PDA

View Full Version : Youre NOT original. naming .....

Ifrian
Dec 5, 2006, 09:08 PM
To:
KOS-MOS, KOS_MOS Reloaded , KOS-MOS 2
Wren , wren 2.0, wren 98 ,wren 2000 , wren XP
Sephirot
Cloud
ASH
KIREEK
CALUS
ETHAN
insertaname WABER
Love
Kitten
Sakura
Ichigo
Naruto
Sasuke
Gaara
Link
Zelda

And a lot more that i just do not have the time to write down.....

YOU ARE NOT ORIGINAL, you DID NOT get the idea to name ur char like that as world first..
You are very annoying, and , even if i know you dont care , you will probably be blacklisted/kicked by me as soon as you join my party unless you show a minimum respect and will to have fun ( Wich usuall DOESENT EXISTS Within the people that much original to choose and feel cool with those names )

PD: before some smart ass links me another naming post and says , "youre not original either" i will say i searched for it and i diidnt find.. THanks.

PD: and NO !!! adding a DARK / SHADOW / TRUE / UBER /FIRST
before the name DOESENT HELPS.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ifrian on 2006-12-05 18:10 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Dec 5, 2006, 09:15 PM
why are you getting hyped over names?
I have a friend who' char is named after a game, hell, my char is named after a game.
So what? Its not like they said "hey let me name my char ****** and see if it pisses ppl off" I infact, have seen almost none of these people except naruto and wren.
Hmmm, ever think they like those names or characters, and decided to name them after them? My god! Thats logical!
Furthermore, how are they annoying? So what if a guys name is aruto? It sparks nothing more than a "oh hes from an anime or game"
You blacklist them? You my friend, are annoying, blacklisting off of a name.
Lastly, WTF is PD? are you that illiterate when typing? You mean PS?

EDIT: Youn know what? Im going to restart characters now, naming them Sephiroth, Cloud, KOS-MOS and Sakura. UH OH! DO YOU HATE ME NOW?!?!?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2006-12-05 18:17 ]</font>

Sayara
Dec 5, 2006, 09:16 PM
Welcome to PSO!

Ifrian
Dec 5, 2006, 09:26 PM
On 2006-12-05 18:15, DikkyRay wrote:
why are you getting hyped over names?
I have a friend who' char is named after a game, hell, my char is named after a game.
So what? Its not like they said "hey let me name my char ****** and see if it pisses ppl off" I infact, have seen almost none of these people except naruto and wren.
Hmmm, ever think they like those names or characters, and decided to name them after them? My god! Thats logical!
Furthermore, how are they annoying? So what if a guys name is aruto? It sparks nothing more than a "oh hes from an anime or game"
You blacklist them? You my friend, are annoying, blacklisting off of a name.
Lastly, WTF is PD? are you that illiterate when typing? You mean PS?

EDIT: Youn know what? Im going to restart characters now, naming them Sephiroth, Cloud, KOS-MOS and Sakura. UH OH! DO YOU HATE ME NOW?!?!?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2006-12-05 18:17 ]</font>

PD Its because is how we spanish people write PS , i learned english basically playing Zelda OOT
( translation booklet ftw ) and Pso ( people who meet me my first years of pso would be able to confirm this ...>.< )
( when i was in school they still didint teach english , here in my country) , and if my english aint good enough for you , well suit yourself. honestly.

PD: I wouldnt really hate you, i would have a good laugh thinking that someone is wasting their time just to piss me off....

PD2: is not that i hate people who does use anime/vgame names, its just that usually those names are used by people who has no education and think they are cool by making character clones of an anime char.......

As i said " i blacklist/kick them if they do not show a minimum of respect and will to have fun " wich usually is easy detectable when you say Hello! or they say it to you...or they just run in and hack and slash without even look at you.,... wich is the 99% of times with people using those names....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ifrian on 2006-12-05 18:28 ]</font>

CupOfCoffee
Dec 5, 2006, 09:28 PM
Welcome to online RPGs.

