PDA

View Full Version : Give Finder SUCKS

Bleemo
Dec 6, 2006, 10:12 AM
For those who think it's a good idea or cute to set any or all loot to Give Finder in random groups, please, by all means, NEVER MAKE A GROUP.

I am absolutely tired of seeing good, near full groups with an idiot party leader(ALWAYS a Hunter, mind you.) that set loot to Give Finder. It's a fucking waste of time. Not only are you greedy, but you're stupid for thinking it's fair.

Give Finder makes grouping a fucking hassle as everyone is running to open boxes and pick items up as quick as possible. When some lucky Hunter picks up that pretty Alseva Cresa board, they get called a loot whore. It causes disputes, and is an easy way to get players to dislike one another.

Give Finder is not fair.
Give Finder is not cool.
Intentionally setting loot to Give Finder makes you a greedy bastard.
Never set loot to Give Finder. Ever.

Oh, and by the way? If by chance you do set loot to Give Finder either intentionally or by accident, don't fucking ignore the players who ask about it, or kick them for asking. Those who set loot intentionally to Give Finder go on my personal shit list.

And, please, no one reply with bullshit like: "Well, just never join games with loot set to Give Finder!"

No shit. Though, when you play a lot in the AM you will come to understand that it is hard as hell to get a group together, and that the only choice for decent EXP is to join one of the one or two already near-full groups available. So when I see good, near full groups together like this on Give Finder, it disgusts me.

On a side, but related rant: fuck Sega for making so many players leave by being so damn slow with content.

Dhylec
Dec 6, 2006, 10:16 AM
Hm.. this is one item setting that I dislike. Even soloing in a locked game, I changed it to something else. I think it'll be fair if the default setting is Random.

Scejntjynahl
Dec 6, 2006, 10:49 AM
Its not the setting that is the problem. Its the people that are naturally greedy.

Dhylec
Dec 6, 2006, 12:17 PM
It's tough to find people who are not so self-centered or greedy in a game where money (& rares) are tough to come by. But I'm glad I've found some. ;]

ABDUR101
Dec 6, 2006, 01:29 PM
From years of playing PSO, that was the norm really. Thats why you made it an effort to make friends and play with people who worked well together as a team, and were willing to share loot drops. ("Hey, does anyone need this Chainsawd?", etc)

Though online gaming as a whole has made me xenophobic to playing with random people, just because there are far too many children(of all ages) that will swipe everything and not think twice about those they are playing with. Though even people I thought were 'friends' have done this, even after months of working together in a game and then realising that they've just been taking advantage of your good-nature.

So far in PSU, I've played with a handful of people(from PSOW) and for the most part, I'm content to just solo A-rank areas with Scrub. Atleast we share everything that drops depending on who needs what, and in the end we spot each other cash anyway.

As for not having many people to play with at certain times, well, then when that happens you have to just bite the bullet and join games. Or, you know, you could just make a game, set it up as you want, then play until others join in. That or solo until you can find games and people that are worth playing with.

Garroway
Dec 6, 2006, 01:59 PM
I've found that 'Give Finder' hurts good groups also, as we all end up staring at a monomate on the floor for 2 minutes waiting to see if anyone else wants it. I usualy set distriution to 'Order' then we divy up later if anyone wants anything.

Blitzkommando
Dec 6, 2006, 02:31 PM
I've only played with friends and have seen no need to change the item distribution as we aren't little greedy dumbfucks that swipe everything. I've played in a few games with it set to random and order and frankly anything that I did pick up, I didn't get. All that was sent to me was absolute shit and unneeded, mostly photons and crap 1 star synthing items that I always find a dime a dozen. At the time of this I was looking for Nanosilica and while several did drop, more than the number of the people in the party actually, I got zip. Multiple times.

With rare item distribution I feel the same way. I play with friends so we wait until everyone knows what it is and finally whoever needs it gets it. No muss no fuss.

ABDUR101
Dec 6, 2006, 02:55 PM
I don't so much like that it brings up who gets the rare items(scape dolls, etc), because then that invites whining and bitching. I liked it much better when it just did'nt say anything, then no one was pissed when something was ninja'd, or someone got something that someone else felt they did'nt deserve. Plus I tend to feel guilty when I pick something up and my name scrolls across the screen. Of course Scrub and I divy things up, and we help each other out, but it just feels like the name across the screen is like "Haha! I got it and you did'nt!". Though maybe thats just me?

Scrub
Dec 6, 2006, 08:06 PM
Motherfucker steals my scape dolls!

In general, the only reason I ever join public games is if I dont feel like talking to anyone, and I just want to sit down and play the game, relax, and have fun. Having Fun is what the game's about, not GETTING THE RAAARRREEE ITEEEMMMMSSS.

