PDA

View Full Version : Jazz

Kyleto
Nov 27, 2006, 11:06 PM
Just wonderin if anyone who plays PSO has a taste for jazz and wat thier favorite artists are mines herbie hancock

Moo2u
Nov 28, 2006, 01:44 AM
I'm in love with all types of music, as long as it's done well, so I've listened, and played my share of jazz. There's so many different kinds of jazz music, but deffinitly Herbie Hancock is amazing. I like Charlie Parker, Dave Brubeck, Louis Armstrong, Billie Holiday, Vince Guaraldi Trio (good grift Charlie Brown!) Oliver Jones, Squirrel Nut Zippers, The Shuffle Demons (saw them live, these guys are CRAZY!!) Django Reinhardt, The Brian Setzer Orchestra, The Seatbelts (you know, the guys that do the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack?) Béla Fleck & The Flecktones, aaaannnddd...there's probably more, but I can't think right now. That should be enough, right?

DizzyDi
Nov 28, 2006, 10:03 AM
I love Jazz.
I pretty much like all the classic, big name folks.
Billie Holiday, Miles Davis, SATCHMO, Vincue Guaraldi Trio, John Coltrane...Ya know, cats like them.

Kevino
Nov 28, 2006, 10:15 AM
JAZZ YOU SAY!!! HORAY THERES A COMMUNITY OF JAZZERS HERE... well i knew moo2 was but thats it. Victor wooten is alittle jazz but most ly funk. Coltrane, davis, Gordon Goodwin, Buddy rich, Metheny, all good stuff good stuff. most of my cd's are jazz. and i play saxomophone! and bass so im a big jazz person. go me!

FIDELCASTRO
Dec 1, 2006, 06:33 PM
swing and latin jazz are the only kinds i like. fusion too/

Herbie of course
Brian Setzer Orchestra
Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Big Bad Voodoo Daddies

my personal faves