PDA

View Full Version : Muffin's generic hacking rant (venting)

Muffin
Nov 23, 2006, 02:08 PM
Many people are duping meseta and items and all sorts of other hacks and doing them online. Why isn't Sega doing anything about this? This is the ONLY online RPG I've ever played that just sits back and tolerates this. I don't care what mindless Sega supporters say - when anyone can go into a lobby at any random time of the day and find the same hacker dorks flagrantly bragging about the hacks they continue to do and are allowed to do so, someone isn't doing their job.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter how good or bad a game might be. If hacking, especially item hacking/duping, is prevalent in the game then it completely ruins everything. Even if you want to "just ignore it" it still doesn't solve the problem, because your assumedly-legit friends will still unknowingly be recieving duped items and money that has been dumped into the economy whenever they make a trade. And yeah, that's a real nice way to play an online game by the way...tucked into a little corner and attempting to avoid the entire community. That's really how I want to spend my time and pay $10 each month for.

I want to blame the hackers, but really its Sega's fault for their frustrating and stupid lack of ability to stop it. If it was me in charge I would be banning these morons (EVERYONE KNOWS WHO THEY ARE) every single time their faces appear. People are only going to buy them new accounts so many times. Squash the ants until they go away! But oh no, we can't have that. We have to wait until PROOF surfaces that they're hacking. And when they get the proof and ban them then avoid the ban and come back...lets wait until the same proof that has already been shown of what they did show again? What sort of stupid logic is that?! The proof is already shown, that's why they were BANNED IN THE FIRST PLACE. You dont need to wait until it shows AGAIN. Ugh!!

*sigh* Muffins am sad now. :< I was looking forward to this game for *so* long and now its finally come out and I spent the money I got for my birthday to get it...and in record time its ruined just like PSO and Blue Burst.

I'm gunna cancel my account and wait like a fool for Sega to get things together (yeah right) until it expires. After that I guess I'll just go back to playing Alterac Valley with my brother for the 5 millionth time and pretend I'm not totally bored. -.-;

Purun~~

Eternal_Drake
Nov 23, 2006, 02:09 PM
Move to http://pso-world.com/viewforum.php?forum=11

peenk
Nov 23, 2006, 02:12 PM
You gotta be kidding me!
Hacks are a blessing!
In no fucking way is it interesting to grind missions just to feed your PM but with messeta dupes you can do so in few hours AND have the best equipment too!
Yeah!!111111111111 people learned nothing from PSO GC Yapeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! I am certainly am not surprised by this development!

etlitch
Nov 23, 2006, 02:14 PM
Sega has already earned enough money from just selling this game in the first place, would'nt matter much if the network version got closed.

Yeah, they're slow with this kind if problems - just like most online games where the original version and it's developers+updaters are located in anothe country.

AFAIK something is being done, just not enough.

Merumeru
Nov 23, 2006, 02:18 PM
XD yah it sucks, o well, guess were just gunna be stuck looking for legit players again

satoshi109
Nov 23, 2006, 02:28 PM
I completly agree, this could totaly ruin the game, and it probably already has to be honest. we're looking at something thats gone on too long for them to roll back without legit players losing tons of work now... I'm not really sure what Sega should do, but getting rid of the hackers now needs to happen - its rediculious that we're still basicaly at the starting line of this game and they're giving up already.
Chiyo-

Brian777
Nov 23, 2006, 02:47 PM
i feel half and half about this. i currently play PSU totally legit, and enjoy it. However i was one of the first to hack PSO on the DC. Back then, every little kid online didnt have a gameshark or xploder lol and honestly it was fun.

Sega should take care of malicious hacking, like if CKing ever made a come-back, but just duping money and items isnt a huge deal to me. "OMG i got a duped item! ITS NOT THE SAME!!1!1"

either way, i'm sure sega will take care of any major happenings, i don't see why so many people freak over duped items and/or meseta.

BloodDragoon
Nov 23, 2006, 03:19 PM
duping things is a huge deal when said game actually has a player based economy. Just look what gilsellers in FFXI did to the economy last xmas.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 23, 2006, 03:26 PM
I bought the 180 days deal. So hackers or not I am stuck with PSU for a long time lol.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 23, 2006, 03:27 PM
Even though Im going with the monthly payment, Im with you all the way Kite^^

Tyfreaky
Dec 3, 2006, 04:41 PM
Wait there is duping already? Great http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif