PDA

View Full Version : Jury duty...

Mystil
Dec 1, 2006, 04:41 PM
I really hope I don't get called -.-..... the last one I went too almost killed me(72hours with no sleep) then when we deliberated one of the jurors refused to agree with our verdict..so we were stuck. Eventually(about 10PM) he gave in.

I even almost got contempt of court for sleeping(I passed out -.-).

Then if I do get called, I hope it falls on my day off or something.

Now I got called in october, but I moved to a new house and didn't get the notice. So they were out to get me. But luckily my mom sorted that out and they gave me another chance(in Georgia if you don't report to jury duty, you go to jail).

DikkyRay
Dec 1, 2006, 07:10 PM
man that really sucks... and i am nieve and cant say what Jury duty is like...
man i dont wanna grow up...

Mystil
Dec 1, 2006, 11:21 PM
Not to discouraged voting..but that's how you get into the selective service in the US. Just that a lot of states enforce "not going" differently. You get paid for going though, so. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

medusae
Dec 1, 2006, 11:39 PM
actually, in TX they do it by your driver's license now.. so you might as well vote here.

Jarek
Dec 2, 2006, 03:06 AM
I actually just spent all of November on call for this...
but the call never came. I was rather neutral about it though; I didn't really care if I went or not.
72 hours though...wow, I feel for ya. Hope the next one is..quicker? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Mystil
Dec 7, 2006, 06:51 PM
Results~

My number was 625.

Monday - 1-215
Tuesday - 216-301
Wednesday - 301-325
Thursday - No one needed.
Friday - No one needed.

Me - Escaped Jury Duty for another year.

Daikarin
Dec 8, 2006, 05:56 AM
I never understood (or, yes, agreed with, for that matter) the logic behind that law, of one having to be available to perform jury duty in order to vote.

Good luck with next year.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2006-12-08 03:00 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Dec 8, 2006, 06:34 AM
On 2006-12-01 20:21, Mystil wrote:
Not to discouraged voting..but that's how you get into the selective service in the US. Just that a lot of states enforce "not going" differently. You get paid for going though, so. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Here we get paid $10 total for jury duty. Great compensation for being dragged out of work/family/everything...

Also, not signing up for selective service gets you to not qualify for scholarships, jobs, driver's license, and a slew of other things and can (and often does) result in various penalties of the more severe kind. It's best to sign up whether you want to or not as Uncle Sam has very good eyesight on such things.

Dangerous55
Dec 8, 2006, 04:49 PM
72 hours with no sleep? Dude the places arent even open that long. If you get picked just say you can't fairly hear the trial during the selection. You'll still be there a while but won't get picked.

Mystil
Dec 8, 2006, 06:23 PM
72hrs because I could not get time off from my job. Sorry, I should have explained that better. Getting done with the trail and then immediatly heading to work. Then getting off from work and having to go back to the trail the following day. Deliberation was so long on the final day that I wanted to die D:.

Dangerous55
Dec 8, 2006, 07:05 PM
On 2006-12-08 15:23, Mystil wrote:
72hrs because I could not get time off from my job. Sorry, I should have explained that better. Getting done with the trail and then immediatly heading to work. Then getting off from work and having to go back to the trail the following day. Deliberation was so long on the final day that I wanted to die D:.

Wow dude. Your work sucks. Usually they pay you for the hours at Jury duty. Should be a law.

Mystil
Dec 9, 2006, 08:58 AM
Well that was my mistake with the pay thing. I did get 30$ from the service itself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2006-12-09 06:00 ]</font>