PDA

View Full Version : 450 or 440

xprowl
Nov 29, 2006, 09:44 AM
I've tried Gamefaqs but the users on that board couldn't give me a good answer so i've come here instead.

I currently play PSU for the 360 and have a level 38 Human 10 Force.

I've been leveling up my PM to get it to a 450 using the cheap and dirty PM guide but then i came across information stating the 450 has been nerfed and is useless now.

My PM level is 51 and is a 304 and has the possiblity to become both by the chart on PSUpedia.

My question is should i continue to go for the 450(PM is not for synthing FO weapons almost strictly for battle) or should i go for the 440.

And a follow up question to this is:
Does anybody know if the 450 nerf was a mistake or was done purposely? I would like to have a good PM help me while i solo and even when i party with friends.

Fin
Nov 29, 2006, 04:30 PM
It's not a nerf, people have translated news on the jp PSU website and said that it was an error (that might be fixed on their servers soon). I think she's definitely worth it (when functional) although I've noticed that using her now, she seems to heal more often when you or she is at low hp (all the PMs do it, but mine either has a bigger chance or I'm the only one too cheap to use a star atom http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif ) Hopefully she'll get her old healing rate back or better as well.

When playing force mine doesn't seem to do much unless the enemies are right on me (or if I run through the mob first). However, she is quite useful if I'm busy diga-spamming and myself or other pt members need healing.

Tomeeboy
Nov 29, 2006, 04:40 PM
I loved my 450 before they broke the healing. I still take it along with me on solo missions, but it's almost completely useless without the healing. It casts some occassional debuffs and the TECHNIC damage is sad at best.

If they fix the 450's healing, I would still go with the 450. It's nice to have a pocket force when there's not a real one around. It's entirely possible for a group to do missions without a healer, but it's so much nicer to have one and not have to worry about HP as much. For hunters, the 450 also makes soloing, or even small group play, a lot more enjoyable.

Antagony
Nov 29, 2006, 04:49 PM
Basically it seems that they are going to fix the 450 if you're willing to wait. If you're in a hurry to have a functional PM, then the 440 may be the choice for you.

Tomeeboy
Nov 29, 2006, 05:04 PM
The only thing I worry about with the "fix" is that the 450 will still lack the usefulness that it had before. Perhaps they tried to adjust the 450 and tone down it's healing and broke it in the process. The fix could very well improve it a bit from it's current state, but we won't know yet if it will really be brought back to it's original level of functionality.