PDA

View Full Version : fuck you.

Alisha
Nov 29, 2006, 05:13 AM
i'm sick of people acting like my opinions are worthless just because i havent played online yet. the sad part is if people would actually tell me why things are different instead of just saying yeah i'd be receptive that. instead they just piss me off and make me want to punch them in the face.

AquaFlare7
Nov 29, 2006, 05:58 AM
On 2006-11-29 02:13, Alisha wrote:
i'm sick of people acting like my opinions are worthless just because i havent played online yet. the sad part is if people would actually tell me why things are different instead of just saying yeah i'd be receptive that. instead they just piss me off and make me want to punch them in the face.

I care about your opinions and your face punching too <3

Mystil
Nov 29, 2006, 07:30 AM
I never thought of them as worthless, just well, not informed enough. Why things online is different..? Balance maybe? It just different O_o. And (I know I know) you aren't missing much with not being online.

Wait I bet I know the ones who come off to you like your opinions are 'worthless'. I bet it's the poser posse(I wont name who is in this posse). Screw em ^_^.

See what you do is remember thier names and next time in some thread you'll know to completely OVER LOOK THIER POST CAUSE WHAT THEY SAY AND THINK DOES NOT MEAN JACKALL ON THIS FORUM.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2006-11-29 04:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2006-11-29 04:34 ]</font>

washuguy
Nov 29, 2006, 09:25 AM

Please... Calm down... You're scaring me!!!

Para
Nov 29, 2006, 10:41 AM
You didn't tell me that you haven't started playing online yet >_>

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 02:54 PM

Damn right!
I was Offline PSO only, but that doesn't mean I don't know my stuff.

________
MERCEDES-BENZ M100 ENGINE (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_M100_engine)

ABDUR101
Nov 29, 2006, 03:02 PM
This is PSU, shit is ENTIRELY different between the two. Offline PSO was exactly the same as online PSO, in PSU, the majority of everything, even drop rates, are quite different. From what I've seen, it's a hell of a lot easier and faster to lvl up in Extra mode than online mode. So yeah, just because you play PSU offline doesn't mean you know shit about the online. Thats just how it is, not a big deal, leave it at that.

DikkyRay
Nov 29, 2006, 07:11 PM
yea... i mean i beat story mode before i really ogt online. i was finding that enemies dropped meseta (story) by the bunches. In 1 room in a low chapter, i found about 5000 meseta. then the boss gave me like, 1500. the flippen de ragan doesnt give that. So dont complain because wehn talking online, unless you experiance online we cant really give you credit

Alisha
Nov 30, 2006, 12:42 AM
On 2006-11-29 12:02, ABDUR101 wrote:
This is PSU, shit is ENTIRELY different between the two. Offline PSO was exactly the same as online PSO, in PSU, the majority of everything, even drop rates, are quite different. From what I've seen, it's a hell of a lot easier and faster to lvl up in Extra mode than online mode. So yeah, just because you play PSU offline doesn't mean you know shit about the online. Thats just how it is, not a big deal, leave it at that.

i understand that but when people just blow me off i get mad. an explanation of why it's different would help me out a lot but i rarely get that.

ABDUR101
Nov 30, 2006, 12:59 AM
On 2006-11-29 21:42, Alisha wrote:
i understand that but when people just blow me off i get mad. an explanation of why it's different would help me out a lot but i rarely get that.

I understand that, but there's too much for anyone to really go over or call you on, it's something you more or less have to experience and grasp, or catch onto as you read the forums.

Offline kubara wood is some sort of really rare item, I've got nearly 50 online so far. Yet offline, people are using uber-rare S-rank weapons and items that aren't even available online yet. Blaring differences, and it's hard to mention all the differences between offline and on, or even to mention the differences every time something gets talked about.

I'd say it's just an attitude problem with those involved. Ignore them, you've been on the site awhile, you should be able to handle attitudes. As well, it's a new crowd of know-it-alls and kids who are more likely to jump with a "You don't know shit" than an explanation. I doubt that will change, sadly.

Flunky
Nov 30, 2006, 01:42 AM
Well, in case you haven't yet gotten a good response to the differences between offline and online, I'll go over what I do know. This won't be all-encompassing, seeing as how I have neither finished the story mode (up to chapter 11ish, if I remember) and my online character is not 50 yet, but I'll give it an attempt.

First of all, something you've probably heard before (and is mentioned a few posts above). Cash. Offline a level 30ish enemy will commonly drop 500-1500 meseta. Online a level 30ish enemy will drop 80-200 meseta. In my experience offline cash was never that much of a problem, while online cash is always tight unless you spend a hefty chunk of time farming the stuff.

Second of all, stats, classes, and the like. Offline there's only the 3 base classes (HU, RA, FO). These three base classes feature both different stats and different weapon proficiencies- in offline, for example, all classes can use wands (psupedia's got the info for both offline and online classes). Stats are rather different, ATA in particular from my experience. I can afford to have Ethan with 60ish ATA (equipping +ATP/-ATA units) battling level 30-40 foes and not miss much. Online, my 44 cast with a good deal more than double the ATA will miss a good deal more often.

If I recall correctly, there's no PA level limit for any of the classes offline- so you can be casting 30 resta with a hunter. Online PA level maxes per class are rather more restrictive (again, PSUpedia's type index has detailed info)

Next, weapon stats. The big thing that makes me prefer online to offline (barring the AI difficulties) is the way PP work in the two. While PAs offline tend to use less PP than their online equivalents, weapons have less PP and a -significantly- lower PP regen. Most melee weapons will only recover 1 PP per tick offline, while melee weapons recover 2-5 or 6 PP per tick online. Same deal with guns, wands and the like. While this is slightly balanced with the fact that photon charges are much easier to afford offline, I like being efficient with my weapons and offline that just isn't possible.

The PP regen and usage matter is, in my opinion, one of the big factors in the difference between offline and online.

I could also be wrong about this, but offline I don't think I've encountered any monsters that don't flinch from regular attacks. In online, monsters only flinch from regular attacks on C rank. At B rank and above they'll only flinch from certain attacks- the last hit on a basic combo, certain ranged weaponry, certain PAs, techs.

Hmm... though they aren't available yet US side, the offline mode does not have any axes or grenade launchers. At all- they're not even shown on the class proficiency window offline.

PMs require a higher production level to evolve online, for whatever that's worth. Either way it's a big money and time sink (in my opinion).

Oh- offline you can only have 3 decorations for some frustrating reason. Online you get a bigger room that can display around 11 decorations.

Er, yeah. That's what I can think of now. Of course, if you've heard this all before, well, at least I got to jog my memory of the differences. One of these days I'll finish offline mode.

Edit: And for the record, the whole dismissal and looking down angle I've seen more than a few give you over the whole offline deal is pretty bad, of course. It seems that a fair number of the folks around here right now are rather on edge, and thus are becoming rather snappy. One can only hope that the expert classes patch will calm people down a bit, but I doubt.

In any case, the world would be a better place if they did indeed take the time to realize they're talking to other people- if you don't make it common practice to speak that way to people in front of you, then it shouldn't be common practice online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flunky on 2006-11-30 10:42 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Nov 30, 2006, 07:41 AM
People are just inconsiderate of others nowadays. They think that JUST because "it's a game", that what they do and/or say doesn't matter. I don't agree with that, because even if you can't see the person, they do exist, and they ARE real. They, are what make the game real. But, because of a-holes and rude people HAVING to exist in the world, the community is one big floppy pancake.

..And that sounds good right now, being that it's 6:45 in the morning.

Daikarin
Nov 30, 2006, 08:48 AM
People like that will continue to appear in your life, not necessarily referring to PSU itself. Unfortunately, people are too quick to judge based on someone's circumstances, choosing to pay attention to something other than your experience in the end. Unfortunately that's how it is. People just assume that others are what society made them or not.

Many times I found myself having to "swallow a frog" (if I may translate) in order to things to remain cool. But that's what's important, isn't it? For things to remain cool. Even if someone else tries to disrupt that by saying you are unexperienced, stand up and be the mature one. Especially if you see the other isn't being wise.

I hope you get online, to at least see if it's worth calling your opinions to be worthless over that.

Oh wait. It isn't.