PDA

View Full Version : Giresta

Pentence
Nov 28, 2006, 04:51 AM
Does Giresta work like the scapes for purpose of ranking?
IE:it dosent count against your rank

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pentence on 2006-11-28 03:13 ]</font>

Dihnekis
Nov 28, 2006, 04:54 AM
What is giresta?

Blu_Swade
Nov 28, 2006, 05:04 AM
On 2006-11-28 01:54, Dihnekis wrote:
What is giresta?

it's like pso Reverser and resta combined, i think, it may have a FF regen-esque ability tagged on, I'm not sure, I'ven't ever had it not fully restore hp in one shot, but the info box seems to imply this...

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 28, 2006, 05:29 AM
We don't have giresta yet...

Kent
Nov 28, 2006, 07:28 AM
Giresta will revive any incapacitated players in the AOE, and any characters still alive will get a regeneration effect. From my understanding, though, Scape Dolls are the only thing that negate a death penalty.

Zarbolord
Nov 28, 2006, 07:31 AM
It looks very good tho http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Saves you from learning two spells, by just having that one. Or is resta better at healing?

Kent
Nov 28, 2006, 07:38 AM
The difference between Resta and Giresta is basically like the difference between a Cure spell and a Regen spell.

Giresta does smaller bits of healing over time, whereas Resta does one huge chunk of it.

mechatra
Nov 28, 2006, 07:50 AM
Actually Giresta heals in one go aswell AND leaves a hp regen effect, aswell as reviving.

Only downside is its hella expensive PP wise in comparison to Resta

MayLee
Nov 28, 2006, 11:14 AM
Must have Gresta. SWounds like it'll be expensive to handle.

Zarbolord
Nov 28, 2006, 11:17 AM
But worth it - add the spell boost, gigrants and another light spell and you have the best light rod ever!

ZiG
Nov 28, 2006, 11:19 AM
If giresta revives, I would assume it works like a Moon Atomizer for purposes of saving rank (to answer the actual question, since everyone else hijacked the topic)... So no, it won't save your rank.

MayLee
Nov 28, 2006, 11:20 AM
Yeah, that would be kinda cheap..

Sychosis
Nov 28, 2006, 11:29 AM
If Giresta's regen has a long duration, prepare for a whole new wave of healing complaints.

HU: Heal pl0x
FO: You have Giresta, stop attacking and regen
HU: But I want to kill things now!
FO: Then use a mate.
HU: They cost too much.
FO: Then shut up and regen.
RA: IMMA CHARGIN' MAH LAZER!

::Skip to PSOW forums::
POLL: Are Forces who only use Giresta not doing their jobs?

Zarbolord
Nov 28, 2006, 11:30 AM
>>

MayLee
Nov 28, 2006, 11:49 AM
On 2006-11-28 08:29, Sychosis wrote:
If Giresta's regen has a long duration, prepare for a whole new wave of healing complaints.

You words have touched my heart and it tickles me so.

Zarbolord
Nov 28, 2006, 11:50 AM
Not to underestimate thyne expectations, but I do not understand why forces are seen as healers, ban the resta! Keep it for yourselves Force!!!

Remedy
Nov 28, 2006, 11:52 AM
Because we're the only class (currently) WITH Resta? Because, at our core, we are a support class that now has a good damage capacity as well? Because that is our role in a party (Forces to heal and damage, Hunters to damage and tank, Rangers to damage and deal status effects)?

Forces who don't heal embarrass and shame our class as a whole.

Zarbolord
Nov 28, 2006, 11:57 AM
Foierces don't heal >.>
Barces don't heal either.. and so on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif sorry, you don't know what I'm speaking about do you? character elemental separations, just thought it would come up and it probably is http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Did I just lie or not? Who knows!!!!!!

-Crokar-
Nov 28, 2006, 12:03 PM
i for one dont really care if a force heals me or not. because im not stupid enough to let my life depend on another person. if im going to die im gonna use a mate. im sick of this crap about forces need to heal and support. sure most people will whine and complain if a force isnt a support force. but seriously, are you gonna just sit there and die if the force dont heal you? no your gonna heal yourself to save the missin rank. so why do people complain. because its a force's job? maybe it is, maybe it isnt. i for one like nuke forces. forces that use powerful spells to destroy the enemy as fast as possible. not some force who just tags everything then runs around having to worry about noob ass hunters who dont know what the work "evade" means.

Zarbolord
Nov 28, 2006, 12:04 PM
That's the spirit!!!!

MayLee
Nov 28, 2006, 12:06 PM
Crokar: Brava! Brava! I bow to thee. I and a lot of people were trying to explain that to everyone who doesn't bleive that..

I ain't sittin' here to babysit, dammit!.

Whoah..I just had a moment there..

AngelLight
Nov 28, 2006, 01:51 PM
I think we can all agree that a force should use all of their abilities and not just be a "Healbot" or a "Blitzkreig Battle Mage".

Anyone trying to tell someone else playing a force how to play (as long as that person is doing both healing and solid damage dealing)...especially if the complainer is playing badly themselves... should be shot.....many times.

...but since you can't do that, I'd say boot them or go find a party who will truly appreciate the full power that is the Force. Forces are in demand, if one party starts complaining, leave them and let them suffer without your abilities.

Gazette
Nov 28, 2006, 01:57 PM
The revival portion of Giresta is rendered useless when all people keep the Die=Kick mentality.

Can't wait to see all the Hunters bitch and moan for their regen.
And I can't wait to see all the Forces get defensive about it.

Oh jeez.

Shadow_Wing
Nov 28, 2006, 02:11 PM
Us Rangers will just sit in our corner saying IMMA CHARGIN' MAH LAZER! unless of course you're a reject Ra that isn't a cast XD.

AngelLight
Nov 28, 2006, 02:21 PM
Remind me to pull your plug out while you're recharging at night http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shadow_Wing
Nov 28, 2006, 02:37 PM
nuuuu ; ; *cowers from AngelLight*

Edg3
Nov 28, 2006, 02:49 PM

lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Edg3 on 2006-11-28 11:49 ]</font>

Ryoki
Nov 28, 2006, 03:41 PM

F'cking amazing.

________
Volcano Classic Vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)

Natrokos
Nov 28, 2006, 03:58 PM
Gires is almost useless imo. I will get it so I can stop carrying around fuckin moons though.

Pentence
Nov 28, 2006, 06:01 PM
On 2006-11-28 08:49, MayLee wrote:

You words have touched my heart and it tickles me so.

That can O so be taken outa context.(tickles you where now?...ahem)