PDA

View Full Version : Why you don't see many Ep2 games online.

Kupi
Nov 22, 2002, 10:00 PM
Today, whilst running yet another doomed market game on Normal, I arbitrarily decided to go soloing Episode 2 while I waited for someone to show up. Well, guess what? I got about two rooms into the Temple, Spaceship, and Seabed before quitting. It certainly wasn't because I was being beaten; I would hope that a level 64 FOmar could hold his own in Normal, even with bare fists and no magic. The problem, then? Switch doors! Every single map required me to step on two switches at once to proceed, which I couldn't since I only had myself with me! -_-#

That's why you don't see many Episode 2 games online: you can't solo it while waiting for party members. Oof.

Sedyne
Nov 22, 2002, 10:44 PM
1. The first two levels of the game compeltely suck
2. Most people don't want to play ep2 because they have to go through the two stupid boring VR levels before entering the fun beutiful levels.
3. Ep1 is overall easier to play. Ep2 = HELL After VR

Rhete
Nov 22, 2002, 10:49 PM
On 2002-11-22 19:44, SedyneX930 wrote:

Whaaat? Gal Da Val island is so easy, only kind of hard on Ult with the stupid gizonde shooters

Not to mention it has no 2 switch doors http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Scan_Man
Nov 22, 2002, 10:50 PM
On 2002-11-22 19:44, SedyneX930 wrote:
1. The first two levels of the game compeltely suck
2. Most people don't want to play ep2 because they have to go through the two stupid boring VR levels before entering the fun beutiful levels.

Pretty much sums it up.

I'm on import, and no one playing EP2 has been a trend since I got the game. Interesting that its the same way on US version.

Fonewearl has the easiest time in ultimate EP2 imo. Last week, I got through ult seabed in 20 minutes with a team.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Nov 22, 2002, 11:16 PM
I blame the tedious VR stages. When I create teams with all the Episode II stages unlocked, people like to play through the short and pretty stages :3

Spacepest
Nov 22, 2002, 11:33 PM
Yes, the VR stages are long, boring, and harder then the rest of the game stages in ep1. And annoying too, I hate being paralyzed over and over in VR Temple by stupid flowers. However, if you've managed to get the rest of the pretty levels unlocked i've noticed you will have no problem finding people to join your team. XD

DirewolfX
Nov 22, 2002, 11:40 PM
Why do people dislike the VR stages? They're no more tedious than the Caves, the Mines or the Ruins. Granted, all the traps in VR spaceship kinda suck... but the VR Temple is pretty easy.

Scan_Man
Nov 22, 2002, 11:46 PM
On 2002-11-22 20:40, DirewolfX wrote:
Why do people dislike the VR stages? They're no more tedious than the Caves, the Mines or the Ruins. Granted, all the traps in VR spaceship kinda suck... but the VR Temple is pretty easy.

Because they are long and have too many path ways. Even if you done the vr levels plenty of times, you can still get turned around. Last, vr stages give crap exp.

Castoth
Nov 22, 2002, 11:54 PM
The thing though is that certain rares can only be found in Episode II. More people will probably start playing them once they find most of the rares in Episode I.

And you have to be in a team to advance at all online in most of Episode II? That bites. Too bad the walk through doors trick doesn't work anymore. Now I actually have to compete in teams for rares in those areas. Either that or play offline which probably doesn't have as many enemies so less of a chance for finding them and gaining experience. Sounds like ST really botched up Episode II if no one wants to play it.