PDA

View Full Version : Any ANIME lovers out there?

Black_Fang
Nov 19, 2006, 10:56 PM
I've been into anime since i can remember. If there is anyone else out there who REALLY likes anime as much as i do then PLZ reply cuz id like to hear all about your favorites! Even your favorite video games is cool! Im pretty much into anything. ^-^

CupOfCoffee
Nov 19, 2006, 11:00 PM
Hmm, well, I kind of don't like anime and the whole fandom in general, but Outlaw Star has always been a great show in my book. I love all the celebrity voices they rounded up and how the ships have those hilarious robot wrestling matches.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Nov 19, 2006, 11:04 PM
Yup! Liked that. Wish it would be on CN again at decent times.

ChocoboRemiX
Nov 19, 2006, 11:48 PM
I've only recently gotten into anime... and been kinda frightened by the inhumanity of Paranoia Agent and rocked back by the insanity of FLCL... other than that... i liked sycred *duno wer to put -'s* amen 2 naruto and the past few weeks havnt really been able to stay up past 11 hw : /

SubstanceD
Nov 20, 2006, 04:03 AM
Massive anime fan over here. I grew up with shows like Voltron ( both the Lion Vlotron and the Vehicle Voltron ), Robotech, Mazinkaiser, etc.

While it is not extensive, I don't have time to list my entire anime collection. MY currebt favorite shows are, Full Metal Alchemist, Gundam Seed, Rahxephon, Ghost In THe Shell: Stand Alone Complex/SAC 2nd GIG, Azumanga Daioh and Kaliedo Star.

Kuea
Nov 20, 2006, 05:37 AM
I suppose I'm a big fan of anime http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif though technically I don't care if it's made in japan america africa live action computer graphics or drawn, if it perks my interest, I like it >.>

for anime that I really love... lesse... there is kiddy grade... tenjo tenge... Elfen lied... Erementar Gered... ( although I think when they brought it out here it became elemental gelede or something )...beet the vandal buster... Bleach... Shaman King... Yuyu hakusho... Hellsing... Hellsing OVA... The Melancholy Of Suzumiya Haruhi... black cat... princess princess... Rockman.EXE/Axess/Stream/Beast/Beast+... Star Ocean... Pre-Tear... D.N.Angel... and that's about all I can think of right now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif not very many I know...

the first anime I really watched was gundam wing =3 first episode I seen I watched for 4 minutes, then decided I didn't like it, went back 2 weeks later watched more and loved it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I s tarted watchign it from there and started watchign more shows like it, then a few years later I learned what anime was and then further expanded my library http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

tank1
Nov 20, 2006, 05:45 AM
I love Anime i first started watching it when my family got cable i saw Robotech and Gigantor and watched them religiously for the next few years XD. Ive watched to much Anime now to give definite favourites but lately ive really been into Bleach (hasnt everyone?), Shakugan no Shana, Negima and Galaxy Angel.

Black_Fang
Nov 20, 2006, 08:25 AM
Ya Bleach just started on Adult Swim and ive been watching that a lot lately too. Im crazy for that show. Im also into... Inuyasha... Card Captor Sakura,...Chobits,...DNAngel...Exel Saga...FullMetal Alchemist...Chrono Crusade...Steel Angel Kurumi...Fruits Basket...Trinity Blood...Neon Genesis Evangelion. Theres probably more but i just can't remember much. To tell ya the truth i didnt think anyone would reply. ^-^ cool.

RavenTW
Nov 20, 2006, 03:56 PM
On 2006-11-20 02:45, tank1 wrote:
Ive watched to much Anime now to give definite favourites but lately ive really been into Bleach (hasnt everyone?),

*raises hand* I haven't!

In all seriousness, I love anime and manga. Robotech, Hellsing, Escaflowne, Nausicaa (I own the original VHS that came to America, Warriors of the Wind), Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz, Transformers, Zoids, Black Cat, Those Who Hunt Elves, Rockman.EXE and all sagas, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, Akira, Shaman King, Samurai Deeper Kyo, One Piece, Naruto (not as much as some people, as I prefer Kabuto's style over any of the major villans), Yu-Gi-Oh! (NOT GX), Claymore (manga), Death Note (manga, heard Japan made a real-live show of it), and, to a lesser extent, Neon Genesis Evangelion and DBZ.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RavenTW on 2006-11-20 12:57 ]</font>

Zuenza
Nov 20, 2006, 04:52 PM
Nobody mentioned the Get Backers.*Cries*

Sayara
Nov 20, 2006, 05:27 PM
Paranoia Agent is the only anime i liked.

Eihwaz
Nov 20, 2006, 05:52 PM
Cowboy Bebop and Fooly Cooly. Enough said.

Though, I like what I've seen from the first couple of episodes of Last Exile. I really need to finish watching it sometime...

Black_Fang
Nov 20, 2006, 10:37 PM
Has anyone here heard of Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles? I just got into it. I haven't seen the english dubbed version though.

tank1
Nov 21, 2006, 11:13 AM
I was in London the other day and i stumbled across a copy of the Manga of Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles. (atleast i think it was) But at the last moment i decided to buy some Negima Manga instead. So is it any good Black_Fang? if so i might buy it next time.

Black_Fang
Nov 21, 2006, 06:25 PM
I think TRC is REALLY good. If you've seen or heard Chobits and Card Captor Sakura then youll love it. Its kinda cool how they put some characters you might already know in there. But if not, the story line will. I recommend it to ya. 0.^

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 22, 2006, 08:25 AM
ya, I'm an anime lover. I like watching Bleach, Samurai 7(I also like the old, 1954 movie on which the anime is based on), Fist of the North Star aka Hokuto no Ken, Naruto(just started getting into it), Samurai Champloo, Record of Lodoss War, etc.

Ami
Nov 22, 2006, 01:09 PM
*raises hand* I've been a fan since I was little. My first anime was Sailor Moon. My all-time favorite is Saiyuki. The anime I'm currently watching is Trinity Blood, Bleach, Eureka 7, and Naruto.

Neoswayne
Nov 22, 2006, 10:46 PM
I wish there was an Anime channel out there somewhere. If there was a channel that showed it during the day, unlike Cartoon Network, that would be awsome. I never stay up late enough to watch theirs. The only Anime I can watch is on YouTube or Naruto on Saturday. Does anyone know any good anime beside Bleach and Naruto?

MaximusLight
Nov 23, 2006, 12:41 AM
I think it's safe to say I like anime.... though I don't no if I'm really a big fan of it.... oh well. >:3

Black_Fang
Nov 23, 2006, 01:31 PM
As for Channels that broadcast Anime all the time i think there is one but you have to pay to get it in your area. Its kinda sad. But i know what you mean. I can hardly stay up to watch those shows on cartoon network. But i think that if you want a really good anime to watch other then Naruto and Bleach then there is Inuyasha (but its a long series) and Trinity Blood is awesome if your into vampires and holy stuff. ^-^ But i love it all the way. Sry thats all i can think of but i tried. Hopefully you can buy some anime or just try watching what you can Neoswayne. 0.^

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 24, 2006, 10:49 PM
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
http://ser8.imgdump.net/images/11242006/s8_a91d65e539c495c.jpg (http://www.imgdump.net/)

Short 14 episodes but really good. The first episode sucks. really you could skip watching the first episode since it involves another episode later in the series. Ummm u gotta download it since no1 has licensed it or released it in the US.

DikkyRay
Nov 25, 2006, 11:53 AM
SCHOOL RUMBLE FTW!!!!
Funniest romantic comedy ever. You'll laugh until it hurts... Only 2 seasons, but they are making another in japan

Sayara
Nov 25, 2006, 12:26 PM
Well on a random note i thought about giving Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni a chance; I mean it has been used for Asaki songs. And if Ether liked it it can't be that bad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Neoswayne
Nov 25, 2006, 05:23 PM
I wish they wouldn't translate some of the anime because most of the Japanese Voisce actors are a lot better than the American ones, for example Jiraiya on the Japanese and American Narutos. The Japanese one is so much better.

xstrait_edgex
Nov 25, 2006, 09:36 PM
HEY BLACK_FANG!!!!!! No i used to be a fan but now my new change in my life is awesome and no nothing happened so HAHAHAHA!!

Sayara
Nov 25, 2006, 11:29 PM
On 2006-11-25 14:23, Neoswayne wrote:
I wish they wouldn't translate some of the anime because most of the Japanese Voisce actors are a lot better than the American ones, for example Jiraiya on the Japanese and American Narutos. The Japanese one is so much better.

Well, it depeneds more on taste. I would rather hear everything in English and not have to sit and read subtitles. And the only (yes only) dub i couldn't stand were UFO Valkerie. And maybe Azumanga's Chiyo/Osaka

Willbo118
Nov 26, 2006, 02:08 AM
Anime and Manga is great. Never really like the shounen stuff thought. *cough* bleach naruto *cough*

Haven't found anything good since Haruhi though, any suggestions?

Black_Fang
Dec 4, 2006, 07:15 PM
What is Haruhi? And personally i prefer anything as long as the art isn't bad and the story line is good.

Meeth
Dec 11, 2006, 08:48 AM
I love Anime and i have for years. My favourite anime is Chrono Crusade, but i love Card Captor Sakura, Zoids, esaflowne, and many others

Xaos127
Dec 11, 2006, 09:07 AM
I'm into the whole Japanese style video games, so i've always liked certain anime(anime's?!).
Azumanga Daioh, Samurai Champloo and Rurouni Kenshin are great butttttttt Bleach is pretty much on a whole other level of awesome, and there's a movie coming out soon, real soon!

Thrash777
Dec 11, 2006, 11:26 AM
BLEACH! Gundam Wing, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist

Sinue_v2
Dec 11, 2006, 01:22 PM
I'm not a big anime fan - but I do enjoy animation in general, and some of them have piqued my interst.

Armitage III (Poly - Dual Matrix)
Ghost in the Shell (1 & 2, SAC 1 & 2)
Demon City Shinjoku
Elfen Lied
Hellsing OVA & Anime
Black Magic M-88
GunFrontier or anything with Captain Harlock
Record of Lodoss War OVA & Show
Legend of Himiko
FLCL
Cowboy Bebop
Tetsuwan Birdy the Mighty
Blood & Blood+
Monster
Vampire Hunter D
A Wind Called Amnesia
Grave of the Fireflies
Ect...

chaos89
Dec 12, 2006, 08:02 PM
any one like gantz?

Black_Fang
Dec 13, 2006, 11:18 PM
On 2006-12-11 06:07, Xaos127 wrote:
I'm into the whole Japanese style video games, so i've always liked certain anime(anime's?!).
Azumanga Daioh, Samurai Champloo and Rurouni Kenshin are great butttttttt Bleach is pretty much on a whole other level of awesome, and there's a movie coming out soon, real soon!

A movie from Bleach!?! Awesome...i didn't even know that there was a movie coming out! Now i can't wait to see it.

And i don't know about everyone else but ive heard a lot of people mention the anime Gantz...whats that all about, i mean, what is the anime about? Just curious.

Sonoberserk
Dec 14, 2006, 03:41 PM
I am a BIG anime fan. I grew up on Voltron, Robotech, and (U.S.) Tranzor Z. Then I got deeper into it when I saw Fist of the North Star and Ninja scroll. Nowadays, anything with Mechs interests me, like Patlabor, Sakura Wars, and any Gundam Series, especially G-Gundam and Wing. Lately, I've been trying to get Subtitled Naruto and Erueka 7 episodes.

sniperslay
Dec 14, 2006, 04:35 PM
O yea hell yea i mean like who dosen't

DONTOSE
Dec 14, 2006, 05:35 PM
I love animes like Naruto,DragonballZ,trinity blood,inuyasha,bleach and eureka 7.

OnnaWren
Dec 16, 2006, 03:36 PM
I don't mind a lot of the newer stuff, but my favorite will always be Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman. And what with ADV releasing all 105 episodes for the first time in America, I can finally see it as it was meant to be seen...

Bird... GO!

Black_Fang
Dec 18, 2006, 10:59 PM
On 2006-12-14 17:18, Nukei wrote:
I like anime, Bleach is currently my favorite I guess, the Bleach Movie is coming out on saturday!

Do you mean its coming to stores on dvd or something? I hope so T.T
They better or else i might be heart broken...

Fleur-de-Lis
Dec 18, 2006, 11:21 PM
On 2006-11-25 08:53, DikkyRay wrote:
SCHOOL RUMBLE FTW!!!!
Funniest romantic comedy ever.

No offense, but I beg to differ. Urusei Yatsura is the funniest romantic comedy ever. Then again, perhaps it just depends on differing senses of humor.

Most anime leaves me disappointed, and I generally end up gravitating towards the classics (at least those of my generation). I enjoyed Macross, Uchuu Senkan Yamato, Kikou Souseiki Mospeada, Kidou Senshi Gundam, and Kidou Senshi Z Gundam. There are others but I think I've reached my limit...

-Ryuki-
Dec 19, 2006, 01:27 AM
Any fans who prefer Japanese dubbing over English?

Because we all know that Naruto should've been left undubbed by the Americans, as well as Bleach. u_u;

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 19, 2006, 08:59 AM
yeah, I'm with you, although I do think that some of the English voices for Naruto match from what I've heard, I mainly just don't like the censorship and such. Some english dubbing may be good, but others, the voices don't just sound good.

Fleur-de-Lis
Dec 19, 2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah, that's actually a primary reason most anime turn me off: bad voice-over or bad translation.

Split
Dec 19, 2006, 12:18 PM
Not really a fan, but I missed watching G Gundam and Outlaw Star after school like 5 years ago. Best shows ever to grace cartoon network, they should bring them back for the good times...

Maskim
Dec 19, 2006, 02:52 PM
Can't say I love anime...but I like it immensely. I'm so very picky about my anime though, that the majority of it I just won't watch. I don't like nudity, for nudity's sake, but I don't mind at all when it helps certain scenes to help drive the story. As a rule, if it's lame enough for Cartoon Network to pick up, I don't like it. The only two exceptions for this would be Trigun and Cowboy Bebop, but I've never seen either of those in english, just fan subbed versions from long ago. I very much like dark/gritty anime, my all time favorites being Berserk and Vampire Hunter D. Both of which I prefer the manga and novels, respectivly, than the anime, but the animes are good too. If my kids hadn't busted my old ps2 that had my hard drive and JP games on it, I probably would have never been able to pry myself away from the Berserk game long enough to play PSU. I like the Lodoss series a lot as well, but that's just because I'd been TRPGing since I was 8 or 9, and had wanted a Robotech like (I was only 8, I didn't know what anime was yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) D&D show since then. When I rented and watched the Record of Lodoss War OVA the first time, when I was 18, it was like a freaking dream come true. That is all.

Black_Fang
Jan 1, 2007, 11:26 AM
I pretty much just became an Eureka Seven fan. Mostly because of the music. And i just got this new manga called Soul Rescue (its great), its all about a rogue angel who only knows how to fight who gets banished from heaven and sent to earth. and the only way he can go back to heaven is if he saves 10,000 human souls. Its cool and i love the comedy. I recommend it to anyone who is into that kinda stuff. Sorry if thats sounds too much like a commercial with the cheesy smiles and bad acting. ^-^