PDA

View Full Version : So anyone hear abou the PS3 Murder. . .

Zabot
Nov 21, 2006, 08:07 AM
i read in the newspaper the other day that a guy went around robbing people for their money to get the PS3 and someone wouldnt give him their money so he shot them. i dont understand why people do that. but i dont understand why they are making the PS3 so scarce. i actually want one. and i actually excpected this to be honest.

OH by the way, i might switch to computer, or even play both, so look for me on the computer version sometime. name is Zabot.

Peace

AkiraXxx
Nov 21, 2006, 08:10 AM
Because people are fucking retarded. He wanted to play PS3 so bad he'd shoot someone. Now the stupid cunt will NEVER, EVER in his LIFE play ps3. Last time I checked murder and attempted murder was a life sentence.

Zabot
Nov 21, 2006, 08:15 AM
yea, i think its pretty stupid to kill someone over a game or a game system. i personally love games, im going into game design for my carreer(hope i spelled that right) but i would never go to that extreme for a game console. ya know.

Peace

pkazama
Nov 21, 2006, 08:20 AM
that guy would have been better of playing games at a gamestore on their PS3.

Damaged
Nov 21, 2006, 08:29 AM
Last guy who killed someone over a video game console got a death sentence..

That whole crap with the dude who got three guys to kill someone over an xbox is going to get the chair for that.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 21, 2006, 08:30 AM
Nah, it's really fucking intelligent to kill somebody over a games system, yep.

Just postin' for da hell of it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Carlos21
Nov 21, 2006, 08:34 AM
lolo, just show what the world is comin to, soon there will total anarchy!!!!!

and Bill Gates will have to fight the army of ''THUGs'' with his trusty Windows THUG Killer Home Edition, available now!!!

Kent
Nov 21, 2006, 09:20 AM
It's just plain moronic to harm someone over a video game system like that.

...Especially a PS3.

tank1
Nov 21, 2006, 11:09 AM
The shit people do these days really makes you wonder about the state the world is in.

Zarode
Nov 21, 2006, 11:12 AM
Actually, 50% of the people that got a PS3 were reselling it on Ebay. They had money on their minds, so greed made them do a lot of the things they did.

Sad, ne? `- `

ABDUR101
Nov 21, 2006, 11:23 AM
Are we surprised? (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=127015&forum=9&26)

RoninJoku
Nov 21, 2006, 11:23 AM
Oh god... all these people are doing is justifying the insanity that is Jack Thompson.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 21, 2006, 01:45 PM
On 2006-11-21 05:07, Zabot wrote:
i dont understand why they are making the PS3 so scarce.

Sony figured out that they can make their game console seem more popular than it actually is by not providing enough of them. What I find amusing is that the Wii sold out just as quickly with several hundred thousand more units available.

Does anyone have some sort of source cited for the statistic concerning half the PS3's immediately being sold on eBay?

On 2006-11-21 05:10, AkiraXxx wrote:
Last time I checked murder and attempted murder was a life sentence.

25 years to Life, and in some states, Death, for murder. I believe the minimum sentence for Attempted Murder is 10 years.

Eihwaz
Nov 21, 2006, 01:54 PM
On 2006-11-21 06:20, Kent wrote:
It's just plain moronic to harm someone over a video game system like that.

...Especially a PS3.

Quoted for (hilarious) truth. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

This is yet another reason I tend to not buy new systems at the launch: I avoid the possibility of getting gunned down. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

ABDUR101
Nov 21, 2006, 01:59 PM
Please, getting gunned down isn't an every store occurance. Thats like saying you avoid riding in cars to avoid an accident, when in all likelyhood you're going to get hurt in your own home than in an accident or being shot over a console.

Eihwaz
Nov 21, 2006, 02:19 PM
I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek, Abdur. I'm aware that in the vast majority of cases, the chances of getting fatally shot (or even shot, period) are astronomically low.

But the chance is still there! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

ABDUR101
Nov 21, 2006, 02:40 PM
On 2006-11-21 11:19, Eihwaz wrote:
I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek, Abdur. I'm aware that in the vast majority of cases, the chances of getting fatally shot (or even shot, period) are astronomically low.

Denote with smilies or use yer damn sarcasm tags, can't be tongue in cheek when you reply with a serious tone and then add a frown on the end.

But the chance is still there! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I have a better likelyhood of accidently hanging myself in the shower with a bath sponge cord, but all the same.

I don't really feel bad for the people who were in large groups and ALLOWED themselves to be held at gunpoint. You're telling me that someone could'nt have screamed "He's got a gun and is robbing us!!", used a cellphone to discretely call for help, or, you know, all gotten together to bludgeon the few silly fucks? I'd rather get shot in an attempt to protect myself, than get shot after I handed over all my money...or to the "big guys" that merely said "No" and then got shot, yeah, real smart there jackass. I'm pretty sure when someone pulls a gun, they intend to use it, so either you get quicker on your feet, or you work out how you're going to work with the 15 OTHER people in line to get the guy thats holding all of you up.

I have no sympathy for people that allow themselves to be victims, rather than atleast making an effort to stop it from happening. If we had more people getting bludgeoned to death for attempting to hold groups of people at gunpoint, stands to reason we'd have less gung-ho desperados willing to hold up people in groups, yes?

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 21, 2006, 04:10 PM
On 2006-11-21 11:40, ABDUR101 wrote:
I have no sympathy for people that allow themselves to be victims, rather than atleast making an effort to stop it from happening. If we had more people getting bludgeoned to death for attempting to hold groups of people at gunpoint, stands to reason we'd have less gung-ho desperados willing to hold up people in groups, yes?

It's an awkward quirk of human nature that you will never see a large crowd stand up against a threat, such as a single man with a gun, until someone figures it out and steps up to be a leader. Otherwise, everyone just tries to run away from the gun.

I suppose that where it comes from, is that everyone is pretty much thinking on an individual level, rather than on a group level. They think of themselves and consider their vulnerability to a single gun with twelve bullets, rather than their group of thirty or forty, and their collective vulnerability to a single gun with twelve bullets. Without someone stepping up to unify the group, this doesn't change.

ABDUR101
Nov 21, 2006, 04:15 PM
Of course, I know thats what the issue is. It's the same path that will have 20 people watching a single person drown, no one will act until ONE person steps up, and then you'll have others jumping in to make an effort aswell.

Certainly works the same with mobs and rioters, only takes one cast stone to incite a riot.

Blitzkommando
Nov 21, 2006, 05:33 PM
You know, I found this article (http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/11/21/top10_ps3_reasons/) rather applicable to this story. Yeah, a lot of people are trying to make a quick buck off their PS3. You have to admit though, they've got some creativity behind it. Too bad they won't use that creativity to earn the money instead.

Schubalts
Nov 21, 2006, 06:10 PM
Norvekh! I almost peed myself reading that list! I hope they weren't serious about those prices, though. $1,750,000 for a PS3? HAHAHHAHhaaaah!

VanDarkmind
Nov 25, 2006, 05:37 AM
Well, by reading this, just getting shot down because of having money, I'm glad I'm livin in Germany. Here, those things just never could happen, because we've just laws that are mostly preventing people from doin such stupid things http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif ....Killing people for money to buy a PS3..... how can anybody be that stupid?

Xaos127
Nov 25, 2006, 05:53 AM
People have gotten murdered over much less.

Tweengo
Nov 25, 2006, 09:45 AM
LMAO at the idiots so deperate for a PS3. Did stuff like this ('cept the Ebay thing) happen at the 360 launch? No. Will stuff like this happen when the Wii launches here in the UK? Not bloody likely. Proves my point that the PS2/PS3 fanboys/girls are pure idiots. Glad I ain't part of the Sony movement.

Dangerous55
Nov 25, 2006, 01:13 PM
On 2006-11-25 02:37, VanDarkmind wrote:
Well, by reading this, just getting shot down because of having money, I'm glad I'm livin in Germany. Here, those things just never could happen, because we've just laws that are mostly preventing people from doin such stupid things http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif ....Killing people for money to buy a PS3..... how can anybody be that stupid?

Yeah, but the mass murder of 6 million people can happen there. So, all in all, I'm glad we got the guns.

Besides, murder is illegal here also, laws don't stop murder.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dangerous55 on 2006-11-25 10:16 ]</font>

CupOfCoffee
Nov 25, 2006, 01:27 PM
For the record, I don't think the gunmen were robbing people so that they could go buy a PS3. They just happened to realize that a large group of likely unarmed people each carrying $600 had lined themselves up outside of Best Buy like ducks in a row.

But yeah, PS3lol.