PDA

View Full Version : PSO3...

Nidramag
Nov 21, 2006, 10:01 PM
what's up w/ this game? i keep hearin it sucks...how do u feel about it?

RAGNAGELPPOD
Nov 22, 2006, 03:07 PM
I think its better than Pso.

I played Ep 3 before I tried episodes 1 and 2, and if anything, the previous instalments are lacking cards.

T0m
Nov 22, 2006, 04:14 PM
"Better than PSO"?
The name is Phantasy Star Online Episode 3. So no, it's neither better nor worse than PSO. It's a huge change from the other episodes though, in gameplay and pace. Liking any of the other episodes is no guarantee that you'd like this episode.

I definitely like it, though. ~_~
It's my favourite PSO yet, but like all of PSO's episodes, the fun doesn't last when playing alone.

Vorpal
Nov 22, 2006, 06:49 PM
I liked it more than PSO1&2, but just a little. It killed the grind, and it made it enjoyable to play.

Zelutos
Nov 23, 2006, 12:14 AM
I liked it a lot more than PSO.

Nidramag
Nov 23, 2006, 12:31 AM
oops, sorry! I meant PSO1&2

kurisu1974
Nov 24, 2006, 03:04 AM
I liked Ep3 a lot (only online though), until I got addicted to ep1&2 (again).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kurisu1974 on 2006-11-27 06:47 ]</font>

Ryna
Nov 29, 2006, 11:45 AM
The game was fun, but the lack of content updates killed much of the long-term interest in it.

Arislan
Nov 29, 2006, 11:50 PM
Hardcoding item (card) data... ::Sigh:: Nice one on that Sega, making the game completely static and unable to update past the pre-programmed cards. Fun game while I was collecting and building decks, but as Ryna said, it lacked updates, and that was its long term downfall.

Dead_Edd
Dec 5, 2006, 01:48 PM
its was good but often i found myself get ever tired of the card battles that went on abit too long. Pso 1&2 is my fav.

Scejntjynahl
Dec 6, 2006, 10:53 AM
Ryna preety much summed it up for me. Lack of updates doomed it.

Banish
Jan 8, 2007, 07:08 PM
PSO Episode 3 SUCKS!
Its a CARD GAME!

Arislan
Jan 8, 2007, 07:34 PM
Well, if that wasn't a completely useless comment.
Card games obviously don't suck. Texas Hold 'Em Poker, for example, is a card game. Tens of thousands of people play it daily. I'd venture to say you'd have a hard time telling them "it sucks".

Have you tried it? Have you looked at how the game mechanics work and integrate? Or do you just see "Magic", or "Yugi-oh" and write it off without taking a second look? Such close mindedness will allow you to miss out on many of the finer hidden things in life, and gaming.

Neith
Jan 9, 2007, 06:09 AM
PSO EpIII was/is awesome BECAUSE it's different. It took PSO, and threw in a totally different angle, which would appeal to both fans of PSO Ep1/2, and bring in new fans.

I really enjoyed the game, shame the community wasn't bigger, or I may have played online more.

DikkyRay
Jan 9, 2007, 08:40 AM
I think Banish just wasnt good at it, or he didnt have it at all.
Hes just jealous

Banish
Jan 10, 2007, 08:13 PM
DikkyRay, I am positively not jealous.

And I MIGHT try it out...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banish on 2007-01-11 15:13 ]</font>

radical_ryan
Mar 24, 2007, 09:24 AM
no way pso kills it

DikkyRay
Mar 24, 2007, 11:43 AM
wow. Way to bump a 2 month old topic. Even if this is ep3...
And you are way wrong

Joshie
Apr 12, 2007, 11:57 AM
It was not better than PSO but it still was a good idea for a game in itself. I enjoy still. I will go back to it when Blue Burst goes down.

Aqualic-EX
Apr 14, 2007, 01:27 PM
In my opinion it's a great game, and just like everyone else said, the fact that updating your card database etc was the only downside in my opinion, but however!

I see a lot of people make a link between ep I&II and ep III.

You simply can't do that.

Ep III is simply totally different from ep I&II. People that liek to play card games might like this, as long as they don't hate it to be dependable from dice (which I sometimes hate...!), and also people who just like PSO will like this. If you're more the ''real time action'' person, go for ep I&II. If you just like to use the weapons and/or items from these ''real time action'' games, but don't want to be in the fray real time, go with this. So of it as a random chess-type game, with cards and dice values.

AH, and cards can evolve, making it quite interesting to get a card for the 99th time, and then it start glowing, gets a 90% change of evolving, and there you have it: It won't evolve...! trust me, once you like playing this game, you'll be addicted not even 24 hours away. And if a card fails to evolve for you, you might even go play more and more, because maybe there is a card gonna evolve for you into the one thing you've always searched for...

Gaderffii
Apr 15, 2007, 05:14 PM
Is very good!

Zantra
Apr 16, 2007, 12:22 PM
I thought the character customization aspect is pointless, when all you do is wander around a space station, or a military base, with your avatar, speaking to people, and buying cards for other characters to use.

OnnaWren
Apr 17, 2007, 06:53 PM
Story ruled. Fate of the denizens of Pioneer II and what not. Hated the ending post-credits, though...

Dkzero23
Apr 18, 2007, 12:35 AM
PSO ep 1&2 was better in my opinion but ep3 was a fun and different break. That of course is when it was first released and there was alot of people playing online. Now that the servers are dead (cry) theres really no point to playing it. Like any pso game, including psu, if your not playing online your not really playing and it's a total bore. I used to play offline at my friends house and it was kinda fun but still not as cool as playing online.

Kaydin
May 5, 2007, 09:16 PM
The story was good, the gameplay was ok.
The main reason I didn't like the gameplay was because of the switch from Episode 1 and 2's gameplay to the cards. I was just kinda disappointed that they changed it.

It's worth a play through, at least.

Eleina
May 6, 2007, 08:31 AM
The game was ok without being exceptionnal

DikkyRay
May 6, 2007, 02:36 PM
why not give logical reasons instead of "ZOMG EP3 WAS TEH PWN"

Story was excellent. It was an actual story, unlike ep1 and 2.

Great graphics. Then again it was pso-ish. So graphics squared. Detailed areas, unlike PSU.

Gameplay was unique, but fun. Sure it was cards, but there are ALOT of card games out there that are fun. Hell, Baiten Kaitos (sp?) Is a card game. I am not hearing anyone say "ZOMG BAITEN KAITOS SUX ITS A CARD GAME!!!!1111"

Music, like PSO< was phenominal. Was worth hearing/playing to.

Online capabilities is where it shined. Online ep3 was awesome. While in ep1 and 2, it was harder to just sit back and talk in-game, ep3 was great in the fact taht you can actually be playing, and just talking with friends. Dont get me wrong, ep2 was great and all, but i had no keyboard, so if i was trying to say something, i would probably die (even though as many of my friends say, i am extremely fast) Ep3 i could be playing/talking at the same time no problem.

Now that the Servers are gone, ep3 kinda died for me. Coming from online back to offline was difficult. But if somehow he works it out, and ep3 gets online again....... i may take a looooooong break from PSU

Weeaboolits
May 7, 2007, 01:22 PM
I never got a chance to play online, but I loved ep3, the story was awesome, it had interesting characters, and it was fun to play. I still need to finish the Arkz story, though.

VanHalen
May 8, 2007, 09:47 PM
I like it better than Episode 2. It attracted me since this ad said "It's like Yu-Gi-Oh except its actually fun" which Yu-Gi-Oh isn't.

Sakuyarules
Jun 6, 2007, 07:06 PM
i bought it so that i could finish the story of ep 1&2, but got bored very quickly, because the card battles tended to be long and tedious, and were hard to get a good grade on. I want to play it again though, i been longing to play ep 1&2 and ep 3 so i can finally find out what happens in the story lol.