PDA

View Full Version : lol mech/machine gun. What a lame weapon.

etlitch
Nov 22, 2006, 04:32 PM
Seriously, you can make the PP for the GRM ones infinite by sacrificing 50% of its DOT.

I finished relic C 3 times using only a single 3* GRM machinegun without even needing to charge it once just for kicks. Took alot more time to complete it than normally but it was sort of fun. 27 dmg on Polahvra untill it dies while it was trying to rush through one of those pole thingies was hilarous.

panzer_unit
Nov 22, 2006, 04:43 PM
I just made a Magga Gat last night, I want to see if that extra ATA's useful for me in harder missions. I figured the lost PP capacity shouldn't be a big deal... Tenora models regenerate slower than GRM, but I think the difference is 12 vs 15 in this case, like still pretty good.

One thing I love the Gatling for though is helping hunters out against big monsters. Lay into them with a mechgun and they're twitching all over the place... it's gotta cut their speed to half or so. Killing a big guy can eat up most of the clip depending on how fast you're doing it, however.

Randomness
Nov 22, 2006, 04:54 PM
Mechs are fairly good, the issue is firing in bursts, instead of long volleys... But I have seen some fairly negative opinions, but then mechs sell well in my shop, too... I think they're slightly preferable to a handgun for rangers though.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 22, 2006, 07:18 PM
Meh they are better than a handgun, and that's all that matters. Shit that is COMPLETELY FUCKING RESISTANT TO ALL BULLET BASED STATUS AILMENTS needs a bit of melee, and if you have a good grinded mechgun then closing in with that before you dagger PA makes a difference.

Sometimes nothing else will work but melee. What goes in your other hand? A mechgun. They are good on figunners too, and on beast fighgunners particularly they are good for chasing behind shit firing because beast ATP actually makes them do good damage.

I've never been able to understand why the grinded mechgun/dagger combo is not more popular. Especially on those heading for fighgunner.

Sharkyland
Nov 22, 2006, 09:24 PM
It's a good tagging wpn http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif though it does increase your chance of criticals and misses. >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2006-11-22 18:24 ]</font>

-Crokar-
Nov 22, 2006, 09:47 PM
i never liked the machine gun. but its all on preferences.

RandomTask
Nov 23, 2006, 04:51 AM
Mechs are really good actually. I'm a level 39 human Ranger and my grinded mechs are doing around 70 per hit/ 100+ on critical @ say 5 hits per second or so = mechs rule. True, they are pretty useless for taking down the bigger baddies but for small baddies, you can rip em apart while setting them a blaze.
I say most just tried the crap mechs right away and called them trash without ever making and grinding some good stuff. They also get way better as you level up the bullets for them.

panzer_unit
Nov 23, 2006, 10:46 AM
Mechs are actually pretty good for fighting really big monsters... not for damage so much (though it may be no worse than any other gun either) but because the constant flinching basically puts them in slow motion, making it easier for you and your buddies to fight it without getting hurt. I've got a +3 Gatling for that: 750 PP to start + 15/tick spazzes monsters out for quite a while.

I'm using my Magga Gat for Paralysis spam on small creatures... less missing = git 'r done faster.

VanHalen
Nov 23, 2006, 09:33 PM
On 2006-11-22 16:18, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Meh they are better than a handgun, and that's all that matters. Shit that is COMPLETELY FUCKING RESISTANT TO ALL BULLET BASED STATUS AILMENTS needs a bit of melee, and if you have a good grinded mechgun then closing in with that before you dagger PA makes a difference.

Sometimes nothing else will work but melee. What goes in your other hand? A mechgun. They are good on figunners too, and on beast fighgunners particularly they are good for chasing behind shit firing because beast ATP actually makes them do good damage.

I've never been able to understand why the grinded mechgun/dagger combo is not more popular. Especially on those heading for fighgunner.

hey i used that combination in extra mode an hour ago with grinds very great combo

dizzygiant2k2
Nov 24, 2006, 04:22 AM
mech mechs are gangsta betta reconize