PDA

View Full Version : Rare normal weapons

Wottar
Nov 28, 2006, 03:26 PM
I have a Demon's Vulcan +9 that is written in Yellow lettering. If you have any info on this, please reach me at [email protected].

I could really use some insight on this thing.

Out_Kast
Nov 28, 2006, 03:32 PM
This is because anything above 9 Stars turns the writing yellow (as on the Rare weapons). the Vulcans (5 stars, i think), plus the Special, Demon's (4 stars?) would make 9 stars, therefore changing the writing to yellow. I don't think it count's as a rare, but they still make pretty good darn weapons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Wottar
Nov 28, 2006, 03:35 PM
Okay, because it is in Yellow, and me and my friend found two at the same time from the same room. I got a Vulcan. He got a Gladius. I took the Vulcan since I'm a force. It doesn't raise passed +9 though. Sorta a bummer.

Splash
Nov 28, 2006, 07:05 PM
If it has a special to it, the special will add stars to it, depending on what the "level" of the series is.

For example, we will take the "Steal HP" special. First "level" is called "Draw" and is the worst of the series. Therefore, it will only add one star. Second "level" is "Drain" and therefore adds two stars. Third "level" is "Fill" and add 3 stars. Lastly, the best of the series is "Gush" and add 4 stars.

When you grab a basic weapon that has 5 stars to begin with, having the best series of the special along will make it 9 stars which makes the letters yellow.

Jibby
Nov 28, 2006, 09:35 PM
yeah, I used to have gush vulcans and a pair of storm vulcans, those were fun.

Kevino
Nov 29, 2006, 08:53 AM
for a weapon to be "semi - rare" or yellow letters you need.
A yellow weapon (eg. Vulcan, Lazer, etc.)
The best of a certain special (eg. Blizzard, Hell, etc.)
and i think thats all then you will have your self a nice yellow texted weapon... yay.

AlexCraig
Dec 1, 2006, 04:48 PM
A common weapon becomes a rare-ish weapon when it is a yellow weapon, as Kevino said, and is nine stars at the bottom of its descripion. It must be a tekked weapon. I have found tons of yellow vulcans, gladiuses (Gladiai?), gungnirs, etc.