PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday: Who went shoping?

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 27, 2006, 05:55 AM
Its come and gone, I really didnt have money to spend but I used my credit card and got somthing I legitimatly needed, some new speakers.

And man did I get some new speakers.

Best Buy had the Klipsch Quintet 3's for 1/2 off and the 10" Klipch Powered sub for 1/2 off also.

normally 500$ for the speakers and 400 for the sub, my grand total was like 480$ for both after taxes.

I hooked these babies up to my 540w Dolby reciever and its like being in the freakin movie theater with everything I watch or play.

They had alot of great deals this year, heck the 50" LCD was like 1500$ off instanly for 5am to noon or somthing I was there at 5am when they opened and there was still like 300+ people in line, I managed to skip 99.9% of the line by kinda running in as the crowed started moving, I couldnt even walk thru the store it was so crazy.

I made it there, got my items and back home in just over an hour, the most painless black friday experience you could ask for.

So who else went and what did you get??

Kent
Nov 27, 2006, 07:33 AM
If camping the Wii spawn at EB Games for two and a half hours before they opened (and being first in line) counts, then yes, I went shopping and got a Wii.

RoninJoku
Nov 27, 2006, 01:02 PM
heheh... the Wii spawn :3

No, I didn't go shopping on black friday. But I WAS working in retail. I personally can't stand shopping when there is a crowd, but I dare say it would have been nice to be on the other end.

Midicronica
Nov 27, 2006, 05:59 PM
I didn't, I don't have a dollar to my name. =(

I really need to get a job..

Jehosaphaty
Nov 27, 2006, 10:40 PM
Black Friday is on holiday status in my house. I'm fairly sure my sister would miss her own wedding to go shopping. I personally avoided it by sitting in a deer stand all morning: peace and quiet is way better than nutters shopping.

Skett
Nov 28, 2006, 01:17 AM
I didn't. One thing I don't like doing it getting pushed around by people trying to save a buck on underware or something, although Black Friday is good for killing anger. It's the only day of the year that gives you a legit excuse for pushing and elbowing people in stores.

Splash
Nov 28, 2006, 01:57 AM
If you mean shopping as in "buying", then no. If you mean just going to stores and looking at stuff, then yes. That is what I did.

Blitzkommando
Nov 28, 2006, 04:58 AM
I was out most of Black Friday with my father spending most of the time oogling over the newest electronic gizmos. In the end I got nothing and he got a 500GB harddrive for $140. I did get to see a Zune player finally and it convinced me that I will get one as a replacement for my Ipod, I'm just not sure when that will happen.

Firocket1690
Nov 28, 2006, 06:39 AM
Hmmm.

The best buy circular said they had Western Digital's external 250gb My Book (hard drive) for $79.99. I checked three stores, and they all sold out. o_O;
Went home with nothing. Well. I had some (overpriced) ice cream apple pie for my condolences.

@Norvekh: I honestly cconsidered a Zune, despite the 30gb less than my current ipod, but eventually decided against it. The main reason, 'the social' is quite limited, apparantly. Doesn't play rss feeds from podcasts, nor does it.. Well. It plays transfer files, just with a limited license to prevent 'piracy' but rather, let your friend have previews for a while. I'm not sure if it'll autodelete the files after the three plays/days are up. Well, lastly, I've also heard rumors the software is buggy, but being two weeks old, and software still at ver. 1.0.

And I quoth Wiki: "Tracks received from another person can be played for up to three days or three plays, whichever comes first ... Not all songs are eligible for sharing – record companies can flag songs from the Zune Marketplace as "non-distributable."

-Ryuki-
Nov 28, 2006, 08:23 AM
Speaking of Wii, I was SUPPOSED to have one since Black Friday, but customers somehow cheated the system, and the Wii that my boss never told anyone of, was forced to be sold.

I hate customers like that. By the way, I work at EB Games.

nick5k
Nov 28, 2006, 12:37 PM
i worked on black friday. it was pretty crazy, and people didnt understand that some of the sales were only untill noon

-Ryuki-
Nov 28, 2006, 03:26 PM
Some people also didn't know of the sale that was from 7AM-11AM.