PDA

View Full Version : PSO-World-Sponsored PSU Free-Form Role Play

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 30, 2006, 03:43 PM
I've mentioned this in a few threads before, and as there is demand for it, I am now making a formal announcement, that PSO-World will be sponsoring in-game PSU Free-Form Role Playing. As an old RPer and world builder myself, I see the opportunity this holds (I actually wanted to do this with PSO, but it never panned out). I am establishing this thread to lay down how this is going to work.

First off, until such a time that the number of RP threads becomes overwhelming, Fan Works will be the home of PSO-World's PSU RP. If the need is sufficient, we will consider an RP-dedicated forum. I encourage those who are interested to begin threads to keep track of your RP characters' Storylines. For those playing PSU on PC, I reccomend that you use the chat logs found in your documents, under SEGAPHANTASY STAR UNIVERSELOG to aid in writing your posts. It is also my suggestion that these threads be treated much like group-fics for those who interact with the storyline.

There is the matter of rules for the randomization of decisions. It is unclear to me, at this time, what events the game can compensate for already, and what will require dice rolls. For now, I am submitting that the /random command be used to roll its 1d1000, under the rule that 450 and above is a success, while 900 and above is a critical success. Rolling 449 or lower will result in a failed check. Rolling 10 or below will considered a critical botch. This rule may be temporary, until we can establish something that better considers a player's level, and possibly class or race. For now, at least, this will be the general rule to judge all rolls from.

Until such a time that PSU natively offers support for PvP, we will need to agree on a system to accomodate such. Until such a time that we have established a set of rules that satisfactorily incorporates level, race and class, I propose that the above mentioned dice system is used for turn-based, proctored combat, to a number of rounds or points that is agreed upon by each party involved prior to the beginning of the match. A player's turn will consist of announcing the attack, casting his or her /random, and possibly using lobby actions or some such thing to act out the results, depending on the mood of the players involved.

To keep things stirred up, from time to time, there will be official PSO-World Story Events that will be enacted upon the servers. Volunteers will be needed for both PC/PS2 and Xbox 360 servers, for these purposes. Where possible, these events will be headed by PSO-World staff members.

The final decision to make, is to choose a Universe for this activity. We will not use Universe 15, as I am certain that many PSO-Worlders do not intend to be assumed to be RPing.

Interested parties are invited to express their thoughts and concerns in this thread. Any suggestions regarding the rules system are welcomed. There will be a floating sticky created, for those who wish to include their RP characters in some form of "formal" registry.

Sgt_Shligger
Nov 30, 2006, 04:48 PM
Ok, so the actualy RPing will be done on a PSU server, not posted in the forum?

DonRoyale
Nov 30, 2006, 06:22 PM
Hey, SS, maybe you don't need to make one...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I like it, it's a good idea.

Of course, I'll have to finish my story first, which WILL take a while.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 30, 2006, 07:02 PM
On 2006-11-30 13:48, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
Ok, so the actualy RPing will be done on a PSU server, not posted in the forum?

Primarily, in-game, on the server, and we use Fan Works to keep record of occurances by writing detailed synopsis (or stories) of your characters' events; though those who'd prefer to just make a simple group-fic with no in-game component will not be impeded.

Sgt_Shligger
Nov 30, 2006, 07:13 PM
Alrighty, so the characters submission is simply the character you use on the server or. . . I have too many question for this >_>

When will this start?

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 30, 2006, 07:40 PM
That's correct, Shligger. It will be the character you use on the server.

As for when the RPing starts... Assume that it is meant to start immediately.

Sgt_Shligger
Nov 30, 2006, 08:44 PM
Ok, immediately ;D

What server is this going to be on and where can I find you or another GM (if there is one)?

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 30, 2006, 08:50 PM
This is Free-Form RP; this means that there is no GM. It's up to you to role play your character and build relationships with other characters.

As for what server this is to be on, that's something that needs to be discussed. I am aware that there is already some manner of RPing going on, but what we need to do is establish a universe where we can assume that all players are RPing. In short, we need some community input on this. That is a big part of the purpose of this thread.

