PDA

View Full Version : Photon Arts Mechanics/Resreach

MaximusLight
Nov 30, 2006, 01:46 AM
Alight starting this topic for two reasons,

One: Post all the useful Photon Arts information I have

Two: Gather other USEFUL information on Photon Arts so I can eventually write a guide.
(Note: ZOMG!?! IT'S A PICKEL, is not useful, give me facts or useful things to consider about a/they/any/all Photon Arts I'm spam intolerant of late)

Okay now for the info:

All Photon Arts I've seen so far increase in Attack% and Accuracy% by 1 everytime they are leveled. As for elements they vary based on the type of PA which needs further investigation.

For skills when you preform the next part of the combo the Attack% is multiplied on too the the previous combo's Attack% again:

Example: Attack power 115%
normal hit damage ~100 damage
First combo hit(s) ~115 damage
(or normal damage x 1.15)
Second combo hit(s) ~132 damage
(or normal damage x 1.15 x 1.15)
Third combo hit(s) ~152
(or normal damage x 1.15 x 1.15 x 1.15)

Note: This does not apply to Tornado Break, anyone notice any others?
As a note I don't know if this applies to accuracy too and needs testing (help is appreciated!)

Okay there's the very basics I have so far, I'll update on specific PA later for what I know, until then enjoy! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaximusLight on 2006-11-30 18:01 ]</font>

Alisha
Nov 30, 2006, 01:57 AM
if thats true it explains why tornado dance and bogga danga?(the falcon punch move) only get one combo hit. and why that one claw pa only gets two.

nefarious
Nov 30, 2006, 02:36 AM
The second spin on daggers recieves a slight buff. I'd have to log onto my beats hunter to check what numbers I get, but it's consistant and significant enough where I was previously positive that what you're describing is in fact happening.

Alisha
Nov 30, 2006, 02:41 AM
thats makes some pa's like tornado break deadly since it ends with 2 hit's.

MaximusLight
Nov 30, 2006, 02:57 AM
On 2006-11-29 23:41, Alisha wrote:
thats makes some pa's like tornado break deadly since it ends with 2 hit's.

Yeah even more deadly when Advanced Types come out because of the thrid combo, also this could be why ST made most of the earily one-handed PA only two hits, so people could get freakishly powerful single handed combos... or there just designed for basic types, can't say after all.

etlitch
Nov 30, 2006, 03:22 AM
It's different for each PA. Which means that you'l have to max and research on every PA to get a complete chart.

The damage is'nt applied as on your theory. Tornado breaks(sword PA) third combo deals as much as the second combo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2006-11-30 00:36 ]</font>

MaximusLight
Nov 30, 2006, 08:59 PM
On 2006-11-30 00:22, etlitch wrote:
It's different for each PA. Which means that you'l have to max and research on every PA to get a complete chart.

The damage is'nt applied as on your theory. Tornado breaks(sword PA) third combo deals as much as the second combo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2006-11-30 00:36 ]</font>

Thanks I'll edit that then, so you know if that is for Tornado Break only or does it apply to others as well?

Alisha
Dec 1, 2006, 04:58 AM
ok i did some tests. the only one i'm not 100 pecent sure on is dus daggas because for some reason it has insane damage variance,plus even the last boss has a hard time standing up to the full pa from a lvl 100 beast. also it looks like both spear pa's and one knuckle pa have 3 tiers of damage so i list them as weak,normal,hard. lasty these are from offline so someone will have to confirm for online to see if theres any difference.

Sword
Tornado Break-normal,hard,hard(1,1,2)
Spinning Break-normal,normal,noraml(2,1,2)
note: i loved seeing strings of 800,1000,1000X2 on the last boss.

Spear
Dus Daggas-weak,normal,hard(?)
Dus Robado-normal,weak,hard(?)

Twin Saber
Rising Crush-normal,normal,hard(?)<--i need to go back and determine the number of hits

Assault Crush-normal,hard,normal(?)

Twin Daggars
both pa's follow the same pattern
normal,hard,hard(?)

1H Claw
Senten kanzan-ga-normal,hard(?)

Shousen totzan-ga-normal,normal(?)

Dual Claws

Bukuu Rensan-ga-normal,normal,normal(?)

Rensan Seidan-ga-normal,normal,hard(?)

Double Saber

not 100% sure about this one due to the nature and length of the pa collecting samples is difficult

Spiral Dance-normal,normal,normal(?)

Knuckles

Bogga Danga-normal,normal,hard(?)

MaximusLight
Dec 2, 2006, 11:13 PM
Nicely done this helps alot! Unfortunatly my Final for the semister are around the corner so I won't be doing ANY testing/writing until the 20 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif still I could do alot once it is over, but I apologizes for the lack of effort until then.

something else I should bring up I think, I noticed that a single swing from the second combo in Rising Stike has two hits (not in the combo one attack just seems to hit twice ...?)

Ravennittes
Dec 3, 2006, 08:33 AM
Assult Crush starts out with 2 hits, never leveled it any higher, so I don't know what it's capable of.

Bukuu Rensen-ga starts with a jump (1) and a downward hit (1) for a total of two as well.

Hope this helps ^.^.

Cry0
Dec 3, 2006, 09:15 AM
Spear
Dus Daggas-weak,normal,hard(2,3,3)
Dus Robado-normal,weak,hard(1,2,?)

Twin Saber
Rising Crush-normal,normal,hard(2,3,3)

Assault Crush-normal,hard,normal(2,2,1)

Twin Daggars
both pa's follow the same pattern
normal,hard,hard(2,2,3)<-75% sure

Double Saber

not 100% sure about this one due to the nature and length of the pa collecting samples is difficult

Spiral Dance-normal,normal,normal(3,2,?)

Tornado break (lots of hits http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

filled some in for ya

etlitch
Dec 3, 2006, 09:33 AM
PPL might want to add in how many enemies a PA can hit everytime it deals damage.

Forexample online twindagger:
first combo 2*3, second combo 3*2

where the first number tells amount of enemies that can take damage at each hit, and second number tells how many time it hits. (first combo 2 enemies , 3 times)

MaximusLight
Dec 3, 2006, 07:21 PM
This is all so gold.