PDA

View Full Version : Are we NA players being impatient?

-Ryuki-
Nov 30, 2006, 08:27 AM
Impatient? I'm not impatient. I'm trying to take pictures of people. That's what I care about right now =)

Pandatron
Nov 30, 2006, 08:27 AM
Alrighty so PSU JP came out on Aug. 31st, and the first update wasn't technically avaliable till Oct. 5th. That means it was about a month before the JP even saw there first update from there after which they began to see one weekly or bi-weekly.

On the other hand PSU NA came out Oct. 24th, and the first update was Nov. 16th less than a month for an update compared to JP players. However NA player recieved the first update sooner and by not regularly reciving updates complain about lack of content.

Thus i pose the question of the topic, are we NA players being impatient? Or rather by Sonic Team (ST) giving us this single update we've built expectations similiar to the JP schedule in which we hope for something every week or bi-weekly?

In terms of updating schedule i'm using the thread provided in the link belowed with a compressed updated schedule posted by AeraLure.

http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=128191&forum=20&start=15

Mystil
Nov 30, 2006, 08:34 AM
Compared to FFXI yes, we are being impatient. They get updates every 3 months and maintainces can last anywhere from 4 to 11 hours(extended from http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif. But this isn't FFXI.

The impatience comes from that fact that everyone is looking how many updates japan as gotton in a months time. Frankly they didn't have shit until october. Now when was JP PSU released? ^_^ Ok then.

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 08:36 AM
seeing as how they got 60 days free, 3 updates before the end of those 60 days, and got Seasonal events, and a Update claneder that tells of updates a week in advance. And all we got is 1 up who tells us 2 days before an update or CLusmy or the gang or retards on the PSU website who have no idea what they are doing. And no one will give us a straight answer and every time I log on I just see what new great and wonderful new update JP is getting. Yea it makes people alittle mad.

Vhex
Nov 30, 2006, 08:53 AM
I think we should just go to SEGA HQ, sit down with our Japanese overlords and apologize for Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Maybe than we'll see some updates.

To me it seems they just don't care about us, especially since we didn't get EITHER seasonal events: Halloween and Fall Colors. There's no excuse for that. Maybe they are all under the impression Americans/Europeons are devoid of culture and lack the need for holidays.

Axel3792
Nov 30, 2006, 09:02 AM
On 2006-11-30 05:53, Vhex wrote:
I think we should just go to SEGA HQ, sit down with our Japanese overlords and apologize for Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Maybe than we'll see some updates.

Oh yes, he went there.

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 09:05 AM

To me it seems they just don't care about us, especially since we didn't get EITHER seasonal events: Halloween and Fall Colors. There's no excuse for that. Maybe they are all under the impression Americans/Europeons are devoid of culture and lack the need for holidays.

Naw it won't work we would have to make a cure for cancer too.... and who wants to do that...

Pandatron
Nov 30, 2006, 09:08 AM
On 2006-11-30 05:36, Genobee wrote:
seeing as how they got 60 days free, 3 updates before the end of those 60 days, and got Seasonal events, and a Update claneder that tells of updates a week in advance. And all we got is 1 up who tells us 2 days before an update or CLusmy or the gang or retards on the PSU website who have no idea what they are doing. And no one will give us a straight answer and every time I log on I just see what new great and wonderful new update JP is getting. Yea it makes people alittle mad.

Oh you forgot to mention during those 2 months free they had a server wipe and a roll back ^_^;;;. Update wise ya they get information alot more further in advance than we do which is kind of a late down.

Noted on below links:
http://pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1586
http://pso-world.com/article.php?sid=1588

Ryogen
Nov 30, 2006, 09:17 AM
I'm wating, but 100's of others isn't

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 09:21 AM
On 2006-11-30 06:08, Pandatron wrote:

On 2006-11-30 05:36, Genobee wrote:

Oh you forgot to mention during those 2 months free they had a server wipe and a roll back ^_^;;;. Update wise ya they get information alot more further in advance than we do which is kind of a late down.

Noted on below links:

Yea but I rather have 3 character wipes in the beginning, instead of my character siting in cold storage waiting for sega to tell me to play the game again, Atleast the wipes would give em a reason to log on again and actualy move my character past my room

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-11-30 06:21 ]</font>

Dragon_Knight
Nov 30, 2006, 09:24 AM
Well I'm not so much impatiant as worried....I honestly feel this might be another dance of BB's "updates" where we get things far less frequently and much later. I'm sure PSOBB is never getting another update in America again, yet Japan not only has about 2k more quests and items then ours...but is also STILL getting updates and new items.

Until SOA shows they are commited I will take this lack of updates as "we don't care about you, just your money." And therefore complain about it.

-Ryuki-
Nov 30, 2006, 09:27 AM
They can only release so many contents until there's nothing really left to do.

Dragon_Knight
Nov 30, 2006, 09:36 AM
But they couldn't even do it right when they had unlimited content....why should i think they will with limited stuff?

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 09:41 AM
yea but we aren't getting the lvl capped raised for another 2 weeks! alot of people hit lvl cap 2 weeks ago.

wiseman
Nov 30, 2006, 09:41 AM
On 2006-11-30 06:24, Dragon_Knight wrote:
Well I'm not so much impatiant as worried....I honestly feel this might be another dance of BB's "updates" where we get things far less frequently and much later. I'm sure PSOBB is never getting another update in America again, yet Japan not only has about 2k more quests and items then ours...but is also STILL getting updates and new items.

Until SOA shows they are commited I will take this lack of updates as "we don't care about you, just your money." And therefore complain about it.

That's the way I see it. They just don't care about us and want the money. Us being behind the JP servers is something I can grudgingly live with. Us being behind the JP servers + not getting seasonal events + getting updates at a significantly slower rate than the JP servers (2 weeks vs 1 month) = dead online game.

If we don't get the christmas decorations, I'm not going to be the only one that quits. It's not just about the decorations. It's a slap in the face to all western gamers and shows that Sonic Team values the JP players far more than us.

AngelLight
Nov 30, 2006, 09:44 AM
I think we should just go to SEGA HQ, sit down with our Japanese overlords

Got South Park Flashbacks of that Pokemon episode from that line http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 09:45 AM
OMG PSU IS THE NEW PEARL HARBOR!

wiseman
Nov 30, 2006, 09:47 AM
On 2006-11-30 06:41, Genobee wrote:
yea but we aren't getting the lvl capped raised for another 2 weeks! alot of people hit lvl cap 2 weeks ago.

The only reason I log on anymore is to level my PM and even that's getting boring. Some are still out there grinding away for money or starting alts. Me, I'm not 50 yet (41 atm) but I'm bored silly. My partner card list has been dead for almost 2 weeks now since everybody I know is bored with what's in the game right now. Not to mention I've maxed out Force and have no urge to max out Hunter or Ranger so.... All there is to do is level my PM, make some money (almost up to 100k, which was unintentional), and maybe get a little closer to the cap. My techs are either already capped (Diga), close enough for me (Barta and Foie), or refuse to budge (Resta).

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 09:51 AM
Yea I'm lvl 45, I don't know how some people where able to force them selves to hit cap before moatoob...Causual or not, everyone is gonna be hitting the wall with this game by next week, and they have to wait another week for some hope of stuff to do.

Akaimizu
Nov 30, 2006, 09:54 AM
Not me. I'm casual enough to still be around level 26. I'm a Ranger of 6 ranks and haven't levelling any other Class type. I've got ways to go, and since the update, levelling seems to be not quite as fast as it used to be.

BigSword
Nov 30, 2006, 09:56 AM
I feel the same way. I used to play for hours every day with all of my friends at work (among others) before I joined PSOW. Now, the guys I live with hardly every get on. They moved on to WoW due to it being a more established game and having more content. I' ve been soloing ever since and play less frequently.

Only thing is, seeing what JP is getting, I can't help but be psyched about what's coming up. I'm not even lvl 50 yet and haven't met requirements for the expert class I want to be when the update comes. Seriously, this is the only game I'm even playing besides Guitar Hero 2.

I am feeling a bit impatient, yes. But I can always waste hours building 3 other pure PMs. Or I can farm, and be rich. Or I can continue to level up my force. Kinda wearing thin, but I paid for this.

Superguppie
Nov 30, 2006, 10:01 AM
Hmmm, I like it. Still playing FFXI a lot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But seriously, as EU, I have gotten used to being patient a long time ago. Be happy with what you get. Also, I am onceagain amazed by how people are focussed on getting to the level cap, and seem to have no eye at all for the game, and playing with friends. Like PSO, PSU is pretty monotonous, even if a new area is opened up....until you start playing with friends. I remember sheer endless runs through the Forest with friends on PSO. Hardly ever productive, but always fun.
Alternative look at it: JP gets the new stuff first, including the bugs. By the time it gets to us, at least some bugs have been fixed alread. Less trouble for us.

I can see some people in need of a big e-peen get through the current content pretty quickly. PSU isn't accomodating such people. To them I advice basicaly the same thing as similar cases in FFXI: Don't complain the game isn't what you hoped it would be, find a game that is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2006-11-30 07:08 ]</font>

Sekani
Nov 30, 2006, 10:05 AM
I really don't care about keeping up with the Japanese players.

What gets me is that you can play story/extra mode and get all these super-cool toys to play with. But then as soon as you get online, they take everything away and "promise" to give it back to you slowly, piece-by-piece, over time.

What sane person wouldn't get pissed off and impatient?

Merumeru
Nov 30, 2006, 10:05 AM
XD eh the majority is impatient, im seeing less and less of the people i used to see and everyone i do hang out with is complaining about lack of content...but i guess thats what happens when ya cant please the hardcore gamers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif im just fine, it sucks that i cant change to expert class, but i still find it peculiar how im waiting to become a 'expert' in a game playing about only 200+ hours x.x eh, either way, there IS still plenty of fun to be found, but i dont think its the kind everyone cares about http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Pandatron
Nov 30, 2006, 10:06 AM
I only really log on for several things now.

1) Farming, because if the update comes out prior to when my subscription expires i wanna make sure i have enough income to buy all the new spiffy stuff.
2) Tech lvling, finally got around to lvling the basic techs since reverser, resta and all the ra's are maxed out.
3) PM lvling i've yet to notice it raising my pure armor sythn rate but whatever ya know.

The only problem i have with the updatse and so forth is if it becomes a regularly thing mentioned like PSOBB. I don't wanna have like one or two updates a month when i know over ont he JP server they have like our updates +19 ya know.

wiseman
Nov 30, 2006, 10:07 AM
It'd be more fun if I could play the type I want to play (Wartecher) and all the basic techs were in the game.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Playing a maxed out Force with only 4 techs (Diga/Barta/Foie/Resta) that are routinely used at all is boring.

AeraLure
Nov 30, 2006, 10:10 AM
I dont think we're being impatient. Its even less a matter of comparing to the JP release schedule and more simply a matter of so many people being bored (and a good number quitting) that might indicate to SEGA that they're just moving too slow on this.

On the other hand, my understanding of the JP release schedule anyway, shows we arent "due" the Expert class update until the 7th of December, should the mirror the release dates as close as possible (our due dates, so to speak, in bold).

Even though they seem to be on track for probably matching the same time frame relative to release date for Expert class release, the update gotten the very next week for Japan was Halloween and Agata Relics. Wonder if we'll get Christmas and something else in there instead, on December 14th.

At any rate, SEGA should be able to steer the ship en route, rather than stick to a strict plan. A lot of unhappy people leaving the game and no official release schedule announcements anywhere (unlike Japan) is simply not a good mix.

===

PSU JP released: 31st AUGUST 2006 (US 24th October 2006)

Phantasy Star Universe was released in Japan, for PS2 and PC platforms.

PSU JP Content updates:

5th OCTOBER 2006 (US 30th November 2006) Actual: 16th November 2006

* Opening of Moatoob
* 6 new missions added for:
o Parum
o Neudaiz
o Moatoob
* Adjustment to Mission parameters and Completion Bonuses

12th OCTOBER 2006 (US 7th December 2006)

* Online Story Mission with Leia Martinez added (episode 2-1)
* 2 new S-Rank missions added:
o "Retake the Plant" (Linear Line)
o "The Damaged Communications Thoroughfare" (Guardians' Colony)
* Maximum level cap changed from 50 to 60
* Expert classes unlocked (7 in total)
* Photon arts level increased to 30
* 8 New Weapon Types Added:
o Double Saber
o Axe
o Twin Claw
o Single handed Claw
o Grenade Launcher
o Laser Cannon
o Crossbow
o Cards
* 2 New SUV weapons added
* New armours, weapons, and clothing/parts added.
* Partner Machinery re-initialisation Kit added
* New Technics and Photon Arts added.

Cross
Nov 30, 2006, 10:14 AM
On 2006-11-30 06:08, Pandatron wrote:

Noted on below links:

They had one wipe/rollback that was two days in, and the rest of the month was free. So in total, we lost two days of progress and got about 25 for free.
That entire month can basically be scratched off. PSU JP's official service started at the beginning of October, and they got their first update like three days later, and from that point on there's been at least a minor update every week except for one, as far as I know.

So the Japanese servers get eight updates in nine weeks of service.
This week is our fifth (generously discounting the release week, even though that was like four or five days), and we've received one.

So, 89% chance of getting a weekly update, or 20%?

I don't think anybody is being impatient.

AeraLure
Nov 30, 2006, 10:19 AM
On 2006-11-30 07:14, Cross wrote:

They had one wipe/rollback that was two days in, and the rest of the month was free. So in total, we lost two days of progress and got about 25 for free.
That entire month can basically be scratched off. PSU JP's official service started at the beginning of October, and they got their first update like three days later, and from that point on there's been at least a minor update every week except for one, as far as I know.

So the Japanese servers get eight updates in nine weeks of service.
This week is our fifth (generously discounting the release week, even though that was like four or five days), and we've received one.

That's what the schedule doesnt actually show, and why I agree no one is being impatient by any stretch, and why SEGA is making a mistake sticking to the schedule literally as it appears they may be.

albel399
Nov 30, 2006, 10:31 AM
It's not really impatience but so much the fact that once they got their updates going it was every 2 weeks. It looks like we got screwed on that factor. Plus don't forget Japan got a free month from that waiting period.

KitsuneKing
Nov 30, 2006, 10:35 AM
hmm i'm pretty patient playing this game.. the only that gets to me though is that we dont get an exact schedule on when stuff is coming out and whatnot.

Dragonkat
Nov 30, 2006, 11:14 AM
Yes actually, I think NA players went past impatient into the heights of spolied whiny brattery about .0001 seconds after update one to heights that would make Veruca Salt look like a girl scout cookie seller by comparison.

BUT SEGA I WANT IT NOOOWWW! Never mind that most of them went right back to farming relics and De Ragan, because moatoob was too hard, and neudiaz has worms NU. *sighs* Good luck finding anyone willing to try lab recovery A too. =p

Honestly you'd think some of these prats and kiddies (rl age or not they act like 12 year olds) had never played a single mmo before.

WoW: How long? Months, and how long have the goobers been waiting for burning crusade?

CoH: issue 8 just came out, and how long has coh been out? How long did people wait for capes and auras, then bases, then the new rewards? Good thing PSU's players didn't try to play it.

FFXI: pretty much the same as has been said.

RF Online: . . . >.> <.< BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Trust me if you played it, you'd know what I mean.

EQ: the original, the classic, and the tiny at the start, how long did it have to go and how many months before it wasnt so tiny anymore? Oh how many disks later too?

Seriously people... We might have to wait a whole month, if that for a second update? (All of which is NOT on the disks according to GM's, so kill that idiotic rant as well) Good lord the sheer horror of it all! Quick get me my knife! If sega doesn't bring me my precious content now I just have nothing left to live for!

No wait even better, Sepukku with a frisbee! We'll do it ninja style in protest of how JP players just have it so much better!

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=11016

Sure, right, lets put that rumormongering to rest, courtesy of someone who was an actual JP player. Still think it's all gumdrops and lollipops? This whining about JP bias is about as flat out moronic as the incessant nonstop whines about wanting more more more, this coming from people too obsessed 90% of the time about reaching the end of the game and "beating" it they aren't even "playing" the bloody damn game in the first place!

Do people play games just to, oh I don't know actually enjoy them? when did reaching the end become more important then how you got there? Again I blame WoW kiddies and the idiotic mentality that game has infected the world with. All the fun raids are at the end! So screw the rest! Thank the lord PSU isn't WoW, now if we could just convince some other people of this fact...

Were I a sega mod or dev and I saw my playerbase acting this way, I would create a special Whhhhaaambulance forum for them, at least then I'd have one spot to put all the locked threads. Small wonder clumsy won't show much either given how he/she? is all but burned in effigy every day.

Not to mention I would start to develop the opinion that if this is how my players act they don't deserve a update much less the servers they play on, because they're all acting (again) like a bunch of spolied children jealous that bobby next door got the super actionman playset and bonus toy pack, while all they got was the playset itself.

They really need to just stop whining, get over it, play the damn game and try to make friends, or take their time, not see how many times you can run De Ragan in one day or how fast you can reach 50, and most of all have fun. Not to mention grow the #*!& UP!

If they can't do that then I wish they'd just go ahead and cancel already, I'm sick of seeing the offical forum be nothing but garbage on a daily basis, it makes gamefaqs almost look sane and intelligent.

fay
Nov 30, 2006, 11:23 AM
what is the top level u can get to at the moment

Dhylec
Nov 30, 2006, 11:30 AM
On 2006-11-30 08:23, fay wrote:
what is the top level u can get to at the moment

If you mean lv-cap, it's 50 at the moment.
I played everyday, since the second day after the US launch, & still barely topping lv31. ;]

Akaimizu
Nov 30, 2006, 11:34 AM
Well. One of the reasons I haven't topped 30 yet, is that I did finish Story Mode, and have 2 Extra mode characters doing stuff, as well. The fact there's a couple nights a week I know I can't play anything on, and certain other games I also play.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-11-30 08:34 ]</font>

Genobee
Nov 30, 2006, 11:45 AM
On 2006-11-30 08:14, Dragonkat wrote:
Yes actually, I think NA players went past impatient into the heights of spolied whiny brattery about .0001 seconds after update one to heights that would make Veruca Salt look like a girl scout cookie seller by comparison.

BUT SEGA I WANT IT NOOOWWW! Never mind that most of them went right back to farming relics and De Ragan, because moatoob was too hard, and neudiaz has worms NU. *sighs* Good luck finding anyone willing to try lab recovery A too. =p

Honestly you'd think some of these prats and kiddies (rl age or not they act like 12 year olds) had never played a single mmo before.

WoW: How long? Months, and how long have the goobers been waiting for burning crusade?

CoH: issue 8 just came out, and how long has coh been out? How long did people wait for capes and auras, then bases, then the new rewards? Good thing PSU's players didn't try to play it.

FFXI: pretty much the same as has been said.

RF Online: . . . >.> <.< BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Trust me if you played it, you'd know what I mean.

