PDA

View Full Version : How much is the success% of 6 star armor on pure 100 armor P

Arika
Dec 4, 2006, 12:12 PM
How much is the success% of 6 star armor on pure 100 armor PM
I want to know if my pure armor PM is finished, how much % success will be ? when synthesis 6 star armor (becaz the material is so expensive ,I don't want failure)

Golto
Dec 4, 2006, 12:43 PM
Sadly 53% which is why I wish there were armor material converters like all the other materials get.

Arika
Dec 4, 2006, 11:42 PM
Only 53% for 6 star ? then, if S-rank 12 star armor come out , don't you think it will less than 10%.

Golto
Dec 5, 2006, 11:12 AM
If it follows the pattern of -3% each star after 5 then maybe 35%?

Arieta
Dec 5, 2006, 02:35 PM
That would sound about right, since it's about 30-35% to make a S rank weapon.

Gum
Dec 5, 2006, 07:24 PM
Geez, and the material required to craft the weapon are expensive enough.

Sitka
Dec 5, 2006, 07:30 PM
On 2006-12-05 16:24, Gum wrote:
Geez, and the material required to craft the weapon are expensive enough.

This is one aspect of this new version of Phantasy Star that I truly hate (yes, a rant is coming, but I'll keep it very brief http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

I have broken so many armours and weapons to synths not working and going for that one extra grind on "very high" probability that at times I have had to go out and buy a new controller (ok, rant over http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif)

On the other hand, when I do fubar it and die, at least I don't 1) drop a level, 2) lose 1,000,000 experience points, 3) lose all my money, or 4) drop (and lose) my weapon. So, there has been some progress I guess.

Bah....so much time invested in this game already and we're only just beginning.

Arika
Dec 5, 2006, 09:22 PM
for 6 * armor u use 30x nanocarbon (each 2000 cheapest) + 12x 6*material(each 600?) + broad 30000
= 97200 (first syn) + 67200(2nd) + 67200(3rd)
total price for synthesis 3 6* armor = 231,600 meseta
mean = 77200 each. armor
if we calculate that it have 50% failure : each armor worth 154,400 meseta
However, we can buy it from NPC for 95000 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (then why waste time to feed armor PM ?)

what I think is : sega already prepare for this and 460 will be armor specialize PM.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2006-12-05 18:23 ]</font>

GreenArcher
Dec 6, 2006, 09:36 PM
Using normal photons increases the success by 20%, so the success is 73%, 53% if you want an element on it. So non elemental - 27% failure - 77200 X 1.27 = 98000. However, I wouldn't take into account the price of the 6* materials, as most people have those in abundance. The only things that matter are the nanocarbons, which you could sell easily for 60k (also the board sells around 20k from player shops, at least that's what I bought mine for).

So let's re-do this. 80k + 60k + 60k = 200000 roughly. (:wacko: our average is 66666.6 repeating) 66666.6 x 1.27 = 84,666.6 repeating.

Still, not really making any profit, since you need to sell your armor below NPC price.
I think armor PMs are about synthing all those 5* and down armors. Only with 60 armor, my Brandlines and Busterlines come out nearly every time and sell for 1000 and 2000 respectively. Puts those nanosilicas to a good cause?

Still, going pure stat in armor has got to be the most useless compared to the other three

Valatar
Dec 7, 2006, 11:11 AM
My PM is pure armor, and I don't regret it. Not every armor will be available from the NPCs; the high-star armor will have to be synthed, and every last percent counts in that case. Plus, since there won't be an NPC vendor price to undercut, I'll actually be able to charge an amount that gives a fair profit margin.

Sitka
Dec 7, 2006, 11:48 AM
On 2006-12-07 08:11, Valatar wrote:
My PM is pure armor, and I don't regret it. Not every armor will be available from the NPCs; the high-star armor will have to be synthed, and every last percent counts in that case. Plus, since there won't be an NPC vendor price to undercut, I'll actually be able to charge an amount that gives a fair profit margin.

I kinda agree with this, but that assumes one is in the game for the very long haul. In other words, it's a major investment assuming you will stay be playing this game many, many months from now (perhaps that is what Sega intended http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

My first three pms were painful to create and expensive (striking, force, ranger), but they are fun to take into battle and helpful for battle. This armor one however is really painful as I use all four slots and at this point can only feed armors I synth/buy or room decorations I find/buy. If someone knows a less expensive and quicker way to increase armor while not affecting the other stats, I would appreciate knowing about it. Otherwise, I scan player shops daily for cheap armor and then farm ruins for money to buy it. Kind of a boring gameplay in many ways, but I don't know another way.

Golto
Dec 7, 2006, 01:54 PM
Just keep on recreating casts and putting their armor and parts in the common box. It will take maybe 1 hr per 100 items using ps2.

Reiichi
Dec 7, 2006, 02:09 PM
Armor PMs are the easiest and cheapest to get pure, assuming it's not on your 4th character. I wouldn't expect huge profits to be made by something like that.

The point of an armor PM is not to make NPC armors, but to make non NPC armors. Stick an element on a high * armor and sell it in your shop for more than the NPC value for a non elemental because yours is more useful.

As for making a pure armor PM without endless character creating I'm as lost as you are. I've got 3 pure PMs 80-100 in tech, ranged, striking and one with 0 armor, but at least my friend is making an armor PM before he fills out his 4th slot permanently so I can always get stuff made from him.

Bast
Dec 7, 2006, 02:39 PM
Creating a level 100 armor PM is tedious, but worth it. The cheapest/easiest way I know (and the way I did it) how to do it continuous creating Cast characters and striping the three parts & the armor and place them into the Common Box. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Here’s the break down:
- You’d need two free characters. (#1)The owner of the PM (#2) The stripper(s)
- .3 armor levels per 1 Cast Character (3 parts and 1 armor)
- 7.5 armor levels per feeding (25 characters total. Roughly an hour on PS2 , depending on how focused you are)
- 15 levels a day (full feeding every 12 hours)
- Approximately seven days for a level 100 PM

It took me more than twice as long because I am only available to feed my PM fully once a day. In addition, sometimes it gets boring logging in, creating a character, striping the parts, putting everything in the Common Box, logging out, etc. etc.

Hopefully the PM Zero Device is available with this update. I really hope so. I messed up my main character’s PM bad (first day of PSU, I feed it everything to test it). Mostly likely make my main’s PM a pure Striking or a 70 Strike 30 Tech 450.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bast on 2006-12-07 11:41 ]</font>

Shazbot
Dec 8, 2006, 12:53 AM
Sitka, I sympathize with not having a 4th slot to re-create characters for their armor. I can offer a small bit of advice: get your Armor PM done as fast as you can. Once the initial free trial period ended for JP the usual asking price of cast parts shot up from 200 meseta to 300~400 and the number of people with a free character slot still remaining who were willing to farm armors also greatly decreased. I suspect the same will happen for the US version as well.

TonyC
Dec 9, 2006, 05:17 AM
Well I just bought the 8* Rabol Solid armor from Moatoob and with a lvl 100 production lvl of nothing but armor I only have a 39% chance to make it. On top of that it needs...
15 Di-Photons (Not hard to get)
25 Vestaline (6000 a pop and I dont know where they drop)
35 Metaresin (7500 a pop same as above dont know where it drops)
Board cost 90000
412500 would be the total cost if bought from the store, not including the cost of the board. I this sux