PDA

View Full Version : Bromop hacking...Proof..of video he posted HIMSELF

Nedeti
Nov 18, 2006, 05:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_l-eVSwdHI
PSU online haxorinG part 3, big up to broom.

comments....

Emrald
Nov 18, 2006, 09:29 PM
the following video shows him doing the following

walk through walls

speed attacks

godmode

chat hack

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO! SOMETHING MUST BE DONE! HE'S EVEN ADDED MUSIC TO THE VIDEO! HE FINDS THIS TO BE A JOKE!

DoubleJG
Nov 18, 2006, 09:32 PM
Was it Broomop to start the hacking community back on PSODC? I've always wondered who the FIRST person ever was to officialy cheat. Everyone else just became a sorry follower.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 18, 2006, 09:32 PM
That weapon speed hack is... omg. Sending link to Sega now. Everybody else, do so as well.

Celestial
Nov 18, 2006, 09:34 PM
he will get his in due time...

hopefully >_>

Emrald
Nov 18, 2006, 09:36 PM
Reported

Knownoes
Nov 18, 2006, 09:37 PM
lol, speed hack with the saber looks funny.

edit: sniper swords ftw.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Knownoes on 2006-11-18 18:41 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 18, 2006, 09:41 PM
What he doesnt realize is by making that video he put himself up for a lawsuit. And since the retard was stupid enough to use his real info to sign up for the game wont be hard for SEGA to follow through with it.

"Pay me or im going to destroy yourgame by illegally modifing the client"

We can see the broom------- is obviously some lonley --- loser with nothing better to do with his life then hack SEGA games. He probably made a hack for shenmue to win every game of Big or Small. ----- loser.

Edit - Keep your language in check. Thank you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T0m on 2006-11-19 02:59 ]</font>

DoubleJG
Nov 18, 2006, 09:47 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:41, AkiraXxx wrote:
What he doesnt realize is by making that video he put himself up for a lawsuit.

If only Sega acted on these things accordingly. Seems like Sega zZzZzZz 23/7. The other hour they eat, then back to bed.

I've STILL yet to see a freaking GM, or a PSOW mod for that matter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Cause_I_Own_U
Nov 18, 2006, 09:49 PM
Looks like a private server to me

You funny wannabe online hackers make me laugh

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-11-18 18:50 ]</font>

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Nov 18, 2006, 09:49 PM
He's on somebody elses acount so there is nothing you can do to stop him untile he uses his own info lol.You super legits here crack me up.

Knownoes
Nov 18, 2006, 09:50 PM
I think that because he doesn't live in the US he can't be prosecuted unless he sets foot in there? At least that's what people have said before. I don't go to law school. :|

But eh, so long as duping doesn't rear it's head it won't be so bad. At least you can kick people from your partys now if they start that god mode shit, or just leave the lobby if they make you say things.

Still, I'd like to think he'd keep his cheats private, but that's probably a bit too much to hope for.

edit: how the hell could he get a hold of a private server?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Knownoes on 2006-11-18 18:52 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Nov 18, 2006, 09:51 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:49, DA_SHIZZLE_IG wrote:
He's on somebody elses acount so there is nothing you can do to stop him untile he uses his own info lol.You super legits here crack me up.

No, they already banned his first account. Which was his. And the people lending him accounts will just eventually get there CC's blocked, and have to get different ones. Over, and over and over, it wont be long befor they realize, "Hey its not worth letting him on my account because its a pain in the ass to keep getting new credit cards."

hucast21
Nov 18, 2006, 09:52 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:41, AkiraXxx wrote:
What he doesnt realize is by making that video he put himself up for a lawsuit. And since the retard was stupid enough to use his real info to sign up for the game wont be hard for SEGA to follow through with it.

"Pay me or im going to destroy yourgame by illegally modifing the client"

We can see the broom------- is obviously some lonley --- loser with nothing better to do with his life then hack SEGA games. He probably made a hack for shenmue to win every game of Big or Small. -----------.

Agreed. PC version always gets hacked first sadly.

Edit - Keep your language in check, even in quotes. Thank you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T0m on 2006-11-19 02:58 ]</font>

DoubleJG
Nov 18, 2006, 09:53 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:50, Knownoes wrote:

Still, I'd like to think he'd keep his cheats private, but that's probably a bit too much to hope for.

He wants attention for for doing what he's done. It's similar to hitting the level cap or the first person to find that uber rare from the boss. He's the first person to be able to do this kind of stuff so he wants to make sure that his name gets across.

AkiraXxx
Nov 18, 2006, 09:55 PM
I think that because he doesn't live in the US he can't be prosecuted unless he sets foot in there? At least that's what people have said before. I don't go to law school. :|

But eh, so long as duping doesn't rear it's head it won't be so bad. At least you can kick people from your partys now if they start that god mode shit, or just leave the lobby if they make you say things.

edit: how the hell could he get a hold of a private server?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Knownoes on 2006-11-18 18:52 ]</font>

Doesnt matter were you live, if they follow through it will happen.

If the laws applied like that then someone could just spend millions in stolen credit cards over seas to purchase things here and wouldnt have to worry about it. SEGA is a major company, they arent going to let some babydick nerd mess up a million dollar business.

People seem to think they are immune to any legal action due to thier location.

hucast21
Nov 18, 2006, 09:55 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:49, DA_SHIZZLE_IG wrote:

Better than being a follower. Your sorry --- couldn't write a Hello World program I bet.

Script kiddies, nothing more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T0m on 2006-11-19 02:59 ]</font>

Invisus
Nov 18, 2006, 09:56 PM
This video gets a:
10/10 for entertainment
10/10 for being a complete loser
1/10 at making me care

Katrina
Nov 18, 2006, 09:57 PM
That's terrible, someone should link this to the official site. This guy seems to live for the attention, hopefully it burns him in the end.

Knownoes
Nov 18, 2006, 09:58 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:53, DoubleJG3288 wrote:

He wants attention for for doing what he's done. It's similar to hitting the level cap or the first person to find that uber rare from the boss. He's the first person to be able to do this kind of stuff so he wants to make sure that his name gets across.

Well yeah, I know that. That's the reason it's on youtube.

What I meant is that I hope he doesn't show a bunch of other people how to do this. Which will probably happen when he gets banned enough times and wants to take 'revenge' on sega or whatever.

AkiraXxx
Nov 18, 2006, 09:58 PM

Hell yeah, im sure he brags to all the ladies.

there's no need for this

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T0m on 2006-11-19 03:03 ]</font>

DreamTonight
Nov 18, 2006, 10:01 PM
Thats the reason I still playing the japanese PSU...

Auronp
Ehh, so he can walk in the air. Thats doesnt cure his retardation. If thats how he has fun then let him until he gets cought i say. For the time being, if we see someone using them jus blacklist em and boot em. Also how do you report ppl? cause i have no idea how

etlitch
lol basic. removing hitboxes/clipping and animation time.

Game can pretty much be compared with rakion. There aint much limit on what the server will recive - disable clientside gameguard and you have it. lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2006-11-18 19:03 ]</font>

_Deliverance_
Nov 18, 2006, 10:02 PM
I really don't see what the fun is with all this shit... Sweet, you cheated and now you don't get to enjoy the game. Who buys a game and then maxes out in 3 minutes?

Parn
Nov 18, 2006, 10:05 PM
I thought this video was funny, personally. His choice of music was excellent.

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Nov 18, 2006, 10:05 PM
Dude, he never had an account lol he said it himself.If you guys stop talking about him and stop getting upset he will stop.It's that simple, the more you cry and report him the more he's gonna mess things up. I can't see why you reported him when he didn't do anything to anybody WTF.Also watch the video a little closer, there's something sega should check out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T0m on 2006-11-19 03:05 ]</font>

Mwabwetumba
Nov 18, 2006, 10:07 PM
Yes.. he is truly... a talented..person..that... deserves..re..cognition..and....respect from the...gaming...community.

etlitch
Parn wrote:His choice of music was excellent.QFT

Fure_Rakune
Ill agree with Parn on this one.
He won with over with Queen.

