PDA

View Full Version : How high should the dex stat on a mag be for a Ranger?

Soul_Hollow
Nov 21, 2002, 06:14 PM
Hi. My Ranger is in the process of raising a mag, and I wish to know how much I should put in dex before I start pumping power.

VulpesMundi
Nov 21, 2002, 06:46 PM
That really depends on your intentions. How quickly do you intend to use higher power guns? If sooner I recommend around 40 DEX (+20 ATA). If later, don't even bother with DEX. Keep in mind that you can find (or transfer) more MAGs later. You can make the first one with higher DEX and others for later with less DEX once you've gained enough ATA on your own (either by levels or armor units).

Also if you're considering making a E1&2 level 100+ evolution MAG then depending on which you choose you might need a fairly high DEX score anyway. I personally find DEF to be a wasted stat and never give a MAG more than 10 anymore. View the site MAG guides if you need more information and ask around if you have more questions.

Soul_Hollow
Nov 21, 2002, 10:41 PM
hmm... I plan to use a guilty light rather soon... how much dex should I put into my mag for it?

VulpesMundi
Nov 21, 2002, 11:25 PM
Again, it simply depends on what you intend to use it for. If you want a gun NOW, give it as much DEX as it needs. If you can wait for a little while, spread the stats around a bit. It may also depend on how your character gains ATA. Rangers gain ATA at a rate of approximately 0.75 per level (3 ATA every 4 levels), whereas Hunters and Forces gain ATA at a rate of approximately 0.5 per level (1 ATA every 2 levels). RAs obviously gain ATA faster. In 20 levels a RA will have gained 15 ATA while a HU or FO only 10. Use that knowledge and develop a plan that works for you.

Sedric
Nov 21, 2002, 11:54 PM
I agree, but I recommend to have at least one mag with high enough dex.... I heard there are NO Hit Materials, so it's limited on raising compared to other major stats. Besides, DEX seems to be very important in Ep 1&2, so if you ask me, having a high dex mag (not an all DEX mag) wouldn't be a bad idea. Besides, you're a RA so I think you may really need it.