PDA

View Full Version : PSO now worse than ever...because of hogging......

RaXoR
Nov 22, 2002, 06:38 PM
I mean you'd think the game would be great without cheating! I mean it was in the first version, even though it was cheat free only like 2 days. Anyway this is just becoming too much. Every single game I join, people hog items. Like they rush into a room, break boxes, and steal all the items THEN hit the monsters. Other times they wait till everything is killed and then just pick up everything in sight. Even if the items are not usable they hog them. Cmon I want some items too. This is just horrible. Basically the only way I'm going to get items is creating a game by myself. OH THATS FUN! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif . Rather play offline. So this is just a plea guys, STOP HOGGING!

TeamPhalanx
Nov 22, 2002, 06:41 PM
That's why you search around and play with people that you like.

It may take a while, but you'll find people that focus on the enemies first and items second.

Wewt
Nov 22, 2002, 06:42 PM
This coming from the guy that claimed he posted the duping method on various message boards.

Classic.

sogoX
Nov 22, 2002, 06:53 PM
yea some ppl are just plain crappy. why cant they just take the items that they may use. like if i go into a room and get a lucronium cane. or some kind of force weapon and im a hunter. so i would just give it ot the force dude. no reason for me to have it because im not a force. they greedy son of a _________ well you all know it. you will have to find ppl that dont do that and try to make friends with them. thats the only thing you can do.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Nov 22, 2002, 06:54 PM
I'm a bit bugged by it too, but I'd be doing the same thing, eh :3
If I make a team, I'm most likely to get all the rares, but then it's my own section ID, which isn't too new to me. If I join another section ID's game, I probably won't get the rares, since the items sometimes drop in a different spot than I see the enemy. So, the leader hogs the rares, even if it finds more than one of the same item.

...I was suprised that people wanted my PURPLENUM justice and combat mechs. I wrap them out and just give 'em away... lala.

Foggy_Pete
Nov 22, 2002, 07:04 PM
yeah thats true..i still havnt been able to get online yet but i can imagine the situation you all are in. thats why you play with friends who wont pull an item out from under your feet, the hard part is making interesting friends without a keyboard

Munki
Nov 22, 2002, 07:17 PM
I agree that it is frustrating to see people just stealing the items. It has happened enough that I have even set up a macro for a "Leave some for me" type comment. All you can do is look for people that wanna share. This is particularly frustrating when you are a force. I have even had androids grab Trifluids from right under me. That is one of the most frustrating things for me.

But as to the rares, I honestly feel it is an 'every man for himself' kind of thing. If I get a rare that I know I don't need / have, etc. and somebody I am playing with could use it, I usually give it to them.

But as for that initial rare drop, every one is waiting for it to happen. I believe that nobody should have a certain right for rares. Everybody is looking for them, and there is a good chance that guy you are playing with has got as many or as few rares as you do. If people are that concerned with getting all the rares that drop, that is what single player / password protected games are for.

But as to the blantant item hogging that goes on... yeah it is frustrating as heck.

Castoth
Nov 22, 2002, 07:35 PM
Bleh, that was one of the reasons why I became more hooked to single player than multiplayer near the end once most of my friends quit...that and NOLing.

Spacepest
Nov 22, 2002, 07:45 PM
OMG what is funny about all this is that the people all hogging the items are all fighting over low level crap too.

Like last night, I just got my ramarl to vhard and played in an open team with 3 other players, a hune, fonewm, and a hucast. Throughout the game, the hucast is using on and off a yamamoto.

We do forest, and kill the dragon. The hune picks up a rare from it, its a yamamoto. The hune asks, "Anyone want it?"

I say, "Can i have it, i have a low level hune and I don't have one for her yet." The other player gives it to me...and then the hucast starts getting mad and raising a big stink about it, saying "I dont have one. I need it!" over and over again. I even said "Look, you were just using one, how can you NOT have one?" He keeps insisting that he NEEDS that oh so RARE yamamoto, and takes 5 minutes to make a keyboardless replies.

Finally, I just give him the stupid thing and say "Look if you really need it THAT bad you can have it! Its not THAT rare." Which, lol it isnt. I can find it later with my section ID in vhard.

Since I've come over the usa version I've been playing in low level teams to see crap like this over and over again, and I think its funny because you dont find any decent rares until you get to vhard and ult. Also, to see people hogging the fluids when theres a force on the team...thats just wrong, since its usually the force working hard to shifta, deband, resta, and reversar you ass when you die.

However, I think once I get a character to ultimate then its only going to play in locked teams with friends, because this stuff gets old after awhile.

Castoth
Nov 22, 2002, 07:57 PM
Maybe item mod once the GS is released will be good in a sense, since most of these item hoggers will flock to the GS and create whatever they want there. Then, they'll get bored of the game more quickly, letting the rest of the decent players alone in peace.

FluxGryphon
Nov 22, 2002, 08:07 PM
People may be fighting over low level crap, but that doesn't mean if you accumulate enough you won't have that much more meseta in your bank to by mag food. Such a situation can be mitigated by dropping items for other people when your inventory fills up and other people have a lot of room. Still, if something useful pops up, it should be given to someone based on usefulness or need, not wanting and whining.

Of course this would be ideal, and the world never is ideal. I can write a thousand repititious prescriptions of honorable game conduct, but there will always be some selfish asshole out there that will keep on being a selfish asshole.

There's a reason I like playing with people I know. Ah, offline multiplayer is so gooooood.

DJ_Monkey
Nov 22, 2002, 10:26 PM
I admit it; I am a box-runner. I try not to, but I always go for the boxes first. But now that I know that people are annoyed by it, I'll give all the fluids I see to the FOrces on my team, and I'll only keep the mates, since I am an android. Let me tell you something though, being an android on a team without a force really stinks the big one. You go through mates like a cop goes through donuts =)

It can cost quite a lot, but then again, it costs more for a FOrce to buy their fluids. I'm only picking up the money and the leftover items, so that other people have a chance to get them.

I will, of course, go for the rares http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Blue147
Nov 22, 2002, 10:42 PM
lol did u ever think y they run to the boxs first i know why i do it it's cuz its hard to rasie a mag win u don't have money or win a monster hits u for like 160 damge it gets expensev i need money to buy mates and fluids and other things but win it comes to rares first come first get thats it so don't wine about how someone esle got a rare and u didn't get over it and move on its not greed it's the need to become stronger well thats my $0.02 take of leve it u can wine all u want but if u don't do anything to get items then dont complain its your fult for being slow lol

Spacepest
Nov 22, 2002, 11:29 PM
Yes, its hard to raise mags and get enough money for your force's fluids, but its even harder to find good people to play with if your an item hog.

Sedyne
Nov 22, 2002, 11:52 PM
On 2002-11-22 15:38, RaXoR wrote:
I mean you'd think the game would be great without cheating! I mean it was in the first version, even though it was cheat free only like 2 days. Anyway this is just becoming too much. Every single game I join, people hog items. Like they rush into a room, break boxes, and steal all the items THEN hit the monsters. Other times they wait till everything is killed and then just pick up everything in sight. Even if the items are not usable they hog them. Cmon I want some items too. This is just horrible. Basically the only way I'm going to get items is creating a game by myself. OH THATS FUN! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif . Rather play offline. So this is just a plea guys, STOP HOGGING!

Wow yu found something more to complani about for this game huh? I question why you even play itm if if its worse then ever.If it was "worse then ever" don't you think the ships would be practrically empty and DC version would have more people? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ian D
Nov 22, 2002, 11:59 PM
Now, this stuff really pisses me off. You go in the room, kill the monsters, then snag whatever you can use and then proceed onto the boxes. The only exception is going for Rare's when it's every man for themself.

So what I'm trying to say is if everyone acted like me the world would be a better place. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

EDarkness
Nov 23, 2002, 12:24 AM
Well, my advice to you is to only play with people you know. I have done this and it works great. No problems with cheaters, PKers, and the like. Makes life easy.

-EDarkness