PDA

View Full Version : so no update?

Pages : [1] 2

curlack45
Nov 29, 2006, 01:04 PM
Okay, i'm going to get to the point, becasue i know you all hate reading..

i'm sick of people moaning about psu online being locked or w/e. i can never go online so how do you think i feel with the same wepions and techs over and over.

you know what i'm getting at... so just stop moaing please.

Cross
Nov 29, 2006, 01:05 PM
So because you don't have something, the rest of us shouldn't get that thing despite having paid for it?

Smooth.

curlack45
Nov 29, 2006, 01:09 PM
On 2006-11-29 10:05, Cross wrote:
So because you don't have something, the rest of us shouldn't get that thing despite having paid for it?

Smooth.

i didn't say that, i was simply saying that becasue "i dont have somthing" or in proper terms, i dont have the online mode, even though you have pay'd for it, dosen't mean that you should be moaning 24/7 about it. i've only found around 4 out of every 10 threads that are in the slightest way good. i'm online saying though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: curlack45 on 2006-11-29 10:10 ]</font>

Edg3
Nov 29, 2006, 01:09 PM
Why can't you go online?

If people didn't whine or argue about PSU this forum would have like 3 threads.

Ronzeru
Nov 29, 2006, 01:10 PM
Aren't you moaning right now Curlack?

curlack45
Nov 29, 2006, 01:12 PM
On 2006-11-29 10:09, Edg3 wrote:
Why can't you go online?

i guess that's true, but i mean.. people have to give it a break huh? could they atlest make a few threads that complement the game?

and i cant go online becasue i have the ps2 version witch is slow online, and my mum cant afford the monthly payments and she wont let me pay ethier.

curlack45
Nov 29, 2006, 01:13 PM
On 2006-11-29 10:10, Ronzeru wrote:
Aren't you moaning right now Curlack?

Yes, quiet right i am.. i'm moaning to get my point across, i think its the only way to do it in theese cluttered forums.

Natrokos
Nov 29, 2006, 01:14 PM
Why can't you go online?

That would be awesome

curlack45
Nov 29, 2006, 01:16 PM
Indeed it would be asoume, but it would be beter if they spilt the forums up, into a

- rants,
- complements,
and general talk.

Tomeeboy
Nov 29, 2006, 01:18 PM
I think we're currently seeing more threads moaning about moaning then threads of actual moaning about the game now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif This is only reinforcing the notion that people have nothing but complaints about the game (which we know is not true) when visitors see threads complaining about the sheer amount of people who are complaining.

Curlack, I'm going to do my part in helping these forums stay clutter-free by moving this to Rants http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 29, 2006, 01:46 PM
Why can't you go online?

The site had tons of threads before the game was even out, (tons of rants in this section too about different topics and not just "PSU suxman!")

Not soo much when the PSU forum first opened(and was confined to a PSU Sticky in Off-Topic even before that) and progressively more and more until release -> now.

The usefulness of game release date threads complaining and "I gots da game yo" were absolute zero 2 days later, but resulted in great comedy such as reporting hiding out in Walmart towel sections with a laptop- specifically to write up to PSOW about it!

Ether
Nov 29, 2006, 07:49 PM
Its over. PSU is finished

Tenzntwentiez
Nov 29, 2006, 07:49 PM
no news so far. So im guessing we are being played

Tenzntwentiez
Nov 29, 2006, 07:50 PM
word

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 07:50 PM
wtf?
it
isn't
thursday
yet
stop
being
impatient

Deja
Nov 29, 2006, 07:51 PM
No, it isn't coming out. The mods on the official forums are basically hiding from the mass flames, and 1up has not said a thing (they said a lot about moatoob 2 days before update).

AeraLure
Nov 29, 2006, 07:52 PM
Correct. No word about an update by now means no update. Simple as that.

Garnet_Moon
True Ryoki, but there is nothing on 1up. They are supposed to get the info two days in advance and post it for everyone to see. Or, so they said with their partnership with Sega and Sonic Team in the last update they had.

Nothing on 1up about this thursdays maintenence/update, so it's safe for me to say that we're not getting anything this week.

Choja
While you guys wait, one of you should play Higurashi Daybreak with me. Delicious!

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 07:53 PM
On 2006-11-29 16:52, Garnet_Moon wrote:
True Ryoki, but there is nothing on 1up. They are supposed to get the info two days in advance and post it for everyone to see. Or, so they said with their partnership with Sega and Sonic Team in the last update they had.

Nothing on 1up about this thursdays maintenence/update, so it's safe for me to say that we're not getting anything this week.

Ah ok.
BTW, why did you drop your beast character?
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-29 16:54 ]</font>

Genobee
Nov 29, 2006, 07:53 PM
yea thursday we are sapose to get the update, if they don't say any thing now I dought we are getting it.

Ether
Nov 29, 2006, 07:54 PM
On 2006-11-29 16:52, Choja wrote:
While you guys wait, one of you should play Higurashi Daybreak with me. Delicious!

Mii~

Tenzntwentiez
Nov 29, 2006, 07:55 PM
holy crap im jus reading the psu boards on the official site, the people are restless. I might quit after tomorrow if nothing new comes up, i just got a 360 anways and playing now seems more like a chore than fun.

Dj_SkyEpic
BUT... If an update was to be released by this thursday, what's to say about 1up and Sega's partnership? : O

Garnet_Moon
...I predict the Gurhal System is going to get alot quieter now.

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 07:56 PM
On 2006-11-29 16:55, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
BUT... If an update was to be released by this thursday, what's to say about 1up and Sega's partnership? : O

Divorce.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 29, 2006, 07:57 PM
On 2006-11-29 16:53, Ryoki wrote:

On 2006-11-29 16:52, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Ah ok.
BTW, why did you drop your beast character?
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-29 16:54 ]</font>

1. Hunter is boring.
2. Melee is boring.
3. I literally fell asleep when I tried to play on my Hunter the other day after playing on Ranger so much, and enjoying it. That about spelled the end for that char.

Well, ye asked.

Camdino
Nov 29, 2006, 08:03 PM
If there is not update tomorrow I'm done!

Garnet_Moon
Nov 29, 2006, 08:04 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:03, Camdino wrote:

You probably won't be the last.

Tenzntwentiez
Nov 29, 2006, 08:05 PM
i have almost 2 characters to lv 50 and there is absolutly no point in playing this game any further right now. The 10+ a month spent on this game isnt even being used by Sega correctly. Meseta duping, broken PM's, lack of content, false hopes of updates. Crappy synth/boards items deemed "rares" to make you think there is a purpose for you to hunt. What a bummer.

Genobee
I'm gonna go play BOTS.

Choja
On 2006-11-29 17:03, Camdino wrote:

Refer to http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=128425&forum=20&79
If not, I'm going to be the one getting rewarded here.

Off topic: Daybreak doesn't want to cooperate. Full version, come on! *kick*

Garnet_Moon
Nov 29, 2006, 08:06 PM
So when I get my new PC who is up for some Mecha on Mecha action in Battlefield 2142? D:

Tenzntwentiez
Nov 29, 2006, 08:07 PM
btw i started the game with 4 real life friends, they all quit despite me trying to convince them to stay.

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 08:08 PM
Sigh...
You are all acting like impatient little children.
GO
PLAY
SOMETHING
ELSE
If you don't want to wait. Then come back later. Yeah, Sega is being lazy. Bitching about it won't cause anything to happen.

Ether
Nov 29, 2006, 08:09 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:08, Ryoki wrote:
Sigh...
You are all acting like impatient little children.
GO
PLAY
SOMETHING
ELSE
If you don't want to wait. Then come back later. Yeah, Sega is being lazy. Bitching about it won't cause anything to happen.

Paying customers

Tenzntwentiez
Nov 29, 2006, 08:10 PM
word, they cant keep the servers up without us, and if they want to keep making money they better listen to the bitching.

Choja
Nov 29, 2006, 08:10 PM
Ryoki, I haven't really played (as in, go in a mission) for four days. I've been playing this fun game called "The Forum Game". It's full of fun and s- ugh, I can't keep that impression up. I need people to play with, and ones that aren't evil bastards bent on destroying themselves.
Note: The four days thing? That's kinda true.

EDIT: More like if you can keep this attitude up for a week, maybe we'll live. Or not. Mostly not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Choja on 2006-11-29 17:12 ]</font>

Diablohead
Nov 29, 2006, 08:11 PM
I not been able to dedicate a ton of time to lay psu yet, but I would say in about a week im going to get bored of it one way or another.

I realy hope we get a update soon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Genobee
Nov 29, 2006, 08:11 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:06, Garnet_Moon wrote:
So when I get my new PC who is up for some Mecha on Mecha action in Battlefield 2142? D:

I know I am, I just went heavey support last night, if you go assualt we can hold down a base for an hour.

Weakness
Nov 29, 2006, 08:13 PM
X.X; luckily for me I just lost pretty much all of my items... so I get to go make new ones until the update comes out ._.;

Eternal_Drake
Nov 29, 2006, 08:14 PM
I haven't played for more than about 30 minutes at a time in the past week [except when i spent a while buying every nanosilica in every player shop <250 then reselling], and when my 45 days expire I don't plan on buying more.

AeraLure
Nov 29, 2006, 08:16 PM
I havent played in around four days either. I want to, mind you. I have a few things I could do, mostly earn some meseta and level some techs and... well, I cant summon the motivation to do it, so I just hang around here now. Really was hoping for that update. Guess it means I have some more time to save and level some techs hmm.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 29, 2006, 08:16 PM
It's a shame my subscription renews December 6th. That's a day before maintenence... if 1up ain't got anything up before that maintenence i'm out until they do.

Genobee
Nov 29, 2006, 08:17 PM
maybe it will be a surpirse! *crys*

hucast21
Nov 29, 2006, 08:17 PM
On 2006-11-29 16:55, Garnet_Moon wrote:
...I predict the Gurhal System is going to get alot quieter now.

I've seen a lvl 50 sell off his 5* weapons for 90-100 meseta today because of frustration.

On another note, JP gets another update tonight. Dark Falkis boss will be online. Yay!

/sarcasm

Garnet_Moon
Nov 29, 2006, 08:21 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:17, hucast21 wrote:
On another note, JP gets another update tonight.

In case some would-be emo ranter missed it, quoted.

Schubalts
Nov 29, 2006, 08:22 PM
Maybe there won't be so many DAMNED LOCKED/GIVE FINDER GAMES after this week, then!

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Nov 29, 2006, 08:23 PM
Didn't think Sega would start treating the US/EU version so crappy right from the get go. -_-

McLaughlin
Nov 29, 2006, 08:23 PM
Is everyone forgetting the update came on FRIDAY, not THURSDAY?

Garnet_Moon
Nov 29, 2006, 08:25 PM
Thursday night, Friday morning, who cares? Time zones, baby.

Flunky
Nov 29, 2006, 08:27 PM
Eh, I haven't played too much as of late either.

Might be because I really can't find many playing on the 360 whenever I've been on recently (granted, not too much). That whole 'if you cancel you can get a delete' threat about canceling keeps me hesistant to cancel... but eh. I get the feeling I'd be more interested in playing if I could just find a good group to play with. Card list is barren, not seeing very many games going on at all whenever I log in.

... Anyhoo. Yeah, I'd have liked an update this week (was this week the corresponding week for the JP's release of the next patch), but the lack-of-update isn't really what's irking me about it. Maybe I should bought the PS2 version, heh. Then at least there'd be a slightly larger population abouts.

Camdino
Nov 29, 2006, 08:28 PM
Whats more sad then Sega bending us over and taking advantage of us without lube is the people that defend them, the people that tell us to chill while we all fork over cash for nothing, and the people that post the same picture of the mythical weapons we will get sometime next year.

Tell ya what those pretty weapons wont be worth a damn with 200 people playing in the US. Well I guess I should chill cause I'm sure Sega is busy with the production of their great new gaming syste....... Oh wait they gave up on those too.... But I'm sure one of the 60 Sonic Titles will be worth it, and we can all just sit an look at what the non-Red headed step children get in their X-Max Lobby. We all should have seen the trend way before now!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Camdino on 2006-11-29 17:30 ]</font>

Choja
Nov 29, 2006, 08:32 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:28, Camdino wrote:
Whats more sad then Sega bending us over and taking advantage of us without lube is the people that defend them, the people that tell us to chill while we all fork over cash for nothing, and the people that post the same picture of the mythical weapons we will get sometime next year.
Tell ya what those pretty weapons wont be worth a damn with 200 people playing in the US. Well I guess I should chill cause I'm sure Sega is busy with the production of their great new gaming syste....... Oh wait they gave up on those too.... But I'm sure one of the 60 Sonic Titles will be worth it, and we can all just sit an look at what the non-Red headed step children get in their X-Max Lobby. We all should have seen the trend way before now!

That usually leads to me being a monopolizing jackass (take EVERYTHING HAHAHA). It's Trickster Online all over again, bitches. Get everyone away for me to have all the things. ;D
This isn't going to go out good, is it?

Vergil_Sparda
Nov 29, 2006, 08:32 PM
Not cool Sega! I was really looking forward to having our first REAL update and playing all this weekend. And now that there shall be no update it's depressing damnit, really depressing.......

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Nov 29, 2006, 08:34 PM
Gah, Trickster.
Did they EVER add the second jobs to the US version? :/

lokijam
Nov 29, 2006, 08:34 PM
um does everyone realize that we started the rumor on this weeks updates?
Your making it seem like sega announced it and is now not following thru. Look sega has screwed up throughout the years with PSO, but i dont see how u can be pissed about an update not happening that was never even announced.

MXdude
Nov 29, 2006, 08:35 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:22, Schubalts wrote:
Maybe there won't be so many DAMNED LOCKED/GIVE FINDER GAMES after this week, then!

Locked games do suck, and there are tons of them... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

However, I dont see content changing this.

Genobee
Nov 29, 2006, 08:35 PM
lol who would have guess from a name like trickster

Tenzntwentiez
Nov 29, 2006, 08:37 PM
its not a rumor its fact. The japanese got their update 2 weeks after the first one. How come we are not getting the update at the rate they are? It better not be cuz they r jp onry.

PJesus
On 2006-11-29 17:06, Garnet_Moon wrote:

If you're willing to take it hard, i'm in.. then again, you don't have to be willing. *grins evilly*
(I'll play 2142 with you, send me a pm for contact.)

Choja
On 2006-11-29 17:34, Tsukishima-Ruriko wrote:
Gah, Trickster.
Did they EVER add the second jobs to the US version? :/

They never did. THAT'S THE TRICK!
...Damn it.

Ether
Nov 29, 2006, 08:38 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:34, lokijam wrote:
um does everyone realize that we started the rumor on this weeks updates?

Sega said we wouldn't fall behind the Japanese version in updates. They got expert jobs 1 week after Moatoob

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 08:42 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:37, Tenzntwentiez wrote:
its not a rumor its fact. The japanese got their update 2 weeks after the first one. How come we are not getting the update at the rate they are? It better not be cuz they r jp onry.

The "r" sound in japanese isn't pronounced like an "R" or an "L". You saying this is just racist.

Tenzntwentiez
Nov 29, 2006, 08:43 PM
i guarantee after tomorrow, if there is no update u'll be lucky if any other universe besides 1 has people in it. I am about to cancel my subscription. I wouldn't be so hesitant if i didnt spent 300 hours on my 2 characters.

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 08:45 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:43, Tenzntwentiez wrote:
i guarantee after tomorrow, if there is no update u'll be lucky if any other universe besides 1 has people in it. I am about to cancel my subscription. I wouldn't be so hesitant if i didnt spent 300 hours on my 2 characters.

Oh wait, you are Emeralda?
Sorry bout accusing you...
Don't quit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

lokijam
Nov 29, 2006, 08:45 PM
yes its a fact that the new jobs came out two weeks after the 1st update, in JAPAN. so what, these are completely different servers, and do u think the new influx of EU players has anything to with it. Stop your whining.

Nukei
Nov 29, 2006, 08:46 PM
On 2006-11-29 16:52, Choja wrote:

Uhh..What do the things on the site say? xD I should really look at the language learning thing later. <.>

Tenzntwentiez
Nov 29, 2006, 08:49 PM
rofl loki, do u not see the picture here? its about being fair. Give what you promised, we are paying customers. If they claimed to follow the same schedule then follow the damn schedule. Don't make us wait till the next billing cycle to release something. Check the official PSU website boards. The people are PISSED! and if they dont listen to us whine then i guess they would eventually abandon the game due to lack of income.

Ryoki: Im trying not to but i really want to do something that doesnt require me to make another character or farm for things that i cant get because my GH450 is still broken. You guys just have to realize that sega just doesnt put any effort into this. Watch what happens when the duping becomes widespread. Sega already has failed with getting rid of Broomop and Nugz.

Genobee
Nov 29, 2006, 08:52 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:45, lokijam wrote:
yes its a fact that the new jobs came out two weeks after the 1st update, in JAPAN. so what, these are completely different servers, and do u think the new influx of EU players has anything to with it. Stop your whining.

Takao Miyoshi: At this time, the servers are going to be separated for the US and Japanese versions of the game. Unfortunately, the release dates will be very different between Japan and the US. However, we are thinking of updating everything equally for players in both Japan and the United States. The updates will probably be based on the release dates. So, say Japan receives the game three months before the United States, updates will be on an automatic three month delay for the US version, or something along those lines. We can't give you the exact intervals for how long the delays will be just yet.

Ok this is straight out of the creators mouth. SO A sega needs to tell us that "hey we are having problems with EU so please wait" not jsut leave us in the dark or B give m my money back because of the false adverstising. I smell class action suit.

Ether
Nov 29, 2006, 08:55 PM
yes its a fact that the new jobs came out two weeks after the 1st update, in JAPAN

Update 1, October 5th (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119641&forum=20)

Update 2, October 13th, 8 days after the first update (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=121214&forum=20)

Oh, and Japan got 60 free days. Not 15, not 30, SIXTY. They didn't have to pay any online fees until after the third update.

I don't understand why people continue to defend Sega when its so obvious we're getting the short end of the stick here

Choja
Nov 29, 2006, 08:56 PM
Refer to the big picture as it falls on you.
*add light bulb joke here. Oh, right. http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=10949 *

lokijam
Nov 29, 2006, 08:57 PM
did u catch the word "probably" in there

Nukei
Nov 29, 2006, 08:59 PM
we are thinking of

Tenzntwentiez
Nov 29, 2006, 09:07 PM
lol i dont know why you guys are so cool with being duped. So ur all cool with the fact the japanese get 60!! free days on PSU, and the fact they get their 2nd update in 8 days after the 1st update while we are left stuck in the cold for the 3rd straight week? I guess its cool for them to rag on us, but its not cool for us to rag on them, and by "them" i mean "Sega of Japan" cuz we all know Sega of America doesnt know anything.

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 09:09 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:07, Tenzntwentiez wrote:
lol i dont know why you guys are so cool with being duped. So ur all cool with the fact the japanese get 60!! free days on PSU, and the fact they get their 2nd update in 8 days after the 1st update while we are left stuck in the cold for the 3rd straight week? I guess its cool for them to rag on us, but its not cool for us to rag on them, and by "them" i mean "Sega of Japan" cuz we all know Sega of America doesnt know anything.

Yes, it is true that Sega treats Japan nicer. BECAUSE IT IS A JAPANESE COMPANY!

Plus, their characters got reset 3 times.
I don't feel jealous.

Tenzntwentiez
Nov 29, 2006, 09:10 PM

Isnt that discrimination? I pay as much as hirohito up in shibuya for this game, why should he get the better end of the bargain?

And at this rate i wont have to reset my characters cuz they will be gone.

Parn
Nov 29, 2006, 09:11 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:59, Nukei wrote:

we are thinking of
...not renewing our subscriptions.

Maskim
Nov 29, 2006, 09:12 PM
Y'all are getting your panties in a bunch, and were getting your hopes up, for nothing. I'm not bashing PSU, because I love this game. What I am saying is before moatoob, we were told 2 updates by Dec.15th(or was it 12th?). Since when have you known a company to project a date, and come early? It happens, but not often. Usually they're still late, but close-ish to the projected date. Anyone who was counting on advanced classes before the 15th, to the point of 'I'm leaving if I don't get it' is being foolish, because we were given indication it wouldn't be for another week or so.

Ryoki
On 2006-11-29 18:10, Tenzntwentiez wrote:

Isnt that discrimination? I pay as much as hirohito up in shibuya for this game, why should he get the better end of the bargain?

Yes, it is. Get over it though. I was told this by my Japanese friend. They don't even hire foreigners.

VanHalen
you know i have been very calm about the whole update thing i had faith in sega(since i like the company since birth you could say) but if i hear one more thing about the Japan servers getting new content im gonna go crazy they got a calender now saying all the awesome updates there gonna get from december to janurary now mocking me on the pso-world homepage right now

Randomness

Actually, its more due to the fact that its easier to make stuff for Japan when you're a Japanese company, too. No translation step.

Vergil_Sparda
Do you think Sega will give us a update this week if we give them enough hell???Probably not but it's good to hope right http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

VanHalen
Nov 29, 2006, 09:15 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:12, Maskim wrote:
Y'all are getting your panties in a bunch, and were getting your hopes up, for nothing. I'm not bashing PSU, because I love this game. What I am saying is before moatoob, we were told 2 updates by Dec.15th(or was it 12th?). Since when have you known a company to project a date, and come early? It happens, but not often. Usually they're still late, but close-ish to the projected date. Anyone who was counting on advanced classes before the 15th, to the point of 'I'm leaving if I don't get it' is being foolish, because we were given indication it wouldn't be for another week or so.

yeah i kinda know that and dont get me wrong i love this game too and i understand what you mean about companies and their dates they say things will happen. im predicting the update will come december 8th but im just tired of hearing all the new things coming for the JP servers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-11-29 18:17 ]</font>

kazuma56
Nov 29, 2006, 09:18 PM
I think segas doing the reverse now (or being told to) seeing as we got PSO:BB items and stuff in droves as opposed to the dry month spans featured in the japanese version...If they had to wait it out... why can't we do the same now?

