PDA

View Full Version : How long do you plan on playing PSU for?

Eternal_Drake
Nov 29, 2006, 08:20 PM
As soon as my 30 (+15) days are gone, so am I. How long until you jump off the mantrain?

Carbinne
Nov 29, 2006, 08:22 PM
Can I have your stuff?

Randomness
Nov 29, 2006, 08:24 PM
I ended up going for bargain and taking the 180, I'll be with it for a while.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 29, 2006, 08:24 PM
Now that you asked, no.

Ether
Nov 29, 2006, 08:25 PM
I'm a retard who bought 6 month subscription http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I'll be here a while

MaKaVeLi_X
Nov 29, 2006, 08:25 PM
probly 1 month after this one, unless the content is alot better.

Carbinne
Nov 29, 2006, 08:27 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:24, Eternal_Drake wrote:
Now that you asked, no.

Oh well, just figured I'd ask.

AeraLure
I bought the 6 month as well. I honestly dont know how to answer the poll though.

Choja
Because God loves it when you pop up this question a day before a maintenance/unexcused update/all say damn you sega.
I'm on 180 (+30) day mode too.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 29, 2006, 08:28 PM
My subscription is up December 6th; the day before maintenence. If 1up or Sega has no info on an update that thursday, i'm out. I don't know what i'll do, but it sure as hell won't be anywhere near PSU, that's for sure.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 29, 2006, 08:30 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:27, Choja wrote:
Because God loves it when you pop up this question a day before a maintenance/unexcused update/all say damn you sega.
I'm on 180 (+30) day mode too.

Oh, I don't care if we already had the update, I just despise playing the game, its just a long drag.

MXdude
Nov 29, 2006, 08:31 PM
stuck on here for 180 days http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

meh, If better content comes out then i wont feel dumb for doing that :-/

If content sucks....ack nuuu! Might go try out WoW again after only playing it for a month or so a year ago.

Choja
Nov 29, 2006, 08:34 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:31, MXdude wrote:
stuck on here for 180 days http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

meh, If better content comes out then i wont feel dumb for doing that :-/

If content sucks....ack nuuu! Might go try out WoW again after only playing it for a month or so a year ago.

This is asking for Sega to go
"sorry we lucked out on you. we just found the key to the door. *ka-click* THERE YOU HAVE IT *holy shit cool updates*"
Gotta love those surprise endings. Gives something a little ZIIING!

hucast21
Nov 29, 2006, 08:35 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:28, Garnet_Moon wrote:
My subscription is up December 6th; the day before maintenence. If 1up or Sega has no info on an update that thursday, i'm out. I don't know what i'll do, but it sure as hell won't be anywhere near PSU, that's for sure.

Same here.

lokijam
Nov 29, 2006, 08:38 PM
zomg, this game will be so much better when all u cry babys go. Please do us a favor and go so we dont have to sift thru all your lame-ass posts about how bad the game is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lokijam on 2006-11-29 17:40 ]</font>

Eternal_Drake
Nov 29, 2006, 08:39 PM
On 2006-11-29 17:38, lokijam wrote:
zomg, this game will be so much better when all u cry babys go. Pleas do us a favor and go so we dont have so sift thru all your lame-ass post about how bad the gane is.

Thank you for making a completely off-topic flame post, I'm sure you are a valued member of the community.

hucast21
Nov 29, 2006, 08:47 PM
zomg, this game will be so much better when all u cry babys go. Please do us a favor and go so we dont have to sift thru all your lame-ass posts about how bad the game is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lokijam on 2006-11-29 17:40 ]</font>

Yes and in a couple of months you'll barely see anyone. Have fun trying to find a party, hope you like soloing.

There comes a point that it's not about content anymore, it's about the principle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucast21 on 2006-11-29 17:47 ]</font>

MXdude
Nov 29, 2006, 08:51 PM

1. This topic isnt about the quality of the game.
2. No one is crying about the quality of the game.
3. The majority of the people that dont like this game as much as you, dont like it because they are unsatisfied with SEGA's content distribution, not because the game sucks.

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 08:56 PM
Don't you guys get it? We are the "Lab Mice" of PSU. We willingly joined early, and we knew stuff like this could happen. Leave, go ahead. It wouldn't make an impact. People will continue to join regardless of that.

You could enjoy you run on the earlier days of PSU, or despise them.

I personally want to stay, just to tell all the new people that join, in an old man voice: "Back in my day, we had to use B rank weapons. And we didn't have Gi level spells! Ohh, and I remember that content drought, we lost a lot of good people then."

Besides, the subscription is only around $10 a month.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 29, 2006, 08:58 PM
How big is the pool of people that actually want to play that havent gotten it yet? Not too large I assume, especially after they hear all the rants by disgruntled ex-players.

ChocoboChad
Nov 29, 2006, 09:03 PM
loki, it's not like I'm wishing them away, but I'd still wish they'd stop complaining.

I'll quit Whenever.

Ruby-chan
Nov 29, 2006, 09:05 PM
It's pretty much a downhill trend from here on out Ryoki. Just look back at he history of the games it's a predictable pattern.

MXdude
Nov 29, 2006, 09:05 PM
I agree with Eternal_Drake on this one. We wont be seeing any large sums of people joining PSU(Australia will give us 5 people) The population will only go down. Its sad but true. I wish we still had 4 lobbys full of people....but SEGA just isnt quenching our thirst for content, so in turn people are leaving.

Eternal_Drake
Nov 29, 2006, 09:09 PM
Much like George Carlin, I love seeing things go to shit, so I'm excited about the state of the game at the moment. It would be hilarious when universe 1 goes down to an average of 3 stars.

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2006, 09:10 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:09, Eternal_Drake wrote:
Much like George Carlin, I love seeing things go to shit, so I'm excited about the state of the game at the moment. It would be hilarious when universe 1 goes down to an average of 3 stars.

Dude, you are freaking me out...
You like to see things suffer... O_o

MXdude
Nov 29, 2006, 09:11 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:09, Eternal_Drake wrote:

although that is totaly lame of you, it will eventualy end up at that.

-Shimarisu-
Nov 29, 2006, 09:13 PM
Why don't you people just get banned.

Hey, I told one detractor to, he was nice enough to flame and flame until he did. Obedient guy. Why can't you be more like him?

Eternal_Drake
Nov 29, 2006, 09:14 PM
On 2006-11-29 18:13, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Why don't you people just get banned.

Hey, I told one detractor to, he was nice enough to flame and flame until he did. Obedient guy. Why can't you be more like him?

Thank you for contributing an on-topic post to the thread.

HiKeRI
Nov 29, 2006, 09:18 PM
It'll die someday, but i'am sure that SEGA will notice there bad choices and end up doing better in the future, then "maybe" more people will join up.

SailorDaravon
Nov 29, 2006, 09:33 PM
I'm going to give it another month or two. If we're consistently lagging behind schedule and/or not getting updates (holidays for example), I'm going to drop the game like a bad habit though. The game itself is a blast, but we're totally getting raped content wise as compared to the Japanese. The fact that we never got Halloween and have yet to get Fall is a very very bad sign.

DoubleJG
Nov 29, 2006, 09:36 PM
I voted forever because I'll be online for atleast a year. I plan to experience all of the holidays and special events down the line.

If I end up quitting, my current guess would be...1-3years from now because of either money or school issues. I highly doubt I'll ditch PSU for a different online game.

Pandatron
Nov 29, 2006, 10:52 PM
Sega's got till Dec. 9th to give me a reason to stay for content. I mean don't get me wrong i've enjoyed and the time i've invested in it so far but it seems like there spending far too much time focusing on keeping the JP populatoin up to date and leaving us in the dust. I mean yes given they have 2 worlds which are probably full due to the popularity there but the lack of updates compare to us can be a bit depriving. That and favortism which is never a good thing x.x. Anywho here's my list of stays and leaves.

Stays:

1) Community is uber friendly for the most part and that's one thing i do enjoy, the ability to walk in random areas and almsot find someone i know (which also frieghtens me). Plus the EU people you guys rock i mean i've yet to meet one that wasn't incredible polite o.o.
2) Sunk cost/Escalation of commitment i mean i got a lvl: 50 i wanna see what havoc can be unleashed. That and after waiting 2 years for this game to come out i have high hopes in it.
3) The economic system involve with upgrading system i enjoy. No endless raiding system hoping an item drops or sitting around for a the 'right' party to go lvl or farm something. Nope if you wanna farm you can solo if you get bored farming, farm and talk with a friend xD.
4) Currently right now it's the cheapest MMO out on the market and seeing how i swore to myself long ago "I will never play an mmo because i don't see the point of paying something i own unless it's less than 10 dollars a month" Sega got me x.x. A personal reason but i stick to my promise ^_^;;;.
5) So far i've actually enjoyed what i played so far and if it was just standalone game with just this for a while i wouldn't mind. I mean heck GC PSO 7 dungs ftw!. Just paced myself in unlocking and finding out stuff difficult to do in this game compared to PSO ^_^;;;.

Leave:
1) Lack of content and speed of content, not overall but rather comparing to JP i mean some can debate were following there schedule but at the same time though it seems once again left behind.
2) My connection here is crap thus i solo for the most part (didn't solo to all the way to 50 thank god), thus that's no fun.
3) Aside from new missions and raised lvl caps its starting to feel more and more like PSO a huge grind fest. I love grind fest but at least there was the occasional take your character to story mode and play for a bit. For this you gotta start fresh good thing sure, until you hit extra mode and everything is broken and uncomparable to online x.x. I just feel that this game is going to break down to nothing but lvling and missions with very little inbetween.
4) This is probably due to my own stubbornness but i feel that newmans forces will be lacking. I mean beast have transformation, cast have SUV, and yes humans and newmans get crea weapons but seriously crea rods and wands, just the lack of information involving any item that promotes newmans disappoints me.
5) More free time, i would like to see what would happen to my schedule if i didn't spend 'x' hours a day mindlessly grinding PM and tech lvls xD.

Thus you have my thoughts on the sitution i'm sure some have already been expressed if not oh well more things for others to consider.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 29, 2006, 10:53 PM
At least a year, maybe longer.

Dihnekis
Nov 30, 2006, 02:32 AM
I'd like to be playing this game a year from now... but there is no way in hell I'm going to be if something doesn't change drastically. I absolutely loved PSO, which is the reason I'm so pissed about how much this game sucks.

Face it, the game sucks as it is now. It would have sucked if it came out 2 years ago. This is 200 fucking 6, you can't pull this shit and expect anyone but the most hardcore of fanboys to stick around for long.

I tried so hard to like it, but one after another sega's fuckups piled on. I've been a phantasy star fan since v2 on the dreamcast, and I've always loved Sonic Team's other games as well. This is just pathetic though.

I may have been too harsh... the game isn't awful, it just could have easily been far, far better if sega had put in a little goddamn effort.

Remedy
Nov 30, 2006, 02:35 AM
Some point after I have six of those Psycho Wand rods pictured in that other topic.

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 02:37 AM
Um till tomarrow because Battlefeild came in the mail, and now thats theirs not gonna be an update un till december 14th, yea I'm canceling my subscription.

industrial
Nov 30, 2006, 02:43 AM
PSU is a stop gap between FFXI and Vanguard. I'll prob play on and off depending on how good sega is about adding new cool stuff.

juno-6
Nov 30, 2006, 03:01 AM
i honestly see myself playing this game for the next 6 years of my life unless a truly next-gen looking mmo comes out that isn't based in a lotr type setting or when the xbox 720 comes out.

Weakness
Nov 30, 2006, 03:04 AM
So as we all know Sega has been jerking the US players around since the get go. I know I'm not the only one who has canceled his subscription after not even two months of playing. So who else is quitting?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif I had such high hopes for this game only to be let down...

edit Because I'm a good speeler.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weakness on 2006-11-30 00:05 ]</font>

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 03:07 AM
I quit and I'm never playing it again, I might pic it up in a year or 2 when we finaly have content, but thanks to sega being total dick head they delete un used characters, So if I'm made bored I'll try grinding up a new character. Thanks sega now go die.

