PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 100k meseta reward for info

Jinxpalm
Dec 3, 2006, 01:58 AM
Ok my brother's account was hacked today by a guy named NeoN. Many of you know my brother's shop which is under the name of Carnage. If you go have a look you will see all his rares, items, meseta, decorations, EVERYTHING was taken. I know for a fact who did this as well because I caught them in the act. Another character name is Pappy. Anyway I want to report these guys to Xbox live. Microsoft can easilly track tampering through the log they keep of IP addesses and gamertag ID's. So if any of you out there have NeoN's partner card I will pay you 100k for their gamertag so I can have Microsoft check the IP addresses. Thanks.

Carbinne
Dec 3, 2006, 02:00 AM
So much for the Xbox 360 is unhackable. Or was this a case of "durr I give out my infos to a phisher scam" which doesn't really qualify as hacking?

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 3, 2006, 02:02 AM
Hacks running wild already~

Tahldon
Dec 3, 2006, 02:04 AM
Can you really identify that as hacking though?

He did have it on sale in his store.. you sure they didn't just -buy- the items?

I ask this just to give a benefit of a doubt..

But before you report it you might want to have some evidence to give and all that good kind of stuff. I'm not sure if you have it already or not.. but yeah.. they'll want something of the sorts for such a serious issue.

You're probably aware of this though..

Hm.. homework homework.. Might do some poking around now.. makes me curious..

Jinxpalm
Dec 3, 2006, 02:10 AM
Xbox 360 PSU is not hackable. They hacked his gamertag however which is linked to his account. Then they just logged on his char, took everything he had and traded it to a friend, and went on their way. My brother gets back online to see them having the same weapons he had on them, same armor, and then he was blacklisted by them instantly as they saw him.

Tahldon
Dec 3, 2006, 02:19 AM
Alright, I went and did a little investigating myself.

There are 3 Pappy chars. The third of which had a locked room.

I also checked Neon's shop, he's a cast and his room was - also- locked.

Pappy - Male Cast ID: 30024674
Neon - Male Cast ID: 30005773

That's all I can give for now.

This sure is suspicious.. hm..

Jinxpalm
Dec 3, 2006, 02:20 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Certainly not a coincidence my friend

Tahldon
Dec 3, 2006, 02:28 AM
Need more clues man..

What do you mean you saw them in the act?

Can you give descriptions at all?

Jinxpalm
Dec 3, 2006, 02:35 AM
Well my brother called me and said that he couldnt get on his 360 and I was like huh your on my buddy list. So I go to his room and see guy named Pappy there. And they blacklisted me using my brothers name. AFterwards I go to NeoN's shop to see Pappy there and both of them have my bro's items and talking and laughing then they blacklisted me as well.

On the positive note I have alot of connections and am almost 100% certain that NeoN's gamertag is wV NeoN Vw.

And his gamertag comments has a link which is: link removed which goes along with everything.

So if all goes well and Microsoft cares at all, this guy will be baneed from Live fairly soon.

Mod Edit: No linking to cheaters' sites.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T0m on 2006-12-03 08:15 ]</font>

SilentChasm
Dec 3, 2006, 02:48 AM
How can a gamertag be hacked?
Don't you need to know the Windows Live account info and password in order to recover one?

Jinxpalm
Dec 3, 2006, 02:51 AM
Apparently they hacked his Windows live pass and info to do such a thing. So they could hack just about anyone else's I guess.

FenixStryk
Dec 3, 2006, 03:24 AM
Sounds like all they did was figure out his Network Passport password, then proceded to Recover Gamertag then bone you. This seems more likely, IMO, than hacking your entire Gamertag. However, since I don't beleive either story, I'm of no use. Continue with your little charade.

hucast21
Dec 3, 2006, 04:10 AM
http://www.myspace.com/ppfneon

http://www.myspace.com/l_PPF_l_Pappy

These punk 17yr old kids hacked your brother's GT?

Are you sure Carnage didn't accidently drop hints to his Network Passport? Even then, you would need to provide the proper billing information and such to reset it...

Valkayree
Dec 3, 2006, 05:17 AM
On 2006-12-03 01:10, hucast21 wrote:
http://www.myspace.com/ppfneon

http://www.myspace.com/l_PPF_l_Pappy

These punk 17yr old kids hacked your brother's GT?

Lmao, nice work tracking these guys down. Wow looks like Microsofts anti-cheater/dipshit department has a lot to work with here...

Diablohead
Dec 3, 2006, 07:13 AM
Only way I can think of gaining someones xbl account info is to use the recover function on the 360, but you need the accounts credit card / debit card number and adress.

Sure he never left his xbl tag on a friends xbox360 in the past?

Randomness
Dec 3, 2006, 03:17 PM
One issue here is the belief that PSU on 360 can't be hacked. Anything with a connection to the internet can be hacked. There is no such thing as an unhackable system, its just one where the back door hasnt been found yet.

Carnage781
Dec 3, 2006, 04:45 PM
all you need is the Xbox.com login email and password

SilentChasm
Dec 3, 2006, 11:17 PM
Based on the PSOW, PSU Official Forums and GameFAQs threads, someone guessed his password or used a brute force method to gain access to his account and recovered it.
For security, set your windows live account to have the password expire every few months or less and ensure that NO ONE has access to anything that could be used in either determining the password or figuring out the secret question. Also make sure it's longer than the minimum and not used for other sites.

rena-ko
Dec 4, 2006, 07:10 AM
passwords to precious things should be as long as possible, written with all the different kinds of characters that can be used for it (letters, numbers, special icons, upper and lower case).
the more vital the info behind the password is, the more confuse and unpredictable your password should be:

in short:
make it so that you have to read it off a piece of paper which you hide somewhere secure...

xxTrystanxx
Dec 5, 2006, 03:21 PM
Definitely. I learned that the hard way. Had someone hack into my router, ended up with no internet for 2 days http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

JAYDEN
Dec 5, 2006, 04:44 PM
you guys did not deserve getting jacked, if your story is true. but in second thought people are saying that you had every rare item in the game at only being a level 38, items people have not seen, even some being stuck on level 50 for weeks. so to make a long story short people think a hacker got hacked.

Hartless
Dec 7, 2006, 04:27 PM
hey i saw a guy called NeoN and Thought of you his Gamer tag is : xtxl NeoN txtx
I think that was it thanks

Jinxpalm
Dec 11, 2006, 10:32 PM
Check GFAQS forums, this guy has hacked at least 3 other accounts.