PDA

View Full Version : Playing for the sake of playing, and why some people seem to

Chii
Nov 21, 2006, 10:21 AM
As I mentioned in the topic, this post was not meant to be a rant. But instead a topic I wanted to create to voice my views and feelings on the subject.

I have created my post here, as Ive a feeling that someone or some people may try to turn this into a rant of some sorts. So Im just saving the moderators the trouble.

But this post was basically prompted by an occurance that happened yesterday while I was happily playing PSU. Id started a fight for food mission, level C. And had left it unlocked since most of the time people end up joining and there are some nifty things that come out of it. IE you get to know people, make friends etc.

But, even though I know its more efficient to run through it and just get to the boss area. I have the feeling that just running through the missions to get to the next part is what makes the boring for some people. And as a result when I play I like to take my time and go through the missions and cover every square inch of it. And even if it takes a few more minutes, for me at least it creates a fun experience, added to this the S rank while it doesnt give THAT much at the lower levels is still a fun thing to obtain that I strive for. (Im level 15, wooh >.>) But sometimes you get those people who seem to disregard this line of thought even if you make it expressly known.

And this is the case of what happened yesterday. I had reached the second block when higher level players joined. First, a level 40, followed on the heels by a level 28. And having a feeling of what was going on, I promply informed them in more or less words that I did not wish to rush through this mission. And they promised that I would loose nothing from it. In fact I didnt because of them.

But the problem arose because some other higher end players joined later on and proceeded to do exactly what I didnt want them to do. They made a bee-line through the mission and as a result left me without the chance to go through any of the map really and left me quite frustrated.

But what clearly drove the point home was after the mission, when I expressed my frustration about not being able to explore the mission or get the S rank. And the response I got was their confusion that I was upset that I lost on ~100 extra meseta or whatever the S rank reward is.

So I wonder, why do people feel the need to hijack another person's mission with the express purpose of terminating it early? I do not understand how doing this can provide any enjoyment for you. But instead I wonder if doing this is the reason why people seem to get so tired of the game at such a rapid pace.

I may edit this or respond, to comments said so keep in mind my views are not always said in concrete so input is welcome hehe.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 21, 2006, 02:00 PM
They're probably just trying to get to the next area quicker. I know I've joined a few games with that purpose; though at level 23 or so, I find I can usually just tear through a first tier, C-rank mission rather quickly by myself...

Still, if you're team leader and someone's not cooperating with you, then don't play nice with them. Give them the boot. You asked them not to just rip through it, and then they went ahead and did so. Give them a warning like, "Hey, slow down or I'm going to boot you," then if they don't heed the warning, then do it. That's what it's there for, after all.

Mystil
Nov 21, 2006, 05:23 PM
By spamming LL you can make 3,000m and gain about 5-6 levels and pick up a lot of materials. That's quite a lot for a '100 meseta 3MP' reward yes. Fight for Food C and the prequest is the fastest to tear through in all the missions. It's uber lazy to not just make your own and plow through it in record time. This trend(skipping rooms) though is slowly extending outwards to the missions that reap higher rewards...