Ifrian
Dec 5, 2006, 09:32 PM
not even on pso/ ffxi / wow i seen it happen as much as here...... <,<

DikkyRay
Dec 5, 2006, 09:37 PM
PD Its because is how we spanish people write PS , i learned english basically playing Zelda OOT
( translation booklet ftw ) and Pso ( people who meet me my first years of pso would be able to confirm this ...>.< )

( when i was in school they still didint teach english , here in my country) , and if my english aint good enough for you , well suit yourself. honestly.

Crap, i feellike an ass now. Sorry man, i thought you were english

PD: I wouldnt really hate you, i would have a good laugh thinking that someone is wasting their time just to piss me off....

Yea, i really wouldnt waste my time anyway... i have 4 chars anyway

PD2: is not that i hate people who does use anime/vgame names, its just that usually those names are used by people who has no education and think they are cool by making character clones of an anime char.......

Well, it depends on who you meet. Some people (actually like the naruto i met) are prety much noobs trying to be cool. On the otherhand, you can't judge by names. I met some pretty good people named Cloud or Sephiroth on PSO, and one of my best friends online is named Wizard (fomar)

As i said " i blacklist/kick them if they do not show a minimum of respect and will to have fun " wich usually is easy detectable when you say Hello! or they say it to you...or they just run in and hack and slash without even look at you.,... wich is the 99% of times with people using those names....

Well... now i see where you are going...
But then again,i have seen plenty of people that come in and join. Heck, even when i join people act like asses. (whats so hard about saying "hello"???)
Thats why i usually play with people i really know, or their friends. If i meet someone and get their partner card, i usually put it as 3+ priority, because i really wont play with them.

All in all, really sorry. I read this post the wrong way. Kinda like someone trying to start some stupid flame. But now i see things differently, and im apologizing for my harsh words.

Ifrian
Dec 5, 2006, 09:42 PM
On 2006-12-05 18:37, DikkyRay wrote:

Crap, i feellike an ass now. Sorry man, i thought you were english

Yea, i really wouldnt waste my time anyway... i have 4 chars anyway

Well, it depends on who you meet. Some people (actually like the naruto i met) are prety much noobs trying to be cool. On the otherhand, you can't judge by names. I met some pretty good people named Cloud or Sephiroth on PSO, and one of my best friends online is named Wizard (fomar)

Well... now i see where you are going...
But then again,i have seen plenty of people that come in and join. Heck, even when i join people act like asses. (whats so hard about saying "hello"???)
Thats why i usually play with people i really know, or their friends. If i meet someone and get their partner card, i usually put it as 3+ priority, because i really wont play with them.

All in all, really sorry. I read this post the wrong way. Kinda like someone trying to start some stupid flame. But now i see things differently, and im apologizing for my harsh words.

Well , i have to confess that i was pretty pissed at the moment of it, being left without a single word after a run by another KOS MOS..... so no wonder you got it wrong...
I should remember the " calm down before posting in a board" thingie more often.

DikkyRay
Dec 5, 2006, 09:49 PM
Well , i have to confess that i was pretty pissed at the moment of it, being left without a single word after a run by another KOS MOS..... so no wonder you got it wrong...
I should remember the " calm down before posting in a board" thingie more often.

you and me both http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Maskim
Dec 6, 2006, 03:47 AM
It bugs the hell out of me too, although from time to time, I have been a part of the problem, I guess. I've had 'Wren' characters in PSO before...but I feel justified in that it's my real name, and also the name of my first ever tabletop game character (Hey I was a kid, and had trouble thinking of a good name back then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif So my Wren's aren't PS imitations, so much as personel nostalgia.

Daikarin
Dec 6, 2006, 05:27 AM
Dude, calm down! LOL. Free will comes at a price! Take it easy, they're just names.

Mystil
Dec 6, 2006, 11:18 AM
How can I say this...

You have to respect peoples desire to express thier style of imagination. KOS-MOS characters are obviously people who like KOS-MOS and so they are gonna make a KOS-MOS character in the game. Same with anime and what not. They are aware that they aren't being original and they don't care because that's not the point to them naming thier characters with those names.

Dukelion
Dec 6, 2006, 07:23 PM
Its the internet for crying out loud. These guys with their "stupid names" are probably just kids who like their characters the names are copying/based on.

Oh and cause when I make a character based on anything that already exsists...as I am typing in the name to create the character I am definetly saying to myself "OH MAN! THIS IS GONNA MAKE ME SO COOL!!!"

I also find it amussing that something so trivial bothers you.

...Maybe you should reconsider the internet.

DikkyRay
Dec 6, 2006, 07:36 PM
maybe you should read all the posts >.>
like the rest of you, i read the post quickly and misunderstood what he said
He understands that most are fanboy's, but hes saying that it pisses him off that having those names automatically make them cool, but rally, they are just a-holes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2006-12-06 17:45 ]</font>

medusae
Dec 6, 2006, 07:40 PM
I have met a couple Wrens that were perfectly nice and actually made good party members. However, yeah, everyone else I've met named Cloud/Vegeta/etc has been a dumbass.

Dr_Lantis
Dec 7, 2006, 01:45 PM
Go me, I guess >_>

Axispoint
Dec 7, 2006, 06:03 PM
I don't really have a problem with people who use names like that (I do sometimes on some games, but usually I don't stick with those characters). It's just that ones that use certain names (like Drittz or Dritzz or however you spell the name) usually end up being real jerk offs. I try to judge them on a person to person basis, but when the majority you've met are morons, it gets a bit tedious.

DonRoyale
Dec 7, 2006, 09:06 PM
Who cares, honestly?

THe person's name shouldn't bug you, the person's attitude towards you should.

And that's what Universe 15 is for...

And if you look at me and tell me that I have an unoriginal name, yeah, I know, so? Not like I have a choice; I've been using the name for about two years now, and wish to continue using it until I quit PS (which won't be for a WHILE)

You don't like it? Bite me.

tank1
Dec 8, 2006, 11:06 AM
Who cares, honestly?

QFT.

DikkyRay
Dec 8, 2006, 05:28 PM
On 2006-12-07 18:06, SereneShadows wrote:
Who cares, honestly?

THe person's name shouldn't bug you, the person's attitude towards you should.

And that's what Universe 15 is for...

And if you look at me and tell me that I have an unoriginal name, yeah, I know, so? Not like I have a choice; I've been using the name for about two years now, and wish to continue using it until I quit PS (which won't be for a WHILE)

You don't like it? Bite me.

uhhh SS... not to make you sound like a jerk...
but once again, he was talking about how ppl with those names tend to be a-holes. ANd thats what pisses him off

SoiFong
Dec 8, 2006, 10:30 PM
Hi... im Soi Fong add me to you list.. im unoriginal.
Yoruichi wouldnt mind either im sure.

KojiroAK
Dec 8, 2006, 11:23 PM
You're not original ranting.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 9, 2006, 01:17 AM
If people made names as original as possible, they could easily be lost in the sea of anime people, no matter how great of a person they were online.

They could want to meet up with similar anime geeks online, who might also be jerks, or also be good people.

Its really a case to case basis.

Blame the game's makers for having a few character looks that are pretty similar to someone's fave anime characters?

GeoHolyhart
Dec 9, 2006, 02:57 PM
Well, I think in this game it' particularly very annoying. Why? Because there's no place-holding for names, so there could be a 100's Clouds running around, etc... Come on! Don't tell me that wouldn't annoy you eventually!? Not to mention character textures load up slow, so if you have something extremely unoriginal like "Kari", chances are you'll see many people with the same name with no real way to identify someone till they load.

Truth be told though, someone's name never stopped me from partying with them or judge them before meeting them. Never gave that a thought till now.

Also to all those people who think they're smart. I don't think he means unoriginal as in the name has been used in a anime, game, etc... He means when the name is constantly used in mmorpgs and all its weird variations generally.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GeoHolyhart on 2006-12-09 12:00 ]</font>

OnnaWren
Dec 9, 2006, 04:05 PM
On 2006-12-05 18:08, Ifrian wrote:
To:
Wren , wren 2.0, wren 98 ,wren 2000 , wren XP

I absolutely refuse to change my moniker, and that's that. Thbbppbbt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wheatpenny
Dec 10, 2006, 04:05 PM
What is wrong wanting to name your charecter same as one of your personal heroes? I am gona make a beast names Abraham Lincoln and see how you like that. And make a Human named Tyler Durden,And when the trenchcoats come out I will Make a Jack Sparrow (note I am not really gona do this just proving a point). And besides as far as "REAL" names considering these names like Joe or Mary had to origionate from someone having them in the past if we used names like that by your account Ifrian then everyone is a plagaristic ding-dong that has a name at all. Mabee we should all refer to eachother by our ID# from now on so we can ALL be origional.

Axispoint
Dec 11, 2006, 12:27 AM
On 2006-12-10 13:05, Wheatpenny wrote:
I am gona make a beast names Abraham Lincoln and see how you like that.

LOL. Cracks me up. If I ever play PSU online, I gotta do that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DikkyRay
Dec 11, 2006, 04:07 PM
as long as ppl dont act like assholes (like most Sephiroths for some reason do) i dont mind if ppl dont have original names.
Its when all the (insert videogame/anime character) all of a sudden become better than me because im not them. All of a sudden im a LOLNOOB because my characters name is DikkyRay or something of the like. I had enoug crap on ep1&2 from all these ff characters and the occasional Goku

Fleur-de-Lis
Dec 11, 2006, 04:20 PM
It's a shame to see a lack of creativity, which I think is becoming more and more difficult to find. However, people play how they want to play, and I can see how it would be hard to sit staring at the screen for an hour or two, trying to come up with a fantastic handle, when you've been waiting to play this game for many months. Coming up with a good, original name is not the easiest task, after all.

Jibby
Dec 12, 2006, 12:25 AM
Most people with these names ARE trying to sound cool, and act good at the game, even though they have grants or megid set for their basic attack......and they're disrespectful until you leave them in a room full of la diminians when they're level 10. THEN they realize that they're not very good at this game. My original character was named HUMAR so I odn't have much room to talk...... but anyways, I go more off greek and latin roots for my characters, my main character now is named celestia, is a FOmarl, and I love her to death.

Dukelion
Dec 13, 2006, 07:20 PM
DikkyRay, having a name that correlates to a certain type, wether it be a cartoon or a video game, dosn't make you an asshole. If by chance he tends to run into a web of DBZ named morons, then he is unlucky.

"I find that people in real life who have red hair tend to talk with very loud foreign accents."

Same argument. Just as stupid

DikkyRay
Dec 13, 2006, 09:19 PM
On 2006-12-13 16:20, Dukelion wrote:
DikkyRay, having a name that correlates to a certain type, wether it be a cartoon or a video game, dosn't make you an asshole. If by chance he tends to run into a web of DBZ named morons, then he is unlucky.

"I find that people in real life who have red hair tend to talk with very loud foreign accents."

i never said it did...
just all of the ones that i meet ARE in fact assholes

hollowtip
Dec 13, 2006, 11:36 PM
It's not THAT big of a deal, but it is annoying.

Maridia
Dec 14, 2006, 02:08 PM
You know what drives ME crazy.. When I see people with the names of characters, and then the chars look absolutely NOTHING like the character they're named after. I'm okay with tribute characters, that's fine. You wanna make a Cloud? Go ahead. Just make him look cool. But man, don't make an Alucard that's short, ugly, and has short brown hair and badly coordinated outfits. Man, that's such an insult to Alucard it isn't funny XD

If you're gonna use unoriginal names, make sure you look decent while doing it! :3

Wyndham
Dec 14, 2006, 03:54 PM
I really get annoyed by everyone using the same name as everyone else and whenever they ask me if i like DBZ, for example, curse me out when I say no. that really annoys me.

Dukelion
Dec 14, 2006, 10:06 PM
On 2006-12-13 18:19, DikkyRay wrote:

On 2006-12-13 16:20, Dukelion wrote:

i never said it did...
just all of the ones that i meet ARE in fact assholes

You are very unlucky. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif