PDA

View Full Version : Hunter: FIgunner or Fortefighter

Prototype_X
Dec 6, 2006, 05:34 AM
Alright so I would like people's who play the japanese version input, but all opinions are welcome. As it gets closer to the patch I still can't decide whether I want to go FIguner or Fortefighter. I was wondering if anyone has tried both and has an opinon on which they like better and why. I know that it would be best to experience the classes first hand, but I would like some input on the subject before the patch comes out.

As for the new additions that are being offered by the classes, I am really intrigued by:

FIgunner: DoubleSaber, Dual Handguns, Crossbow

Fortefighter: Axe, Claw, and Twin Claws.
*I have not seen the regular combo for the Axe and it does concern me that it is insanley terrible.

To give a little insight on the weapons I use now, and prefer: Dagger, Daggers, Knuckles, Pike
BTW I am a CAST

Again I know people can't really choose what I would like, but I am just looking for peoples opinions based on my current layout. thanks

-Shimarisu-
Dec 6, 2006, 06:57 AM
If you are a cast, fighgunner.

Cry0
Dec 6, 2006, 07:02 AM
Go against all odds. go cast fortefighter. at least you won't be like most others http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

that said, i think axes'll be better then swords. sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooww swords

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 6, 2006, 07:36 AM
You seem to prefer faster weapons, so it's really your choice. The Figunner does do better with the faster melee type weapons though.

THE JACKEL

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 6, 2006, 07:47 AM
you know, i'm quite suprised that there aren't many CAST fortefighters. most of the fortefighters that I see are either beast or human, but not that many CASTs which suprises me since they make pretty good hunters.

Alisha
Dec 6, 2006, 07:48 AM
i suspect that figunners will get hit less because a figunner can keep monsters off thier feet,and stun bigger monsters. granted fortehunter can equip some of those same weapons but figunners will have S in those weapons.

Cry0
Dec 6, 2006, 08:14 AM
If i had a cast hunter, i'd make him fortefighter. simply for the reason that they already have good ata, and thus do not need a bonus, making their atp boost elemental.

Arieta
Dec 6, 2006, 12:00 PM
Until more S weapons come out, I think fortefighter is the best choice at the moment. Since all we have are A weapons (and that one single S melee weapon), it basicly means both classes will be using the same weapons (other then axe and double saber of course). Fortefighter however gets a lot more HP/ATP/DEF though while Figunner just gets a tad more ATA (which is very very small) compared to a fortefighter and less hp/atp/def. They do get more EVA though.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 6, 2006, 01:10 PM
once again I must say I lay ahead, and would prefer to raise my Figunner level so that when more S rank weapons do get released, I'll be ready in the class I prefer already at a high level.

THE JACKEL

Prototype_X
Dec 6, 2006, 08:31 PM
On 2006-12-06 10:10, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
once again I must say I lay ahead, and would prefer to raise my Figunner level so that when more S rank weapons do get released, I'll be ready in the class I prefer already at a high level.

THE JACKEL

Yeah thats exactly why I want to know now. I don't reallly want to messa round too much with each class because I want to get started on raising my job level, especially now that it will take a lot more time to even raise it to lvl 5. Anymore input is appreciated

Sgt_Shligger
Dec 6, 2006, 09:02 PM
I'd say Figunner personally. I like their overall weapon sets ;D

And don't take the crossbow as Figunner, I'll warn you now. The bow gets to level 10+ and caps at 20. That means you'll be stuck with a "V" shot forever. No center shot. I'd try mechguns if you want some better off-hand damage.

Prototype_X
Dec 6, 2006, 10:28 PM
On 2006-12-06 18:02, Sgt_Shligger wrote:

And don't take the crossbow as Figunner, I'll warn you now. The bow gets to level 10+ and caps at 20. That means you'll be stuck with a "V" shot forever. No center shot. I'd try mechguns if you want some better off-hand damage.

Wow thanks fro the tip, that really sucks.

Sgt_Shligger
Dec 6, 2006, 10:34 PM
Mechguns deserve love too ;D

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 6, 2006, 10:43 PM
On 2006-12-06 18:02, Sgt_Shligger wrote:

2 shots only with the crossbow? ehh, I'll take it, I'll use it even if it only fired one shot so I don't care either way, i'm still using that crossbow with my fighgunner.

Sgt_Shligger
Dec 6, 2006, 11:01 PM
Yo d00d, those shots go in a "V." No center shot ;(

I'm just saying it'll be a pain to use. . . unless you don't use bullets.
Strongly suggest mechgun for beasts and casts. >_>

Diasuke-san
Dec 6, 2006, 11:23 PM
i would make a fortefighter because as a cast you dont need the ata and you will still kick butt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Diasuke-san on 2006-12-06 20:23 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 7, 2006, 07:32 AM
On 2006-12-06 20:01, Sgt_Shligger wrote:

so you're saying that if an enemy is directly in front of me, then I won't hit it with my cross bow? if thats the case, then its pretty simple, don't use bullets, that way, I can save PA space for even more blade arts.

Sgt_Shligger
Dec 7, 2006, 05:12 PM
On 2006-12-07 04:32, Shiroryuu wrote:

On 2006-12-06 20:01, Sgt_Shligger wrote:

so you're saying that if an enemy is directly in front of me, then I won't hit it with my cross bow? if thats the case, then its pretty simple, don't use bullets, that way, I can save PA space for even more blade arts.

No, that's not what I'm saying ;(

You can hit with both shots at point blank but the bow will lose its purpose as a ranged weapon. With no center shot, you'll have to position yourself at an angle to the foe you wish the shoot.

If you want to use the weapon for croud control then it would be more useful. My point is that if you want to have a better ranged weapon, don't use the bow. If you want a damaging offhand weapon, try the bow. . . Upon thinking about it, two hits per shot wouldn't be too bad if your using it at point blank or on small groups >_>

Crea Saber/Dagger || Crossbow would work real well if you used it right. Nail four enemies with Rising Strike, crossbow a couple others left over and swing hte saber again. For dagger, you could freeze/shock/silence/confuse a few then pull the PA off.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 7, 2006, 09:25 PM
ya, I got you, what I meant was that if an enemy was far away and directly in front of me, then it wouldn't hit, is that right? its like you have to aim for yourself or something? either way, I'm still interested, it seems like the closest thing there is to a longbow, something that hunters can't use unfortunately, so I thought that the crossbows were the next best thing. seems interesting though, I'll still give it a shot.

Sgt_Shligger
Dec 7, 2006, 09:32 PM
Ok, not the artistic talent in this drawng.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/sgtshligger/untitled.jpg

Now, those two lines represent where your shots will go once leveled 10+.
No center shot but you could place yourself so the enemy is to your right/left so you hit them. Point blank should work and you can hit two side enemies while dealing with a center one and many other things. If my memory serves me right, the range is between pistol and mechgun.

No first person view so bring a pistol along for the ride, Tenora because it looks cooler.

Cause_I_Own_U
Dec 8, 2006, 05:01 AM
Fortefighter for the -20% pp usage

And heres the thing, S ranks are expensive and hard as hell to make, you wont be having like 3 pairs of S rank dual daggers or something like that for a loooong time

So a fortefighter will be just as good as a figunner with dual daggers for a very long time, and a figunner will be just as good with spears or swords since they get A rank in those to

So really, dont chose by weapon (unless you simply must have DS or axe), but instead chose by guns or more atp and -20% pp use

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 8, 2006, 09:34 AM
well, even if we can't equip the weapons for the class, we can still level up the class before getting the actual s rank weapons.

panzer_unit
Dec 8, 2006, 10:29 AM
Go ForteFighter. People sound like they're gearing up to be FFXI-style pricks about perfect party formations, and hybrid classes have no role in those whatsoever.

RadiantLegend
Dec 9, 2006, 01:17 PM
Im a cast fortefighter. More power, more and more!!!

Wheatpenny
Dec 9, 2006, 06:48 PM
Depends on how you want to dish out pain

Fortefighter=Slow,Very Damaging strikes

Fighgunner=Fast, Long combo strings

Damn now that I think about it its gona boil down to style not overal damage cause they will prolly do the same ammt..

Deja
Dec 9, 2006, 08:18 PM
I'm a Cast Fortefighter, and do enjoy my two Axes. People that say they suck just haven't seen the PA hit those "two-cursor" enemies, enemies you can hit twice with one PA. Plus, at 11, the PA just gets awesome (and awesome looking).

-Shimarisu-
Dec 9, 2006, 08:24 PM
Depends on how you want to support, too.

Fighgunner=high support. Blade PAs deal PAs more focused on incapacitating the enemy, by flipping them. EXPECIALLY twin sabers, which fling into the air where people can hit them. Also they have access to ranger PAs ast lvl 11+, which deal status at a decent rate.

Fortefighter=Low support, instead of dealing status, flipping so OTHER PEOPLE do more damage, Fortefighter deals the damage. PAs are bad for support - knuckle PA kicks away where others can not hit, spear PA does basically nothing til 3rd tier, then also kicks away. Should aim to be more helpful and not selfish - if you are a team player you can learn to control PAs so they help people but MANY WILL NOT CARE.