Weakness
Nov 30, 2006, 03:07 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Okay the Topic was supposed to be "The Official "I quit" Thread." ;;>.> Gimmie a break though, it is 2 AM.

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 30, 2006, 03:08 AM
no others MMO's out there that im interested in atm. Burning Crusade lol dont make me laugh. it is funny. some people spent literally every hour of every day farming battlegrounds to get rank 14 to get the EPic PVP items. and in the expansion a 9gold lvl 66 green weapon will do more dmg.

juno-6
Nov 30, 2006, 03:11 AM
i have a "busy" life so im not taking such a drastic hit as the ppl who play/played PSU 20 hours a day. im fine with content updates spread out as they are cuz' i sure as hell would be left behind even more. right now im lv 30. Havent even touched the A rank stuff yet or some of the extra missions that just got unlocked let alone have an evolved pm or multiple characters.

yeah, til the end of time. WAR PSU!!!

DoubleJG
Nov 30, 2006, 03:15 AM
These polls are becoming a bit to repetitive.

Weakness
Nov 30, 2006, 03:16 AM
Yeah, I didn't notice the one right below it until I posted... but hey, people still vote for this one right?

Bleemo
Nov 30, 2006, 03:19 AM
On 2006-11-30 00:08, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
no others MMO's out there that im interested in atm. Burning Crusade lol dont make me laugh. it is funny. some people spent literally every hour of every day farming battlegrounds to get rank 14 to get the EPic PVP items. and in the expansion a 9gold lvl 66 green weapon will do more dmg.

Lol, such is Blizzard. After the what? Two years? Since the honor system has been introduced, they have done little to nothing until now to lessen the amount of time needed to obtain Rank 14 for the sake of other's lives. At least SquareEnix tried to remind you that IRL is more important than their game whenever you launched it. Those precious Rank 14 epics will now also be downgraded to blues with no retroactive upgrades available, believe it or not.

Burning Crusade is certainly looking appealing, though that is irrelevant since it won't be released for another two months.

My cancellation may be coming sooner than later.

Alisha
Nov 30, 2006, 03:20 AM
shouldn't you at least wait till extra classes before being so rash?

Weak
Nov 30, 2006, 03:21 AM
http://www.avaloncinema.com/images/grief.jpg

Nani-chan
Nov 30, 2006, 03:23 AM
It's unfortuante to see you guys leave.

I'm patient to wait til Dec 7th, since we were promised the 2nd update before the 15th. I have other games to play and when I occasionaly come on it's to farm or to help my European friends who are still in the 15-30 levels.

Everyone has to make choices on what works best for them.
(Which is the answer to many of the threads I see)

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 03:25 AM
On 2006-11-30 00:19, Bleemo wrote:

On 2006-11-30 00:08, AlphaMinotaux wrote:

Lol, such is Blizzard. After the what? Two years? Since the honor system has been introduced, they have done little to nothing until now to lessen the amount of time needed to obtain Rank 14 for the sake of other's lives. At least SquareEnix tried to remind you that IRL is more important than their game whenever you launched it. Those precious Rank 14 epics will now also be downgraded to blues with no retroactive upgrades available, believe it or not.

Burning Crusade is certainly looking appealing, though that is irrelevant since it won't be released for another two months.

My cancellation may be coming sooner than later.

actualy what Billzard is doing it getting rid of the honor system and adding honor points which you earn so everyone, who has epic gear or had a sertain rank can turn in there old gear for points. SO it's not soo bad.

Bleemo
Nov 30, 2006, 03:25 AM
On 2006-11-30 00:20, Alisha wrote:
shouldn't you at least wait till extra classes before being so rash?

Looking at the trend?

Not seeing how extra classes could be much any different other than the PA/Tech level cap increase and rank A weapon usage.

But, hey, this thread is about quitting PSU. So, please, don't anyone dare post any positive comments about PSU in this here thread.

industrial
Nov 30, 2006, 03:28 AM
I have faith sega will add tons of cool stuff soon. It's no excuse for how little we have now though. At least wait till tomorrow before you think about quitting.

