PDA

View Full Version : PSO on Xbox will not be better then GC's.....

RaXoR
Nov 21, 2002, 10:45 AM
I'm just so sick of people saying "Oh I'm waiting until Xbox version comes out, because I'll be able to talk on it!". I'm going to talk about reasons why it's not good. I know some will agree and some will disagree but who knows. Here it goes:

1. Voice-chat on Xbox Live: You can talk, wow be woop. It's like everyone thinks talking on a microphone is a gift of nature. While it is very good in certain games, their isnt really any positive uses for this. What are you going to say? "WATCH OUT! Rag rappy 10 o clock!". What happens when you talk into the mic what happens when 3 people talk at once? Sure maybe they will limit it to 1 person talking at once. Good god you better hope this person isnt a yapper, you could have to wait for a long time. Then maybe they will put a limit on the time you can talk for. That would be a catastrophe. For all you who have played Alien Front Online know what I'm talking about with the time limit on talking. There is the most pesky things in the world with mic chatting too. You have little kids (very very annoying), people making annoying sounds, people cussing, people playing music with the mic, and people making sexual comments. This doesnt mean much when typed with a keyboard but it will get your attention more on a mic. Sure why not just ignore the people right? You've just wasted the whole function of chatting with people because of someone who was abusing the mic. Well your up late at night playing a game and your not going to be able to chat because if you have others in the house, you wake them BOOM your xbox is gone. It's also funny because YOU GUYS DONT HAVE A KEYBOARD! GC players can just import one!

2. No Hunter's License Fee: Yeh we have a hunters License fee yep we do. Its $8.95 a month and for 1 year the total is $107.40. But wait 1 second your not getting off that easy...Xbox Live costs $59.99 and you get the thing for the whole year. Whats the price to use that after that free year? Anyway I'd like to know who said there is NO hunter's license fee for Xbox anyway. There is a charge of 600 yen per month IN ADDITION to Xbox Live for the Japanese PSO (thats $5 American). Hey it was cheaper in Japan for the hunter license for us, but we pay more now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Could the same happen for you?

Al-Rappy
Nov 21, 2002, 12:25 PM
I completely agree! Both of your reasons are execellent ones, especially number 2. Xbox players will have to pay $50 more just to play online. Haha for them! The mic is actually a GOOD idea... just not for PSO. The mic will only come in handy for games like Ghost Recon and Halo 2.

Kalbelgarion
Nov 21, 2002, 08:16 PM
1) Yes, many, many people (few thousand of which visit PSOW, according to a recent poll) think that the XBOX version will be a great version of PSOep1+2 to own. And a great majority of these people think that Voice Chat is a great addition to a game like PSO. As, as you stated, warning other players about monsters is just one positive aspect. Talking and typing is non-existant in Challenge Mode due to the pace of the game. However, with Voice Chat, one can talk and give directions with ease.

When three people talk at once, you hear three voices at once. It's the same thing that happens on any version of PSO when three people type at once: Three communications are recieved, and oftentimes all three cannot be understood. I've been playing on XBOX Live for three months now, and I can safely tell you that a vast, vast majority of the people I have encountered have passed the first grade and have learned to wait their turn to speak.

And I, along with the vast majority of XBOX Live players, ask annoying people, such as those who swear, make obnoxious sounds, and act like cretains, to stop being annoying. If they presist, they are simply muted forever, until I deem it nessisary for them to speak again. Muteing other players is very, very easy. I'm glad that all versions of Episode I and II also include an option to hide text messages from players, too.

I'm sorry if you live in a abusive home, or if you know people with XBOXes that are abused because they may talk during the night. There are Government agencies that can help you and others, if this is the case.

Also, a USB connector will be released for PSO (and possibly other games in the future). The XBOX version of PSO will fully support both Voice Chat and Keyboard Chat. Unfortunatly for PSO lovers everywhere, there is no keyboard available in the States for GCN PSO. There is not even a USB adaptor that lets one use outside keyboards. I am truely sorry.

2) Hopefully I can clear up some of these misconceptions about the online fees. The GCN version, as you stated, has a monthly fee of $8.95/month in the States. You have my sympothy. The XBOX Live Starter kit costs $49.99 (you misstated the price by quite a bit), and it comes with the Headset (A mode of communication. Currently, Gamecube owners must spend a pretty penny [Near or well over $50] *just* to get a mode of communication. Again, I am truely sorry that Sega of America has screwed you over.), two online demos, and one full year of server access. After that first year, Microsoft is looking to charge a fee that is around $8.95/month for ALL XBOX Live games. So, in short, the GCN owners pay a $8.95 monthly fee to play PSO, and the XBOXers will have to pay a similar fee to play PSO and all other online games.

Microsoft's main reps, and many underlings have insisted that the US version of PSO will have no monthly fee, whatsoever. I tend to trust their word, as Microsoft will be running the servers. The Japanese version, however, will have a small monthly fee, which is likely in place to conpensate for the lack of money from software sales, as the folks in Japan get PSOepI+II absolutly free.

I hope this has been enlightening. Good day. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jkid
Nov 21, 2002, 08:38 PM
I read on the Xbox live website that the $50 per year fee will be in place next year.