PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye guys, game isnt safe from hackers on the 360, was fu

Jinxpalm
Dec 5, 2006, 12:05 AM
Well nice knowing you all, even those who thought my stuff was overpriced and didn't like me. My brother's and My accounts were hacked and everything was taken so I am done with this game as it is not safe to play.

No the Sega servers arent the problem, they are safe. The problem lies within that their is no seperate passowrd to log onto PSU, all they need is your gamertag. And your gamertag is VERY easy to hack with the programs out there. They hacked mine and my password was maximum security as far as Windows Live told me.

Anyway this game is not safe. All the players with items of value will be picked off one by one, ruining everything.

For those that think this is a joke, search for shop Jinxpalm, it no longer exists as the character and account were deleted. For further confirmation anyone that had me on their friends list or had my partner card can verify this.

Again I seek no attention but this is my warning to you all. Quit the game before you invest hundreds of hours and have your 10 stars rares stolen from you. Again just my warning, take from it what you will.

Thanks to all the people I played with, you know how much I loved this game, and how much I was looking forward to the update this Friday. Just isnt worth playing a game that takes this much time and energy that doesnt have the security to prevent theft.

If only they had a seperate pass to log onto Sega's servers...

Well good luck and God bless to all...

I'll be playing Gears of War and such.

Sychosis
Dec 5, 2006, 12:09 AM
Can't say I'm sorry to see you go.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2006-12-09 16:22 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Dec 5, 2006, 02:43 AM
I hear you deserved it. Is that true?

RivaOni
Dec 5, 2006, 03:51 AM
On 2006-12-04 23:43, Garnet_Moon wrote:
I hear you deserved it. Is that true?

Nobody deserves to have their stuff stolen off them, even if they hacked the game to pieces or whatever, if theyve worked at getting some good stuff, thats not the kind of punishment that should be taken out.

Lastat27
Dec 5, 2006, 04:22 AM
I doesn't matter if he "deserved it" or not. The point is that there are legitimate players getting completely stripped of items and then deleted.

The only thing like this on the ps2/pc servers is the ability for someone to steal your room decorations. I haven't heard of complete account takeovers (since we don't use gamertags) as of yet.

Arislan
Dec 5, 2006, 08:04 AM
Just a note though. If it was a gamertag hack, it doesn't matter what game was being played. This guy could have been playing Geometry Wars, have an insane record, and get it hacked, allowing someone to ruin it. It's not really game related, when you think about it.

A note about password security. Picking "Your favorite pet's name" as your secret answer is probably the worst thing you can do. Unless you have a weird penchant for naming your dogs "Abba Zabba" or something.

JAYDEN
Dec 5, 2006, 10:41 AM
no one "deserved " what happen to them, even if they did brag & there prices are skyrocket high. it is a shame that people are finding ways to ruin great games. who ever feels threaten by this hack just submit your complaints or concerns to sega & xbox live, we are paying these companys for there service.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 5, 2006, 12:05 PM
I would agree with you if it was something like a house or car stolen IRL, however from what i've heard as much as he bragged he deserved it. Cyber terrorism is always deserved when somebody crosses the line from "OK, who wants to buy my stuff?" to "HAHAHA I have this and you don't n00bs".

RivaOni
Dec 5, 2006, 01:06 PM
On 2006-12-05 09:05, Garnet_Moon wrote:
I would agree with you if it was something like a house or car stolen IRL, however from what i've heard as much as he bragged he deserved it. Cyber terrorism is always deserved when somebody crosses the line from "OK, who wants to buy my stuff?" to "HAHAHA I have this and you don't n00bs".

That happens all the time in any online game, hell just USING a rare item could be classed as bragging ffs.

Bragging doesnt deserve punishment of that kind wether its online or off, who the hell determines that online means a different set of laws to the rest of the world.

It's the same principle of stealing from the guys actual physical possessions, say for example he had a pair of shoes you really wanted and was bragging about it, that still doesnt make it ok to steal.

JAYDEN
Dec 5, 2006, 02:26 PM
you guys did not deserve getting jacked, if your story is true. on the second thought people are saying that you had every rare in the game at only being a level 38, items people have not seen, even being stuck on level 50 for weeks. so to make a long story short people think a hacker got hacked.

Garnet_Moon
Dec 5, 2006, 03:37 PM
On 2006-12-05 10:06, RivaOni wrote:

who the hell determines that online means a different set of laws to the rest of the world.

Anonymous-san with the blessings of the internets.

whiteninja
Dec 6, 2006, 08:38 PM
I would agree with you if it was something like a house or car stolen IRL
I read a news report of someone who had their house stolen once... She went on a trip, came back about a week later, and someone else was living there, eating her food, wearing her clothes, etc. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

(After arresting the indtruder, police found the homeowner's jewlery in the trunk of the invader's car too.)

hucast21
Dec 7, 2006, 01:17 AM
On 2006-12-04 21:05, Jinxpalm wrote:
Well nice knowing you all, even those who thought my stuff was overpriced and didn't like me. My brother's and My accounts were hacked and everything was taken so I am done with this game as it is not safe to play.

No the Sega servers arent the problem, they are safe. The problem lies within that their is no seperate passowrd to log onto PSU, all they need is your gamertag. And your gamertag is VERY easy to hack with the programs out there. They hacked mine and my password was maximum security as far as Windows Live told me.

Anyway this game is not safe. All the players with items of value will be picked off one by one, ruining everything.

For those that think this is a joke, search for shop Jinxpalm, it no longer exists as the character and account were deleted. For further confirmation anyone that had me on their friends list or had my partner card can verify this.

Again I seek no attention but this is my warning to you all. Quit the game before you invest hundreds of hours and have your 10 stars rares stolen from you. Again just my warning, take from it what you will.

Thanks to all the people I played with, you know how much I loved this game, and how much I was looking forward to the update this Friday. Just isnt worth playing a game that takes this much time and energy that doesnt have the security to prevent theft.

If only they had a seperate pass to log onto Sega's servers...

Well good luck and God bless to all...

I'll be playing Gears of War and such.

I still think your story is BS.

When you call Xbox Live the rep will ask for:

your home address
last 4 digits of social
credit card #
DOB

and/or telephone number to have anything do to your GT.

If they hacked your GT through Network Passport (password reset) they need:

your email address
home addrees
answer the secret question.

Then on top of that send you a confirmation link which you can still deny like you stated on the official PSU boards.

I just don't buy your story.

hucast21
Dec 7, 2006, 01:33 AM
I also find it funny that when you posted the same story about reward meseta on Gamespot, when someone asked for the reward you stated you were hacked also...Coincidence? LOL.

WJP09 (9:42:25 PM): hey man its wpasternak from gamefaqs. Im just wondering wether or not I will be receiving a reward for posting Assasins Neon's and pappy's information
JINX PALM5 (9:42:38 PM): i just got hacked myself or i'd gladly reawrd you
JINX PALM5 (9:42:46 PM): this game is not safe

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/phantasystariv/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-32176679&pid=932621&page=4

Don't tell me your pissed because NeoN found a A rank armor and you're jealous:

"Jinx just wants attention because NeOn apparently found a rare A armor in a run with jinx and now he wants to get back at him."

Post is in the thread that I linked.