SolRiver
Nov 30, 2006, 03:34 AM
On 2006-11-30 00:28, industrial wrote:
I have faith sega will unlock tons of cool stuff soon. It's no excuse for how little we have now though. At least wait till tomorrow before you think about quitting.

fixed

Aren't I glad that I started PSU a month late. I can endure another month.

Bleemo
Nov 30, 2006, 03:36 AM
On 2006-11-30 00:28, industrial wrote:
I have faith sega will add tons of cool stuff soon. It's no excuse for how little we have now though. At least wait till tomorrow before you think about quitting.

Well--we pretty much know what "tons of cool stuff" are going to be "unlocked" for the next 6+ months, aside from possible rare items.

Which, in my opinion, kills a good half of the game because Sega loves to ruin suspense.

Weakness
Nov 30, 2006, 03:41 AM
o.O; Holy crap, it looks like I tried to steal Weak's name... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Nice to meet you Weak, I'm Weakness... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I stole my name from an Opeth song though and had it for three years on FF XI, yourself?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/poster.html?user=434494

Lavinia
Nov 30, 2006, 03:41 AM
Well there is one way to keep the suspence going, stop looking up what the jp verison has. there solved that problem, next!!!!

Eulogy21
Nov 30, 2006, 03:45 AM
On 2006-11-30 00:11, juno-6 wrote:
i have a "busy" life so im not taking such a drastic hit as the ppl who play/played PSU 20 hours a day. im fine with content updates spread out as they are cuz' i sure as hell would be left behind even more. right now im lv 30. Havent even touched the A rank stuff yet or some of the extra missions that just got unlocked let alone have an evolved pm or multiple characters.

Same with me. With work and such, I only have the chance to play for a couple hours a day. The lack of content hasn't been such a big deal for me.

Weakness
Nov 30, 2006, 03:50 AM
On 2006-11-30 00:45, Eulogy21 wrote:

On 2006-11-30 00:11, juno-6 wrote:

Same with me. With work and such, I only have the chance to play for a couple hours a day. The lack of content hasn't been such a big deal for me.

I work, go to school, juggle a girlfriend, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cat.gif two needy cats, and a normal life like everyone else... and seriously, when I get bored of something it takes a good while...

;;>.> Hell I have about 150 hours on Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria and yet I am still screwing around in the Seraphic Gate. Ashame FF XII was so short, barely even 50 hours and did pretty much everything I wanted to do.

Maskim
Nov 30, 2006, 03:53 AM
You left out the option most continuing players would choose, I think. Keeping my subscription, going to play until it's no longer fun. No one says you have to be the rabid fanboy, and play forever. You play a game because it's fun, not because you worship it. If it's no longer fun for you, then move on. No one can fault you for that.

What I find annoying is the non-stop complaining of how unfair it is that people aren't enjoying the game for whatever reason. Different strokes people.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 30, 2006, 03:53 AM
I am waiting to see what happens with this game. If it doesn't get any better I am done with online games. Nothing else out there that I want to spend all my time on.

Ruby-chan
Nov 30, 2006, 03:54 AM
Ahem. City of Heroes Issue 8 is out.. I've played that game for about 15 months now.. I know.. because I little badge and lil reward (Everytime you boot a newbie a villain gets her wings. (http://www.herocorps.com/vdb/?i=805)) for playing for 15 months. ;p So, that's always something to doo to stave off the MMO shakes...

For me I just hate having my main being ready to go figunner and keep having to explain, "No, I don't have a handgun because in a week the update will come and I'll be a figunner and I won't have a use for it...." and then it's not that week. Just feeling a little jerked around by Sega is all. :/

Oh and I'm sure this'll end up in rants. That's why these threads are so repetative. They get nuked down to rants, someone logs in here, sees that no similar thread exists, and makes a new one, not realzing an identical one is buried in the rants section. :/

So, get your deja vu glasses on, it's another wonderful, "HEY! THEY COULD SUDDENLY UPDATE SOON! DON'T LOSE HOPE!" week. ;p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruby-chan on 2006-11-30 00:55 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Nov 30, 2006, 04:01 AM
On 2006-11-30 00:04, Weakness wrote:
So as we all know Sega has been jerking the US players around since the get go. I know I'm not the only one who has canceled his subscription after not even two months of playing. So who else is quitting?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif I had such high hopes for this game only to be let down...

edit Because I'm a good speeler.

: O from all of your loss and stuff I was hoping to be able to play with you to help you out >< but this is a big surpise. I hope you reconsider (only one of the few psow ppl i would be glad to help)

Sev
Nov 30, 2006, 05:23 AM
I'm another 6-7 month players at least.

Anything else that I can say isn't worth adding.

-Ryuki-
Nov 30, 2006, 07:44 AM
I actually don't plan on quitting any time soon, unless a new PS game comes out. Only then, will I "transfer" over and officially "quit".

Mystil
Nov 30, 2006, 08:11 AM
I've been gaming for a loooooooooong time and I don't see myself doing much gaming past age 30. I've given ST 6 years of my life, I mean geez.

-Ryuki-
Nov 30, 2006, 08:13 AM
You're not going to game past 30? What a harsh thing to do to yourself.

Zabot
Nov 30, 2006, 08:22 AM
wheres the "I may go back to Blue Burst or the original PSO" vote?

Pandatron
Nov 30, 2006, 08:33 AM
I'll make my post short and simple.

Update by Dec. 9th.
Or i go back to real life.

A bit extreme but you get the idea.

AngelLight
Nov 30, 2006, 08:48 AM
I've noticed that the "burst" of new players for the EU side of things on the servers didn't last very long. I now find myself going online and seeing that now only universe 1 is full. The last 3 days, Uni 2 has been roughly at half capacity (sometimes slightly higher, sometimes slightly lower), 3 has been totally empty, 13 seems to be struggling (some sort of group meets there but it looks like activity has died off), and PSOW Uni 15 is now stuck in the 1 star rut.

Finding new blood to try out in a PuG is now starting to get somewhat hard......and, unless I start a group with ppl I know, finding a run is also starting to get hard (unless it's either one of the two relics or De Regan......Temple and Endrum seems to be dying out). I'd even go so far as to say about 95% of the low levels are in fact alts to other players with high level or maxxed out mains and not new people starting the game, which has an indirect effect on the gaming economy (no that doesn't mean ppl to rip off).

This decline trend doesn't bode well for PSU....though I'd imagine that every two weeks (or however long an update takes to come out) the community will upshoot, but since it's short lived it's not enough to sustain a lasting character growth for anyone not in the mid to high level range (say under level 30).

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 08:53 AM
PC seems like a ghost town now... got 200 friends but only like 3 are on and and I never notice uni 1 ever full I think the highst I have seen it is like 3 stars.

DizzyDi
Nov 30, 2006, 09:00 AM
ITT we whine a lot.
O wai...You guys are already doing that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
Good lord, you guys want some cheese with your whine?

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 09:03 AM
unless you can come up with any better to do then whine, I'm all ears.

AngelLight
Nov 30, 2006, 09:08 AM
You know dizzy, it must be nice to be a furry troll. My post was based on fact, from playtime on prime time in the EST market. Outside of the fact that the population is declining and the derivitive effects from it(which is true, you can't tell me that it's not declining nor prove it), nothing of my post was a complaint. Till you can prove that the population will rebound in a more permanent way (not in spurts of 2 to 3 weeks), then you fail.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-11-30 06:09 ]</font>

Alpha-Hunter
Nov 30, 2006, 09:12 AM
leave, they are still here! I really understand the need to quit when you've been as let down as some of you appear to be. I don't undertand though the need to continue to post negative things about a game in which you've now dedicated yourself to never play again. what's left to complain about...? you quit. hopefully things will change for the better before there are more casualties.

On 2006-11-30 00:23, Nani-chan wrote:
It's unfortuante to see you guys leave.

I'm patient to wait til Dec 7th, since we were promised the 2nd update before the 15th. I have other games to play and when I occasionaly come on it's to farm or to help my European friends who are still in the 15-30 levels.

Everyone has to make choices on what works best for them.
(Which is the answer to many of the threads I see)

-Ryuki-
Nov 30, 2006, 09:13 AM
I'm not quitting. PSU is one of the better MMO's I've played.

Pandatron
Nov 30, 2006, 09:14 AM
On 2006-11-30 06:03, Genobee wrote:
unless you can come up with any better to do then whine, I'm all ears.

Constructively whine ^_^;;;.

zofia
Nov 30, 2006, 09:16 AM
Sega muffed up PSU.

Their online strategy sucks: slowly unlocking parts of an already small game is asinine when you look at what other companies do, even companies like NC with their free online rpg GW - which has WAY more content for $0 per month.

The actual game is so painfully tedious. The areas are tiny and incredibly linear and even in the small area currently open to us we've already seen reskinned enemies.

Synthing < Red Boxes

PM's < Mags*

* (Whoever made the decision that the 'ultimate' form of PM's are tiny lolobots and ONLY tiny lolibots should be shot)

Blocks in PSU < Levels in PSO

Music in PSU <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Music in PSO

Sega = lost it

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 09:16 AM
Well it seems you have to be a mindless fan boy or the fanboys will be angery at you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

AngelLight
Nov 30, 2006, 09:19 AM
actually, to be honest, we need to be encouraging people to stay and not leave. Complaining or not, and be it that you realize it or not....we need a viable population.

Perhaps what we need is some more coordination from outside groups like PSOW....or even better coordination between different groups.

For Example:

I've noticed that a fair number of small guilds have been formed....perhaps we can stage a promotional RP event (think of it like a rock concert or open mic night) in order to foster some good feelings from people and get interest rolling again.

or perhaps we can have the major forum groups (i.e. the primary figures from the official site, PSOW, and Gamefaqs as examples) come together and organize a competition...say a race to see how fast a certain group can complete a certain run.

It's going to be hard without some official SoA support, and even harder with the 360 - (PC/PS) split.....but I think if we can bring together some of these smaller groups (or factions) to do something more public for all the other people to see, that might get some word out that there is something going on in our game world and that the population is willing to try and keep this game alive as best as we can.

They seem a little crazy but it's a step in the right direction. As it stands now, it wont be long before the game population hits negative growth. Perhaps we can do something to delay that.

Ryogen
Nov 30, 2006, 09:19 AM
Im enjoying a good game. Please cancel your guardians lisence if you don't enjoy the game.

Oxidation
Nov 30, 2006, 09:24 AM
I refuse to quit until ive at least beaten some type of last boss in this game. I'm not playing story mode either since i could care less.

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 09:31 AM
your doing your self a favor because story mode is like watching retards hump a door nob, who ever told sega they know how to write a story line, needs to die...

zofia
Nov 30, 2006, 09:32 AM
I'm like Ether: I bought the 180 day sub. So I'm stuck with PSU in my PC until sometime in 2007.

I got the 180 sub because I loved PSO like no other game.

PSU sucks. It still can't go over how poorly its programming for PC. I mean, its almost amazing to think a company would even ponder the POSSIBILITY of releasing a pc game in late 2006 without anti-aliasing. Usually in a pc game, since ~ oh I don't know, since at least 2002 ~ you choose how MUCH anti-aliasing (and a host of other effects) to apply. That's just par for the course. Yet ST somehow decided to not to give us that choice. Not only that, they somehow designed a pc port of a ps2 game to somehow, someway, require more graphical power (at a mere 800 x 600 with NO aa) then WoW does at 1280 x 1024 (with every rendering effect under the sun at full with fps a consistent 60+ fps). Really, I'm still somewhat amazed that a game this primitive-looking could possibly require as much horsepower as it does. I've got 3gb ram, 3 Ghz P4, 512mb Ati 1600 and I have to run this stinking pile of poo at 800 x 600 with no aa... just to keep 60 fps. I mean, my gawd, within 1 minute of the tutorial you're already introduced to makes-your-eyes-bleed-cuz-its-that-bad texture work (aka Mina's jacket, can you say ps1-era texture work? I know you could!) Its mind-blowing how badly PSU is programmed.

And that's just the programming.

The real kick in the nuts is the game itself. They took some of the very best parts of PSO (hundreds of unique mags to raise and hundreds of unique rares to hunt) and threw them out the window. Instead we've got disturbing little lolibots to grind feeding sessions for and hundreds of mundane pieces of junk to 'work' with in hopes of making something that doesn't break. >_>

PSU is like the male light elves in Lineage 2: its just GOT to a joke.

AngelLight
Nov 30, 2006, 09:35 AM
um....that was O.o

I'm not sure how to put just how that response sounded, lol

Akaimizu
Nov 30, 2006, 09:44 AM
Blame Sega for that, in a way. They've never been real great for utilizing PC hardware. Unless the game requires a lot less power than the PC that runs it, don't expect anything from them to be optimized. (I think Sega Rally was the best coding achievement, and that wasn't Sonic Team)

On the other hand, I'll probably be playing this for some good time. I'm currently giving them time as well. I do believe Sega knows that games like this, are driven by timely content updates, and I'll be online until they truly dump support.

I guess I have a bit of an optimistic view this early in the game, but that's mainly because of how much stuff I saw offline. Extra Mode definitely gives you that feeling that if Sonic Team can give us twice as much stuff online, it'll be something special. Sadly enough, I think still people see a bit less stuff online (in the west) than they do in Extra Mode, in total. With the exception of some online exclusive clothes, and room ornament drops.

Still, there's really nothing out there like Phantasy Star, and is a large influence why I'm liking this one to this day. Besides, since human females have had about 2% of the luck everybody else has had, I'd figure I do myself a disservice if I don't play long enough to experience as much luck as everybody else is getting. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

trypticon
Nov 30, 2006, 11:31 AM
It read great to me. PSU was overhyped, and that's all there is to it. It failed to live up to expectations.

Blitzkommando
Nov 30, 2006, 11:57 AM
I'm rather enjoying myself surprisingly on PSU. It has its share of issues of course, but frankly it's not nearly as annoying as PSOGC was in the later days. I'm not power-playing either so I have plenty to do still while waiting for updates. So, while I most likely won't be on PSU through the end and shutting down of the servers, I see myself there for a while yet.

Mystil
Nov 30, 2006, 03:12 PM
On 2006-11-30 05:13, RyukiZero wrote:
You're not going to game past 30? What a harsh thing to do to yourself.

Not do MUCH gaming. I'll still be one but I wont be hardcore anymore.

Hustler_One
Nov 30, 2006, 03:49 PM
I purchased the 7 months, but im willing to give this game 1 year. 1 year, for them to get some more stuff into the game.

Don't get me wrong, great game. But I could cry when I think of how much better it could be.

So heres the deal. I will pay up to exactly one year after I bought this, they have that much time to make this game into something special, which it very clearly could be. Once the 25th of November, 2007 rolls around, if SEGA hasn't taken the time to update us, I will leave, and I will frisbee my copy of PSU into a gutter.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 30, 2006, 04:38 PM

PSU players/forum goers are like that sentence in that a lot of us aren't all there.

Its still pretty funny to read constantly how a player is threatening to cancel or quit, as if its some sort of power at all over game content.

zofia
Nov 30, 2006, 04:52 PM
On 2006-11-30 13:38, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

PSU players/forum goers are like that sentence in that a lot of us aren't all there.

Its still pretty funny to read constantly how a player is threatening to cancel or quit, as if its some sort of power at all over game content.

I have no illusions. Sega not only doesn't care about what I think (hence I have no illusion of having 'power' over them). They actually have what they want from me: the money I paid up front for both the software and the 6 month sub. According to the bottom line I'm a 'happy customer, paid in full.'

However, I'm probably not 'all there,' hehe, but that's my personal damage. XD

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 30, 2006, 04:53 PM
I took your name out of the quote as I wasn't referring to you in specific.

DonRoyale
Nov 30, 2006, 04:58 PM
Until Phantasy Star (next plethora of being that contain multiple universes) comes out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif