PDA

View Full Version : Grants & Megid

Black_Fang
Dec 4, 2006, 10:35 PM
I love using grants (since it kills my opponents in pretty light and way that everyone can enjoy), but seriously...does megid do ANYTHING?!
I just want to know because my FOmar has a level 3 megid, and everytime i use it, he just keeps missing and when it hits... it does zero damage. (NOTE:i play offline) so does this megid technique have a certain use that i should know about except for looking somewhat cool? Or does it have to be at a higher level to make the bad guys cry?

Splash
Dec 5, 2006, 12:13 AM
Grants does the most damage out of any techs available, downside is that it uses considerable amount of TP. Higher the level, the farther you can use the move.

Megid is a one-hit KO dark attack that sends a ball of darkness to kill. Downside is that it uses accuracy so it won't always "hit". There is a formula for the chance that Megid will work. Higher the level, the more faster, linear, and farther it will go and better accuracy.

Xeno-Windgust
Dec 5, 2006, 08:34 AM
I never use Megid with any of my forces because it has an extravagant chance of missing at higher levels. I'd rather defeat them with elemental spells + bonus related wands, like Fire Scepter: AGNI and Red Merge (Rafoie does about 600 damage in Forest Ultimate).

Grants is an awesome spell but, like Splash said, it does eat TP. I suggest use it only on enemies who are weak to light only.

Neith
Dec 5, 2006, 09:30 AM
I barely found any use for Grants, except a few enemies (Hildelts, for example). Against most monsters, Foie/Zonde/Barta easily outdamaged it, and at about 50% TP cost, heh.

Megid sucks at low level, but at high level (25+ really), some mobs will drop really fast to it.

BlueKnight
Dec 5, 2006, 02:05 PM
Yes you need higher lv megid to do any thing at all. I have lv 30 megid and it can kill them with one blow. But on Ult it very little it works. I would stik with Grants than any thing ellse.

Out_Kast
Dec 5, 2006, 02:55 PM
My Megid never hits either http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif But I've yet to try out Grants...
I always assumed that the higher MST you had, the more likely it was to hit. I'm not sure, though.

83Nini
Dec 5, 2006, 04:33 PM
Megid start being good at level 26.

Splash
Dec 5, 2006, 11:14 PM
Megid has a formula for accuracy.

Actually, Megid is only good at high levels on lower difficulties. On Ultimate, they have little to no effect whatsoever. Even on Very Hard, Megid has significantly low accuracy.

Saffran
Dec 6, 2006, 05:56 AM
Except on Episode 2, where a high level Megid can clear a pack of ennemies at once. Too bad it doesn't work on the problematic ones (Delbiter and Zele).

Neith
Dec 6, 2006, 11:32 AM
On 2006-12-05 20:14, Splash wrote:
Megid has a formula for accuracy.

Actually, Megid is only good at high levels on lower difficulties. On Ultimate, they have little to no effect whatsoever. Even on Very Hard, Megid has significantly low accuracy.

lolepisode2

It doesn't work well in Episode 1, but it's awesome in Episode 2. You should try it.

themark78
Dec 6, 2006, 12:37 PM
Just a thought but would rasing yourself a dedicated dex mag rase your accuracy enough to make it hit better for you?

T0m
Dec 6, 2006, 04:57 PM
No, sadly not. Splash describes it with accuracy, but it's not related to the stat with the same name.
Apart from using the highest level Megid that's available, there's not much you could do to increase its chance of succes.

Splash
Dec 7, 2006, 02:35 AM
On 2006-12-06 08:32, UrikoBB3 wrote:
lolepisode2

It doesn't work well in Episode 1, but it's awesome in Episode 2. You should try it.

Really now? Guess I say it is weak in Episode 2 maybe because I'm doing too much Tower runs. (Mini-bosses, Meri- series, Del Lilies, Delbiters all have 100 EDK, immune to Megid). I guess I should trying it out at Jungle. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Oh, to avoid confusion, when I say "accuracy" on Megid, I mean the "chance of success" of actually being able to kill an enemy in one hit, as T0m says. DEX on mag will not affect it.

CM_vs_HP
Dec 7, 2006, 03:55 AM
level 1 = 40%

level 30 = 100%

each 1 level more add 2 % activation rate.

(activation rate - ennemy EDK)= success rate.

i used S-beats blade with my HUcaseal for almost all my level until now. Unreduced HELL(megid 26.5) and 6 combo weapon is amazing.
I mostly use it in CCA: merillia , meriltas , gee and Seabed: recobox, morfos and sinow zele.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CM_vs_HP on 2006-12-07 01:02 ]</font>

Black_Fang
Dec 7, 2006, 06:15 PM
well so far my megid level is at 3 so im afraid i wont do too much damage with that for a while. T.T Not sure what level my grants is but i try to only use it on hard enemies. Ya know? But thnx for the megid talk...i think i understand it better now.

Splash
Dec 7, 2006, 08:59 PM
Megid DOES NOT do damage. It either works or it doesn't. There is no in between.

Black_Fang
Dec 9, 2006, 10:24 AM
And then i have another question (even though its a little off topic here) but how do you use aplifiers like aplifier of resta cuz i can never seem to find out how to use them.

PIT
Dec 9, 2006, 10:51 AM
you need a recovery barrie. you just equip that barrier and "use" becomes available when you select the amplifier.

-poof- and your recovery barrier changes into resta merge.

EDIT: changed the name

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PIT on 2006-12-09 12:05 ]</font>

Jibby
Dec 9, 2006, 12:18 PM
I have lvl 2 megid, and I can only kill boomas and mothmants on normal mode....

Splash
Dec 9, 2006, 01:20 PM
On 2006-12-09 07:51, PIT wrote:
you need a resta barrier, if i remember the name right. you just equip that barrier and "use" becomes available when you select the amplifier.

-poof- and your resta barrier changes into resta merge.

There is no such item as a "Resta Barrier". In order to have a Resta merge, you need an "Recovery Barrier".

Likewise, all Amplifier items require a specific barrier, denoted by capital letters but are green. These are classified as rare so you might be lucky to get one in a box.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Splash on 2006-12-09 12:12 ]</font>

Black_Fang
Dec 9, 2006, 03:04 PM
so i just need to find a barrier that will allow me to use the aplifiers? that sounds easy enough...considering the fact that i need to find those barriers first. ^-^

PIT
Dec 9, 2006, 03:06 PM
sorry, my mistake, changed the name. and btw. it's recovery barrier, not assist.

Splash
Dec 9, 2006, 03:12 PM
On 2006-12-09 12:06, PIT wrote:
sorry, my mistake, changed the name. and btw. it's recovery barrier, not assist.

My mistake also. I'll go change that. Thank you.

And barriers are rare. There are hard to find. Good luck if you are finding them.