PDA

View Full Version : JP Games

whiteninja
Nov 22, 2006, 10:23 PM
So, I recently started to play on ST more... and I've run into a few problems with some JP players... Aparently, some of them don't want any US players in their games. ._.

One game I joined today... I came in, and using Word Select...
"Hello."
[They say "Hello." back.]
"Nice to meet you."
[Some Japanese text.]
"Please use Word Select. > Everybody"
["Understood."]
"Thank you."
"Cast Ryuker!"
["Sorry, I'm in the middle of a battle!"]
"OK."

Then I'm there, for about 5-7 minutes... Then the two appear out at the main warp, after beating a boss... All of a sudden, "I'm leaving now." and "I have to leave now."

And I'm alone. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Later that day, I didn't ask for Word Select when I joined a game... I just asked for a pipe right away, and they gave it. There were about 2 rooms of Forest left; we finished that up with no problem. When we got back to P2, then used the shops, I said "Should we go and get a quest first?"

Then they started talking in Japanese, and I couldn't understand what they were saying... After about a minute, I think they realized this... Then right at the same time, one of them said "sorry we dont quest" as the other said "JP ONLY!" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Being a bigot is bad, but the other guy lying about it is even worse...

This is the first time I've ever had any problems with this...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whiteninja on 2006-11-22 19:25 ]</font>

CM_vs_HP
Nov 22, 2006, 11:36 PM
who will care about this lol? in any case its normal.

for all the cheater that played on st server and for all the damage proxy user have done to them. yes its understandable to not want to play with an outsider.

1. when i dont know who i join , i usually use 3 WS in row and i never had problem before(except from retard). say (good evening) when you enter. being polite is the number 1 rule. tell them where you live. then say(shall i join you), if they agree i recommend you say (good to see you).

2. all the team name represent what they are doing, so its better to not tell them what to do . just get into their pipe or go at guild when the team is ready. try to memorize those team name also so you know where you going when you join.

3. dont go all out berserking non stop in their game.

theres always exception, some people dont like to play with people they cant talk with and this apply to all pso community. theres also an impressive number of japanese that can understand english.

conclusion: expect a lot of (JP only).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CM_vs_HP on 2006-11-22 22:38 ]</font>

whiteninja
Nov 24, 2006, 09:01 PM
Looking around the Word Select list... I think that different languages may have different choices. For example, I couldn't find any "Good evening." and I've seen JP players use something like "No thanks, I don't need it." which I also could not find.

Saying that I'm from the US does help get it over with from the start though... It seems that lower level characters are less likely to care too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I did so many runs of Forest today!

Another anecdote: After FSODing upon joining a game, I got my backups, then went to connect to "the other server." (Don't ask.) Well, the only game there was with 2 Japanese players too... I joined, and one of them spoke English too. After I got my backups out, he told me to come over so we could start the quest...

"Which quest?"
"MSB."

lol? :j

CM_vs_HP
Nov 25, 2006, 07:13 AM
On 2006-11-24 18:01, whiteninja wrote:
Looking around the Word Select list... I think that different languages may have different choices. For example, I couldn't find any "Good evening." and I've seen JP players use something like "No thanks, I don't need it." which I also could not find.

Saying that I'm from the US does help get it over with from the start though... It seems that lower level characters are less likely to care too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I did so many runs of Forest today!

Another anecdote: After FSODing upon joining a game, I got my backups, then went to connect to "the other server." (Don't ask.) Well, the only game there was with 2 Japanese players too... I joined, and one of them spoke English too. After I got my backups out, he told me to come over so we could start the quest...

"Which quest?"
"MSB."

lol? :j

(good evening) is in the greeting menu just above (see you l8ter) , and most of the WS have to be shortcuted because they can only be used in lobby or cmode etc...

dont compare those jp player to those still playing on st server and true to their belief. this topic is completely useless and serve no purpose. drop it plz theres nothing to talk about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CM_vs_HP on 2006-11-25 09:10 ]</font>

metatime
Nov 26, 2006, 12:30 PM
CM is right, the JP players on the other servers are different from the ones on ST.

Try to find games that looks US friendly like if the game title has a few english words in it. First thing I do is say hi in WS. Then ask ok? in english. Don't ask for them to use WS, they are either going to play with you or not. Normally I just either wait and they TP me or they TP me right away. I usually get a TP and we play a game. Stay with the team at all times, don't wonder off because they like playing in a team. After a stage is finish I normally say "Nice playing with you."

Also, unless you really have to say something, don't try talking. Just play the game when you are playing with them. =)

I personally never had problems playing with JP as long as I follow those rules in my 2 yrs playing there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2006-11-26 09:34 ]</font>

hyperacute
Nov 26, 2006, 07:00 PM
I remember playing a lot on the JP ships when I was still on the GC servers. Dunno if the US/EU players had been making a nuisance of themselves back then but there were a lot of "JP only" games around at the time. Thankfully, I was learning the language at the time so I set my language options to Japanese and used it as some much needed practise. Suffice to say I never had a problem getting a game...XD