_Tek_
It was a better deal, but I've hardly been playing the game...
http://forums.almightylol.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Tenzntwentiez
trust me when u have 2 characters lvl 40+ you realize what a waste of time this has been.

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 09:19 PM

Wow, good friggen point.
I forgot that they said before the 15th. Asking for it on the 30th isn't something that will neccesarly be happening.

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 09:20 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:15, VanHalen wrote:

yeah i kinda know that and dont get me wrong i love this game too and i understand what you mean about companies and their dates they say things will happen. im predicting the update will come december 8th but im just tired of hearing all the new things coming for the JP servers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-11-29 18:17 ]</font>

Eww, you know that? O_o

Ravennittes
Nov 29, 2006, 09:20 PM
I want new classes... NOW... and Sega said "at least 2 updates by dec 15". Hope for more but expect two (the last one on dec 15 cause they're annoying like that).

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 09:21 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:20, Ravennittes wrote:
I want new classes... NOW... and Sega said "at least 2 updates by dec 15". Hope for more but expect two (the last one on dec 15 cause they're annoying like that).

Moatoob=1
Classes=1
Where the hell did this 3rd one you mention come from?

Randomness
Nov 29, 2006, 09:23 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:21, Ryoki wrote:

On 2006-11-29 18:20, Ravennittes wrote:

Moatoob=1
Classes=1
Where the hell did this 3rd one you mention come from?

What? "hope for more"? Clumsy said that before Moatoob came out, you know...

AeraLure
Nov 29, 2006, 09:24 PM
Clumsy did in fact say "at least 2." Does leave room for three, not that I would bet absolutely anything on it.

VanHalen
Nov 29, 2006, 09:24 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:20, Ryoki wrote:

Eww, you know that? O_o

sorry im a bit slow i dont understand what does that mean im not trying to start a fight though

oh wait i get it lol but back to seriousness that wasnt what i meant

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-11-29 18:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-11-29 18:26 ]</font>

AeraLure
Nov 29, 2006, 09:25 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:24, VanHalen wrote:

oh wait i get it lol

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-29 18:26 ]</font>

Genobee
Nov 29, 2006, 09:25 PM
I'm not so much pissed about lack of content it's the last of information! All we got to go by is Clumsy's vague statments and offten wrong predictions and thats TOTAL FUCKING BULLSHIT, IF WoW has done any thing right, it's updates. They tell you when a new updates is coming 1 to 2 months in advance and what excatly is in it and thats brand new content. Where as sega can't even tell me when they are unlocking content I have already seen before, a week in advanced. While fucking Japan seems to get updates and knows when there gettting them like every week! I ratehr have my character reset 3 times and get 60 days free instead of not playing the game because of sheer boredum and stil paying hope they update it soon.

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 09:26 PM

Eww, you know that? O_o

sorry im a bit slow i dont understand what does that mean im not trying to start a fight though

Hehe, nevermind. He just said Y'all got your panties in a bunch, and you started a response "Yeah, i know."
Anyways, don't worry. I don't really want to start a fight either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: this is the quickest-increasing topic I have ever seen on PSOW. *Tear*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-29 18:27 ]</font>

Tenzntwentiez
Nov 29, 2006, 09:27 PM
you do know that Dec. 15th is placed CONVIENIENTLY right after most peoples renewal date? I guess its a tactic to keep people paying for the next month. Good strategy.

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 09:28 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:27, Tenzntwentiez wrote:
you do know that Dec. 15th is placed CONVIENIENTLY right after most peoples renewal date? I guess its a tactic to keep people paying for the next month. Good strategy.

Hehe...
Scare tactics.

Numnuttz
i swear this tread resurrects every week and its always the same thing being said.

Garnet_Moon
On 2006-11-29 18:12, Randomness wrote:

Actually, its more due to the fact that its easier to make stuff for Japan when you're a Japanese company, too. No translation step.

That would mean something if updates where actual new content being downloaded after being fully translated, but that isn't the case. It's all already there; they just don't want to unlock it. Why? Now that is the million dollar question.

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 09:29 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:28, Garnet_Moon wrote:

That would mean something if updates where actual new content being downloaded after being fully translated, but that isn't the case. It's all already there; they just don't want to unlock it. Why? Now that is the million dollar question.

Can I phone a friend?

VanHalen
On 2006-11-29 18:26, Ryoki wrote:

Eww, you know that? O_o

Hehe, nevermind. He just said Y'all got your panties in a bunch, and you started a response "Yeah, i know."
Anyways, don't worry. I don't really want to start a fight either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: this is the quickest-increasing topic I have ever seen on PSOW. *Tear*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-29 18:27 ]</font>

yeah i figured it out after re reading pretty funny

oh and yeah this is pretty sad that this topic is increasing type fast *sniff*

Weakness
On 2006-11-29 17:55, Ether wrote:

yes its a fact that the new jobs came out two weeks after the 1st update, in JAPAN

Update 1, October 5th (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119641&forum=20)

Update 2, October 13th, 8 days after the first update (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=121214&forum=20)

Oh, and Japan got 60 free days. Not 15, not 30, SIXTY. They didn't have to pay any online fees until after the third update.

I don't understand why people continue to defend Sega when its so obvious we're getting the short end of the stick here

I disagree with you on one thing... I find it to be a very long stick (a bit on the sharp side too) and it is being crammed staight up our asses.

Iecur
Nov 29, 2006, 09:30 PM
Who is handling the updates ? Sega of America or Sega of Europe ? I remember for PSOBB it was Europe right ? I'm just asking because of what Tenzntwentiez wrote.

Also I don't know didn't Europe just start the game ? Doesn't it just seem wrong that because we all have four level 50 chars we will continue to dominate in the game with all the new items whilst they struggle at level 4 to get through the first few missions ? Wait who am I kidding ? We're Americans also know as greedy bastards lol Nevermind this point is invalid I suppose.

VanHalen if you're tired about hearing what the Japanese have stop listening. I did and hell I feel better off this way. I just wish I could forget what I've heard before T_T

Sad to hear that those I never played with are quitt...wait no it's not. I feel ashamed that I'm not sad that we'll never meet in game. Oh well.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 29, 2006, 09:32 PM
Who cares about European players? Sure it's sad that they get most games several years later than us, but why should we be dragged down with them in a game we both currently play? It's outrageous!

D:

Flunky
Nov 29, 2006, 09:33 PM
If I remember right, the reason that the Dec. 15th date is close to the end of most people's subscriptions is because this Dec. 15th quote was a response to somebody saying "There'd better be content before Dec. 15th, because I won't bother renewing my account then if there's nothing new."

Of course, even without that they'd probably date an update then anyways. Pretty much every MMOG gets a temporary boost in renewals/new subscriptions everytime there's a decent update.

Ruby-chan
Nov 29, 2006, 09:34 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:56, Choja wrote:
Refer to the big picture as it falls on you.
*add light bulb joke here. Oh, right. http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=10949 *

Yay... someone linked to my thread.

Oh yeah, account ends on the 13th, so I won't be seeing those new updates regardless. It's a shame because I like the friends I play with and the game is fun, but for $10/month I can't stand the treatment. I couldn't stand it in PSOGC or PSO3 and I thankfully resisted Blue Burst.

Let's face it any of us who played the previous games handed by Sonic Team knew it was going to be bad. But somewhere deep down part of us held out hope that, "This time it's going to be different, it's a totally new game design, they're really gonna get it right this time." We're fans, we love the game, we like the setting, we like the franchise, but the way the game is run keeps screwing us over.

I think it's a good time to pull these out..

The five stages of Grief
1. Denial and Isolation
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

You can literally watch forum posters moving through the stages as they post. Lot of people are moving from step 1 to 2 right about now. ;p

Iecur

Eww, you know that? O_o

oh wait i get it lol but back to seriousness that wasnt what i meant

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-11-29 18:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-11-29 18:26 ]</font>
Best conversation I've seen in this thread thus far lol

MaKaVeLi_X
This sucks. Can psu get any more BORING.

Tenzntwentiez
Nov 29, 2006, 09:35 PM
imo why didnt they seperate the NA/EU servers like they did with the JP? God this discrimination is really getting to me. Glad i bought an xbox 360.

VanHalen
On 2006-11-29 18:30, Iecur wrote:
Who is handling the updates ? Sega of America or Sega of Europe ? I remember for PSOBB it was Europe right ? I'm just asking because of what Tenzntwentiez wrote.

Also I don't know didn't Europe just start the game ? Doesn't it just seem wrong that because we all have four level 50 chars we will continue to dominate in the game with all the new items whilst they struggle at level 4 to get through the first few missions ? Wait who am I kidding ? We're Americans also know as greedy bastards lol Nevermind this point is invalid I suppose.

VanHalen if you're tired about hearing what the Japanese have stop listening. I did and hell I feel better off this way. I just wish I could forget what I've heard before T_T

Sad to hear that those I never played with are quitt...wait no it's not. I feel ashamed that I'm not sad that we'll never meet in game. Oh well.

i'll try but its always there on the front page like ha ha ha ha look at the latest news ha ha ha ha ha but i think i would be better if i just click the message board here instead of seeing whats happening next in updates

hucast21

For the simple fact of billing us again before the next update. It can't get anymore obvious IMO.

Iecur
Nov 29, 2006, 09:38 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:34, Ruby-chan wrote:

Oh yeah, account ends on the 13th, so I won't be seeing those new updates regardless. It's a shame because I like the friends I play with and the game is fun, but for $10/month I can't stand the treatment. I couldn't stand it in PSOGC or PSO3 and I thankfully resisted Blue Burst.

Let's face it any of us who played the previous games handed by Sonic Team knew it was going to be bad. But somewhere deep down part of us held out hope that, "This time it's going to be different, it's a totally new game design, they're really gonna get it right this time." We're fans, we love the game, we like the setting, we like the franchise, but the way the game is run keeps screwing us over.

I think it's a good time to pull these out..

The five stages of Grief
1. Denial and Isolation
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

You can literally watch forum posters moving through the stages as they post. Lot of people are moving from step 1 to 2 right about now. ;p

Wouldn't isolation mean they aren't here ? ;p

Iecur
Nov 29, 2006, 09:40 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:29, Ryoki wrote:

On 2006-11-29 18:28, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Can I phone a friend?

Only if you have the quarter for the pay phone.

ABDUR101
Nov 29, 2006, 09:41 PM
Wrong forum. Oh and *Nelson voice* Ha-ha! */Nelson voice*

Dr_Lantis
Nov 29, 2006, 09:41 PM
Why not take all your gripes directly to SOA? If SOA received complaints about PSU (and many of SOA's flaws) en masse, then maybe SEGA may give their American audience more credit. Sure it seems like a chance in hell of SOA giving a damn about us, but it's worth a try, is it not?

_Tek_
Nov 29, 2006, 09:42 PM
uhh this is off topic though, since no one should really care about my blunders, to be honest.

Iecur
On 2006-11-29 18:35, VanHalen wrote:

On 2006-11-29 18:30, Iecur wrote:

i'll try but its always there on the front page like ha ha ha ha look at the latest news ha ha ha ha ha but i think i would be better if i just click the message board here instead of seeing whats happening next in updates

lol I suppose that is hard to avoid. Unless you stop reading the front page and install Secret Maker on your computer. Read no updates and you'll be surprised and happy when they happen. And Secret Maker is just to make sure you never see another picture on the net again. I wish this were my computer so I could install that lol

Eternal_Drake
Actually it isn't worth a try, thanks for the suggestion though.

MXdude
Nov 29, 2006, 09:43 PM
SOA has no souls!

jk, im not sure but i would assume that SOA has received many complaints.

Iecur
I thought SOE was running this ? Is it SOA ? Well I'll be a mexican. No manches!

VanHalen
lets sing "For Brighter Days" from Story Mode to keep our spirits up and hope sega and sonic team after dec 15th will get it together for the NA/EU server

Genobee
it's not SOA it's SOJ, SOA is in the dark like we are. Bitching at SOA would be like yelling at a card board cut out.

Garnet_Moon
How about we all make a thread and take a stance right down the middle and play the good guy?

Yeah! Wonderful idea! I think it's my turn to make a thread like this one. :3

GeoHolyhart
Been said a bunch of times, but people aren't listening. They want their rants heard I guess?

Iecur
Nov 29, 2006, 09:45 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:43, Genobee wrote:
it's not SOA it's SOJ, SOA is in the dark like we are. Bitching at SOA would be like yelling at a card board cut out.

Darn! Lets see English won't work...You think they understand Spanish ? I still don't get why we're complaining but I'm too tired to argue lol

VanHalen
Nov 29, 2006, 09:45 PM
tried telling people to do that before no one listened so i gave up and the whole cancel subcription thing wouldnt work cause who would update a server with one CAST standing there

Ruby-chan
Nov 29, 2006, 09:46 PM
Ok Iecur. You really need to combine all those posts into one. Try using the edit button to append to your post. The edit button is the one that looks like a pencil and paper at the bottom of your post.

SailorDaravon
Nov 29, 2006, 09:46 PM
The official boards are a total mess - pratically every thread is complaining, a lot of them very reasonable, and quite literally the mods have gone into hiding and are now locking threads w/out doing the closing post thing. I think Sega's pretty much aware that people are pissed, but like it's already been said, Sega's a Japanese company, SOA is pretty much SOL.

Asuri
Nov 29, 2006, 09:47 PM
i feel great, i knew this game would be fun but not lasting, i quit so fast all this update garbage doesnt bother me. but to all who are whining, just wait a little bit, maybe they might do something for making you wait (more xp) or something. Who knows.

AeraLure
Nov 29, 2006, 09:48 PM

Light 2.0 ftw. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I had one of the earlier versions of 2.0 that also had some trouble whenever one's vertical variance was off by anything greater than .5 degrees. When this happened, a red hot molten substance spewed forth and burned your hands for a moment before encasing them in an equally annoying hard shelled substance.

The five stages of Grief
1. Denial and Isolation
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

Aw hell, I have been hovering between 3 and 4 for a little while now. 1 and 2 are overrated. 5 is great and I may have recently hit that when I decided the thing I wanted to do most in PSU was log in and solo an A mission with nothing but my level 5 Zonde crappy-tech-missile-from-hell to level it to 11 or beyond and found that it was fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Of course, it could also simply mean I finally cracked. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-29 18:50 ]</font>

Iecur
Nov 29, 2006, 09:48 PM
I'll sing!

Ruby-chan nope sorry have a nice day. ^_^

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 09:50 PM
To all the people still bitching (glad to see most arn't):

http://killthisjokeplz.ytmnd.com/

Dr_Lantis
Nov 29, 2006, 09:53 PM
I am in pretty much the same situation, expect the only reason I feel like I'm playing is to get my money's worth. Maybe near the end of my subscription, PSU would finally became a decent game.

Asuri
Nov 29, 2006, 09:56 PM
hahaha ryoki

AeraLure
Nov 29, 2006, 09:58 PM
Problem is I believe the decisions are made at SoJ, even for here. SoA simply administers it. One could send all kinds of suggestions or complaints to SoA and, as Genobee said, it doesnt really have much effect if any. SoA is sort of like some frontier outpost.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2006-11-29 19:00 ]</font>

VanHalen
Nov 29, 2006, 09:58 PM
lol that brightens anyones mood but not like singing "For Brighter Days" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif come on everyone join hands

Zio
Nov 29, 2006, 09:59 PM
I think SoA likes losing money personally. I'm waiting for them to go bankrupt TBH.

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 29, 2006, 09:59 PM
Sega sucks

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 29, 2006, 10:00 PM
IF theres no update Im selling my shit on ebay... while its still worth something.

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 10:01 PM
Good old hawking and making fun of his robotic voice...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BTW, poster above me, did you not see the STFU comment?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2006-11-29 19:02 ]</font>

Xbob
Nov 29, 2006, 10:01 PM
Send mailbombs to SoJ. If they're all dead they can't tell us we can't get updates!

...no...wait that won't work...

Never mind. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 29, 2006, 10:02 PM
Sega sucks sega sucks

Lovejuice
Nov 29, 2006, 10:03 PM
But first, we must defeat Director Cool (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggAZBX7QxWw)!

P.S. Spot classic PS characters for extra prize.

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 10:04 PM
On 2006-11-29 19:02, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:
I suck I suck

OMFG! I HAVE ADMIN POWERS! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Ruby-chan
Nov 29, 2006, 10:05 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:59, Zio wrote:
I think SoA likes losing money personally. I'm waiting for them to go bankrupt TBH.

You know this reminds me of back when Sega reported a huge loss in Q4 earnings the same year PSO3 was released. This is what lead to Sammy buying out a big chunk of them. They blamed their poor perforamnce on Americans not buying their NFL footbal game at the time.

I always thought that was a rather lame excuse.

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 10:08 PM
On 2006-11-29 19:03, Lovejuice wrote:
But first, we must defeat Director Cool (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggAZBX7QxWw)!

Wow, this is amazing.

Garnet_Moon
On 2006-11-29 19:01, Xbob wrote:
Send mailbombs to SoJ. If they're all dead they can't tell us we can't get updates!

Careful what you say in these troubling times, Xbob. You never know when the FBI will come banging on your door... like that poor 4chan kid who was spewing idle threats to U.S. targets. Haha that was funny.

Choja
Is today "Bring your flamethrower" night or something?

Weakness
Nov 29, 2006, 10:10 PM
On 2006-11-29 19:08, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2006-11-29 19:01, Xbob wrote:

Careful what you say in these troubling times, Xbob. You never know when the FBI will come banging on your door... like that poor 4chan kid who was spewing idle threats to U.S. targets. Haha that was funny.

Mine aren't threats, they're promises... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I will make my new house out of the bones of Sonic Team.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 29, 2006, 10:11 PM
Oh? Their not threats, just promises and words of advice/warning? Well in that case go ahead and have at them! lol

Tenzntwentiez
Nov 29, 2006, 10:12 PM
my post about the lack of content got deleted http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Weakness
Nov 29, 2006, 10:13 PM
On 2006-11-29 19:11, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Oh? Their not threats, just promises and words of advice/warning? Well in that case go ahead and have at them! lol

Yeah, Takao Miyoshi's head will be the center piece on my dinning room table.

Ruby-chan
Nov 29, 2006, 10:15 PM
To those of you in this thread, and you know who you are. The game's population is already bad enough. No need to make this forum even worse as well by ignoring common edicate. Even Grant and Lee were civil to each other.

VanHalen
Nov 29, 2006, 10:17 PM

he ended the fight at the sega saturn punky bad guy i would have pulled the dreamcast on him

Choja
Nov 29, 2006, 10:17 PM
On 2006-11-29 19:08, Ryoki wrote:

Wow, this is amazing.

Oh god, it's that one Japanese video I watched a long time ago! It was so awesome. :3~

Xbob
Nov 29, 2006, 10:18 PM
If any FBI come to my door, I will TERRORIST them with my DEATH THREATS and ANTHRAX WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION and my JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Choja
Nov 29, 2006, 10:19 PM
On 2006-11-29 19:17, VanHalen wrote:

he ended the fight at the sega saturn punky bad guy i would have pulled the dreamcast on him

Segagaga (damn right it's a game. http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/segagaga/segagaga.htm ) doesn't have the dreamcast ship because it's locked. LOCKED. They pulled it on themselves.

VanHalen
Nov 29, 2006, 10:23 PM
On 2006-11-29 19:19, Choja wrote:

On 2006-11-29 19:17, VanHalen wrote:

Segagaga (damn right it's a game. http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/segagaga/segagaga.htm ) doesn't have the dreamcast ship because it's locked. LOCKED. They pulled it on themselves.

you mean to tell me this is a real game?! i totally would have played this it looked fun i can smash my sega saturn without hurting it (i have been mad at that system lately though i had some fun games) thanks for the info

Sychosis
Nov 29, 2006, 10:23 PM

I didn't know Alis was blonde. She's a brunette on the title screen, and her sprite has black hair...

Choja
Nov 29, 2006, 10:25 PM
I win AND fail at the same time. Now pull out that Dreamcast.

VanHalen
Nov 29, 2006, 10:31 PM
*gets my dreamcast* i got it right here

Choja
Nov 29, 2006, 10:34 PM
Now here's your final assignment, to answer this question:
Is it funner to be a jackass and laugh at horrific mistakes/flaws or is it better to talk about what fun we had doing things?
This question is unanswerable, and the thread will start falling, so now!
Note: I defended Sega, now I get to burn. If you want to know how I think about Sega, click my signature. ( I hate you, I hate you... but I love you! ;_; )

EDIT: My dedication to Touhou will get me obtrjhe'd.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Choja on 2006-11-29 19:34 ]</font>

VanHalen
Nov 29, 2006, 10:40 PM
choja that was a cool video what was the name of that song i want to download it

oh and your question though you say its unanswerable i choose the 2nd choice

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-11-29 19:41 ]</font>

Sychosis
Nov 29, 2006, 10:42 PM
I'm never clicking anything in Choja's sig ever again.

Schubalts
Nov 29, 2006, 10:44 PM
Civility ceases to exist in these topics! It's true! I have proof! Just...I can't show you it...

Choja
Nov 29, 2006, 10:45 PM
On 2006-11-29 19:42, Sychosis wrote:

Only God knows why I used the "WARNING" picture as a signature picture link.
So everyone, please stop bitching about flaws. ;D

Blu_Swade
Nov 29, 2006, 10:47 PM
That video was awesome! ^___^
That's right, happy smile with THREE underscores, you've earned it. and a LOL, and I don' jus' give those away either...

Sayara
Nov 29, 2006, 10:49 PM
/r/ this thread become the
OMG SEGA DIDNT UPDATE ON TIME Thread.

In reality, for the casual NA/EU players (like me) I am fine with having nothing updated yet. Its not really Segas fault NA would be super absurdly quick at leveling to 50/getting all items so quick. I can continue to level my little character and continue to go at the pace i'd like to.

Sychosis
Nov 29, 2006, 10:53 PM
On 2006-11-29 19:45, Choja wrote:

On 2006-11-29 19:42, Sychosis wrote:

Only God knows why I used the "WARNING" picture as a signature picture link.
So everyone, please stop bitching about flaws. ;D

B-But! You told me to click it to understand your views on SEGA!

I was bamboozled!!

StillOffline
Nov 29, 2006, 11:11 PM
nah, ive been a casual player already for my month, but i can only pay enough right now. i would rather take that ten bucks and get a nice 24 pack for celebrating end of exams, xmas, birthday, new years, etc. im sure ill come crawling back sometime next semester...if we have expert classes...

Sayara
Nov 29, 2006, 11:19 PM
But see, you are not in any big rush for anything. Some people go on about being level 50 4 times and have everything 4 times.

Thats not casual!

AeraLure
Nov 29, 2006, 11:24 PM
Well the game shouldnt be limited by how much one wishes to play it. Playing a game less shouldnt make it better. Not a pay to play game anyway. PSO wasnt like that. Not at all meant as a knock on PSU, rather simply that its certainly understandable when someone says content is coming out a little slow if quite a few people have hit the level cap and struggle finding things to do.

That said, sure, at a certain point any game can be played too much.

Shinnaki
Nov 30, 2006, 01:19 AM
I dunno what I just watched, but it contained a lot of pink, so my attention wasn't really on what was happening.

The stuff that moved kept interrupting the pink. *_*

Weakness
Nov 30, 2006, 01:26 AM
"Eins, Zwie, Guten Morgen!"

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I don't know why, but that cracked me up. I need to find my old German Professor now and show her that...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weakness on 2006-11-29 22:28 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 30, 2006, 01:44 AM
Last time 1up.com had new the night before about the content update the day afterwards. I was sorta expectin the same thing this time but to avail they havent said anything. I sure hope they are just lagging it XD i wants me updates and my gh450 to heal me ; ;

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 30, 2006, 02:02 AM
I just want to get my PM up to a GH-450... lvl 31 now with a long ways to go.

I wanted the update more than anybody as a fo we need new spells bad, but since I am collecting mats and capping all my spells I can live without it if need be for now.

Ether
Nov 30, 2006, 02:08 AM
[B] Update

News on 1UP.com: 0/1
Post by Clumsy: 0/1
Official Site Update: 0/1

Chance of Success: 0%

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 30, 2006, 02:11 AM
Does my PM's battle skill increase the chance of sucsess?

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 30, 2006, 02:13 AM
On 2006-11-29 23:08, Ether wrote:
[B] Update

News on 1UP.com: 0/1
Post by Clumsy: 0/1
Official Site Update: 0/1

Chance of Success: 0%

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif That's clever. Wonder what's the mats for that~

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 30, 2006, 02:15 AM
the site is never updated till afterwards, clumsy never answers directly and well 1up was my shining hope. BUt isnt this game on a 2 week update schedule?

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 30, 2006, 02:18 AM
On 2006-11-29 23:11, ViciousXUSMC wrote:

Increases the chance of better A.I. but not synth chance.

EDIT: Doh' I see. It was part of that joke p_p Darn my informational ignorance~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-11-29 23:22 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 30, 2006, 02:18 AM
On 2006-11-29 23:11, ViciousXUSMC wrote:

Sure. Knock yourself out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OMG new Rare Monster confirmed for NA update this thursday!

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/2710/clipboard03oj3.jpg

The De IGN! I wonder what it drops http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 02:22 AM
One of the mods on the site said there will be no update tomarrow.... and then said nothing else. Everyone thinks it will be on the 14th so guess I'm canceling my account cause this is just ridicoulous

Dihnekis
Nov 30, 2006, 02:26 AM
They will probably get the point in 6 months when 3/4ths of their subscribers are gone.

Gazette
Nov 30, 2006, 02:27 AM
No you're not.

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 02:30 AM
um I just did. and I'm gonna go play battle feild.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-29 23:30 ]</font>

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 30, 2006, 02:32 AM
Increases the chance of better A.I. but not synth chance.

EDIT: Doh' I see. It was part of that joke p_p Darn my informational ignorance~

hahah, usually i always use excessive smileys or somthing when being sarcastic, this time I didnt feel it was needed but I guess it was http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Garnet_Moon
Nov 30, 2006, 02:33 AM
I'm gonna play my My Z-Otome game tomorrow. I've been neglecting it for a while... the hopelessness of the NA launch of PSU is a let down. Maybe Xenosaga 3 will come in the mail from Gamefly? God I can't wait! Momo! Yay! =^o^=

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 02:34 AM
I bet you 20 bucks soemone is gonna turn in their copy of PSU at my bame Stop tomarrow and I'll frown as he turns it in for Tekeen 5 or some thing.

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 02:35 AM
On 2006-11-29 23:33, Garnet_Moon wrote:
I'm gonna play my My Z-Otome game tomorrow. I've been neglecting it for a while... the hopelessness of the NA launch of PSU is a let down. Maybe Xenosaga 3 will come in the mail from Gamefly? God I can't wait! Momo! Yay! =^o^=

O boy are you in for a treat.... I think Xenosaga 3 actualy made me cry... it also made me hate jesus and god. >.>

Garnet_Moon
Nov 30, 2006, 02:36 AM
On 2006-11-29 23:34, Genobee wrote:
I bet you 20 bucks soemone is gonna turn in their copy of PSU at my bame Stop tomarrow and I'll frown as he turns it in for Tekeen 5 or some thing.

You're kidding, right? You'd be lucky to get more than $10 for ANY game that isn't a FPS on the Xbox/360 at Gamestop. Then they go around and sell that same game for $47 used. Retail is $49... LOL dear.

lolgamestop

Dihnekis
Nov 30, 2006, 02:36 AM
On 2006-11-29 23:22, Genobee wrote:
One of the mods on the site said there will be no update tomarrow.... and then said nothing else. Everyone thinks it will be on the 14th so guess I'm canceling my account cause this is just ridicoulous

Yeah, I'm not going to put up with this shit either. Later phantasy star series, I had a lot of fun with you but I guess times change.

I'm not going to get jerked along for my $10 a month. I want everything the japanese have, and I want it next week or I'm gone. Don't give me any bullshit, this is pure greed on Sega's part and it is going to backfire in their faces. The content is there, but if they released it all now people might be done with it in a few months.

Give me one reasonable explanation as to why Sega is withholding content, and don't give me any bullshit about casual gamers. I play a total of about 10 hours a week and I'm already bored as hell. They just want our money, and I for one am not stupid enough to keep getting strung along with promises of more goodies every other week. The content is there, fucking give it to us.

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 02:39 AM
On 2006-11-29 23:36, Garnet_Moon wrote:

You're kidding, right? You'd be lucky to get more than $10 for ANY game that isn't a FPS on the Xbox/360 at Gamestop. Then they go around and sell that same game for $47 used. Retail is $49... LOL dear.

lolgamestop

of course I was kidding tekken 5 isn't even out... but people will still probly turn int here games lol

Stixx
Nov 30, 2006, 02:40 AM
When you think about it...if they released all the content the JP servers have now, how long would it take you to get burned out on that and start whining for new updates? People are going to whine regardless, so I don't see what the big deal is if it doesn't come out tomorrow.

The wait just builds suspense for me and gives me time to level my alt and raise funds for shiny new A rank stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Garnet_Moon
Nov 30, 2006, 02:41 AM
oh it's not? LOL Sorry, my bad.

The only fighting games I enjoy are the Marvel vs Capcom and Guilty Gear series. The rest are just poser trash.

Stixx
Nov 30, 2006, 02:43 AM
On 2006-11-29 23:39, Genobee wrote:

On 2006-11-29 23:36, Garnet_Moon wrote:

lolgamestop

of course I was kidding tekken 5 isn't even out... but people will still probly turn int here games lol

Um...Tekken 5 has been out for over a year >.>

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 02:44 AM
On 2006-11-29 23:40, Stixx wrote:
When you think about it...if they released all the content the JP servers have now, how long would it take you to get burned out on that and start whining for new updates? People are going to whine regardless, so I don't see what the big deal is if it doesn't come out tomorrow.

The wait just builds suspense for me and gives me time to level my alt and raise funds for shiny new A rank stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

No it doesn't it just make people quit the game so whn there are 5 people on UNi one and 3 of them are Bots your gonna notice. Promising updates and then never giving them on time, and burning threw content and bitching for more. are 2 diffrent things.

Stixx
Nov 30, 2006, 02:46 AM
Whoah there turbo, stop counting your chickens before they hatch. Maintenence doesn't start for another 23~ hours. Just wait, mmmk?

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 02:49 AM
seeing as how 1up has said nothing and they are sapose to in advance as they claim, Also CLusmy is in hiding and a MOD on the Forum said NO UPDATE TOMARROW, my chickens have been counted. kthx

nefarious
Nov 30, 2006, 02:49 AM
Are you Japanese?
Do you live in Japan?
Do you subscribe to the Japanese version of PSU, from Japan, on a Japanese ISP?

No?

Then Sega could care less.

lol

Or as the Japanese say...

w

Weak
Nov 30, 2006, 02:54 AM
There really isn't much to it. They have their own update schedule, that they aren't revealing to us.

Be patient, or be scarce.

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Nov 30, 2006, 02:56 AM
At this rate, their player base will be scarce. >_>

Silver_Wyrm
Nov 30, 2006, 02:59 AM
On 2006-11-29 23:54, Weak wrote:
There really isn't much to it. They have their own update schedule, that they aren't revealing to us.

Be patient, or be scarce.

As someone whos been scarce for a reason lately, since the NA release, how many updates have JP recieved as compared to us? I play th egame once every few days now, and Im still out of content, its ridiculous.

Weak
Nov 30, 2006, 02:59 AM
I hope you're right. Perhaps it will lower the dumbass percentage.

Variance
Nov 30, 2006, 03:00 AM
Well, all things considerred, they still have another week or so to make good on their promise of two updates by 12/15. I've stuck around and have yet to complain, but geez, if they can't get out what was a bi-weekly update in a month, I'll have to wonder where my $10 a month is going.

Maskim
Nov 30, 2006, 03:02 AM
Bye. So sorry to see you go. So, once you leave the game, with your respective accounts closing in the coming days, will you quit coming here to bitch and bitch and bitch and never do a god damn thing except moan and whine? Shit, reading these forums sometimes is like dealing with a room of chicks at 'that time of the month', 30 days straight.

If you're going to leave, do it. At least you're doing something, instead of posting for weeks straight about how much you hate it and you're going to leave. That very first day, the very first time any of you thought you hated the game, you should have left right then.

I'm not sitting here saying ST and Sega are gods or anything, and can't do any wrong, because obviously things could have been handled better. For gawdsakes though, what good does all this whining do? Show them. Make a statement. If you think that mass account cancellations will help, then do it. Stop talking about it. In the mean time, let some of us enjoy our damn game.

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 03:03 AM
I rather have my character restarted 3 times and gotten 60 days free and 3 updates before the end of that 60 days, then this bullcrap of sitting with my thumb up may ass after paying 50 bucks for a game and pay sega 10 bucks a month waiting for them to tell me when I can play again. And it still astiunds me people still defend this game, You got fucked and your in denial. enjoy your idiocy

Bleemo
Nov 30, 2006, 03:08 AM
On 2006-11-29 23:40, Stixx wrote:

Seeing everything up and coming for the next half a year(Which I wonder why the hell Sega would even give out that information--they love to kill suspense.), all I'm seeing is the same shit with a different smell. The JP aren't getting any Free Missions until mid December, and we are way off from getting what they have.

More and more I am beginning to think PSU isn't worth my time.

Weak
Nov 30, 2006, 03:09 AM
On 2006-11-30 00:03, Genobee wrote:
I rather have my character restarted 3 times and gotten 60 days free and 3 updates before the end of that 60 days, then this bullcrap of sitting with my thumb up may ass after paying 50 bucks for a game and pay sega 10 bucks a month waiting for them to tell me when I can play again. And it still astiunds me people still defend this game, You got fucked and your in denial. enjoy your idiocy

Genobee, You've stated you hate PSU and its management for quite a long time.

Why are you still here? Are you a masochist? Or maybe it's one of those "train wreck" things where you can't stop watching, but you know it sucks?

Just wondering.

Variance
Nov 30, 2006, 03:10 AM
Genobee, although Maskim's response was unnecessarily mean-spirited, you're not exactly helping by retaliating in such a manner.

Yes, I'm tired of seeing the board filled with complaint threads, and yes, I'm also not very satisfied with how Sega's handling this game. However, you don't see me running around making personal attacks on people just because they have a different opinion. Both of you, please try to keep it clean, for the sake of the board and everyone else.

Maskim
Nov 30, 2006, 03:19 AM
On 2006-11-30 00:03, Genobee wrote:

Had a nice big rant/reply all typed up, but it's just not worth it. It'll just fuel a dwindling fire, and it's not worth it. If you're going to stay, or come back, great, it's a fairly warm community and there'll always be a party with an open spot for you. If you're going to go..well, not to date myself too much here, but..
Don't go away mad.
Just go away.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 30, 2006, 03:20 AM
Xeno3 eh? Xenogears was probably one of my favorite games of all time. I played it and replayed it so many times all the way thru.

Generally when I replay a RPG game its fun at first and I quit 1/2 way thru. Xenogears was diffrent I finished it every time, and its amazing how much of the story you dont understand fully untill you replay it.

XenoSaga.... I was so upset with. I played 1/2 or 3/4 thru it and never beat it the first time. I dont like how it strayed away from the original and also I got stuck somwhere so freakin hard that I die in like 2 hits.

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 03:21 AM
because there is nothing to do but complain, I wouldn't complain if I actualy had a game to play. Instead of this jerk fest with festering idiot fan boys who sit on a sinking ship because he has not self asteam. IF you don't like bitching or sick of compliant threads, don't come to the forum, no one forcing you too. And complaining is doing some thing, by people complaining and showing their distain for the game, new players read the forums and then decide not to sign up for the game and already exsisting playiers hope fully quit, SO once sega notices they fucked up they might change.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-30 00:23 ]</font>

Maskim
Nov 30, 2006, 03:26 AM
It's like you're talking, but all I hear is bitch, bitch, bitch, whine.

Alisha
Nov 30, 2006, 03:27 AM
the last update came on what? the 17th? if today was december 17th i would see your point but its not.

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 03:28 AM
On 2006-11-30 00:27, Alisha wrote:
the last update came on what? the 17th? if today was december 17th i would see your point but its not.

No it's the 14th. Close enough for you?

On 2006-11-30 00:26, Maskim wrote:
It's like you're talking, but all I hear is bitch, bitch, bitch, whine.

yea I don't hear what your saying either because you got sega's dick in your mouth.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-30 00:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-30 00:33 ]</font>

Bleemo
Nov 30, 2006, 03:29 AM
On 2006-11-30 00:21, Genobee wrote:
because there is nothing to do but complain, I wouldn't complain if I actualy had a game to play. Instead of this jerk fest with festering idiot fan boys who sit on a sinking ship because he has not self asteam. IF you don't like bitching or sick of compliant threads, don't come to the forum, no one forcing you too. And complaining is doing some thing, by people complaining and showing their distain for the game, new players read the forums and then decide not to sign up for the game and already exsisting playiers hope fully quit, SO once sega notices they fucked up they might change.

Despite this blubber of tarnished grammar, his first comment has a point.

Right now, there really is nothing to talk about other than complaining or criticizing. Nothing more interesting anyway.

Kind of like the news--what fun is it to talk about the good things that happened today?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bleemo on 2006-11-30 00:29 ]</font>

Maskim
Nov 30, 2006, 03:36 AM
On 2006-11-30 00:28, Genobee wrote:

yea I don't her what your saying either because you got sega's dick in your mouth.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-30 00:29 ]</font>

Yes, that's obviously the problem, because I'm just a rabid fanboy, right? That's why I agree that this game hasn't been handled as well as it could have been, and I too wish for more content...no, the difference is I don't go whining to everyone like a little wannabe martyr about poor pitiful me, and sega's not fair. Go cry to mommy about how unfair it's been and have her buy you a new game to play.

Ludamec
Nov 30, 2006, 03:37 AM
What I honestly don't understand is how Sega intends to extend the games longevity with these pointless updates...I mean seriously..judging from both these boards and the official ones, it is having a terribly opposite effect from what Sega intended...trying to keep the gamers staying for more by releasing trace amounts of content every few weeks or so? Not happening. Instead everyone and they grandmother are cancelling their accounts until the new content is released...

Then theres the assumption that people will burn through all of the content at once and then ask for more? Wtf? IIRC back when PSO came out on GC..Over for the 4000+ hours I logged on 6 characters, I don't ever.EVER recall anyone bitching about lack of content...We got all the content that was available to us all at once;by purchasing the game. PSO came with everything at once, and look how popular it became. The Aura Fields, the DF Fields, The Yasminkovs, the Sange and Yashas, the P-wands. The elite mags. Everyone had a different goal set with different characters and there was ALWAYS something to hunt for...has everyone forgotten why PSO was so sexy? It was burning the midnight oil, doing that 1 more run, splitting that one last slime in hopes for that lavis or P-wand, all within the company of close friends. What I'm trying to say is that...contrary to what alot of people think, we will*at the very least me* NOT get bored if everything was released at once.

Also judging from what I read over on the official boards...Do some people think they can actually find and craft all those 10*+ rares in a week or something? Hell no, people also seem to have forgotten how beast the drop rates were in PSO, does syncesta ring a bell? How about Sealed J-Sword? Yea, in one way, shape or form, the crazy drops will be back. They existed to make things rare and to artificially extend the game*which worked out REAL well mind you*.

All I'm saying is, PSO was fine the way it was *excluding the cheating*. I realize that PSO is not PSU but you know what, people will always refer PSU to PSO because they are both phantasy star anyway you look at it. What saddens me the most is that people can sit there in their computer chairs and say in their right mind that PSO is better than PSU...even though PSU is still going through its fetal development stages.

As an avid veteran of PSO for 6 years running, I can dangle off PSO's nuts long enough to see that PSU is in fact the superior game. The gameplay, environments, customization, and in a few cases the music*neudaiz>>all*. The ONLY thing hurting it right now is lack of content..which will come in time..its just sad to see Sega not take the same approach with PSU as PSO*content wise*..then maybe..JUST maybe..people would be able to go that 1 more run.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 30, 2006, 03:40 AM
Play less and it wont be so bad, I have been lvl 49 for like 4 days.

Playing 2 games when I get off work, then watching anime and going to bed.

Its just a game, not a life. So remember you have one and get outside some or somthing.

PSO is (well PSU) is great because its just a pick up and play game, not so emersive like World of Warcraft or FFXI. Those games require you to sit at your computer for hours forming parties, working thru dungions ect ect.. Sure they have crap loads of content but you end up having a 2nd life on the game and forgeting about the important one.

PSU and PSO are best taken in small amounts like you would a regular game. Say Mario World or somthing. Pick it up beat some stages spend an hour or two at max to break up bordom or pass free time.

Thats how games are supposed to be, the MMORPG world has broken the rules and created a whole new society of internet addicts and no lifes. Dont become one of them one day you will regret it.

Those who are too obsessed with lvl caps, items, content ect ect are obsessed with the game and its world and are giving it too much importance.

10$ a month is nothing BTW a movie is like 7$ take your girlfriend and pay for her that 14$. That movie will entertain you for maybe 2 hours.

If you play the game for one hour a day for 30 days thats 15 movies you just saw for 10$... lets not even get into the food cost of a movie or the gas to drive there.

Point Blank: Games are just a form of entertainment, just like music or movies treat them as such.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-30 00:42 ]</font>

Maskim
Nov 30, 2006, 03:45 AM
On 2006-11-30 00:40, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
Play less and it wont be so bad, I have been lvl 49 for like 4 days.

Playing 2 games when I get off work, then watching anime and going to bed.

Its just a game, not a life. So remember you have one and get outside some or somthing.

PSO is (well PSU) is great because its just a pick up and play game, not so emersive like World of Warcraft or FFXI. Those games require you to sit at your computer for hours forming parties, working thru dungions ect ect.. Sure they have crap loads of content but you end up having a 2nd life on the game and forgeting about the important one.

PSU and PSO are best taken in small amounts like you would a regular game. Say Mario World or somthing. Pick it up beat some stages spend an hour or two at max to break up bordom or pass free time.

Thats how games are supposed to be, the MMORPG world has broken the rules and created a whole new society of internet addicts and no lifes. Dont become one of them one day you will regret it.

Those who are too obsessed with lvl caps, items, content ect ect are obsessed with the game and its world and are giving it too much importance.

10$ a month is nothing BTW a movie is like 7$ take your girlfriend and pay for her that 14$. That movie will entertain you for maybe 2 hours.

If you play the game for one hour a day for 30 days thats 15 movies you just saw for 10$... lets not even get into the food cost of a movie or the gas to drive there.

Point Blank: Games are just a form of entertainment, just like music or movies treat them as such.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-30 00:42 ]</font>

I couldn't agree more. Even if you play more than just an hour or two a day, or you're the 1 hour a night gamer, with much more on the weekends, or even the all day/all night every day gamer.. it's just a game. Enjoy it. If you don't, then go find one that you do. It's that simple.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 30, 2006, 03:56 AM
It happens because people are competitive and also its nice to be able to do somthing in a fake world that you cant do in the real one.

In real life you may be stuck at some dead end job making minimum wage and know your not going much further but hey in a MMORPG you are the most talked about guy, you have the best weapons, your highly respected, ect ect. That causes people to become addicted and play too much.

But one day everybody that gets into this kind of mindset will have a revolation and relize OMG all that time I put into that game was a waist... because its just a game. I may have the best weapon in the game, and be the highest level but thats all just digital numbers and some pixels on a screen.

Weather you do 6000 damage per hit or 6 damage per hit in the game changes nothing in real life, its still a game and your still spending your time playing it, so as long as your having fun its all good (as the person above me said)

What will happen uventully tho is you will relize that the 6 hours+ a day you were gaming, you could have been working out and in great shape, or gotten a better job, or even worked a 2nd job, get a tan, meet people. Things that make a diffrence.

Bleemo
Nov 30, 2006, 03:58 AM
On 2006-11-30 00:37, Ludamec wrote:
What I honestly don't understand is how Sega intends to extend the games longevity with these pointless updates...I mean seriously..judging from both these boards and the official ones, it is having a terribly opposite effect from what Sega intended...trying to keep the gamers staying for more by releasing trace amounts of content every few weeks or so? Not happening. Instead everyone and they grandmother are cancelling their accounts until the new content is released...

Then theres the assumption that people will burn through all of the content at once and then ask for more? Wtf? IIRC back when PSO came out on GC..Over for the 4000+ hours I logged on 6 characters, I don't ever.EVER recall anyone bitching about lack of content...We got all the content that was available to us all at once;by purchasing the game. PSO came with everything at once, and look how popular it became. The Aura Fields, the DF Fields, The Yasminkovs, the Sange and Yashas, the P-wands. The elite mags. Everyone had a different goal set with different characters and there was ALWAYS something to hunt for...has everyone forgotten why PSO was so sexy? It was burning the midnight oil, doing that 1 more run, splitting that one last slime in hopes for that lavis or P-wand, all within the company of close friends. What I'm trying to say is that...contrary to what alot of people think, we will*at the very least me* NOT get bored if everything was released at once.

Also judging from what I read over on the official boards...Do some people think they can actually find and craft all those 10*+ rares in a week or something? Hell no, people also seem to have forgotten how beast the drop rates were in PSO, does syncesta ring a bell? How about Sealed J-Sword? Yea, in one way, shape or form, the crazy drops will be back. They existed to make things rare and to artificially extend the game*which worked out REAL well mind you*.

All I'm saying is, PSO was fine the way it was *excluding the cheating*. I realize that PSO is not PSU but you know what, people will always refer PSU to PSO because they are both phantasy star anyway you look at it. What saddens me the most is that people can sit there in their computer chairs and say in their right mind that PSO is better than PSU...even though PSU is still going through its fetal development stages.

As an avid veteran of PSO for 6 years running, I can dangle off PSO's nuts long enough to see that PSU is in fact the superior game. The gameplay, environments, customization, and in a few cases the music*neudaiz>>all*. The ONLY thing hurting it right now is lack of content..which will come in time..its just sad to see Sega not take the same approach with PSU as PSO*content wise*..then maybe..JUST maybe..people would be able to go that 1 more run.

Actually, PSO had locked content, but it wasn't in the abundance PSU has. Though, for argument's sake, I will just go with your analysis.

ST's decision to release the majority of their content wasn't a smart one--after the bigger MMO's were released, anyway. You're right in a sense that there was always something to hunt for, but that was because PSO was a loot driven game. PSU, however, is different. In my analysis, they designed PSU to be more of a content driven game, but it has been failing--miserably.

There were many clear reasons as to why PSO became unpopular after the release of the bigger MMO's, and hacking wasn't one of those clear reasons. PSO wasn't a very good game at it's core, which was why it was unpopular, but it had an element to it that drew certain crowds in. PSO was indeed a game to talk about back when it was released on DC, but once greener pastures were released, people migrated.

This was because PSO had very little to offer content-wise, where the other, newer MMO's had a load more content available to the player. Since then, content has become a core factor in MMORPG interest--which in my opinion is why ST headed more into the content area when designing PSU. However, again, Sega has been failing(Even though PSU is an asian MMO and was directed toward the Japanese gamer whose interests are a tad different than western gamer's.) in that department. Players expect content now when they look at online RPG's--PSU doesn't deliver that, enough of it at least.

If you want proof of that, look back when DC PSO was first released. We did not have very many online RPG's back then, so PSO was put into an alternative option to the ever-popular Diablo 2--when you look back at these two, look at them like you look at WoW and Guild Wars now. Since then, PSO has been outclassed as games offered what PSO had and more. PSU has been, for the most part, a PSO replica in terms of content. It simply doesn't work like that anymore, at least for western gamers.

If ST released all of their content at once, in this day and age of MMORPG's, it will be severely outclassed to the point not many will play the game on the western hemisphere of the world. People, right now, are simply driven by the expectation of new content, which is why they are continuing to play. At least most of them.

However, that new content isn't very promising to change much, which is why I believe PSU in general will fail to attract western gamers. Especially how Sega keeps killing suspense with having implemented offline mode and announcements of what they will be releasing content-wise for the next six months.

Weakness
Nov 30, 2006, 04:05 AM
On 2006-11-30 00:56, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
It happens because people are competitive and also its nice to be able to do somthing in a fake world that you cant do in the real one.

In real life you may be stuck at some dead end job making minimum wage and know your not going much further but hey in a MMORPG you are the most talked about guy, you have the best weapons, your highly respected, ect ect. That causes people to become addicted and play too much.

But one day everybody that gets into this kind of mindset will have a revolation and relize OMG all that time I put into that game was a waist... because its just a game. I may have the best weapon in the game, and be the highest level but thats all just digital numbers and some pixels on a screen.

Weather you do 6000 damage per hit or 6 damage per hit in the game changes nothing in real life, its still a game and your still spending your time playing it, so as long as your having fun its all good (as the person above me said)

What will happen uventully tho is you will relize that the 6 hours+ a day you were gaming, you could have been working out and in great shape, or gotten a better job, or even worked a 2nd job, get a tan, meet people. Things that make a diffrence.

In this respect you could look at it in a more morbid aspect and think "What is the point of working out, getting money, getting a tan if we all come out dead in the end?"

The simple truth is people will do what makes them most happy, and if sitting down and playing a game for 6 hours a day to get that piece of equipment you want does it... then they have every right to do it and get that happiness someone else might get doing something else.

You can lable people losers, say they have no life, or whatever based on what they do. But the simple truth is they do what makes them happy, and you have no right to degrade that in any way. Too bad people can't actually obey the whole "Judge not" thing.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 30, 2006, 04:09 AM
Such big posts XD some people are letting off some steam it seems.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 30, 2006, 04:11 AM
Im not judging anybody, but siitting at your computer playing a game all day is not good for you any doctor can tell you that. Its bad for your health http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Let the game addict and the martial artist or gym rat get into a fight and see who wins http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Its nice to know when I go to a bar for a drink that 95% of the poplation cant stand a chance against me in a fight if they picked one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I dont go to the gym anymore, I dont do martial arts anymore, and I play games with most of my freetime so i am not judging or looking down at anybody.

I dont care how you argue it or how you state it, spending your time earning virtual items and doing virtual things instead of things in real life is a waist of time. It may make the person happy but they accomplished nothing. The things I listed above are things that will do somthing for you.

Be it live longer, or be in good health. Or just have more money so you can have more things in life.

lets not forget about when your old and rotting and didnt plan ahead for retirment, or medical insurance things like that require you to look ahead and plan.

Your not gonna be able to afford your meds and hoverround power chair with your in game meseta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif trust me.

Valius
Nov 30, 2006, 04:13 AM
On 2006-11-30 00:58, Bleemo wrote:

Actually, PSO had locked content, but it wasn't in the abundance PSU has. Though, for argument's sake, I will just go with your analysis.

ST's decision to release the majority of their content wasn't a smart one--after the bigger MMO's were released, anyway. You're right in a sense that there was always something to hunt for, but that was because PSO was a loot driven game. PSU, however, is different. In my analysis, they designed PSU to be more of a content driven game, but it has been failing--miserably.

There were many clear reasons as to why PSO became unpopular after the release of the bigger MMO's, and hacking wasn't one of those clear reasons. PSO wasn't a very good game at it's core, which was why it was unpopular, but it had an element to it that drew certain crowds in. PSO was indeed a game to talk about back when it was released on DC, but once greener pastures were released, people migrated.

This was because PSO had very little to offer content-wise, where the other, newer MMO's had a load more content available to the player. Since then, content has become a core factor in MMORPG interest--which in my opinion is why ST headed more into the content area when designing PSU. However, again, Sega has been failing(Even though PSU is an asian MMO and was directed toward the Japanese gamer whose interests are a tad different than western gamer's.) in that department. Players expect content now when they look at online RPG's--PSU doesn't deliver that, enough of it at least.

If you want proof of that, look back when DC PSO was first released. We did not have very many online RPG's back then, so PSO was put into an alternative option to the ever-popular Diablo 2--when you look back at these two, look at them like you look at WoW and Guild Wars now. Since then, PSO has been outclassed as games offered what PSO had and more. PSU has been, for the most part, a PSO replica in terms of content. It simply doesn't work like that anymore, at least for western gamers.

If ST released all of their content at once, in this day and age of MMORPG's, it will be severely outclassed to the point not many will play the game on the western hemisphere of the world. People, right now, are simply driven by the expectation of new content, which is why they are continuing to play. At least most of them.

However, that new content isn't very promising to change much, which is why I believe PSU in general will fail to attract western gamers. Especially how Sega keeps killing suspense with having implemented offline mode and announcements of what they will be releasing content-wise for the next six months.

[/quote]

Thank you Bleemo for making a point that was actually well thought out and civil.

Weakness
Nov 30, 2006, 04:18 AM
Well what I was getting at was that there really isn't a point to doing all those things in real life either. I guess I just look at things in a different light then most, but I don't really see any true point to life.

Sure you can get fancy things, sure you can be stronger then someone else, but what does it prove? That you are some how better then them?

I am a firm believer in the fact that everyone is equal. Nothing you do in this life makes a difference other then how you feel.

I'm an EMT and trying to become a Fire Fighter because it makes me feel good trying to save others. Granted anyone who knows me will tell you how much of a jackass I am and how I rave and rant about human ignorance all the time. But for some reason helping all those people I loath makes me feel a little better about myself.

But to get to the point, do what makes you happy. Despite what people may think or see as a waste of time. Because in your eyes it brings you that brief moment of happiness, be it real or not. How is playing a game any less productive then reading a book, or working out, or trying to make money? Happiness is the only true currency in this world.

TalanRozkou
Nov 30, 2006, 04:25 AM
I haven't played in two weeks, and this will probably be my last post in here. peace

Maskim
Nov 30, 2006, 04:26 AM
On 2006-11-30 01:25, TalanRozkou wrote:
I haven't played in two weeks, and this will probably be my last post in here. peace

Later. Take it easy, man.

MORB
Nov 30, 2006, 04:38 AM
On 2006-11-29 18:41, Dr_Lantis wrote:
Why not take all your gripes directly to SOA? If SOA received complaints about PSU (and many of SOA's flaws) en masse, then maybe SEGA may give their American audience more credit. Sure it seems like a chance in hell of SOA giving a damn about us, but it's worth a try, is it not?

Writing them a very stern letter isn't going to do anything.
If you want them to recognize your problem with the game as being their problem, cancel your subscriptions en masse.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 30, 2006, 05:10 AM
remember if your quting to sell your stuff to us cheap ! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

lordzanon
Nov 30, 2006, 05:50 AM
Vicious does have a point. I been a gamer since games actually started comming out, im 30 now, i have a wife and 2 children and gameing is my hobby, however i do not stick to much time in it.
There was a time when i did however, and it does affect your life as whole, if your sticking 6 hours a day playing games you do have a serious problem.

Not only you develope health issues but also social issues, you strat to deprive to yourswlf phisical contact with yorr love ones around you or that special person in your life. We thrive off emotional contact and as soon as were deprived from it we become major asshats.
if i were to play 6+ hours a day to get the best of the best and be the best of the best, that means i have deprived my daughter some time we could have spent together or my son, it means im denying time i could have spent with my wife or visit family members.

There are only 24 hours in a day. For me 8 to 12 hours will mean ill be at work, and to get there and back will add another hour, then i normally sleep 6 hours a day. this means i have from 5 to 9 hours to do rl things on which i do not play games on my 12 hour shifts and play 2 hours to 3 tops on my games, the rest goes to doing rl things that need to be done.

if your playing 6hours or more that means you dont to 1 of the following.
you do not socialize (spend time to find a girlfriend/boyfriend, family or rl friends)
you dont have a job, or you have a job but work 4 to 6 hours a day.
your depriving your girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband time or not spending time with the kids you have.
24 hours you need 6 to 8 hours of sleep, 9 hours youll spend at a ft job(getting there n back) 6 hours of gaming leaves you with 1 to 3 hours to do rl things like bathing ,eating ect. if you have a partner, they will be under the impression you only want em for yuor personal desires then back to gaming, thus you will get dumped sooner or later.

I do spend times playing games with my daughter, she might play psu wile im doing stuff or we play on the ds for a bit, im letting her enjoy what gaming has to offer but not overdoing it. it does pity me when i do go to a rinos or gamestop to see whats out there and see a teenager quite yelloish from not going outside, either to obesse or to darn thin and lack any social skill , how they burst out talking about the thing they only know, games, which quickly points out their desperate need to socialize but fail to do so, they then lock themselves up once again in a vitrual world where only others like them can understand em. (saw a poor teen come up to me to talk about games as i was getting antoehr controller for the nintendo wii, speaking how harsh ff x was about enemies poisoning him and he couldnt beat the game, i proceede to pay for the controllers and the boy keeps talking when no ones around him it can get that bad)

i can understand people frustrated at this game not getting updated as promised, however you must not take it as if someone just dumped you. theres other things that are better in life and while i may be a gamer till i drop dead, its not gonna get the best of me. It did once (ffxi damn you have to be so damn long to get somthing done) made me play more that i could, and put a dent into my marrige.

Only advise i can give you guys who do love the ps games is to either deprive sega from your hard earned cash. There are tons of other games out there that are worth playing. If you play for the kicks of online entertainment, then you definantly need to get out of your room more often if you need to socialize.

DeRolLe
Nov 30, 2006, 05:54 AM
On 2006-11-30 01:11, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
Let the game addict and the martial artist or gym rat get into a fight and see who wins http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Its nice to know when I go to a bar for a drink that 95% of the poplation cant stand a chance against me in a fight if they picked one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I dont care how you argue it or how you state it, spending your time earning virtual items and doing virtual things instead of things in real life is a waist of time. It may make the person happy but they accomplished nothing. The things I listed above are things that will do somthing for you.

Don't take this the wrong way, but these comments really hacked me off. First of all, who gives a damn who can beat up who? Besides, a trained martial artist or boxer is going to take out MOST people, not just gamers, so what the heck does that have to do with anything?

Getting into fights is far less healthy than playing video games 6 hours a day. I fall right in line with the average gamer (30 something), and I find it easy to make the time to play. I work from home, so I can play a bit here and there and trust me, I'm not hurting for retirement funds ><.

Secondly, meeting people is easy to accomplish in these games, I've met and cultivated real world friendships with many of the good people I've gotten to know online.

Some people have different goals in life than you do, some people are happy to take things one day at a time. If they choose to do so, you have absolutely no right whatsoever to tell them they are wrong for doing so.

And to turn the mirror to you: How much money a month do you blow when you go out drinking? A couple of decent brews a week, say 3 on friday to saturday night to (bout 2-3 bucks a pop) and you could have picked up a game, not even counting the possibility of that thirsty female you see in the corner, or the cover charge you paid, or the minimum drink limit, or the gas/cab/subway you took to get there. And last time I checked, drinking wasn't exactly the healthiest of activities either.

I'm sure your a decent fellow, (despite being an ex jarhead) but I have to restate, you have no right to tell other folks what t do or how to live thier lives. All work and no play makes for a dull life.

/endrant
/buys a beer for all of drinking age

lordzanon
Nov 30, 2006, 06:03 AM
i believe that vicious was only trying to point out that theres much more to do out there, and not to make a tantrum over a game.

Shoryu
Nov 30, 2006, 06:04 AM
Someone who brags about fighting prowess on the internet : Insecure.

On Topic : I hope the update comes, but wouldnt be surprised if it didn't.

Zhakel
Nov 30, 2006, 06:05 AM
People don't know how to pace themselves nowadays. You're all ruining a good thing by trying to blow through all the missions and reach that next level. Feed your PM, level a different type, create a new character, start crafting useful shit... gawd, PSO was a grind fest, not PSU. It only is one if you make it that.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 30, 2006, 06:17 AM
believe that vicious was only trying to point out that theres much more to do out there, and not to make a tantrum over a game.

Yeah I may have gotten deeper into it than I needed but thats the point, the 2nd point being that I belive most of the people that are incredibly upset with the lack of content have placed too much time and/or importance in the game.

Society as a whole is going down the tube, do you know they just recently added "video game addiction" as an offical mental health issue??? thats a joke!

Wisdom truly does come with age, and most often we dont realize what mistakes we have made untill its too late.

Zhakel is correct too, there is more to the game than just the content, there is the social side of things (even tho it doesnt seem nearly as good to me as PSO was granted I play at odd hours usually)

You can be a "merchant" now and just buy/sell/craft things.

You can go and help lower lvl players out

And I bet most max lvl chars havnt capped all there skills yet wich is what I am trying to do now as a force.

lordzanon
Nov 30, 2006, 06:26 AM
my char sami ver2 is only lvl 23 and i had this game since launch, already the eu players surpassed me in lvl and this week i dont even have time to get online. but i do have time for a boxing match with my ol pops on the wii.

Ruby-chan
Nov 30, 2006, 06:33 AM

That kind of attitude is a good way to get yourself shot. :/ If someone wanted to hurt you why would they get in a fist fight with you when they can just get a nice hunting rifle, prop up in a tree, and shoot you while you get the morning paper?

Just saying, if you're looking around to get into fights with people someones going to be armed and it's going to be messy. :/

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 30, 2006, 06:33 AM
got the wi eh? how do you like it?

lordzanon
Nov 30, 2006, 06:35 AM
On 2006-11-30 03:33, Ruby-chan wrote:

That kind of attitude is a good way to get yourself shot. :/ If someone wanted to hurt you why would they get in a fist fight with you when they can just get a nice hunting rifle, prop up in a tree, and shoot you while you get the morning paper?

Just saying, if you're looking around to get into fights with people someones going to be armed and it's going to be messy. :/

no not reneck style. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 30, 2006, 06:37 AM
Because in bars you dont carry rifles and drunk people love to pick fights.

I am a former bartender I know this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif and I was a bouncer for that same bar.

Anybody heard of the show COPS? My bar has been on that show... twice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I have had a gun pulled on me before, the guy even had freakin hollow points with mecury in them? (drug dealer) but I am good at working my way out of situations like that and I have my weapons licence + alot more weapons training than your run of the mill thug.

ever seen one of these?

http://www.uspharmd.com/usmc/images/rifle_expert.jpg

that goes on my uniform and I am proud of it.

Dont get me wrong I dont pick fights (well not anymore...) But I do defend myself.

Honest to god most dangerous place I have ever been (besides combat in the marines) is on the roads here in florida http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif people cant drive for crap (been rear ended at like 45mph while stoped at a red light) and road rage is becomming more and more common.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-30 03:41 ]</font>

lordzanon
Nov 30, 2006, 06:46 AM
wii is a darn new way for gaming, and a good way to bring the family together.

Valius
Nov 30, 2006, 06:53 AM
I feel compelled to interject, that anything in excess can be bad . Too much physical activity can strain or injury the body, artists or scientists can become so involved in their work they become relusive, heck you can even die from drinking too much water! So, all things in moderation, even games.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 30, 2006, 06:53 AM
yeah thats why I have all the nintendo systems, for the group games. My gamecube just collects dust untill I throw a party or somthing then its break out 4 controllers and Super Bomberman, Mario Kart, Mario Party, and SUPER SMASH BROTHERS!!.

Just threw a big party here at the hotel for halloween not long ago we had like 600$ woth of alchohol 2 rooms and like 40 people... know what the big thing was??? the game cube with that new naruto game lol (its 4 players too)

guess my friends are all game dorks, and dude this one girl was better than most of the guys! me and her on a team were killing everybody.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 30, 2006, 06:55 AM
its called hyperlutrimia http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I think they gave it to me like 4x in the marines forcing us to drink like 16 canteens of water when we were in the desert training stuff.

it washes out all your salts and stuff like that.

Also people become dehydrated easier in cold wather rather than hot, you might like to know that. (the opposite of hyperlutrimia)

and yes of course anything in excess is bad, once had a fun time with my girl for like... 8 hours lol she couldnt walk for 2 days.

lordzanon
Nov 30, 2006, 06:58 AM
oh i cant wait for the next smash bros, get all my cousins over and get into a blisterfest, well this times it will be an arm killer fest. I was quite doubtful of the wii at 1st till i tried it. Get DBz for the kids , cousins and my daughters friends. (got a tightnit comunnity where i live) zeldas a blast also, hope more good games come out soon.