PDA

View Full Version : Advice for gaining weight?

Allos
Dec 1, 2006, 09:03 PM
I've had mono for the past few weeks and I'm in the process of recovering (finally), but I went from 135 to 120 pounds while I was sick. In short...I look really really skinny and I'd like to gain that weight back (healthily of course). Anyone else been in a similar situation or anyone have advice as to how to go about this?

Neoswayne
Dec 1, 2006, 09:42 PM
make your own food and when recipes call for oil, use butter. Do not exercise as much. Make sure your diet is well balanced too. I have that problem but don't have mono....genetics. I'm 17 and yet I only weigh 125 lbs. My friend had mono, so I would guess it would be like most other infections. Drink a lot of fluid and eat plenty.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neoswayne on 2006-12-01 18:48 ]</font>

Vorpal
Dec 1, 2006, 09:44 PM
One more post until 1,000 for you lol.

Watch TV/Play games/Eat a little more junk food. Or a lot of healthy food. And more soda. And less Excercise.

Neoswayne
Dec 1, 2006, 10:06 PM
Actually now that I give it some nore thought, I would say do not over tax your body. A great sway in your metabolism is very bad. Make sure you don't over exercise or under exercise. Keep a balanced healthy meal, but you will want to eat a larger amount and eat a few more fats and carbohydrates. Drink plenty of water to keep your body system working actively, esp. your digestive tract. well, I guess that's all the advice I can give you from 3 highschool medical classes! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Allos
Dec 1, 2006, 10:51 PM
Thanks guys, it's appreciated.

EphekZ
Dec 1, 2006, 11:07 PM
weight gainers?

medusae
Dec 1, 2006, 11:26 PM
Protein shakes are good for that. They're really expensive, but they kept my weight constant when I was bedridden and unable to chew solid food for 2 weeks after surgery, plus will be nutritious. I'd say one a day would be good.. just don't eat a ton of meats along with them, because a lot of protein is just as bad for you as too little.

Also, eat healthy items, but eat them later at night when your metabolism is naturally slowing down.

Dhylec
Dec 1, 2006, 11:41 PM
On 2006-12-01 20:07, darkgunner wrote:
weight gainers?

Kind of strange, but true. In a place (& time) where most people only wanna lose pounds, there are some who wants to gain weight.

My light-eating habit has kept me from gaining what I want, but I guess that's fine. ;]

Shattered_weasel
Dec 2, 2006, 02:22 AM
No need for any of this.

Main thing you can do is eat some food before you go to sleep. Anything with peanut butter in it would be beautiful.

MasterJoel
Dec 2, 2006, 03:32 AM
i am 22 and weigh 125. i keep saying i'm going to gain weight, but, i don't have the time or energy to keep motivated on a plan. but, i did ask my doctor about it. he said to make sure i eat 3 meals a day, and eat protein for breakfast. he suggested eggs or oatmeal every morning in leiu of a protein shake.

and exercise. like weight lifting and stuff. it's because i'm not doing that that i haven't gained any weight, despite 2 years of culinary school and 2 years of restaurant work.

anyhow, good luck!

tank1
Dec 2, 2006, 10:13 AM
Imo having more buttery snacks etc is probably gonna make you feel sick after awhile i advise you basically put more Meat in your diet (red preferably) or if your a vegetarian try meal replacment shakes alongside a normal meal.

Tweengo
Dec 2, 2006, 11:52 AM
I have a high metabolism (so I'm told), and no matter how much I eat, I don't get fat....which is handy 'cause then that means I can eat biscuits everyday http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Just relax, make some coffee, stick the T.V on and dip your biscuits into your drink and think 'aaaah, that's the stuff'.

Akdov
Dec 2, 2006, 12:27 PM
I lost 20 pounds when I was sick back in January. I found that exercising and eating in moderation over a period of 5 months works well. I recommend weight training to get the muscle mass back.

Hope you feel better Allos.

Neoswayne
Dec 2, 2006, 12:28 PM
Yes, we hope you get better you extreme, Supreme, Pantsless Commander!!
biscuit = cookie so don't freek out american people. lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neoswayne on 2006-12-02 09:41 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Dec 2, 2006, 03:49 PM
Eat fewer, larger meals, as that will help slow down your metabolism a bit. Also, it might help to have a nourishing snack before very soon before you go to bed.

Try to eat more healthy fats, like avocados, olive oils, etc.