Doing a quick forum search, it looks like the community is leaning toward Universe 17. Any comments on this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2006-11-30 17:58 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Nov 30, 2006, 08:54 PM
Hmmm, well I would pick a remote universe (no pun). 17 or 7 look pretty empty. . . and their slightly lucky O.o

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 30, 2006, 09:05 PM
Oh, yes, another comment I have; To conform to PSU's story environment, I am suggesting a little variation in the typical semantics: PSU should have no guilds. Supposedly, all player characters are Guardians by profession. Therefore, I submit that rather than "guilds", we have "units". Organized groups from whatever branch of the Guardians players may choose.

Sgt_Shligger
Nov 30, 2006, 09:11 PM
Add some mystery to this and say we don't tell our site username ;D
Leave us figure out who it is which adds a little bit the role play and is something to bring up later on ;D

Actually, that's slightly unreasonable >_>;
So we'll basically be playing PSU but role playing our character or will we using our characters to communicate with other Role players?

Or is it a combination of both <.>

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 30, 2006, 09:34 PM
When RPing, you will be the character, and anything spoken will be in-character. You will speak for the character, not yourself. There is, furthermore, a fourth wall-- that is, your character is not aware that they are part of a game.

If you really need to communicate something out of character (which ideally should be kept to a minimum), standard procedure is to include that statement between a double set of parynthesis (()).

Actions that you cannot convey via lobby actions or something similar, should be denoted as such. One standard is to enclose it between double colons such as this-- ::kicks something:: --if you want to be a little more creative with it, variations (such as *~ ~* or * * or -= =-) are acceptable.

As far as not sharing your PSOW username, that's entirely up to the player. You can choose to register or not register your character. Registration is not required.

UltimateCarl
Dec 1, 2006, 01:57 AM
I'll definitely be down with this, soon as I level Meena a bit more and scrounge up enough meseta to finally decide on a look for her...

Anyway, yeah, I already play in Uni 17 all the time, and I'm always in character. Just droppin' a line that I support this and to say that I'm happy this is actually getting off the ground. I think I remember an attempt at getting RPing going somewhere on PSO, but of course it failed pretty miserably.

Anyway, thanks for this. Hope to see you guys in game!

Pentence
Dec 1, 2006, 02:34 AM
3 words....Took long enough

Anyway not bad not bad i liekthe ideas so far .I currently have some work on my forum that i will likely transfer here.

Will it be ok to submit works that give not an alternate backgound but a more indepth detailed one of Gurhals history?(it is not based enitrly on offical materials but it is close)

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 1, 2006, 03:15 AM
Fan fiction is your clay to mold, Pentence. We'll see how the community embraces whatever you may submit for background information.

Tatha-kitten
Dec 1, 2006, 06:01 AM
I welcome this completely and utterly, can't wait to get started. hmm... i should spruce up a bit.

*polishes Lain's leg plates*

Lord_Kratos
Dec 1, 2006, 08:46 AM
im game for this where do i sign up? or do i just say i in it

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 1, 2006, 11:05 AM
Just hang around in-character on Universe 17, Kratos. Announce your character in this (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=128625&forum=12) thread, if you like.

MXdude
Dec 1, 2006, 01:26 PM
Sounds interesting, tho iv never really tried RPing berfore. Will there be a backstory of the universe for everyone to play off of?

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 1, 2006, 02:17 PM
If you want some additional backstory, I advise that you play through Story Mode to get a more thorough idea of the world the game takes place in, if you haven't already.

Lashiens
Dec 1, 2006, 05:36 PM
*applauds*

Can't hardly wait.

Chaoz2209
Dec 1, 2006, 08:32 PM
i think this is a great idea. I never been n any thing like this, but it's cool. Wear is fan works, its on the game right. How do i sign up or any thing like that.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 1, 2006, 10:38 PM
Choaz, you may identify your RP character in this (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=128625&forum=12) thread if you like, but it is not required. All you need to do, is go to Universe 17 and begin interacting with others you may find there in-character.

juno-6
Dec 2, 2006, 04:01 AM
omfg, i semi-rp like all the time just to have fun and act stupid lol. this is gonna' be cool in a geeky loserish video game roleplaying kind of way, just hope enuff of yous are on the 360....

silvanas
Dec 2, 2006, 11:47 AM
im in, and on the 360.... i cant think of anything elce to say.

Xelpher
Dec 2, 2006, 02:48 PM
Rawrs~ I can't wait to play! I'm on the ps2 so yeah...I hope to see a lot of you there ~ n.n;

Cranberry
Dec 2, 2006, 06:26 PM
Does this have to be PSU exclusive? I don't fully understand the rules here but I believe I read that no in-game components are required. Can we use PSO characters in this too? Since this is a fantasy RPG is there any reason we can't merge them together? At least the parts that don't require anything to be done in game.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 2, 2006, 06:59 PM
If you want to RP on PSO, then go right ahead, but this is dominantly an in-game PSU thing. If you want to begin a PSO-based group fic or RP thread, then go right ahead. Without PSU, however, you will not be able to interact with the in-game portion of the activities, where the heart of this will be going on.

SylphKnight
Dec 2, 2006, 07:20 PM
Well, this might be speaking a bit late, but I've been supporting some pretty heavy PnP-inspired Role-Playing sessions every Sunday for my Online Guild, Vagrant Knights (http://z6.invisionfree.com/Vagrant_Knights/index.php?act=SC&c=6). However, I must admit I had not thought about using the Dice System for any of our events which have all been based on PvM combat in addition to alternative characters being used to simulate interactive Cut-Scene events via Macros.

I am interested to see how this will turn out and will very likely participate on occasion. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Good luck and let me know what I can do to help! Best way to contact me is via E-Mail at [email protected]

Chaoz2209
Dec 2, 2006, 08:12 PM
u said some thing about dice roll how do u do that

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 3, 2006, 04:15 PM
There are two ways to roll dice in PSU. You can type /dice to roll 1, 6-sided die, or you can type /random to pull up a random number between 1 and 1000. For the purposes of role play, we will be using the /random command.

Quils
Dec 5, 2006, 05:52 PM
I'm already part of an RP group but I hope to run into some of you. It will be quite
interesting. (Oh yeah WooTs for my first post)

Sgt_Shligger
Dec 5, 2006, 06:46 PM
We should schedule a day of the week RP'rs can meet on the universe. I was on yesterday and found one person who was RPing on 17 >.>

A specific time of day is too much but a day of the week sounds reasonable ;D

Suggestions >.>

Silverthorne
Dec 6, 2006, 05:05 AM
I would very much be interested in this. I will see you on-line. My only problem is, most of the time I am on-line it is late in the evening.. or early in the morning.

Hartless
Dec 6, 2006, 11:07 AM
hey im very interseted in this but i have been on the sever 17 on xbox 360 and there hasnt been anyone on there so i was wondering whats happerning for the xbox or is this only for pc ?

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 6, 2006, 11:13 AM
I'd like this to be universal to both PC and Xbox, though personally, I am on PC.

Hartless
Dec 6, 2006, 12:41 PM
O cool if you need someone to help out on the xbox severs im up for it im just working on my charaters story and background lol

Saito S
Dec 6, 2006, 04:04 PM
Though I never did any RPing on PSO, I do tons of it in real life. I also write sci-fi and fantasy anyway, and had some neat ideas for character backstories in PSO, so this looks pretty interesting to me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

One question I had though...the in-game portion, would it all be in lobbies/cities, or would we actually head into missions and continue the game, RPing as we fight off baddies? I ask because you have mentioned demonstrating actions through lobby actions several times...I was wondering if taking on missions would also be part of this. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jonty
Dec 6, 2006, 04:21 PM
I'll be on universe 17... On the 360 ^_^

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 6, 2006, 04:41 PM
On 2006-12-06 13:04, Blue_Flame wrote:
One question I had though...the in-game portion, would it all be in lobbies/cities, or would we actually head into missions and continue the game, RPing as we fight off baddies? I ask because you have mentioned demonstrating actions through lobby actions several times...I was wondering if taking on missions would also be part of this. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anywhere in-game is fair play, including during Free Missions.

Hartless
Dec 7, 2006, 03:08 PM
hey again if you want ill monitor the 360 severs for ya if you want ?

Ruffian
Dec 7, 2006, 06:35 PM
Penumbra & myself will be hanging round UNI 17 probably bring some friends along who are interested too. Sounds like it's off to a good start.

