PDA

View Full Version : unbelievable

Jehosaphaty
Nov 27, 2006, 09:55 PM
I hate making two rants in like a week's timeframe, but I got royally screwballed today:

Long story not so short is that I left for my college break a couple days early and now my coach is being a douche about it. We technically got out for break after classes on the 21st, but I don't have class on Tuesdays and I decided to skip my Monday classes so I could go home the Friday before. Let me preface this by saying I haven't been home for over three months because of football, and I reasoned that skipping one day of classes to get an extra four at home was more than due to me.

Well I guess I was wrong. Before I left I gave my profs on Monday about a week's notice to let them know that I wouldn't be there, and they didn't have a problem with me leaving in the least. One of them actually thought that I was smart by getting an extra four days. We're in off-season right now, and so I let my coach know I'd miss Monday's workout and that I'd be more than happy to make it up early or later. He pitched a big fit like a little girl, but finally gave me permission.

I thought I was out of the woods, but boy was I wrong. Today my coach informs myself and a few other people who skipped Monday's classes that we would be having a 6:30 conditioning workout tomorrow morning for our little acts of rebellion. O hell no.

You gave me permission to go, and I even made sure my profs knew I was leaving, and now you're going to try and make me the bad guy here? Screw you. You won't even hear me out when I explain that we talked; instead you lump me with all the guys who just got up and left before break and didn't bother to talk to you. What the hell is with that? You tell us that we need in hard copy permission from our profs that it was okay for us to leave?! This is college you dumbass, I can miss class whenever I want. So tonight I have to scramble to email my profs to tell you that I was on the level for leaving.

Biggest prick I've ever met in my entire life, and now I have to go and see the athletic director tomorrow to get this all cleaned up, because I haven't done anything wrong in this situation, and I refuse to give you the pleasure of your little powertrip you prick.

Regardless, the extra four days were most definately worth a little bit of running; but when you question my integrity in a situation like this, I will fight.

MaximusLight
Nov 27, 2006, 11:04 PM
He should be fired..

Daikarin
Nov 28, 2006, 08:48 AM
He's irresponsible. Speak your mind with the director - Against facts there can be no arguments.

Jehosaphaty
Nov 28, 2006, 07:11 PM
On 2006-11-28 05:48, Daikarin wrote:
He's irresponsible. Speak your mind with the director - Against facts there can be no arguments.

And speaking of facts I received an email from my advisor today stating that the uni doesn't have any policies stating that teachers can't excuse students from class. It's their class, they can do whatever they want as long as it's not outside of school policy. I hate being lied to.