AkiraXxx
Nov 18, 2006, 10:11 PM
On 2006-11-18 19:05, DA_SHIZZLE_IG wrote:
Dude, he never had an account lol he said it himself.If you guys stop talking about him and stop getting upset he will stop.It's that simple, the more you cry and report him the more he's gonna fuck up shit.I can't see why you reported him when he didn't do anything to anybody WTF.Also watch the video a little closer, there's something sega should check out.

wow you swear its impossible to track people that use the internet. ANYONE can be found who uses the internet for anything. People that use proxy's think they are immune to everything.

hucast21
Nov 18, 2006, 10:11 PM
On 2006-11-18 19:05, DA_SHIZZLE_IG wrote:
Dude, he never had an account lol he said it himself.If you guys stop talking about him and stop getting upset he will stop.It's that simple, the more you cry and report him the more he's gonna mess things up.I can't see why you reported him when he didn't do anything to anybody WTF.Also watch the video a little closer, there's something sega should check out.

He's going to do it regardless if somebody reports him or not. no need for this

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T0m on 2006-11-19 03:08 ]</font>

Para
Nov 18, 2006, 10:19 PM
Hmm... studying the videos.. why is the 3rd video with the wall hack not show the universe? I would be more inclined to believe that these were online if the universe number wasn't covered.

Not to mention.. it could be just extra mode.

Nedeti
Nov 18, 2006, 10:58 PM

If i was the first person to fly, damn yeah i would make myself known so basically yes and so props to the boss don't mess with broomop and <_< who changed the name?

I heard some reported to the police ^_^ lol don't forget the frontier laws before you end up in jail instead and its a game.

Marks
Nov 19, 2006, 04:54 AM

Sega needs to do something quick...

Lashiens
Nov 19, 2006, 05:05 AM
I am intrigued, yet saddened by this. Hasn't even been a full month yet. *sigh*

Ryogen
Nov 19, 2006, 05:10 AM
That last track is boomin. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Anyway nothing I see is valid. Seems hes keeping to himself so I really don't see a point that he is doing hacking on the actual server. Anyway stop making this guy famous. <_<

drmcst45
Nov 19, 2006, 05:11 AM
LOL Broomop made me laugh with this video.

frankly, i could care less because
1) i dont play on the PC version
2) i havent even been online in a week+ because the stupid lvl cap

i've found offline to be pretty intriguing and if things keep up i might just stay offline ^_^

Saphion
Nov 19, 2006, 05:11 AM
Please SEGA, do something right. Just this once. Please?

DesDes
Nov 19, 2006, 05:14 AM
EXP bar is like way bigger than HP bar. Online, its all even. Hmm.....

Lashiens
Nov 19, 2006, 05:15 AM
They have 3 choices.

1) Ban the guy (already been tried, der. ^.^b), and that didn't work too great. Stupid people giving him their accounts. Twits. Hope they enjoy seeing all their account information get abused.

2) Actually FIX the issues at hand, and get rid of that goddamn Gameguard and get something that actually WORKS. Stop being cheap sega, spend a few extra bucks. Couldn't hurt.

or finally,

3) Say fuck it and let it go to pot just like their other online "attempts.

..........I've got 5 bucks on 3. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

drmcst45
Nov 19, 2006, 05:17 AM
the community is already dying so why not 3 !!!

T0m
Nov 19, 2006, 06:13 AM
Let's keep this a PG rated thread, free of speculations on other people's personal life.

hollowtip
Nov 19, 2006, 07:29 AM
On 2006-11-19 02:11, drmcst45 wrote:
LOL Broomop made me laugh with this video.

frankly, i could care less because
1) i dont play on the PC version
2) i havent even been online in a week+ because the stupid lvl cap

i've found offline to be pretty intriguing and if things keep up i might just stay offline ^_^

Yeah I could really give less of a shit if this is the PC version.

And I don't really see how this proves he's hacking online. I only see himself in the actual combat and no one else.

The guy's a moron. Plain and simple.

He can supposedly crash people's games too on mission entrance.

Lovejuice
Nov 19, 2006, 10:49 AM
What is that Sonic 1 Special Stage vocal remix thing at the very start of the video, and why have I never heard (of) it in my entire life?!

