PDA

View Full Version : Observations from my first night as a Force.

Fleur-de-Lis
Nov 30, 2006, 03:01 AM
The path to Protranser just got a lot more annoying.

35 minutes into my first solo Valley of Carnage C run, I took stock of the little differences that make this game wonderful. Namely, spending 37k to switch types and still end up poorly armed (2 Scepters, 2 B'duki Ogas, 1 Slyrod, with requisite Techs) and even more poorly defended (a Rabol Ridla, which is all I could afford with what was left). Also, the 800 meseta I had to spend to recharge the Photons during the mission was a nice touch. Still, I did turn a 2000 meseta profit for the run, after 40 minutes.

So I'm wondering, does anyone have any nuggets of wisdom they'd care to share regarding Force strategy? I gotta stick with this for another 4.9 Type Levels, so anything that would make that go faster would be greatly appreciated. Some points I've already considered:

1] Don't solo. (If you know anyone who'd party with someone who sucks at Force, I'd be happy to meet them.)

2] Use the terrain/exploit. (Doing it now.)

3] L2P. (Working on that.)

Wouldn't it be easier/faster just to do both C Rank LL runs @ 7 Mission Points every 12 minutes, which would effectively triple my currect rate? That would mean being stuck at LV23 until I go Ranger, right?

Okay, hopefully someone's got something helpful. Thanks in advance.

etlitch
Nov 30, 2006, 03:20 AM
prepare thineself for dragon runs blaarrrgh.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 30, 2006, 03:24 AM
I solo'd 20 lvls or so Relic C solo in Parum, with Neudze relics out now its even better.

They say force is the worst solo class, cant say for sure its the only class I have played online and I do good but some things I cant do like solo Onma A like the Beast Hunters all brag about.

I imagine that we will be the best C rank farmers tho http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

lvl 21+ Gi-spells should turn C rank games into a loot n' run kinda thing.

imfanboy
Nov 30, 2006, 03:48 AM
Hmm.

I hate to say it, but you wasted a LOT of money. Soloing as a Force is a waste of time, takes too long, and is annoying without, say, Leo as your NPC and a good 430 or 440 by your side.

Find teams. Look for teams constantly.

A team will bless you (and you will benefit the most) if you only use a good handgun (say a Autogun or a B'duki) in one hand and a wand with Resta/Reverser in the other.

And you can ALWAYS find a team that needs an FO with that sort of attitude. Even if you have to go to (blagh) Universe 1 to do it.

Tag with the handgun (or not, since you've already gotten this far leveled as the other classes right?) and make sure to keep them healed up constantly. With a decent team in say B Neu Relics, you'll barely touch your PP at all, and you'll save up a LOT of money. MAYBE, if you want to be a bit more of a team player, keep Diga/Radiga on our rod (by themselves, for a bit of a bonus to their power) and when the big DFP monsters come out to play cast Diga on it til it falls over.

At least, that's how I play my Forces until the new expansion comes out. Just too expensive otherwise. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Fleur-de-Lis
Nov 30, 2006, 04:08 AM
On 2006-11-30 00:48, imfanboy wrote:
I hate to say it, but you wasted a LOT of money. Soloing as a Force is a waste of time, takes too long, and is annoying without, say, Leo as your NPC and a good 430 or 440 by your side.

Unfortunately I got Hyuga. Also, I'm several hundred thousand meseta off from my GH-440. But, I'll keep that in mind.

A team will bless you (and you will benefit the most) if you only use a good handgun (say a Autogun or a B'duki) in one hand and a wand with Resta/Reverser in the other.

If that's true, I did spend way more money than was necessary. Still, I'd like to actually play a well-rounded Force, in case I have to go back to it in the future.

Actually, I like your breakdown, though this Force thing is hopefully a temporary move in the greater scheme of things. Thanks also to elitch and Vicious for the help. It looks like my plan as of now is to solo RELICS when there's no Party to support or when I need to Level my Techs.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 30, 2006, 04:26 AM
I find that C rank solo as a Fo is easy even at low lvls I was soloing it easy b4 hunters and rangers were.

It swiches end game tho, forces fall behind in damage and power and become more of a support role.

I am still doing good solo tho. takes me 35 mintues to do Parum Relics A.

I just hapen to have alot more fun as a force than i do as a hunter/ranger because I can do support, or dps, or anything for that matter its the most versitile class I think.

Then I know we have all heard that " if you want somthing done right you have to do it yourself " quote before. Thats the big reason I swiched to a force back in PSO. In ult mode the diffrence of having a good Fo in the party and not was Ten Fold what it matters early game. You needed resta/jellen/zalure/shift/deband to do things like Ult ruins without it being pure chaos.

But it was so very very few forces I ever saw that used the support spells, or the right spell for the situation that I took up the mighty wand/rod and did it myself.

PSU gave force a swift kick in the ass with the Ra spells only 3 targets now, no more auto aming spells, no spells to hit flying enemies and the list goes on. But I openly accept the challenge as it adds more fun to the game and it means that much more we need good and dedicated force players to pick up the role to carry the rest of the party thru the harder areas.

I would appreciate so much them atleast letting spells hit mulitple parts on mobs/bosses that seems like it should be a given and I think that was an excessive handicap.

SabZero
Nov 30, 2006, 04:38 AM
Our team would gladly take you along and let you tag enemies - look for Mwabe<something>tumba, Callous (character is J) or me (always SabZero).... on Universe 15

nefarious
Nov 30, 2006, 04:42 AM
The lowest tier ice-spell is the wai2go for soloing on force, if you must.

You can freeze, and if you run the trains the right way, you hit multiple targets, far past what your AoE spells can hit, because it hits -anything- in it's path.

I've yet to play force, but that's the one tip I can pass onto you from a friend who I play with alot.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 30, 2006, 05:05 AM
wich is another reason relics was so good for me to solo.

the green lizards dont hit hard and come in groups of 3 to 6, they just swarm at you in a tight group a perfect target for barta. Wich is also there weakness as they are fire type mobs.

I did all my barta lvling on those guys.

I disagree thats the best way to solo tho, its damage is low and not too often will you fight mobs in groups more than 3 or 4 big so usually RA spells are the way to go. One reason I PREFER solo over group is because you control the mobs and there group so you can easily get them together and let loose with RA spells (and soon to come Gi spells) while in a group I seem to be forced to use single target spells most of the time since the groups of mobs are scattered everywhere and due to there slower cast time (with rods, its somtimes nearly impossible to use Ra spells in a group, mobs run away from the area or get moved so unless your at max range and the splash damage gets them or they are after you its a lost cause)

I am soloing now not because its more efficant but because its easier to level my spells that way. Foi and Diga caped at 20 so long ago and my Ra spells and Ice spells are lagging behind.

Zarbolord
Nov 30, 2006, 05:28 AM
If you're a force inside you can do anything. If you're not go get 5 other friends http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Golto
Nov 30, 2006, 11:06 AM
I solo (well kinda I bring along my pm shotgunner) in parum relics C rather quickly with my low 20's lvl force. She is a newman though so the higher tp helps. The two attack spells I use there are Diga nd Rabarta. Diga starts off at over 200% tp dmg and Rabarta is good against those little things and becomes awesome at lvl 11.

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 30, 2006, 01:22 PM
you spent too much money is right. I spent maybe 5 k to switch, only being a 2 800 meseta rods and using to wands that I had found, otherwise using guns/melee weapons. At my level, I don't care, I basically just heal people constantly whenever they get hit, even for like 10 damage, then when I regen PP, it's way cheaper than when I use to regen my hunter's PP

THE JACKEL

AngelLight
Nov 30, 2006, 02:04 PM
You're more then able to solo as a force if you play it right....forces are just as capable to solo as hunters and perhaps more so then rangers.

EphekZ
Nov 30, 2006, 02:15 PM
When getting my FO to lvl 5. I spent about 25k doing the change. but Why are you having trouble soloing? Just do c de ragans(if you cant find any good parties) the majority of my exp came from him. It took me like 2 weeks( not sure as I stopped for a bit in betweeen)

Vhex
Nov 30, 2006, 02:48 PM
On 2006-11-30 00:24, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
I solo'd 20 lvls or so Relic C solo in Parum, with Neudze relics out now its even better.

They say force is the worst solo class, cant say for sure its the only class I have played online and I do good but some things I cant do like solo Onma A like the Beast Hunters all brag about.

I imagine that we will be the best C rank farmers tho http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

lvl 21+ Gi-spells should turn C rank games into a loot n' run kinda thing.

I solo Endrum Remnants A! =D

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 30, 2006, 03:07 PM
I have been soloing Relics A with not much trouble except the final boss's gonna check out linear line later sombody said its good money.

Mystil
Nov 30, 2006, 05:04 PM
On 2006-11-30 01:26, ViciousXUSMC wrote:

Then I know we have all heard that " if you want somthing done right you have to do it yourself " quote before. Thats the big reason I swiched to a force back in PSO. In ult mode the diffrence of having a good Fo in the party and not was Ten Fold what it matters early game. You needed resta/jellen/zalure/shift/deband to do things like Ult ruins without it being pure chaos.

But it was so very very few forces I ever saw that used the support spells, or the right spell for the situation that I took up the mighty wand/rod and did it myself.

Yep that's why I went FO in PSO as well. Heh, I never liked being a fo though, but everytime I logged onto my HU, there was issues...

Len
Nov 30, 2006, 05:16 PM
so far as a force i've...
solo'd to my current lvl[35]
run a runs solo
rarely use partner cards
-avoided teams-
even if i blow all 3 of my staffs, it only takes about 400 or so meseta to charge them all.even in hard runs i rarely blow through 2 of them at all

KirinDave
Nov 30, 2006, 05:33 PM
I am trying to figure out how you made things cost that much...

A slyrod is less than 10k to manufacture if you have anything lying around. The wands are even easier. Just about the only obnoxious thing is getting good force Armor, which pretty much requires the Neudaiz armor because we require head units.

