PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Nugz buying a me/quick for 1mil meseta

imfanboy
Nov 26, 2006, 04:17 AM
Seriously. I've got his number in the chat logs - I'm reporting his ass and hopefully he'll get busted bad - but he BOUGHT a me/quick that someone had up for 999,999 meseta.

It had to be a hack. NO ONE has that much meseta. No one could. Not legitly.

Oh, for fucks' sake. Can't ANYTHING prevent shit like this from happening? If right now it's only one or two guys who can instantly make meseta, in six months they'll tell their best friends, and those friends will tell THEIR best friends, and then no more meseta selling for items.

Is the meseta hack found on the jp servers? GAH! I'm really, really, really not happy with this in the slightest. I am, in fact, really racked off.

The only reason I was in there in the first place is because I randomly searched Me/Quick. It was in Asami's store, at around 12:30 AM. I'd feel more sympathy towards Asami, but she only had it in the store to tempt suckers in - she got just what she deserved. If anyone deserves hackers, that is.

But I love the idea that I was just in the right place at the right time to give Nugz a kick in the balls.

KojiroAK
Nov 26, 2006, 04:32 AM
On 2006-11-26 01:17, imfanboy wrote:

Oh, for fucks' sake. Can't ANYTHING prevent shit like this from happening?

Well the most cheating avoiding stuff would be, to run the entire Game on to server and only the graphics are showed in to client and he only does send commands.

But that would need big fat servers with big fat I-net connections.

And still wouldn't be a 100% sure thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2006-11-26 01:33 ]</font>

LeonFlowenX
Nov 26, 2006, 05:37 AM
Hacking is hacking because...
Its hacking...

But anyway...

Nugz has been banned several times now. However, he has found ways to come back (im talking more than once). If they DO do anything because of your report, he will just come back... your really wasting your time...
But yea the whole meseta thing... a hack. Not a public hack but still a hack.

If anyone else cares to know the current and upcoming state of PSU; Nugz is now working on an invisibility hack. I think he was planning on testing that today...

Still nothing harmful though... thankfully.

imfanboy
Nov 26, 2006, 06:00 AM
I know - I was just sobbing a little bit.

Seeing him there right in front of me just really shook me. I mean, I knew intellectually that the people who ruined PSO would be working to ruin PSU, but still... it makes me so mad even THINKING about it.

They really did think they were doing the best thing. Isn't that weird? They just don't get it. They don't get it at all.

And yeah, I know that as long as there are games out there, there will be cheaters - just a month ago, I caught a guy using loaded dice during a game of Warhammer 40k (a tabletop wargame).

Fortunately, I caught Nugz's ass this time, and he'll hopefully get thrown out again, which means a brief delay until he gets back online, and then gets caught again, and then gets thrown out again...

But it DOES mean that the problems are online. And apparently, that there's a way to exploit it - even if the meseta is only created for a moment, that moment is long enough to trick a PM in to letting you buy something. While i may intellectually enjoy the idea of putting one over on those jerkoffs who price something at 999999 just to draw you in when you're actually LOOKING for something, the reality is that is not the right thing to do.

MorbidLilim
Nov 26, 2006, 06:19 AM
I don't know whether they think they are doing the right thing or not, since you can't really believe anything they say. I know from the lead-in in one of Broomop's retarded videos that he has some delusion that Sega will eventually hire him to report problems in PSU (why they would pay someone to do something they are already doing for free is beyond me).

Their logic says that the people who flew planes into the World Trade Center are heroes because they exposed problems in security. No they aren't; they're assholes, and so are you. Exploiting weaknesses doesn't make you a hero, it makes you an asshole.

It seems to me that they all (obviously) suffer from a number of personality disorders, chiefly NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder).

From Wikipedia:

At least five of the following are necessary for a diagnosis:

1. has a grandiose sense of self-importance
2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3. believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by other special people
4. requires excessive admiration
5. strong sense of entitlement
6. takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
7. lacks empathy
8. is often envious or believes others are envious of him or her
9. arrogant affect.

KojiroAK
Nov 26, 2006, 06:42 AM
On 2006-11-26 03:19, MorbidLilim wrote:
I know from the lead-in in one of Broomop's retarded videos that he has some delusion that Sega will eventually hire him to report problems in PSU (why they would pay someone to do something they are already doing for free is beyond me).

It wouldn't be even that bad if they would.
Why?

1.He would do it already before the Game is released.
2.Even if there where problems left after the release
he would be able to close it.

But the todays Game publishers won't spend this extra bucks in testing, they like more to release games and then Patch it.
Actually that what you get today on PC at gold was long time at consoles Beta.
But that will change if consoles get big enough hard drives.
(what really concerns me)

imfanboy
Nov 26, 2006, 02:39 PM
Truthfully, it'll never happen for Broomop.

Why? Because I know how it happens - my aunt got hired as a GM for Everquest, and now she runs the GM department for FF11. They HATE cheaters. Despise them. And would never, ever, ever hire them.

They look for players who enjoy playing the game legitly, that always help other players, and moreover share their attitude that cheating is a thing to be stamped out wherever possible.

It doesn't matter what he wants: What matters is that how he does it has forever closed any chance of him getting a job at ST, and now all he has left is bitterness and denial and, well, as much revenge as his puny ability is capable of.

And here's the funny thing: Even if Broomop wrecks the in-game economy, even if he makes it so that people can dupe items, he can never, EVER actually do to PSU what he did to PSO: make it possible to lose characters and weapons as long as things are saved server-side. We can always just play and trade with people we can trust.

As long as I can't lose my character to some punk kid kicking us out of a lobby, I'll still sneer at him with the Sneer smiley.

(not that I ever really worried about it on PSO - I always backed up my characters - but just the fact that I had to resort to CHEATING TOO simply to protect myself really pissed me off.)

T0m
Nov 26, 2006, 03:28 PM
I'm questioning the necessity of speculating about a hacker's emotional makeup. I'm sure that going along on this path leads to an abundance of flames, or an exchange of insults.
Let's try and keep this topic free of those. ~_~

MorbidLilim
Nov 26, 2006, 03:43 PM
Well, these people do wear their hearts on their sleeves, so not a whole lot of speculation is necessary.

But as far as getting a job for being able to expose and exploit weaknesses in the game's infrastructure, it's simply never going to happen. Sega would probably be much better off with the $20,000 they could get from a lawsuit.

RubyEclipse
Nov 26, 2006, 03:58 PM
One million meseta isn't actually unheard of. Considering the source, though, you were probably right to send in the report.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 26, 2006, 04:00 PM
Also considering hes lv11 and gets banned every 2 or 3 days. and still has 2 mil on him which I just saw in the lobby.

imfanboy
Nov 26, 2006, 08:48 PM
As long as he gets banned every 2 or 3 days and has to struggle to level up, I will continue to laugh at him. I've come to terms with his existance on PSU now; it was just a shock suddenly seeing him.

Anyway, this topic is actually about over; I just wanted to say that I saw him and reported him - and actually, he might not have gotten banned YET Maka. Consider that it is a Sunday night. Even GMs need a night off. ^_^ They can't LIVE at the game like us.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2006-11-26 17:50 ]</font>

ethanhawkeye
Nov 26, 2006, 10:32 PM
On 2006-11-26 01:17, imfanboy wrote:

The only reason I was in there in the first place is because I randomly searched Me/Quick. It was in Asami's store, at around 12:30 AM. I'd feel more sympathy towards Asami, but she only had it in the store to tempt suckers in - she got just what she deserved. If anyone deserves hackers, that is.

I know Asami, a nice person btw. That was her 2nd me/quick. She wasn't trying to sucker ppl to get into her shop, she was really trying to sell it. Some other guy, i think it was Yashua had it for 1.4m, so she probably tried to undercut him by putting it at 1m. Supposedly one sold for 2m and 5m previously. . . i've seen ppl running around with 1-2m. . . but 5m? yeah, i hate hackers =/

asdf
Nov 26, 2006, 11:48 PM
i seen someone get to level 50 in one kill today.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 27, 2006, 02:10 AM
On 2006-11-26 17:48, imfanboy wrote:
As long as he gets banned every 2 or 3 days and has to struggle to level up, I will continue to laugh at him. I've come to terms with his existance on PSU now; it was just a shock suddenly seeing him.

Anyway, this topic is actually about over; I just wanted to say that I saw him and reported him - and actually, he might not have gotten banned YET Maka. Consider that it is a Sunday night. Even GMs need a night off. ^_^ They can't LIVE at the game like us.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2006-11-26 17:50 ]</font>

Thing is he doesnt really care about leveling up, Just hacking.

Nedeti
Nov 27, 2006, 09:59 AM
On 2006-11-26 17:48, imfanboy wrote:

Dude, he can make a quick level up hack, one kill and Lv50... lol

Besides in anyway possible you loose and he wins. I pass most of my time just chating and going around the game... only do runs when online buds are on.

>_> 80hours of chilling in game.

silvanas
Dec 2, 2006, 06:17 PM
they can ban his xbox 360 account cant they? like ask microsoft to not let him get a guardian licence or something cant they?

MaKaVeLi_X
Dec 2, 2006, 06:24 PM
Hes not on 360 so you dont have to worry

AkiraXxx
Dec 2, 2006, 07:03 PM
Sad thing is once the rares and S weapons come out, none of us are going to be able to buy any of the materials from shops, cause nugs and broomop will be buying everything up no matter how much it cost.

Randomness
Dec 2, 2006, 07:11 PM
On 2006-11-26 20:48, asdf wrote:
i seen someone get to level 50 in one kill today.

From what level?

Garnet_Moon
Dec 5, 2006, 02:45 AM
I'll gladly put a Me/Quick in my shop for 5,000,000 if Nugz will buy it. Legit or not, I don't care. lol

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 5, 2006, 04:25 AM
On 2006-12-04 23:45, Garnet_Moon wrote:
I'll gladly put a Me/Quick in my shop for 5,000,000 if Nugz will buy it. Legit or not, I don't care. lol

But what if the money doesnt go into your storage account and your Me/Quick just disappears? Happened to people already, I wouldnt want it to happen to you either.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 5, 2006, 12:09 PM
On 2006-12-05 01:25, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

On 2006-12-04 23:45, Garnet_Moon wrote:

But what if the money doesnt go into your storage account and your Me/Quick just disappears? Happened to people already, I wouldnt want it to happen to you either.

Well if I ever got a Me/Quick i'd vendor it and put the video of my doing said act on youtube. That'll really piss some forces off. >:3

Pandatron
Dec 5, 2006, 01:29 PM
With an item that rare and the uncertainity of it's price your better off taking offers on it rather than sticking it in your vend at the price you think people will buy it at. Like mentioned before if you search for them there's not too many so many so its a berry picking farm for hackers.