PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love eBay

Lastat27
Dec 4, 2006, 01:00 AM
We all know players sell in-game currency on eBay. It's a basic fact of life. And naturally, Phantasy Star Universe is no exception. If, for some crazy reason, you have yet to convince yourself that actual meseta duping is reality however, then head on over to eBay.

[Edit: Link was removed. Just search eBay for the word "meseta.]"

Not convinced yet? This is a "hacker" I'm sure your aware of by now. By clicking anyone of those images you will see the logo "Broomop" in each.

Is he just taking players real life money and not delivering the meseta to them? That doesn't seem to be the case. Everyone who has bought meseta from him has given him a "positive" feedback rating. In other words, he's living up to his end of the deal and actually giving these people what they paid for. Millions of meseta. In return, they say thanks and leave him a positive feedback.

Ok, maybe he can make 1 million... 2 million.. and 5 million meseta by using legitimate farming tactics with the help of his lackeys. They are hard working individuals afterall who just want to find thier place in this world (Read: Maggot Farm).

But how do you explain him selling "1 billion" meseta for $500.

(; - _ -)

Please refrain from massive flamefests and respond in a nice orderly fashion to avoid the deletion of said thread. Thanks!

EDIT: Link removed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-12-04 07:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lastat27 on 2006-12-04 11:35 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 4, 2006, 01:03 AM
Anyone with knowledge about the meseta duping wouldnt buy that now... Pathetic.

Wait nevermind... Stupid people buy virtual money for games o.o especially from a hacker. -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-03 22:04 ]</font>

Weak
Dec 4, 2006, 01:05 AM
I have the sudden urge to place my pinky finger beside my mouth.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 4, 2006, 01:06 AM
OMG H4X

lavosmanx
Dec 4, 2006, 01:17 AM
Broomop is ruining this game for everyone. He doesn't give two cents about anyone but himself and thats the way he is. Moreover the customers of his are worse. They are feeding his bad habbit... ARGH!

Remedy
Dec 4, 2006, 01:34 AM
Any UK PSO-W members wanna hunt the little puke down and assasinate him? I'll pay for ammo...

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 4, 2006, 01:37 AM
On 2006-12-03 22:34, Remedy wrote:
Any UK PSO-W members wanna hunt the little puke down and assasinate him? I'll pay for ammo...

Sadly I'm not in UK. I would have went and became a ninja just for that matter :3

jarek99
Dec 4, 2006, 01:38 AM
Here's your "logic": He's got a lot of money and I don't know how he did it. He must be hacking!

I mean, There's no way he's sold a bunch of over-priced rare stuff to some suckers? Right? There's no way this guy has multiple accounts and just runs missions over and over and makes meseta 5x faster. Right? I have seen a lot of people do some unbelievable things in MMORPGs. Never under-estimate someone who's got too much time and resources on their hands.

Lastat27
Dec 4, 2006, 01:38 AM
I appreciate the effort your willing to put forth Remedy =). Most of us feel the same way. But please keep this thread "clean" for the time being until the masses become aware. Then we can all buy our plane tickets and meet you there.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 4, 2006, 01:41 AM
On 2006-12-03 22:38, jarek99 wrote:
Here's your "logic": He's got a lot of money and I don't know how he did it. He must be hacking!

I mean, There's no way he's sold a bunch of over-priced rare stuff to some suckers? Right? There's no way this guy has multiple accounts and just runs missions over and over and makes meseta 5x faster. Right? I have seen a lot of people do some unbelievable things in MMORPGs. Never under-estimate someone who's got too much time and resources on their hands.

I wouldnt be handing out money like that though... especially when it's by the millions.

Also to note that these "hackers" were already known hackers from previous PSO games in all platforms.

Aaron777
Dec 4, 2006, 01:42 AM
jarek...I hope your joking....

Pandatron
Dec 4, 2006, 01:44 AM
Uh... the meseta dupping has been going on for a at least a week straight (refer to cheaters section) and sega has done nothing about it. There's even a screenshot of a guy with 200 mil meseta and another guy on youtube with over 9 million *watchs vegeta break scouter*. Below is the Meseta overflow video the screenshot with the guy with over 200 mil meseta is in the cheater section not difficult to find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EklOTqs8s6k

Edit: Here ya go thread with the proof.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=127793&forum=4&14

Screenshots from thread:

http://www.pioneer2.net/prime_cheat_01.jpg
http://www.pioneer2.net/prime_cheat_02.jpg
http://www.pioneer2.net/prime_cheat_03.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pandatron on 2006-12-03 22:47 ]</font>

jarek99
Dec 4, 2006, 01:46 AM
No. I'm not joking. I'm not saying that guy is clean either. I'm just saying come with some proof before you just assume someone is hacking. I used to get called a hacker in WoW pvp all the time. I played legit. Some people just get mad when you are better than them and look for reasons to bring you down because they refuse to get any better or just dont understand what you are doing.

Also to note that these "hackers" were already known hackers from previous PSO games in all platforms.
Who are "these hackers"? Can you prove this guy is the same guy who hacked in previous pso games?

jarek99
Dec 4, 2006, 01:48 AM
So...were they hacking like this? http://www.pwned.nl/

Lastat27
Dec 4, 2006, 01:48 AM
I have seen a lot of people do some unbelievable things in MMORPGs. Never under-estimate someone who's got too much time and resources on their hands.

I do understand that there are some amazing people out there with massive amounts of stamina who can play this game 24/7 for the entire first month its been released.

But you are aware of how much "1 billion" meseta actually is right? 999,999,999.00. And you are aware that broomop has created multiple offline hacks, as well as some questionable online hacks already?

Track Record:
-He gets banned from PSU quite often
-Creates offline/online hacks
-Moderates his own website/forums
-Sells on eBay
-Creates videos on youtube to display his awesome power

When does he find the time to actually farm meseta? The fact that he is selling "1 billion meseta" should be proof enough.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 4, 2006, 01:50 AM
From many posts, threads, forums...
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=11546&start=0&sid=ea9280315bfdd6682cb831b11fb55b1c

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=128792&forum=4&95

Our friendly hackers that I know of: InfamousNugs, Broomop

Pandatron
Dec 4, 2006, 01:55 AM
On 2006-12-03 22:48, jarek99 wrote:
So...were they hacking like this? http://www.pwned.nl/

The only part i personally found funny was the part where the one player pked his whole team then played the music that was awesome lol. But ya refering to your wow pvp sitution that happens alot in any competative mmo. A friend freshmen year in college was crazy good at CS no hacks and the rest of the dorms though he was a hacker when he played legit. Personally it's something to be proud of lol.

industrial
Dec 4, 2006, 01:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_l-eVSwdHI

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 4, 2006, 01:59 AM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=11669
Here's your Infamousnugs friend. This is a screenshot.

EDit: Spoiler weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-03 23:07 ]</font>

SonicTMP
Dec 4, 2006, 02:02 AM
yet another online game's money system hacked. Reality hits and not a damn thing can or will be done about it. Maybe sega will step in once he figures out how to dupe items. Then again has and pso game not been hacked in someway yet?

industrial
Dec 4, 2006, 02:04 AM
Ya know, at least I had like a 2 months to enjoy original PSO on the japanese version before Barubury or w/e ruined it.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 4, 2006, 02:05 AM
Or any game for that matter, the only course of action we as users can do is just report this kinda of behavior.

ST is doing more than they usually do, banning even if they come back like annoying flies it's far more than ST has ever done.

Prototype_X
Dec 4, 2006, 02:05 AM
AGH! NO! What are you suppose to do about something like this? If we get him banned he will just make another character, so what can we do to stop him? Duping ruined PSO and it will surely ruin this game if it gets out of hand.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 4, 2006, 02:07 AM
Well, 1st thing we shouldn't do is blow this out of the water. We've known they've been doing this for two weeks now, for w/e reason ST still hasn't patched the problem but I'm being optimistic.

Pandatron
Dec 4, 2006, 02:08 AM
On 2006-12-03 23:05, Shadow_Wing wrote:
Or any game for that matter, the only course of action we as users can do is just report this kinda of behavior.

ST is doing more than they usually do, banning even if they come back like annoying flies it's far more than ST has ever done.

If you refer to one of my preiovus post in one of the threads i reference to according to that post ST 'actions' using ban have been going on for a week now and nothing much has happen otherwise...Plus banning does do much if you can use CCF another account start fresh make a billion meseta transfer it and do it all over again.

On 2006-12-03 23:02, SonicTMP wrote:
yet another online game's money system hacked. Reality hits and not a damn thing can or will be done about it. Maybe sega will step in once he figures out how to dupe items. Then again has and pso game not been hacked in someway yet?

Why dup items when you can just buy the materials for them sythn them and then sell them on ebay? Unless he can already dupe them, i'm just speculating though.

LINK

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-12-04 07:20 ]</font>

Remedy
Dec 4, 2006, 02:09 AM
On 2006-12-03 22:38, Lastat27 wrote:
I appreciate the effort your willing to put forth Remedy =). Most of us feel the same way. But please keep this thread "clean" for the time being until the masses become aware. Then we can all buy our plane tickets and meet you there.Oh, I'm not a UKer. I was just gonna wire some of them some funds to buy shotguns and ammo and whatnot. =>.>=

=<.<=; Have I said too much?

Kyon
Dec 4, 2006, 02:09 AM
"disclaimer for all the pso-world idiots or any idiots =D GO ME!!"

>_>

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 4, 2006, 02:10 AM
Ruby Eclipse wrote:
I cannot stress enough the importance of users sending in those report forms - it's the best way to help get stuff like this taken care of and dealt with by SEGA. Get that player ID, send it in via the following link: http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php and ignore the drama as best you can. SEGA will not turn a blind eye to cheating - this has been proven already with the past bannings on the PC/PS2 servers - and will continue to ban hackers/scammers/salesmen of this sort as they arrive.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 4, 2006, 02:14 AM
I told everyone how to get rid of him a while back. Buy his meseta, throw it away then make a Paypal complaint. Enough complaints and he'll be shut down. For a paypal complaint to be found inhis favour, he has to send a viable item by tracked mail. H isn't going to do that if you just buy the really cheap deals he has. If enough people buy his $5 50K or w/e meseta and complain to Paypal that they never got it he'll be chucked off Paypal. He NEEDS paypal to trade.

You may even get your money back via paypal if he leaves it in his account. If he does not, you can make a credit card chargeback.

Hit him where it hurts. His Paypal accuont. It'll be nigh-on impossible for hhim to get another.

SonicTMP
Dec 4, 2006, 02:18 AM
On 2006-12-03 23:02, SonicTMP wrote:

Why dup items when you can just buy the materials for them sythn them and then sell them on ebay? Unless he can already dupe them, i'm just speculating though.

LINK

Why? Simple. Because Synth can fail and fail hard. Also you need to find the item board first. Now imagine if he could dupe a 30-50% True Crea double saber. Why buy money when someone can just shell out a bit extra cash to buy an uber made one. No chance of failure, its made already after all, nor do you have to hunt down those mats from players or even wait those endless 24 hours.

Granted yes he can just drown the community with money but money can only buy what is already there. The mats and boards require people to play normally to get. IF he can dupe the weapons and armor straight out then that becomes a far more vauable business down the line when everyone is overflowing with money.

EDIT: Link Removed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-12-04 07:21 ]</font>

Pandatron
Dec 4, 2006, 02:21 AM
@SonicTMP - I realize the fail factor comes into play but seeing how that's the only auction i've found with items i'm assuming that he lacks the abily to dup items... so far. I see your point though he have to take the time to raise the PM to sythn it or get a friend to sythn it for him.

Another good valid point i'll agree with meseta can't do squat if people can't make anything with it or if the item needed drops off a monsters. Either way come time Decy 8th/9th and onward will see what sega does and find out if the market is flooded with goldaria, relic edges, and so forth.

ChrisKo
Dec 4, 2006, 02:59 AM
Why? Simple. Because Synth can fail and fail hard. Also you need to find the item board first. Now imagine if he could dupe a 30-50% True Crea double saber. Why buy money when someone can just shell out a bit extra cash to buy an uber made one. No chance of failure, its made already after all, nor do you have to hunt down those mats from players or even wait those endless 24 hours.

Granted yes he can just drown the community with money but money can only buy what is already there. The mats and boards require people to play normally to get. IF he can dupe the weapons and armor straight out then that becomes a far more vauable business down the line when everyone is overflowing with money.

Im not one to usually over react as all this is happening on PC, which everyone knew and is why I play 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif, but are you serious with what you are saying? I could buy out every single persons shop currently on xbox360 with about 15 million, let alone 1 billion. Please think about what your saying before you speak. The economy on PC and PS2 is already being obliterated by the people who bought millions. ST is currently having trouble tracking the buyers down because broom is using his many many friends to distribute the money and hide the trail.

Lastat27
Dec 4, 2006, 03:41 AM
Thank you for posting and for not turning this into a war. I found that most of the threads regarding meseta kept being deleted or moved to the Cheaters forum (a forum that not many people read or are even aware of.)

I doubt anything will be fixed during the next update. However, the moment Sega Team does figure out a solution, I'm sure you'll see all Universes immediately shut down and be patched / rolled back / mass-deleted without warning.

[Edit: I guess this was moved to the Cheater's forum anyway. *sigh*]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lastat27 on 2006-12-04 11:37 ]</font>

Arieta
Dec 4, 2006, 07:28 AM
I looked at one of his auctions for fun and this caught my eye:

Once purchasing with us you will not get your money back because these items are intangible we reserve the right to keep your money with or without delivery to you.

That's the funny because you can't reserve that right if you're selling the item. You have to make delivery or you can be sued for fraud.

Plus he needs to learn how to count. His "one billion" sell is actually 10,000,000 which is 10 million where I come from.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arieta on 2006-12-04 04:30 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Dec 4, 2006, 09:13 AM
Haha he only put that bit in to fool people, seriously if you complain to paypal you MAY get your money back if he has it in his account, if not you can chargeback on a credit card.

Either way I'd be happy anyway to donate $5 to him if it means future lockdown of his entire Paypal account.

There's no consideration for intangible on Paypal. If you do not make postal delivery, the buyer can claim their money back, or if not put you in debt with paypal and they WILL fuck you for it.

I lose about $200 a year to buyer claims for items "missing in post." I'm selling a lot more stuff than him though, can absorb it. If he gets a lot of complaints on Paypal as a % of total sales, he's fucked.

Ryna
Dec 4, 2006, 10:25 AM
Let's avoid linking to Broomop's Ebay auctions. One of the side-effects of linking to them is that it increases the exposure of his auctions. If people want to look for them, they'll have to do their own searches.

Emrald
Dec 5, 2006, 08:11 PM
*LINK*

....I think Sega can start taking legal action...

talk about it...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-12-05 17:26 ]</font>

February
Dec 5, 2006, 08:12 PM
This has been known for awhile

VelosofLight
Dec 5, 2006, 08:13 PM
Yeah, they can, but they probably won't.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 5, 2006, 08:17 PM
I find it funny that there's so many people with the A+ comment.

VelosofLight
Dec 5, 2006, 08:19 PM
We should all start giving him negative feedback. Can you do that without buying...?

Para
Dec 5, 2006, 08:22 PM
No and I think its against ebay's TOS either way to do such a thing if you were able to negative feed back him. Anyways this is old...

If you are so concerned.....

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php

USE IT. kthx

Tenzntwentiez
wow this guy is making a killing duping meseta. I should get in on this, i wont have to work a day in my life.

ChrisKo
No you can't give negative feedback without buying. I feel for the PS2/PC economy.

DikkyRay
Dec 5, 2006, 08:25 PM
^ wow. just sad... actually resorting to cheating.
You my friend, ruin online games

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2006-12-05 17:25 ]</font>

Choja
On 2006-12-05 17:22, Para wrote:
No and I think its against ebay's TOS either way to do such a thing if you were able to negative feed back him. Anyways this is old...

USE IT. kthx

Isn't it against eBay's TOS to sell things that offensively breaks the ToS of another company (hacks, cracks, and every other tool)?

The point is, Broomop is getting more (in)famous because people keep mentioning him. Ignoring him is impossible, but posting about his name every whatever days is getting persistent.

EDIT: If I kill this thread, I call dibs on the legs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Choja on 2006-12-05 17:29 ]</font>

ChrisKo

USE IT. kthx

I am more concerned about the people who are buying it lol. It is quite sad. <3 360 for now...

DikkyRay
Dec 5, 2006, 08:37 PM
i think you killed it...lol
And people, if you hate meseta dupe so much, DONT DO IT (no, i do not do it either)
think about it: so what if one guy has an ass-load of meseta? Does that affect you in any way? Yes, i know, he is hacking the game. But broomops a dumbass. We know he is. He is probably a fat, lonely loser who lives with his mom. He has no friends, and wants to be all "OMG IM KNOWN ON THE INTERNET! YAEY ME!" hes stupid. Just dont start acting like him, and start doing thiese stupid things. YES MESETA DUPE IS WRONG! but cmon, lets be thankful for one thing: Its not FSOD

Dhylec
Dec 6, 2006, 01:42 PM
OK, I think the point is given, people should also get it by now - Cheating is bad. So the thread should be done before more unpleasant things come. ;]