The way of the force is one with a steep learning curve, but I have to confess something. I actually solo a LOT of Linear Line B ranks now. The missions have drops I am looking for, provide many chances for spell leveling, and are short enough that I make a small positive cash flow.

You will find that being a force gets MUCH easier once you can get your techs above level 11. It's like night and day for Ra-techs, they suddenly become extremely fun to spam. You should also start to realize that sometimes, the chance of a status effect is more valuable than the small amount of damage Diga offers as an advantage.

For example, if you aren't fighting a fire-aspected boss, spam Foie. If you can ignite the boss (and you can post L11 for some bosses), you will see ticks of 300+ fly by, in addition to your normal damage. Heck, I spam foie on the Fight For Food boss and do more damage from burn than from my regular spells.

Good luck. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fleur-de-Lis
Nov 30, 2006, 10:24 PM
Well, thanks to everyone for their posts. While I'd like to be a well-rounded LV 5 Force, it is something that I plan on ditching as soon as I reach that goal. That being said, I doubt I'll get many Techs to LV 11, since I hope to level them all simultaneously. There are some great and helpful thoughts here.

So as of now, I'm going to try my hand at healing in Universe 15. I've had my doubts about the kind of people there (no offense to anyone here but there are some less-than-desirable individuals on this forum), but it can't be any worse than Universe 1. As stated above, if anyone wants a weak Guardian who also happens to be an untrained Force to spam Resta, I'd be happy to oblige.

Arcturus
Dec 1, 2006, 08:05 PM
Forces? Bad at soloing? I beg to differ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJvP-eicbFM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cJjjaZmyWU

Its a level 100 soloing S rank in both cases. Pure, unadulterated rapeage. A hunter or ranger would not be able to move anywhere near that quickly.

KirinDave
Dec 2, 2006, 01:14 AM
On 2006-12-01 17:05, Arcturus wrote:
Forces? Bad at soloing? I beg to differ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJvP-eicbFM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cJjjaZmyWU

Its a level 100 soloing S rank in both cases. Pure, unadulterated rapeage. A hunter or ranger would not be able to move anywhere near that quickly.

Offline.

imfanboy
Dec 2, 2006, 01:21 AM
*sigh* Why does everyone have such a problem with context?

RIGHT NOW, at this point online, with the techs available, with the weapons available, with the levels available, it is unprofitable at best to simply start a Force at say level 30 and expect to be able to solo with ease. You can do FfF B and do it quite fast; I solo it with my beastgirl hunter as well, but overall it's better (especially if you're going protranser!) to simply focus on resta/reverser and join parties rather than level techs that you will probably never use and only have to replace once the advanced classes are available NEXT THURSDAY.

Ra spells may be more useful at level 11, but Gi spells really DO blow them away in usefulness. If you'd actually watched the video, you'd notice that she rarely (if ever!) uses a Ra-level spell in favor of the MUCH more powerful, MUCH more useful Gi techs. About the only techs anyone will WANT to keep which are currently available are the resta/reverser; so if you're not dedicating yourself to the Fortetecher class, why bother leveling them?

And yeah, I know the power of techs; my Newman will swap between Guntecher and Fortetecher as the whim strikes me, and my Human is going to be a Wartecher. However, it's just a little easier to not solo, particularly if you hang around Uni 15 on the weekend where there are usually plenty of folks around. ^_^

Fleur-de-Lis
Dec 2, 2006, 01:41 AM
Well, I have two issues with this, but they are minor. The first is that I don't join Give Finder parties, or to put it another way, for me to do so would be the ultimate act of desperation. Unfortunately, a great majority of the Missions I've seen on 15 that aren't Give Finder are locked, or they are Missions with creatures or characters that are disproportionately more powerful than myself. Granted this is probably not yet what most players here would consider to be "the weekend" so that may change later.

The second issue is that, in light of the first, it's rather difficult soloing while only levelling Resta, or to put it another way, those attack TECHNICS come in very handy because Hyuga is just god-awful. I mean really.

But once again, thanks for the great input. It's something for me to consider over the next few levels.

imfanboy
Dec 2, 2006, 02:05 AM
Yeah, Hyuga IS gawd-awful. At least he's better than Maya - and I can hide behind him rather nicely, too. Tanky tank! I'm glad that my FO has a 430; at least it does SOMETHING...

Your best bets for techs are (right now) Foie for the burn, Diga for the raw damage (and muting spellcasters) and the only Ra tech I generally use is Radiga. Barta just doesn't work well enough to make me want to use it. -_- Gawd knows I've tried to make it work.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 2, 2006, 08:02 AM
Ra is great if you know how to use it. the PP cost is 1/2 of the Gi spells and the damage is higher.

The only reason to use Gi over Ra is if there are more than 3 targets present or they are all around you instead of in a group. Trying to replace Ra with Gi online will leave you out of PP often and the damage per target is lower so unless you can hit 4+ enemies forget it. Lets not forget you put yourself in danger using them.

I only saw the first... 20 seconds of the video and I didnt see a single Gi spell. I saw Damubarta over and over again.