-Let me know what I can do to help out in ANY way...?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruffian on 2006-12-07 15:36 ]</font>

Maiku-san
Dec 8, 2006, 12:38 AM
I GUESS I'm in =P

I sort of see this as a new way of playing PSU, with more interaction. I tend to do this sort of thing online anyway. I act as though my character acts rather than just be myself.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 8, 2006, 12:56 PM
Hartless, I don't see that the servers need "monitoring", persay, but I'll certainly keep your eagerness in mind when it comes time to do PSO-World Story Events on the Xbox version.

Matariel
Dec 9, 2006, 02:06 PM
I adore Roleplaying, and I've been an "Addict" for at least a few years now. I did it on many forum sites, FFXI, and maybe even a little on PSO. I'd be highly interested in doing it on PSU as well, so you might expect me dropping by.

A little off topic, but, FIRST POST! Hi.

Chaoz2209
Dec 13, 2006, 01:38 PM
hey meira when and what time will u be on i'ed like to meet u and play a little

Quils
Dec 17, 2006, 03:32 PM
I'm always looking for people to roleplay with so if anyone is interested just let me know.
I'm an amateur writer but I'm very good with coming up with plots and ideas. ^_^

Pentence
Dec 19, 2006, 03:59 PM
Ok well i am submiting a bunch of my background work that explains some of the PSU univeres.I make all of them based in the stuff sega gives us as much as real science and theorys.So i hope you all enjoy. Also i like challenges so if ya wanna see me come up with an explination for how something in PSU works pm me the idea.

Ryo_Sakura
Dec 27, 2006, 07:27 PM
Ok can someone fill me in...that's a lot of thread to read...i'm a n00b (my sig says so) my character's name is the same as my account name...i haven't gotten online yet (i have to convince my dad it's a good idea) but i plan to visit universe 17 soon...in a nutshell what does this thread have to say and what is the likelihood of meeting up with someone involved in this RP?

ps this is simply perfect; i've been looking for people like you all...people who are willing to make this as real (and hopefully in turn as fun) as possible...the whole "your character shouldn't know he/she is in a game is how i like to play but it's hard to find people who play like that...so i will be getting my own ps2 soon and my own copy of the game (my bro and i are sharing for now) and we'll be able to play together online with the lot o' ya...see you space cowboy...

Ryo_Sakura
Dec 27, 2006, 07:31 PM
my email is [email protected]

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 27, 2006, 07:36 PM
The most important bits of information are in the first post. Treat the rest of the thread as a FAQ littered with praises.

Ryo_Sakura
Dec 28, 2006, 12:29 PM
I read somewhere something that made me think that extra mode characters can be converted into network mode characters...is there any truth to this notion or am i just making things up to make myself happy...also is there a preferred time to RP...i guess people are playing in different time zones so i'm asking is there a specific "beat time" or GMT time that i can be sure (almost) to meet up with some one?

ps this is a check to see if my email shows up...i put it in "public email" so it should so could someone tell me if it does? thanx

Ryo_Sakura
Dec 30, 2006, 10:18 AM
Where do we turn in our character's backstory?

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 30, 2006, 01:53 PM
On 2006-12-30 07:18, Ryo_Sakura wrote:
Where do we turn in our character's backstory?

You can start with that, here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=128625&forum=12). As for a particular time for RPing, well, there's not really a specific time for it. Try to be around when the servers are busier in general, as there should be more RPers on around those times. Otherwise, you can conspire with other RPers to arrange for times to meet up.

Cassee
Jan 21, 2007, 05:47 PM
Gah! How did I overlook this thread(especially since it's a sticky)? This is -exactly- the sort of thing I've been looking for, and I've just been skipping over it by some misguided miracle. XD; Now I just have to hope there's a good bunch of people doing this on the PC/PS2 side... *starts lurking about Uni-17*

BWS-1
Jan 28, 2007, 11:49 PM
I miss the good ol times of the dying PSO ver2 days where, to kill time (and ourselves, accidently) a few of my friends and I would go in Forest1 in Battle Mode and rp ... not to mention that in battle mode, there is collision with other players and friendly fire, just runs in that mode are even more ... tactically challenging, but add to that RP factor... god I miss these last days.

I'd be glad to RP in PSU, been hoping to find people to RP with, in fact, my default approach to people in PSU is in character, and I get some weird looks for that every now and then haha >.>

It's like ... At least on WoW you have RP servers where you expect that by default people will RP (even tho it sadly isn't that much the case, but so far, at least not on the chat channels, people have been in character when encountering them in the while, which makes it quite enjoyable, at least, when you're in that sort of entertainment) but on PSU, to have such a thread here in PSOW will greatly help match up groups of people for some RP action.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BWS-1 on 2007-01-28 20:50 ]</font>

Emrald
Feb 27, 2007, 05:14 PM
PC/ps2

Emmy is sitting on universe 17 looking for people to RP with and add to her RP section of her guild card list (top piority!) I haven't had a good rp in a while! Come on! let's get a nice rp group started!

Kaisar
Apr 15, 2007, 08:50 PM
Are people still doing this on Universe 17? Been away for a while and I want to rp with people if there is people interested.

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 16, 2007, 05:16 PM
Universe 17 is still the RP universe, but unfortunately, there's not a lot in the way of population.

Kind of the Catch-22 of RP is that it takes a decently sized RP community to attract more RPers, and when there's only a handful of disassociated RPers around, the community doesn't really get moving.

Hmm...

It seems to me, that to get this rolling (roling? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif), what we need is an event. A meet-and-greet, of sorts.

<_<

I suppose I should get planning.

EDIT: I'd like to remind everyone that you can "register" your character in this floating sticky (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=128625&forum=12). Registration is not required to participate in PSO-World-sponsored RP, but the thread exists as a convenience.

I'd also like to remind everyone that I don't really intend for this RP community to be limited to PSO-World. I'd like to welcome RPers from all PSU communities into this, with PSO-World as just a single facet in a much larger community. This is on the premise that the more RPers we have together, the better. PSO-World is just one hub by which RPers can communicate and organize with eachother.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2007-04-16 16:08 ]</font>

Particle
Apr 26, 2007, 07:35 PM
Hmm... a meet-and-greet would be the best option, yes; and I would strongly recommend the trading of Partner Cards with everyone that shows up. This'll aid in letting each other know who's on and if they're in 'RP Mode' (i.e., in Universe 17).
And as a suggestion, I think we should plan RP'ing dates: a time of the week that we know they're will be at least some players online who are prepared to RP. Obviously we'd need to produce a date that'll suit most people - if not everyone - and a time that'll be suitable for people on both sides of the pond, if you get my meaning - a time that will be convenient for folks in the States and folks in Europe.

EDIT: Oh, I'm recruiting players on my end for this, so I'm doing my part. You may now refer to me as Chaplain. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Particle on 2007-04-26 17:37 ]</font>

Emrald
Apr 30, 2007, 06:31 PM
if any ps2/pcers wana rp i'm on uni 17 first floor of g colony right now

Quils
Jun 11, 2007, 09:06 AM
How many people currently rp on PSU at this time?

Emrald
Jun 12, 2007, 03:14 PM
I still do...

DurakkenX
Jun 27, 2007, 03:50 AM
why is there no actual RP-thread here? RP in-game is actually very limiting given the nature of PSU...

Emrald
Jun 30, 2007, 02:39 PM
In game RPing is fun! So is Text Rping but In game Rping is just as fun!

Losyl
Oct 18, 2007, 12:21 AM
Well i would RP if i could get together with someone...on PS2 just set a time to get together and ill try to be there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
My main is a female Newman named Arkaya btw

HotokoHoshi
Nov 6, 2007, 04:32 PM
Um....so can I join? This sounds fun! I'm Hotoko Hoshi BTW lvl 56 ATM.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 6, 2007, 11:29 PM
You're quite welcome to join in, HotokoHoshi. The RP movement needs as many RPers as it can get!

SylphKnight
Nov 19, 2007, 11:26 AM
My Role-Playing Guild, Unit-V, has returned to PSU! I hope that our community can help provide an exciting atmosphere with our fellow Role-Players in PSU. I will begin posting announcements of our activities as we start hosting them again.

We have a very unique Role-Playing Episodic System called INS (Internal Nemesis System), which we have several members act out the main villains of the plot. Don't worry-- we have some strict guidelines as to how these villains must be acted out, so the feel more like comic-book villains instead of the vastly overused "I'm better than you" name-callers that some folks try to use as 'evil' characters (and boy are there too many of those!).

We've conducted 5 episodes of the INS in the past before we went on haitus from february on, but Episode 5 pretty much left off where AoI begins. I'll let the community know about these events as they become available. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Thanks folks! I'll see you in the game!

Covikt
Mar 7, 2008, 11:00 PM
So is this Roleplaying Movement still happening or has it come to a screeching halt? Cause in any instance I would like...no Love to find some fellow Roleplayers to hang around with on 360 servers....Coming from a few roleplaying forums and loving everybit of it...it would be fun to get back to my roots so to speak and gather with a group or "Unit" As the first post stated so if anyone on the RP servers feels like hitting me up I play my Newman Acrotecher named Matt .... Usually donning a very....Purple suit lol

Covikt
Mar 16, 2008, 02:07 AM
Obviously it has stopped...damn I was really looking forward to having a permanent group/unit to RP with T3T Makes me sad just thinking of things that might have been...But if anyone ever LOOKS at this thread and decides to look me up I'm playing my beast lately named Rihawk Usually hanging around Air Pavilion doing gawd knows what to my knowledge

demondarkwolf
Mar 23, 2008, 12:04 AM
hey every one ill be on this rp thing i like how it reads so ill give it a try my char is named darkwolf im a lvl 45 fighgunner and ill be looking to see u all there on the ps2 server univers 17 later

Kelvie
May 29, 2008, 02:49 PM
How is PSU's RP going ? Any event scheduled soon ? I have been willing to RP on this game since day one, but had REALLY little chance to do it. ;_;

Totori
Jun 3, 2008, 02:25 PM
COME ON SOMEONE revive this thing PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelvie
Jun 7, 2008, 10:54 AM
I do my best. D:
Maybe we should organize a meeting or something, but the problem is : how would we make peoples come? :\

Totori
Jun 7, 2008, 04:04 PM
that could be a problem we would just have to set up a in game or out game meeting i perfer in game and see how many would like to revive this

Rhedrimond
Jun 7, 2008, 04:24 PM
There are a few fairly active role-playing groups/guilds on the PS2/PC servers, each with their respective forums. Two have events fairly often, both of which are usually open to the public. I can post links, if requested and allowed, or I can simply offer the information to anyone via PM.

As a spokesperson for one such group, I can say that most of the role-playing community would love to help the vitality of the PSO-World roleplay, as well as PSU roleplaying in general.

Totori
Jun 8, 2008, 06:20 AM
Yes then what would we do now i've been looking for a group to Role play sence i've first started playing PSU
please post a link or PM me about your group

Kelvie
Jun 8, 2008, 10:32 AM
I, too, request informations about those groups.

Rhedrimond
Jun 8, 2008, 03:50 PM
Well, since SylphKnight posted about the Unit-V, I suppose it would not hurt to post a blurb about us here.

The RP group I hail from is the Vanguard, an RP community that has thrived for well over a year and a half, now. We are not a guild, but rather a player-driven roleplaying community that is open to everyone. There are no requirements for joining or any storyline restrictions-- all that is needed is common courtesy and the will to RP!

As an open community, we have previously and continue to work with other RP groups and guilds, such as the Zouryx Empire and the late Unit-V. We hold weekly RP events and bi-weekly OOC meetings.

Our forums can be found here: http://z11.invisionfree.com/GurhalGuardianCorps

There is another active group, a proper guild that also sponsors RP, but I do not have the authority to publicize for them-- however, I will still offer that information by PM. If posting the link to our forums was inappropriate in this topic, I apologize and will gladly delete it.

EDIT: Also, Kelvie, your username looks familiar-- were you part of another RP community board at one time? I think that one was run by a player named "malkavian" or somesuch, if I recall.

Kelvie
Jun 9, 2008, 02:29 AM
You bet my username looks familiar! I, indeed, was on that one community board, that lived for a short amount of time.

If you could, please, send me via mp the informations about the other active rp guild, I would be grateful to you.

CoV-Shana
Jun 12, 2008, 12:33 AM
Oh, yes, another comment I have; To conform to PSU's story environment, I am suggesting a little variation in the typical semantics: PSU should have no guilds. Supposedly, all player characters are Guardians by profession. Therefore, I submit that rather than "guilds", we have "units". Organized groups from whatever branch of the Guardians players may choose.

That's a good idea. Not only Guardians but we could have people like Rogues, Communion members, AMF soldiers, and the like. I'm all for this idea, this sounds like a lot of fun. You got my full support, Meira!

I'll have to think up my character asap.