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 19, 2006, 12:27 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:49, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
Looks like a private server to me

You funny wannabe online hackers make me laugh

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-11-18 18:50 ]</font>

Wow get over it, He hacked online,why cant you just admit it? Sega wont do anything about it either =/.

watashiwa
Nov 19, 2006, 01:21 PM
And, seriously, do you think a private server would be out THIS fast?

The SSL and PSU's own encryption hasn't even been cracked yet.

Sadly, PSU isn't really decently protected against memory hacking, though..

Para
Nov 19, 2006, 03:02 PM
On 2006-11-19 10:21, watashiwa wrote:
And, seriously, do you think a private server would be out THIS fast?

The SSL and PSU's own encryption hasn't even been cracked yet.

Sadly, PSU isn't really decently protected against memory hacking, though..

Not if they have a few notable 'players' involved in this... which may happen..

watashiwa
Nov 19, 2006, 04:57 PM
I have an idea of what notable players you're talking about.. they haven't cracked it yet.

As far as PSU's network protocol, there's a 1024 bit secret in combination with the 128 bit SSL security. Underneath all of that is PSU's OWN encryption system... should you have been able to crack the SSL and then PSU's encryption system, you'd have to figure out how exactly the PSU protocol worked and how to manipulate it to do what you want while on the server.

It's idiotic to claim that there is already a private server out when people are still figuring out how the game works and when people don't even know how the PSU protocol works yet. (Movement, chat, character data and storage of data, combat damage calculation, plus a whole lot more..)

It hasn't happened. And won't happen for a very long time..

Aoken
Nov 19, 2006, 08:55 PM
On 2006-11-18 18:32, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
Was it Broomop to start the hacking community back on PSODC?

Sadly enough it is. This guy has been around since the DC days. He's hacked the DC, the PC and Xbox version of Episode 2 but I dont know about the C.A.R.D. series since I dont own a gamecube. The reality is this guy is here to stay. If he has been able to dodge SEGA for the past 7 or 8+ years nothing is gonna stop this kid now. Altough I must say that posting this video has been his biggest slip up to date. It also seems he got his website back up as it was takin down a while back. The only good news I know to report is that from what I know about this guy is he normally keeps his hacks to himself for fame purposes, with the execption of the item duplication hack that was all over the xbox episode 2 game until SEGA got off their butts and made a patch for it, as I am 99% positive he was the culprit.

I also agree with watashiwa. It hopefully will be a while before the games core is discovered. But unless PSU's security is completely redone, broomop will have a leg up because of his experience with all the past pso games. So it may be closer than we think. But it wont matter too much if SEGA keeps the content stripped like it is as I am already seeing a decline in players.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aoken on 2006-11-19 18:06 ]</font>

KiteWolfwood
Nov 19, 2006, 10:13 PM
Doesn't it bother anyone else that he only seems to type in all caps?

Nedeti
Nov 20, 2006, 12:45 AM
On 2006-11-19 19:13, KiteWolfwood wrote:
Doesn't it bother anyone else that he only seems to type in all caps?

CAPS ARE LETTERS, WHAT IS THERE TO BOTHER???

T0m
Nov 20, 2006, 04:54 AM
On 2006-11-19 21:45, Nedeti wrote:
CAPS ARE LETTERS, WHAT IS THERE TO BOTHER???

Forum Etiquette (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_etiquette#Forum_etiquette):
9.Avoid the use of all CAPITAL LETTERS in posts. (All CAPS is considered "shouting" and causes readability issues.)
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 20, 2006, 12:16 PM
On 2006-11-19 17:55, Aoken wrote:

On 2006-11-18 18:32, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
Was it Broomop to start the hacking community back on PSODC?

Sadly enough it is. This guy has been around since the DC days. He's hacked the DC, the PC and Xbox version of Episode 2 but I dont know about the C.A.R.D. series since I dont own a gamecube. The reality is this guy is here to stay. If he has been able to dodge SEGA for the past 7 or 8+ years nothing is gonna stop this kid now. Altough I must say that posting this video has been his biggest slip up to date. It also seems he got his website back up as it was takin down a while back. The only good news I know to report is that from what I know about this guy is he normally keeps his hacks to himself for fame purposes, with the execption of the item duplication hack that was all over the xbox episode 2 game until SEGA got off their butts and made a patch for it, as I am 99% positive he was the culprit.

I also agree with watashiwa. It hopefully will be a while before the games core is discovered. But unless PSU's security is completely redone, broomop will have a leg up because of his experience with all the past pso games. So it may be closer than we think. But it wont matter too much if SEGA keeps the content stripped like it is as I am already seeing a decline in players.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aoken on 2006-11-19 18:06 ]</font>

Mop didnt hack on DC, he actually was kind of bad at it. The orignal hackers were pretty much Sakura(Arukas) and Barubary from Cmgscc.( or however its spelled). The hacks will be released for psu im sure eventually and Sega once again will do nothing about it =/.

Nedeti
Nov 20, 2006, 04:36 PM
Sega is in my kitchen eating my food <_< " weren't they supposed to be working??"

Legenden
Nov 28, 2006, 09:58 AM
I think I will just repost what I just did in YouTube...
To Bromop: Well I sure hope You tube will ban you for this offensive illigeal video and as well as I hope Sega will use your credit card information to sue you
becouse that is their right:)
Walking in the air is just childish and doesnt help a thing, walking through walls will just hinder a good rank becouse you miss enemies and god mode is just lame so I think you will have to level your char alone..
But anyway Im sure you didnt know that becouse you never actually played the game, and now I just hope you never will:) And that attack from distance,,, You could just be a ranger you know!
Noobmop..

fay
Nov 29, 2006, 02:30 PM
when lookin at a video of psu on youtube my eye caught one on the side that said psu hacked or somethin like that. ill post it below.

b4 any1 says anythin. it doesnt show u how to do anythin. its just some1 showing him doing it coz he has a sad life. if u read the comments ull also notice they have a converstaion about it.

it just goes to show how bad people r if uthey dont mind about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_l-eVSwdHI&mode=related&search=

KojiroAK
Nov 29, 2006, 02:34 PM
Wow, i really didn't know that! It's really new. (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=127347&forum=4&55)

TheTasuke
Nov 29, 2006, 04:18 PM
You must be worried.
That or you don't know. It pisses me off, not just at these idiots, but at Sonic Team for not doing anything but hiring a bunch of GMs that don't even know what grammar is, let alone hacking. I know they're still working on the game, but they really need to consider worrying about this kind of stuff, or it'll be PSO again. I don't know if they care, but PSU, to lots of us, really is an MMO which we pay for and they need to start treating it like one. Nothing like this ever happened on FFXI. Ever. I'm not saying FFXI is better, just saying that if they can prevent hacking, so can ST. This isn't a rant. I just want to see people's response to this.

P.S.http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c357/Tarukun/WATTTERX.jpg

ChocoboChad
Nov 29, 2006, 04:21 PM
Yus, I saw that before. I really don't mind it. I'm not worried about it.

Parn
Nov 29, 2006, 04:22 PM
Where does this idea that Final Fantasy XI doesn't get cheated come from? It's had its own share of item and gil duplication, instant-teleporting, walking through barriers, speed hacks, and numerous other glitches. World of Warcraft has them too. Star Wars Galaxies has them. They all have them.

TheTasuke
Nov 29, 2006, 04:23 PM
Why? They can already max their meseta easily. There goes the economy. Not that it's very good now. But still, I'd rather have armies of RMT parading around than hackers.

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 04:24 PM
BroomUP has a point. they aren't doing anything.
He is kinda funny, since he is the perfect image of a hacker.

LOL I LOVES TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS ZOMG!

I would rather have lots of hackers than too tight security. I got banned on some CS servers for taking advantage of a glitch where you move around every 5 seconds. All you are doing it acting as the level Preview Camera.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-29 13:27 ]</font>
________
767 (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_767)

TheTasuke
Nov 29, 2006, 04:24 PM
That's true Parn, but it was always taken care of immediately. And, lol... they have stuff for codebreaker. Jesus christ. That doesn't scare you at all?

DizzyDi
Nov 29, 2006, 04:29 PM
British rap is kinda good...I wish I knew who that artist was.

AndrewLD16
Nov 29, 2006, 04:33 PM
UGH! I thought he got bant?

Pentence
Nov 29, 2006, 04:35 PM
Well i ran into someone on a loli newman model the other day.Said they hated psow (funny since they were on uni 15).So i asked why and they just responded "cause they are a bunch of lil five yearolds who dont like a person runing round looking like a sonic chracter in pso".I stoped thought and laughed a bit then asked'ok well that does seem funny but and harmless but still why'.To which the reply was "cause i can i do it if i can".Finaly they went on to say once they can do it online they will.I just wound up saying that as long as dosent interfere with others game i dont see anything wrong with it.However once it does and starts to actualy hurt the game the line has been crossed.They didnt say a word after that.

So yeah we have em lurking and waiting trying to do what they can.I see no point in doing it personaly sounds like a waste of time and effort(and i will NEVER understand the point of buying a mod chip that cost almost as much as your system just to get a few cheap tricks outa agames engine).Clearly however there are some who just do it becouse they can.

Nailuj
Nov 29, 2006, 04:41 PM
On 2006-11-29 13:24, TheTasuke wrote:
That's true Parn, but it was always taken care of immediately

Nah, on FFXI GM's used to take forever and a DAY to do anything about hackers and gilsellers. They actually reacted more to hackers than gilsellers but now its starting to even out. They recently banned over 11k accounts for gilselling and hacking, so SE is finally doing something about it. But man..I certainly hope I don't have to relive days of DC PSO and worrying about everyone pking each other and learning to hack just to pk other people that pk'd them. Or how about lobby FSOD/BSOD. . . But surely, people will think of worse things to do than that.

panzer_unit
Nov 29, 2006, 04:41 PM
On 2006-11-29 13:23, TheTasuke wrote:
Why? They can already max their meseta easily. There goes the economy.

Yeah... 'cause you've gotta go to really inconvenient places like "Parum" and "Neudaiz" and "Moatoob" to farm materials for rares yourself. And those NPC shops are totally gonna start charging an arm and a leg for all the game necessities because some people hack or buy money.

Nailuj
Nov 29, 2006, 04:47 PM
Just because they can get max meseta, the economy is via the shops and the pricing is solely determined by how much the vendor wants to charge. No fluctuation will happen really.

KirinDave
Nov 29, 2006, 04:48 PM
Last time I checked, Broomop hadn't shown any evidence of online meseta or item dupes.

I know he can fool HIS client, but it doesn't seem to fool the server. Most of his hacks are by-and-large harmless. The only things I'd be concerned to see are:

1. Meseta dupes. This is bad for the economy.
2. Class leveling hacks or character leveling hacks. This lets them screw with the economy indirectly.
3. Item hacks or item dupes.

I also want to point something out. Take it from someone with well over a decade of experience in what you'd call "hacking". I was on UCSB Defcon team (sadly couldn't go the year they won, startups seldom leave you much free time), I've got published literature on intrusion detection, and I've been around the block pretty much since the pre-internet BBS days. Broomop is a poser. We used to call them 'weefles'. He's got the equivalent of a gameshark, he watches process memory maps and fiddles with them. It's a powerful technique, but it's not very challenging or elegant.

Can he mess with the PC version? Probably. Sadly, ST doesn't seem to have what I'd call "bulletproof protocols", but most games don't for performance reasons. Will he be able to totally ruin the game? Probably not. Even if he could, I am sure he realizes what a bad idea it would be. Any kind of thing which could possibly be called a server compromise will surely be aggressively prosecuted. Even if you're in a tolerant country, that kind of attention is annoying and undesirable.

Broomop claims he wants work from ST, but I'm pretty sure that's not true. Security consultants DO get work that way, but they do it by silently submitting these hacks, not by dangling his epeen around youtube and getting in fights with mods.

It's sad too, because Broomop is the kind of person that makes companies want to start using TPM, and that's very bad for the consumer at large.

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 04:49 PM
On 2006-11-29 13:33, AndrewLD16 wrote:
UGH! I thought he got bant?

OH! Approach from behind!

________
Yamaha Dragstar History (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_DragStar)

Nailuj
Nov 29, 2006, 04:53 PM
On 2006-11-29 13:48, KirinDave wrote:
Last time I checked, Broomop hadn't shown any evidence of online meseta or item dupes.

I know he can fool HIS client, but it doesn't seem to fool the server. Most of his hacks are by-and-large harmless. The only things I'd be concerned to see are:

1. Meseta dupes. This is bad for the economy.
2. Class leveling hacks or character leveling hacks. This lets them screw with the economy indirectly.
3. Item hacks or item dupes.

I also want to point something out. Take it from someone with well over a decade of experience in what you'd call "hacking". I was on UCSB Defcon team (sadly couldn't go the year they won, startups seldom leave you much free time), I've got published literature on intrusion detection, and I've been around the block pretty much since the pre-internet BBS days. Broomop is a poser. We used to call them 'weefles'. He's got the equivalent of a gameshark, he watches process memory maps and fiddles with them. It's a powerful technique, but it's not very challenging or elegant.

Can he mess with the PC version? Probably. Sadly, ST doesn't seem to have what I'd call "bulletproof protocols", but most games don't for performance reasons. Will he be able to totally ruin the game? Probably not. Even if he could, I am sure he realizes what a bad idea it would be. Any kind of thing which could possibly be called a server compromise will surely be aggressively prosecuted. Even if you're in a tolerant country, that kind of attention is annoying and undesirable.

Broomop claims he wants work from ST, but I'm pretty sure that's not true. Security consultants DO get work that way, but they do it by silently submitting these hacks, not by dangling his epeen around youtube and getting in fights with mods.

It's sad too, because Broomop is the kind of person that makes companies want to start using TPM, and that's very bad for the consumer at large.

Interesting stuff, it certainly makes you wonder what the entire picture is http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

fay
Nov 29, 2006, 06:35 PM
i dunno if its just me but some1 watch the video again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_l-eVSwdHI&mode=related&search=

take a closer look when he says hes about to do somethin.
if ur all seeing what im seeing then maby its possible to tell ST how he may b doing this. however i want other people oppinions to c if they notice it aswell b4 i do anythin.

im talking about the mouse curser. fair enough maby he could known the mouse about a bit by accident but i doubt he would put it to the exact positions everytime he said somethin was gonna happen

foxmcleoud
Dec 7, 2006, 11:38 PM
Oh, his name will get across. And look at how fast he types!! He must be some little 10 year old hyped up on energy drinks!

DONTOSE
Dec 10, 2006, 03:23 AM
I BET that in a few weeks those stuped hackers well be hacking the nanoblast and suv weapon moves to make them have unlimited power i can see it now a six man group made up of hackers that all have beasts and they would all go nanoblast at the same time and they would all have unlimited powers!

Sinue_v2
Dec 11, 2006, 12:47 PM
it certainly makes you wonder what the entire picture is

Broomop is a poser. We used to call them 'weefles'. He's got the equivalent of a gameshark, he watches process memory maps and fiddles with them. It's a powerful technique, but it's not very challenging or elegant.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^--- That is the entire picture.

Thoridan
Dec 11, 2006, 05:19 PM
um. He obviously made a private server. He wasn't really online doing this stuff on the real server. How do i know? Pose yourself these questions:

Isn't it obvious he was SO EXCITED and SO HYPED on getting us to know he is doing this stuff online? (yes)

So then why wouldnt he go to a place with like 50 people plus to show us these hax or get in a party with 5 others un knowing then do "speed hack"? (good question!)

This dude is a liar who wants attention.

Demiga
Dec 11, 2006, 09:49 PM
On 2006-11-19 07:49, Lovejuice wrote:
What is that Sonic 1 Special Stage vocal remix thing at the very start of the video, and why have I never heard (of) it in my entire life?!

... that's not Sonic, it's Sway and Baby Blue. Search for a song called "Love Story".

On 2006-11-29 13:29, DizzyDi wrote:
British rap is kinda good...I wish I knew who that artist was.

The rappers in that video were Sway, and a group called Roll Deep.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Demiga on 2006-12-11 18:53 ]</font>

Careful
Dec 12, 2006, 01:54 PM
Ok, i downloaded 30 songs by Roll deep and couldn't find the song at the end of the video >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Careful on 2006-12-12 14:22 ]</font>

Calamity
Dec 21, 2006, 02:07 AM
i didnt feel like reading all this stuff so if someone said it allready sorry but uh do u really think he was online doin that i bet you a million meseta he hasnt even got online yet that was in extra mode its really easy for a hacker to hack somethin like that or find glitches that can do these things or dupe if they havent got online yet hes jus tryin to look cool its so stupid

Calamity
Dec 21, 2006, 02:12 AM
oops ignore the last post i saw at the end there was people so this dude is better then i thought =O

leilani
Dec 22, 2006, 04:57 AM
On 2006-12-07 20:38, foxmcleoud wrote:
Oh, his name will get across. And look at how fast he types!! He must be some little 10 year old hyped up on energy drinks!

he's actually an older dude with long hair. he's on my brother's friend list for msn. i don't know if they're actual "friends". that was a while back though. they did all that hacking on other consoles. i think my fiance is his friend as well. they e-mail back and forth and chat on 360. it's been constant. lame if you ask me. why do people waste all their time dealing with something that has nothing to do with real life? i am so close to leaving his @#$. anyway...that's another story.

JAYDEN
Dec 27, 2006, 03:41 PM
people giving credit to a person that found a loop hole in a game to cheat????

let me give credit where credit is do, .......ready? ...... here we go!!! .........i would like to give credit to Sega for creating this game, PSOWORLD employees for this site, to all the REAL GAMERS that played for hours, days, months, to have what meseta or items they worked so hard for, what ever level you maybe. THANK YOU....THANK YOU......LOVE YOU ALL!!

watashiwa
Dec 27, 2006, 10:07 PM
On 2006-12-27 12:41, JAYDEN wrote:
let me give credit where credit is do, .......

"Due"..

And you forgot to thank God, like all the other rappers do.

Careful
Dec 27, 2006, 11:50 PM
So what's the song at the end of the movie? lol dont give a shit about bro mop though =/

Scopes
Dec 30, 2006, 03:10 PM
If he wasn't such an ass I'd almost be impressed >.>

Hotashi
Dec 30, 2006, 05:07 PM
Impressive, but he's too child like to get much respect.

Konstanse_Xx
Dec 31, 2006, 07:32 AM
I can't take a man seriously when he talks LIKE THIS.

o_o

BogusKun
Jan 1, 2007, 04:28 AM
Imports... you buy from SEGA, you follow international law.

It's a part of mass media.

xExFireFox
Jan 1, 2007, 07:45 PM
if you all dont care about him y tale about him,waste your time on him and watch his vids on youtube? i see that you dont want hacking in psu and i get that and im not goin to be hacking it for the ppl on here that know me.(xewxfirefox yes changed clan name)and no thats not online. i want to know y you waste your time on some one thats not goin to be rembered in like 5years.tho have being a modder in pso i get y he dose it ppl have ther own way of playing the game and he picks that way.and as i know hes not like all the hackers that say hacked is better then legit. its just a way he wants to play and some ppl r not goin to like it and some will.for most hackers that are like hack is better legit is for fags so on so on thos are the ones that give hackers a bad name. when i hacker i did not care i was just bored of playing legit and so on.if he dose do it on line just stay away from him.go in a room or leave the lobby.

thats just my 2cents in all this care or dont thats up to you all.let the flameing start=)

Careful
Jan 1, 2007, 07:51 PM
Do you know the song at the end then?

xExFireFox
Jan 1, 2007, 08:17 PM
nope sry

Banish
Jan 12, 2007, 06:54 PM
That hacker sure is in for good...

Crono114
Jan 13, 2007, 09:49 AM
7 pages of Broomop? That's nuts.

Starfox1000
Jan 14, 2007, 02:19 PM
LOL i liked the fast hiting one..........