PDA

View Full Version : Where are the supposed drop rates/locations listed?

Nicodareus
Dec 4, 2006, 12:17 AM
I see the sticky note saying that they exist apparently, but I've not seen drop locations/rates listed for any item thus far. Perhaps I am either blind or it is hidden away in a different spot, but it would be quite handy. Though I do miss good ol' fashioned, easy-to-read drop charts..

Man.. It's been a long time.. Looks like I haven't posted in 3 years..

Nicodareus/FurryBagi

Pandatron
Dec 4, 2006, 02:23 AM
Try psupedia they should have a list of drop locations if not try forum searching here. That's the best i can provide for ya.

Nicodareus
Dec 4, 2006, 02:31 AM
Hm.. Thanks.. I've done both really.. PSUpedias drops are limited and hardly confirmed, considering it is a Wiki.. I was just hoping that such a thing was being done here already, like that sticky at the top of the forum suggested.

Pandatron
Dec 4, 2006, 02:36 AM
Seeing how the game's only been out for a month or so and seeing how most people are busy trying to cap everything before the patch the only real job of documenting that has been done is listing where rares drops. Few people have actually sat down and taken the time do actually document all the drops from each section ^_^;;;. You might wanna try a google translating tool and filtering through the jp wiki it might server your purposes better. I'll provide a link below:

http://psu.fei-yen.jp/wiki/html/

Good luck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Nicodareus
Dec 4, 2006, 02:45 AM
Aha.. Nice.. Thanks again.. Perhaps me and my slight japanese can get around on it.. Really, I'd think drops would be one of the first focuses.. I mean, in PSO you had to be specific IDs and all and people were like.. Right on top of making a drop chart.. Lots of them.. And on PSU, thats not even a factor.. Just based on the monster (Seemingly).. I pay attention to almost anything that drops that I can.. Namely the Relic Edge I found off of a Badira.. Heheh.. And the fact that rappies in Mad Creatures B on Parum only seem to drop meseta and not rappy feathers (Irritating..)

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 4, 2006, 02:48 AM
well that drop chart for pso was just the id specific rares since each mob had a "redbox" drop, PSU is totally diffrent and not quite as easy to chart.

Nicodareus
Dec 4, 2006, 03:00 AM
Actually it should be worlds easier to chart since it seems to work exactly the same except there is no ID to take into account.. Certain monsters drop certain items, though there are items that do drop off of multiple monsters. But, the same was true for PSO as well.. Certain items could be found multiple places and certain ones could only be found from certain mobs..

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 4, 2006, 03:18 AM
thats just it tho, its a big list of things its not just a specific drop chart. the charts I saw for PSO were just the red boxes for each section ID, thats very easy to make.

Kill a mob, if it drops a red box you know the rare for that id and put it on a list. easy as that.

this game would be more of a complication of items rather than a drop chart.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 4, 2006, 03:54 AM
I have all the current drop charts, pretty much. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

No %s though.

Nicodareus
Dec 4, 2006, 05:26 AM
On 2006-12-04 00:18, ViciousXUSMC wrote:
thats just it tho, its a big list of things its not just a specific drop chart. the charts I saw for PSO were just the red boxes for each section ID, thats very easy to make.

Kill a mob, if it drops a red box you know the rare for that id and put it on a list. easy as that.

No.. Specific items drop from specific monsters, just like in PSO.. It's not just random drops.. And yes, alot of the rares in PSO were ID/monster specific, but alot of them were also found on multiple monsters and/or IDs.. In this particular case, I'm pretty sure that Badiras drop Relic Edges the most (If not exclusively) as I have seen 3 drop, all of them from Badiras.

Randomness
Dec 4, 2006, 07:11 AM
On 2006-12-04 02:26, Nicodareus wrote:

On 2006-12-04 00:18, ViciousXUSMC wrote:

No.. Specific items drop from specific monsters, just like in PSO.. It's not just random drops.. And yes, alot of the rares in PSO were ID/monster specific, but alot of them were also found on multiple monsters and/or IDs.. In this particular case, I'm pretty sure that Badiras drop Relic Edges the most (If not exclusively) as I have seen 3 drop, all of them from Badiras.

But I've gotten one from both Badiras and Golmoros.

Nicodareus
Dec 4, 2006, 07:23 AM
Aha.. Nice.. n.n So it's not just Badira's then.. But Badira's definitely seem to have a higher drop rate on them. Probably because Golmoros can also drop twin stingers/suckers/etc and have a VERY high drop rate on Gra Photons, so the Relic Edge wont come up as much. Weapons and such definitely seem to be dropped off of specific monsters though. Every weapon I've ever found of the same kind always has come from the same monsters. And even though psupedia seems to agree with me on that, I dont trust -any- player-run site for accuracy. Especially wikis.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 4, 2006, 07:31 AM
Says here relics edge drops from any monster in any relics area.

Nicodareus
Dec 4, 2006, 07:46 AM
Aha.. Not quite sure I believe that personally, but it may be true.. Like I said, Badiras just seem to have the highest drop rate on them x.x

-Shimarisu-
Dec 4, 2006, 11:06 AM
Uh, it is true, it's in the official guide.

Tomeeboy
Dec 4, 2006, 11:23 AM
There is currently drop information in the PSOW item database. For example:
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/15/850/board_crea_saber/

However, there is a lot that needs to be entered still and it's going to take a while to log it all. Most of the information currently in the PSOW database has been confirmed by staff members, so it should be very accurate.

Tycho
Dec 4, 2006, 12:58 PM
Tomee, you should ask Ryna about the drop system, or read a log of a conversation between him and me on here (http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Talk:Drops); like Shimarisu said, certain items including Relic Edge and [B] Crea Saber do not at all drop from specific monsters.

Tomeeboy
Dec 4, 2006, 03:47 PM
Yeah, interesting information brought to light by the recent official guide. I'm sure we'll devise a way to accomodate the new information in the current database. Until then, the existing information is still accurate, but may not be all-inclusive for some of these items that appear to be territorial drops (like Crea boards, Relic Edge, etc..).