EQ: the original, the classic, and the tiny at the start, how long did it have to go and how many months before it wasnt so tiny anymore? Oh how many disks later too?

Seriously people... We might have to wait a whole month, if that for a second update? (All of which is NOT on the disks according to GM's, so kill that idiotic rant as well) Good lord the sheer horror of it all! Quick get me my knife! If sega doesn't bring me my precious content now I just have nothing left to live for!

No wait even better, Sepukku with a frisbee! We'll do it ninja style in protest of how JP players just have it so much better!

Sure, right, lets put that rumormongering to rest, courtesy of someone who was an actual JP player. Still think it's all gumdrops and lollipops? This whining about JP bias is about as flat out moronic as the incessant nonstop whines about wanting more more more, this coming from people too obsessed 90% of the time about reaching the end of the game and "beating" it they aren't even "playing" the bloody damn game in the first place!

Do people play games just to, oh I don't know actually enjoy them? when did reaching the end become more important then how you got there? Again I blame WoW kiddies and the idiotic mentality that game has infected the world with. All the fun raids are at the end! So screw the rest! Thank the lord PSU isn't WoW, now if we could just convince some other people of this fact...

Were I a sega mod or dev and I saw my playerbase acting this way, I would create a special Whhhhaaambulance forum for them, at least then I'd have one spot to put all the locked threads. Small wonder clumsy won't show much either given how he/she? is all but burned in effigy every day.

Not to mention I would start to develop the opinion that if this is how my players act they don't deserve a update much less the servers they play on, because they're all acting (again) like a bunch of spolied children jealous that bobby next door got the super actionman playset and bonus toy pack, while all they got was the playset itself.

They really need to just stop whining, get over it, play the damn game and try to make friends, or take their time, not see how many times you can run De Ragan in one day or how fast you can reach 50, and most of all have fun. Not to mention grow the #*!& UP!

If they can't do that then I wish they'd just go ahead and cancel already, I'm sick of seeing the offical forum be nothing but garbage on a daily basis, it makes gamefaqs almost look sane and intelligent.

Your joking right? your comparing this game to an MMO? when it's not even an MMO?

The only game that comes close tot his one is Guildwars and that one still kicks the shit out of this one as far as I'm concerned.

exPSfan
Nov 30, 2006, 11:52 AM
The thing I find funny is that there are so many people that say the masses are impatient and why dont they all just chill out. What I want to know is this out of "every" other mmog even ones with locked content name one of them that marketed a product and then didnt supply a full game?

MMoG will always have updates to content but to not provide the very basic of what they were selling at launch..... I mean what if WoW promised a large world and then only supplied Thunder Bluff then a month later provided the Cross Roads, or if in Ultima Online they promised all the crafting abilitys but then only let you get up to 10 Blacksmithing and left it that way for a month when anything worth making takes lvl 50 or what ever.

I feel bad for the people that think this behavor is acceptible in a game...any game....

Para
Nov 30, 2006, 12:03 PM
I think we should shift the blame a bit. Its not SEGA but SEGA of America in general.

The complaining will never cease until the North American Division of SEGA steps it up and takes initiatives to follow their Japanese counterparts in flow of content updates.

However that may never happen because there's a good chance that SEGA of America is just aiming to make a slight profit out of this and nothing big. PSU is a little venture for them rather than actually pleasing gamers.

Im pretty sure that the playerbase of English PSU wouldn't have mind the locked content being unlocked part by part as long as the updates were constant and consistant.

Some people may not notice but the deal between 1up and SEGA is harmful to players. SEGA JPN actually regulates their content update news and keeps a high standard of these content update news. SEGA JPN provides an actual schedule allows players to hold the company accountable if updates were to come late or go missing. SEGA of America may be making a profit out of this 1up deal but shafts players in hindsight. We don't get an update schedule thus we can't hold SEGA of America accountable for being late on updates (but we do anyways) and the news content is unregulated unlike the news for SEGA JPN.

In some perspective, SEGA of America has turned something fun into a disaster, forgot the true meaning of gaming and turned PSU into a cheap money making gimmick.

(oh and I played PSO:BB JP so I know the difference in service)

Cross
Nov 30, 2006, 12:10 PM
On 2006-11-30 08:14, Dragonkat wrote:

Sure, right, lets put that rumormongering to rest, courtesy of someone who was an actual JP player.

This person's assessment of the Japanese launch is so off the mark that I'm skeptical as to whether he's ever actually played it.

Giving the benefit of the doubt and taking that post as one person's valid opinion, it's still one opinion versus a sea of others who have also played PSU JP and can compare for themselves.

I was there on day one, and quite frankly the only reason I'm not playing there now is because a lot of people I know are only on PSU US. The only ones who really intend on continuing to play are the ones who've paid for a six-month subscription and basically don't have a choice. I have paid for a six-month subscription, and even so I'm installing PSU JP again as I type this post because PSU US is so bad in comparison that I'm starting to think that even having my friends to play with isn't worth putting up with the terrible service I'm getting.

Tenzntwentiez
Nov 30, 2006, 12:11 PM
Someone said this :

JP gets the new stuff first, including the bugs. By the time it gets to us, at least some bugs have been fixed alread. Less trouble for us.

my 450 is still bugged, sega messed up on the japanese PM and they didnt even bother to fix the patch, they just sent it how it is to the NA players. Their 450's were bugged before our first patch but they took NO measures to fix it. Great job IMO. Glad too see i wasted so much time and money.

Your talking about impatient? When this game first made its debut the only thing we were doing were killing de ragan and lvling off the relics. Free rpg's like Roseonline have more content than this. At least when FFXI or WoW debut u didnt even need an update to play for hours on end. As soon as the monthly updates came i wasnt even finished with the current content for those games. On PSU i can honestly say i have slain De ragan and his whole family line dating back to the renaissance, and killed enough of those mexican jumping beans in the relics to make a burrito for the gods. The people that are "patient" obviously dont know how the system works. It's called giving what your customers want. If your cool with all this, then fine but I WANT UPDATES AND I WANT IT NOW. It's not being spoiled it's not whining. You try telling civil rights leaders and womens rights activists they are spoiled for wanting more. I'll tell you what it is, its discrimination and keeping customers in the dark while they sap as much money from you as they can with pictures of weapons that try to give you hope. The people staying on should be thanking us because due to our mass cancellations you might see some changes as far as updates are concerned.

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 30, 2006, 12:15 PM
people are absurd. Some people play the game too much and complain that they get bored. If you have over 300 hours, you basically spend more than enough time playing the game, and obviously you're bored. I was getting bored earlier, but now I've made more friends and help them out. I'm still level 47 because i purposefully slowed down leveling so i had something still to acheive.

I think it's fine how we get the updates. I know other games that update weekly and you know what happens, the complete opposite. There's so much to do, and it comes so fast I say wtf, let me play the last thing you gave me first, then give me something new. I get frustrated, as do many people, and stop playing. They're updating at a perfectly fine rate I think. Honestly though, they could take down a few servers... it's quite obvious they don't need 18, use the money for other stuff

THE JACKEL

ljkkjlcm9
Nov 30, 2006, 12:19 PM
is there no edit button? sorry to sound like a newb

I think it's absurb people only play De Ragan and relics. There was an entire other planet when the game was released. Even now there are 2 new missions after De Ragan, but everyone still stops at De Ragan and aborts the mission. I'm sick of Parum and everyone always wanting to go to Parum. It seems more like everyone else chooses to do the same damn thing when there are many different options. It use to take me forever to find a group to go to Neudaiz when the game came out. It's a bit easier now, but still, if I want to get people to do missions, I have to go to parum to the field base, and pull people away from relics and de ragan.

Sega has no reason to update if everyone is just spamming the same missions over and over, even when they release new ones

THE JACKEL

ChrisKo
Nov 30, 2006, 12:20 PM
people are absurd. Some people play the game too much and complain that they get bored. If you have over 300 hours, you basically spend more than enough time playing the game, and obviously you're bored. I was getting bored earlier, but now I've made more friends and help them out. I'm still level 47 because i purposefully slowed down leveling so i had something still to acheive.

Umm I have maybe max of 120hrs between two characters and its absolutly pointless to play my main as of 2 weeks ago... I have friends on PSU constantly, it is still boring to play your character for no reason other than socialization, which can be had in other places. Must get achievements while I wait for update....

_Deliverance_
Nov 30, 2006, 12:24 PM
I look at it this way.
The lack of content pissing you off? Go play a different game, that is more geared towards 'hardcore gamers', like WoW or something...

Think that the JP get everything, while we get nothing? Up the street, not across it.

In short, I should stop reading all the complaining threads, because I hate whiners.
But those that are complaining should really just stfu and deal with it, or find another game.

Zalana
Nov 30, 2006, 12:26 PM
Were not impatient. Stop making us out to be like that. Were just tired of waiting for our updates to a game. The JP players have been spoiled since PSO v2. We've been biting the bad end of the stick since then. Stop making all these comparisons because, their doing nothing but, making it worse than what it already is. I'd just like them to give us info and let us know of when the updates are going to go in effect.

ChrisKo
Nov 30, 2006, 12:27 PM
But those that are complaining should really just stfu and deal with it, or find another game.

True story. If you own a Pc/Ps2/360 and only have PSU sitting on top, then something is wrong...

