PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: PC/PS2 shopkeepers.

Remedy
Nov 23, 2006, 01:19 PM
STAFFS, STARRAS, AND W'GASTAS ARE 800 MESETA IN THE FREAKING NPC SHOPS. STOP SELLING THEM IN YOUR STORE FOR 1000 MESETA, YOU IDIOTS.

This rant brought to you by the Forces Needing Pure Technic PMs Society of Guhral.

Pandatron
Nov 23, 2006, 01:22 PM
I second this notion though posting here will only effect it but so much i already under sell most of my stuff anywyaz xD.

Remedy
Nov 23, 2006, 01:23 PM
I know, I know, but I had to rant to someone. :<

Wallin
Nov 23, 2006, 01:23 PM
What in players shops is NOT overpriced at this point besides common healing items? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Remedy
Nov 23, 2006, 01:25 PM
Well, almost everything in my shop is 50-70% of NPC price for items that have one, and at what I consider a fair price for items that don't.

But hey, I have those things called "morals". http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Flamingo99
Nov 23, 2006, 01:29 PM
On 2006-11-23 10:25, Remedy wrote:
Well, almost everything in my shop is 50-70% of NPC price for items that have one, and at what I consider a fair price for items that don't.

But hey, I have those things called "morals". http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I wouldn't consider that moral... I call that being smart.

DeathKrow
Nov 30, 2006, 02:04 AM
ffxi players know how f'ed up the economy was, now why do we have to do the same with PSU?
Overpricing npc items!? wtf? why the hell would i buy a nanocarbon for 6k when i can simply walk my character into the synth shop and purchase it for 2500 meseta? And don't BS me with your friggin "cheap items" AD. stop f'kn up the economy and stop f'kn up the game!

*and another thing, the only reason i seach player shops is for cheaper items, not to see your precious 99999999 item. put that in your friggin storage!

ok thats enough of my bitching... so how about them red sox?

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 30, 2006, 02:05 AM
i left ffxi twice already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Zorafim
Nov 30, 2006, 02:10 AM
I can't leave FFXI behind me. I just, I just can't!

Garnet_Moon
Nov 30, 2006, 02:13 AM
My items are not overpriced!

20,000 to 25,000 for the following items...

Baybari x3
Twin Ripper x4
Dual Slasher x2
Halbert x1
Calibur x1

All are +4, and all have 20%+ in the more useful areas. The Earth Twin Rippers are priced a little lower because they are earth, and only 16%, but yeah...

Not overpriced. Totally not. >.>

DeathKrow
Nov 30, 2006, 02:20 AM
im sorry, yes some people choose not to be greedy, but very few.

nefarious
Nov 30, 2006, 02:24 AM
On 2006-11-29 23:04, DeathKrow wrote:
ffxi players know how f'ed up the economy was, now why do we have to do the same with PSU?
Overpricing npc items!? wtf? why the hell would i buy a nanocarbon for 6k when i can simply walk my character into the synth shop and purchase it for 2500 meseta? And don't BS me with your friggin "cheap items" AD. stop f'kn up the economy and stop f'kn up the game!

*and another thing, the only reason i seach player shops is for cheaper items, not to see your precious 99999999 item. put that in your friggin storage!

ok thats enough of my bitching... so how about them red sox?

Overpricing)
Agree.

99999999999999 items)
Personal Preference. Stops you from accidently doing anything with them, like selling them, or taking them out, or dropping t hem.

Some thoughts)
This practice will not ruin the economy. SEGA hurt PSU when they made you go from shop to shop to shop to shop to compair prices...

People decided to take advantage of this by putting high price tags on everything, and advertising cheap prices. New players and the ignorant go there thinking it's a "good deal", expecially the assholes who sell it for barely under NPC prices... just because they don't know better, and haven't been to more than a few shops.

Smart players will continue to shop around and be rewarded with more meseta left in thier inventory.

Dumb players... well, as they say "A fool and his money..."

The difference is, RMT activities caused FFXI's economy to become out of wack... Every MMO takes a while to stabalize, and it unbalances a bit every time new items are introduced.

And in PSU, thank fucking god.... RMT has no place! It's impossible to need help getting meseta....

If you charged 200,000 meseta for an A-rank Crea or w/e weapon... I could get that in a few days... AND level up at the same time... AND get extra/rare/useful items, on top of it all.....

In FFXI if you started with nothing, and a level 1 character... 200,000 is not only unobtainable, but it has LESS VALUE than 200,000 meseta... I'm not even joking. And a level 1 character could get 200,000 in a week if they wanted to.

This is not FFXI.

Nor will it's economy go the route of FFXI.

Expecially not with all players who play on PC/ps2 and 360, being on the same servers, there's no running from a bad rep, and it's possible to make a good rep.

Fin.

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 02:26 AM
it makes me wanna hack metsa and go around and buy all the items up for 9999999999999 mesta, so then I can be like HAHAHAHAAHAH BITCHES GOT YO PRECIOUS CREAS! and then vendor them.

DeathKrow
Nov 30, 2006, 02:27 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif nice! still...

how about them red sox eh?

industrial
Nov 30, 2006, 02:41 AM
The sox are signing some serious JP talent!

Weeaboolits
Nov 30, 2006, 03:16 AM
-_-' I hate baseball...
BTW, I'm so going to be sellin' synth mats for under NPC prices ^_^ if my offline progress is any indication I'll be sellin' harnium on the cheap!

Superguppie
Nov 30, 2006, 04:58 AM
I don't understand why people are complaining about overpricing. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. As is said, the NPC has it cheaper, so you get it at NPC. Oh, wait. You were expecting to get things cheaper than NPC? Well, as long as people keep paying prices higher than NPC in those shops, the shopkeepers are gonna keep putting their stuff up for those higher prices. Don't blame the shopkeepers, blame the shoppers.

Also, why on earth the reference to FFXI? Like that is the only game with a player-driven economy where players misbehave.
Quit FFXI? No way. I am not done with that game by a long shot. And because of my taste, PSU is good but no match for FFXI. Your post misses the point you are trying to make.

Sev
Nov 30, 2006, 05:08 AM
On 2006-11-30 01:58, Superguppie wrote:
I don't understand why people are complaining about overpricing. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. As is said, the NPC has it cheaper, so you get it at NPC. Oh, wait. You were expecting to get things cheaper than NPC? Well, as long as people keep paying prices higher than NPC in those shops, the shopkeepers are gonna keep putting their stuff up for those higher prices. Don't blame the shopkeepers, blame the shoppers.

Also, why on earth the reference to FFXI? Like that is the only game with a player-driven economy where players misbehave.
Quit FFXI? No way. I am not done with that game by a long shot. And because of my taste, PSU is good but no match for FFXI. Your post misses the point you are trying to make.

He points out FFXI from previous experience I'd assume.

And the reason people complain, is simply because it wastes time. When you search for one item, go through 30 Player Shops, and then walk to the Synthesis Shop because for the most part the items were overpriced. Something is wrong.

lordzanon
Nov 30, 2006, 05:59 AM
i once mixed a red sox with ym white sox, wasnt pretty.

and please keep the fxi civil, or youll hear my diabolical hatred to it.

Mystil
Nov 30, 2006, 08:16 AM
On 2006-11-29 23:05, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
i left ffxi twice already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

6 times for me.

Ronzeru
Nov 30, 2006, 09:03 AM
I also left FFXI twice, but I've gotten to far into it to completely quit it 100% =/. Especially that i'm getting fun outta fighting Sea Gods =D.