PDA

View Full Version : PSU: What should i do?

Pe-es-oh
Nov 21, 2006, 11:02 AM
I am buying psu asap, but i have to make a decission about the platform i have to buy it for.

ps2: i got a ps2, it's 2nd hand so no network untill i phone SCEE.

PC: a 600 euro pc OR a little ram upgrade on this trash. (64mb video)

Mac: Good performace ensured but so is the high price. I've always wanted this and i actually already told myself i am going to buy this as next desktop computer.
Viritual pc nessesary.

I heard it lags on ps2, plus it lacks features, so that's why i am asking for advice.

Zabot
Nov 21, 2006, 11:05 AM
it doesnt work on mac i heard. and i dont know if they are releasing a copy for it so that leaves PC or PS2, and i would definately go with the PC version.

SpikeOtacon
Nov 21, 2006, 11:11 AM
On 2006-11-21 08:05, Zabot wrote:
it doesnt work on mac i heard. and i dont know if they are releasing a copy for it so that leaves PC or PS2, and i would definately go with the PC version.

It will work if you use Bootcamp to run an Windows XP installation. It's still in beta, though. The full product will be coming out this spring when the new Mac OSX launches. That said, the Macs have quite a bit of power behind them. I only voted it to tie the vote 1,1,1. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

To be honest, the best course of action would be the ps2 version since it would be the cheapest of your options. However, if you do want better graphical performance, you'd need a PC that would be able to handle it, and a decent Graphics Card. It all boils down to the question: "How much money are you willing to spend?"

Mio
Nov 21, 2006, 11:11 AM
I agree with Zabot, go with the PC version

Relam
Nov 21, 2006, 06:12 PM
Virtual PC won't play games if they require Direct X to run.

Flamingo99
Nov 21, 2006, 09:45 PM
I've been around macs my whole life, and I love them. If you get one of the new Intel macs, it is not "virutal pc," it boots windows as it would on a dell or hp computer. The mac os will not be in the background slowing down the computer. My friend has an Intel mac and plays Guildwars and Rise of Nations on it. I know Guildwars requires Direct x to run, so you should be fine there. They are rather costly, but this mac that I am using now has lasted over 6 years and is still in excellent condition.

If you do not plan on getting an Intel mac you will not be able to play this game. In that case go PC if your willing to spend some cash, and Ps2 if you want to save it. I play on the Ps2 and yes there definitely is slowdown, especially when there are more than 4 people in your party. It is playable, but I look at my bros PC (its ours, but he tends to hog it up), and there is such a vast difference is the lucidity and speed that the PC has over the Ps2, but the Ps2 is still playable (although it may be frustrating at times).

Hope this helps you.

AkiraXxx
Nov 21, 2006, 10:00 PM
600 euros? Lol how much is that american? Whats the specs on the comp? If its not highend PC dont bother, get it on the ps2, at least it will be big screen and playable.

Pe-es-oh
Nov 22, 2006, 11:36 AM
600 euro for a pc gets me an avarage pc. Not too good but pretty decent.

@Flamingo99: Thanks for pointing that out. I was aiming for a mac mini with the intel duo core processor. I need to figuere out if i can keep this monitor though. Because if the mini doesn't work with my old monitor (big one, not flat) i could get a imac instead. I'll have to play on ps2 till i got the cash for it though.

@AkiraXxx:

776.287 USD (oh, nice!)

edit:

Wow it's a tie! Well i guess i'll try it on my ps2 first and then get the pc version. (or not)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pe-es-oh on 2006-11-25 16:07 ]</font>