Calibur
Nov 30, 2006, 12:30 PM
nevermind...late...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calibur on 2006-11-30 09:32 ]</font>

dotdotdotdot
Nov 30, 2006, 12:44 PM
what bothers me the most about these post is this:

the two sides of this issue tend to be split into two camps. the camp of people who are bored, and the camp of people saying that those people play too much and it's their fault that they are bored. that the whole reason why people are feeling like there is not enough to do is simply because they are playing the game too much.

to me, i have a slightly different problem with sega releasing content in the way they currently are, (read: no schedule and seemingly "slowly".) and it isn't even really related to me being bored with the game. for about one day after hitting 50, i got super bored. then slowly i started to realise other things i wanted to do, and that revitalized the game for me. what i think the real problem is, i started to gain an interest in psu, after having a strong interest in pso for some time. what i think kept me going on pso for so long was my group of friends that i met online, and also people i knew from before that played. unfortunately, this same group of people is now sitting on my empty friends list, not wanting to play because they didn't want to hit the cap so early.

it's not that i think there isn't enough content, i just think limiting to 3 classes and level 50 for this long period of time has a really adverse effect on people who played pso and had the great feeling of working towards the level 200 cap. (played gc pso.)

ChrisKo
Nov 30, 2006, 12:51 PM
... it's not that i think there isn't enough content, i just think limiting to 3 classes and level 50 for this long period of time has a really adverse effect on people who played pso and had the great feeling of working towards the level 200 cap. (played gc pso.)

Yes, this is true, but they have changed the target to mission points & exp in stead of just exp. The mission points being waisted for the entire trip from 40->50 is a much more annoying thing then maxing out at 50, to me atleast.

Sev
Nov 30, 2006, 01:01 PM
Either way, people are always going to want more. I want more myself, but that's fine. I've learned that when I want more, that I should wait for it. Nothings going to make it come faster, other then to occupy myself with something else until what I want is around. I'm in it for 7 months either way, and if I'm not enjoying the game while playing it... I stop. That's all there really is to it, my life isn't so boring that this is the only game that I can/will play. You can say "But I'm paying for it!" and that's fine. You are paying for it. But that was by your own choice. You can be mad at Sega, say they're biased, that's all up to you. I wouldn't know myself, I don't know the guys, I don't know what they're doing while there at work... I'm sure the last thing they're probably thinking is "Hey, how do you think we can lose customers?" and then brainstorming on that idea just to keep North Americans down. Yeah, this only applies to North America right now since most of Europe has had the game for all of 6 days.

It's not impatience as much as it's just the way human beings are. We want what they have right now. If they have it, why not us? And if it takes longer to get it to us then to them, obviously they don't care about us. It's logical when you think about it.

If you're bored with the game, that's fine. I doubt the contents going to help you though, because about 2 weeks later you'll be bored again. That may not apply to everyone, but that possibly applies to alot of people. If it's like that, maybe you really should move onto another service, one that's more drawn out and is more expansive. This game was meant to be a casual game but hey... That doesn't mean everyone will love it.

Magician
Nov 30, 2006, 01:16 PM
No impatience here, I'm too busy farming meseta to buy everything that'll come with the update. Expert Class license, 7* A rank armor and weapons, (hopefully) Shift, Deband, Giresta, all of which will cost me close to a million meseta. I've only got 450k right now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
At 10k an hour it'll take me some time to farm all that I'll need.

physic
Nov 30, 2006, 01:28 PM
I think the impatience is less due to the actual calendar, and more due to teh percieved service, as well as teh released info.
If sega said starting dec 7th you can expect in genereal similar releases in time frame to jp, people would be like ok. But what we get is no information, and what small information we have, is some nasal guy on teh front page saying it will be updated monthly, as well as an article with 1up saying updated monthly, which is directly opposite to the info we had before.

People were looking to sega to show us an improvement in service over thier past incarnations, but we get a rinkidink hand me down website, virtually no promotion of the game, no pc ps2 betas (yes those are marketing tools, especially when you hand out ps2 discs with a game magazine) They get a free month of play without signing up (not the extension, this is what you get when you buy the game) Its more than one thing that is making people worry, its probably not even the releases, its the customer service, the amount of effort they seem to be putting into the game.

update schedule aside, we have had no lobbie changes, do they need to recode for lobbie changes? nope, not at all. People are looking at the future and it looks bad, thats why they are upset. The truth is right now, today, they havent completely effed up yet, but see, this month will show what we can expect, starting the 7th, we ll know if were gonna fall behind jp, by the 14th we ll know if we can expect monthly updates, by the end of the month, we ll know whether we will be getting the seasonal events for our own holidays (xmas and new years) pretty soon the only two sides to this argument will be exposed. Either we will get similar content, and we should all be satisfied, or, we will be set up on a fall behind schedule, and can expect less, and people have a reason to be pissed.

Its crnch time, going by what we have seen up to today, the future isnt that bright, but yeah, the cards havent been played yet.

oh yeah comparing FF updates to these is foolish, because ff puts enough on the games and expansions to keep one busy for the amount of time it takes for the next stuff to release.

Outside of the next patch, all the rest are small patches if you got to wait a month for mission 2, that will be pretty retarded

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: physic on 2006-11-30 10:31 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Nov 30, 2006, 01:42 PM
Yes, it's crunch time within these next two weeks, will we get shitty updates like many of the people here expect, or will we get our promised bi-weekly.

As it stands, I'll forgive them for not having Halloween decors up, they just released the game so I'm not too worried about that, I'll thank them for giving us Mota earlier than expected, but if they don't give us our bi-weekly updates well....

Sinue_v2
Nov 30, 2006, 01:51 PM
The people staying on should be thanking us because due to our mass cancellations you might see some changes as far as updates are concerned.

You obviously haven't been playing Sega games for very long, or don't know the corperate mentatlity. If you stop paying for PSU, and it becomes a burden for SoA to bring it over here and update it, then they'll just cut it loose and not even bother. It's easier to save money that way, than waste it on putting an effort into the game if people leave in droves. This is will only serve to ensure that the next PS release is JP only. There's really not much you can do to make them change their mind, except flood their mailboxes (post-boxes preferred, not email) and clog their help-lines with complaints. Let them know you LIKE THE GAME, and YOU WANT TO PLAY IT and WILLING TO PAY THE FEE... but also that you feel your concerns are unacceptable, and could make you reconsider your account. Even then, there's not much chance of getting anything done - but at least that's a better solution than simply giving up on it and then whining on PSOworld.

Honestly though - I think people are making way too much of a mountain out of a molehill. In another month, if we haven't gotten anything updated, then yeah - I could see considering canceling my account. I don't doubt that the updates will come though, and that we'll eventually get the same releases the JP playerbase has gotten.

Then again... I'm not one of those people who feel the need to impress others online with "uber rarez" that I ninja looted from some random game - so the lack of rares at the moment doesn't bother me a bit. The only thing I want right now are the storyline missions, expert classes, and most weapon types and techniques unlocked. That's it.

AkiraXxx
Nov 30, 2006, 01:51 PM
On 2006-11-30 05:27, Pandatron wrote:
Alrighty so PSU JP came out on Aug. 31st, and the first update wasn't technically avaliable till Oct. 5th. That means it was about a month before the JP even saw there first update from there after which they began to see one weekly or bi-weekly.

On the other hand PSU NA came out Oct. 24th, and the first update was Nov. 16th less than a month for an update compared to JP players. However NA player recieved the first update sooner and by not regularly reciving updates complain about lack of content.

Thus i pose the question of the topic, are we NA players being impatient? Or rather by Sonic Team (ST) giving us this single update we've built expectations similiar to the JP schedule in which we hope for something every week or bi-weekly?

In terms of updating schedule i'm using the thread provided in the link belowed with a compressed updated schedule posted by AeraLure.

http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=128191&forum=20&start=15

No, these foriengers keep comming out with these grinding games for us and keep leaving us with shit content, it happens on ALL foriegn games turned english or made english compatible. And quite frankly im getting sick and fucking tired of it. In the end it seems like we might possible NOT have everything the japanese have, because thats how it always turns out in these types of games.
For one, I came to realize this game is actually already dead, I was pretty bugged last night to sign on and see universe 1 with 1 damn star. I mean seriously, what GOOD mmo is like that. They need to just catch us up to the japanese because at this rate everyone except maybe 400 fanboys is going to quit.

As it stands now probably more then half of the game population will cancel thier accounts if nothing comes out later today, which is pretty sad. I personally already canceld my ps2 account. And most likely ill just file for a chargeback on my 210 day subscription if things dont improve asap, I dont really care if the account gets banned because I wont play this stupid shit anyways. Tired of these biased bastards using us americans and euro players. Theres MUCH better games to be paying 10 dollars a month for seriously.

Besides once Huxley comes out im probably gone anyways, only 10$ for a mmofps that uses the unreal engine. How can u go wrong with that.

PJ
Nov 30, 2006, 03:48 PM
I'm not reading the whole topic

The answer is a big fucking YES

EDIT: Damnit, I had to come across this post

On 2006-11-30 09:26, Zalana wrote:
Were not impatient. Stop making us out to be like that. Were just tired of waiting for our updates to a game. The JP players have been spoiled since PSO v2. We've been biting the bad end of the stick since then. Stop making all these comparisons because, their doing nothing but, making it worse than what it already is. I'd just like them to give us info and let us know of when the updates are going to go in effect.

Shut. The. Fucking. Fuck. Up. NOW.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. Learn first, then speak.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-11-30 12:53 ]</font>

Dragon_Knight
Nov 30, 2006, 08:40 PM
On 2006-11-30 09:11, Tenzntwentiez wrote:
On PSU i can honestly say i have slain De ragan and his whole family line dating back to the renaissance, and killed enough of those mexican jumping beans in the relics to make a burrito for the gods.

Don't ask why but that line had me laughing so hard for 5 minutes strait. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif