PDA

View Full Version : im an idiot? Dumb with projects? idk whatto call it

DikkyRay
Dec 3, 2006, 04:46 PM
No this isnt going to be some rant about "OMG I HAVE TO MUCH HOMEWORK! MY TEACHERS ARE STUPID!!!". this is more of an "im such an idiot" rant

I dont know why i keep on doing this... I have a project due on wednsday. Its a fairly important project because it is in my worst class, and it was assigned ewll over a month ago. But because im an idiot, i wait until 3 days before it is due to strt on it. I am an idiot. I started out well. Three days after it was assigned i have information on it. But nothing really big. So now im screwed because i wasted all this time.

And this isnt the only thing i do this with. All big projects i wait a few days before to do. I dont know why. I do have A.D.H.D, but i know thats not it. I am able o control that to an extent. I have tried before tp put myself on a schedule, you know... this day i want at least 5 notecards... or gather more inforation on this date... But it never works.

Luckily i am a bright kid. I finished 7 in my class of 100, and i was the highest or second highest male GPA. The only thing i dont like about this project is that it is for Chemistry... and this is the only class i have ever struggled with. Ever. So thank God i was blessed with an able mind, and hopefully i can pull this project off with a B.

Kent
Dec 3, 2006, 07:22 PM
I have an environmental science essay due tomorrow morning (75% of my grade, fun fun). It was assigned about two months ago - I just started (and finished) it.

I sometimes have this habit, too, but usually when I'm in a bad mood, and need to work out some stress on something, instead of doing something productive, though... Or in this case, a combination of that, high fever, and coughing up gooey stuff of a suspiciously red color.

...Yeah. The important thing when this happens, is to not stress yourself. Get some headphones and whatever music you're comfortable with, and just grind at it. An ample supply of caffiene comes in handy, too (I'm usually half-awake when I get to class, after something like that... but I'm still the top of all my classes, for almost a year now).

Xaos127
Dec 4, 2006, 12:10 AM
Everybody does it, and it's not your fault - it's the teachers!
Why give a month ? It's not like anyone takes longer tha a week for any assignment, ever.
If they gave two weeks or something, you'd be all panicy and think it's NOT LONG ENOUGH, and actually start doing it right away.
Well i would anyways.

Kent
Dec 4, 2006, 12:28 AM
On 2006-12-03 21:10, Xaos127 wrote:
It's not like anyone takes longer tha a week for any assignment, ever.

Are you kidding? My class is going to have a quarter-long project, once classes start again in January. :/

From my experience, though, instructors will seriously overexaggerate the amount of time needed for the students to complete something. Then there's the people who don't even make that...

Just be glad you don't have 20-page term papers or something... Right? :/

DonRoyale
Dec 4, 2006, 07:43 AM
Thank God I won't have to worry about projects unti Feburary...

Sorry to hear that, dude, hope it goes over well =(

DikkyRay
Dec 4, 2006, 04:43 PM
OH BOY! JUST GOT SOME GREAT NEWS!
Well, i was out the past wedns-friday because of sergury. And guess what, she (the teacher) changed the due date to tomorrow! WOOT!
That means i get to work my ass off all day today. Dammit, no one tells the sick ppl anything. If i didnt ask her what i missed, i would have turned in a late project. And Kent, i do have long papers lol. Just turned in an 8 pager, and last year, (FRESHMAN YEAR) i had 2 10-page papers due at once.

Kent
Dec 4, 2006, 06:42 PM
On 2006-12-04 13:43, DikkyRay wrote:
And Kent, i do have long papers lol. Just turned in an 8 pager, and last year, (FRESHMAN YEAR) i had 2 10-page papers due at once.

...Ouch. :/

Makes me glad most of my work is technical, rather than essay-pushing.

medusae
Dec 4, 2006, 08:05 PM
yeah, I had to write a ten-page experiment analysis for my biology class a few months ago... luckily I'm an English major and the rest of the people in my class are stupid as hell, so my paper = better than the rest of the class, although written in an hour = 98/100. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif