PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted file; has this happened to anyone else?

MikeRSG
Nov 21, 2002, 02:57 AM
Here's the email I sent to Sega. I'll post their response when I get it.

"Hello,

I turned on my copy of Phantasy Star Online to get the following error message today:

"The System File, Character File, and Guild Card Files in Slot A are corrupt and must be deleted. OK?"

I am using a first-party 59-block memory card, so I doubt that's the problem. I don't have any Gameshark style devices, and I haven't tampered with the memory card, which, in fact, has been plugged into my Gamecube since I got PSO.

I am sure you will do everything you can in your power to rectify this situation."

Neo-Zenji
Nov 21, 2002, 03:04 AM
It happend to me.

sonicblue
Nov 21, 2002, 10:26 AM
I've heard this happen to others as well. o_O;; That really sucks.

Leviathin
Nov 21, 2002, 11:54 AM
Happened to my first character, turned off the power just a split second too soon (it wasn't finished saving). Sucked.

MikeRSG
Nov 21, 2002, 01:14 PM
On 2002-11-21 08:54, Leviathin wrote:
Happened to my first character, turned off the power just a split second too soon (it wasn't finished saving). Sucked.

I'm always really careful about this, so as I remember I didn't turn it off while it was saving. I am now using a different memory card just in case. Here's the response from Sega:

"Thank you for e-mailing Sega Technical Support.

I'm sorry, but I do not know why your file would have been corrupted. If you
continue to have this problem, then it may be that your memory card could be
defective. Other than that, I see no reason as to why it would have been corrupted.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

-Jason
Sega of America Technical Support"

MikeRSG
Nov 21, 2002, 03:41 PM
I guess I'll chalk this one up to "bad memory card." I am using a different one from now on, and take note if anything funny happens:

"Thank you for e-mailing Sega Technical Support.

To my knowledge, no, nothing should cause that, other than possibly a power outage,
a power surge, removing the memory card during saving, or shutting the game off
before it has finished saving."

ginko990
Nov 21, 2002, 09:51 PM
I dunno, I always just wait until the title screen come son again to switch memory cards/turn off. I DO NOT want to lose my character.

Fulgore_7575
Nov 22, 2002, 05:54 AM
I almost corrupted my file by dropping my Card down a drain at work (don't ask why I had it at my work, I work at a Starbucks). As fate would have it, it was balancing on the drain cover thingy and didn't go in at all. I think God's watching over my Gamecube Card 251.