DikkyRay
Dec 6, 2006, 08:14 PM
well...
thank goodness i only play with really good friends, so we dont really bitch about who gets what

Bleemo
Dec 6, 2006, 09:19 PM
On 2006-12-06 10:29, ABDUR101 wrote:
From years of playing PSO, that was the norm really. Thats why you made it an effort to make friends and play with people who worked well together as a team, and were willing to share loot drops. ("Hey, does anyone need this Chainsawd?", etc)

Though online gaming as a whole has made me xenophobic to playing with random people, just because there are far too many children(of all ages) that will swipe everything and not think twice about those they are playing with. Though even people I thought were 'friends' have done this, even after months of working together in a game and then realising that they've just been taking advantage of your good-nature.

So far in PSU, I've played with a handful of people(from PSOW) and for the most part, I'm content to just solo A-rank areas with Scrub. Atleast we share everything that drops depending on who needs what, and in the end we spot each other cash anyway.

As for not having many people to play with at certain times, well, then when that happens you have to just bite the bullet and join games. Or, you know, you could just make a game, set it up as you want, then play until others join in. That or solo until you can find games and people that are worth playing with.

This rant was toward those who do set loot to Give Finder in random groups, and think it's actually a good thing to do.

I've played PSO for God knows how long, and I know how the loot system was in PSO. And by God did it's loot system suck. Not only is PSU a different game, but the loot settings are by far superior to PSO's. People should use these loot settings, not ignore them.

This is a total rant. "Biting the bullet" is like telling me to "deal with it." This post was to vent my frustration to those who use that bullshit loot setting. Plus, some players often like to group in random groups for leveling or mission points, it's really how they choose to play. This post was toward those very players who play often in random groups.

Again: Give Finder in random groups suck.

If you're not with me, you're with the terrorists.

PJ
Dec 6, 2006, 09:39 PM
Play with your friends

If that is a problem, make friends

Neith
Dec 6, 2006, 09:55 PM
I use Rares set at Random (for surprise http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ) and normal items in Order, so everyone gets a roughly equal distribution of loot.

With Give Finder in PSU, Hunters get everything, as they're standing on an enemy corpse when it disappears.

I just use Ordered because it saves the hassle of 'Ah, I'll leave that, I picked up the last item', as well as 'omgitemz0rz, must whore them'

Don't play with people who use Give Finder?

I wouldn't say Sega's releasing content slow either, on US/EU, the servers have only been online for what, 6 weeks from the US release? That's not much. Anyone who's left already because of content is impatient. Give the game a few months, we'll have more content. Get used to fractured update schedules though, it'll get worse as PSU gets older.

You really thought Sega would actually make an online game without a crappy schedule? Think again.

ABDUR101
Dec 6, 2006, 11:30 PM
On 2006-12-06 18:19, Bleemo wrote:
This post was to vent my frustration to those who use that bullshit loot setting. Plus, some players often like to group in random groups for leveling or mission points, it's really how they choose to play. This post was toward those very players who play often in random groups.

Right, and when exactly did I disagree with you?

Again: Give Finder in random groups suck.

Then stop playing in random groups, because odds are it's not going to stop.

This is a total rant. "Biting the bullet" is like telling me to "deal with it."

If you're not with me, you're with the terrorists.

Yup, deal with it or GTFO then. =]

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 6, 2006, 11:43 PM
On 2006-12-06 17:06, Scrub wrote:
Having Fun is what the game's about, not GETTING THE RAAARRREEE ITEEEMMMMSSS.

I think I said it before somewhere, but if this is how greedy people are about these junky basic rares, imagine when the real good stuff is out!

Its just play money/video game money and items anyway, its not that serious.

Some people find that more important than trying to make friends online. Oh well right? Can't change 'em.

MaximusLight
Dec 7, 2006, 01:26 AM
You sir are a good person for (insert topic of thread here). I think that ST should have make set in order the default, that way no matter what the items get evenly given out (why didn't they for that matter?)

ABDUR101
Dec 7, 2006, 01:45 AM
On 2006-12-06 22:26, MaximusLight wrote:
You sir are a good person for (insert topic of thread here). I think that ST should have make set in order the default, that way no matter what the items get evenly given out (why didn't they for that matter?)

The same reason partner AI's don't properly aim their SUV weapons(9/10 times, Lou will use her SUV instantly upon having it usable, whether there are still enemies or not, and God forbid she actually aim at anything, if there's nothing infront of her, too bad!), and the same reason there are duplicate bosses, and enemies with the same sounds on different planets, and why the PM forms are limited to little women instead of also including males, anthro-types(robots, anthro-animals, anything other than just little women could have easily been included). As well as the overall slowdown in areas of the game for no reason(at times when there are no enemies, the game will come to a very noticable crawl for no reason other than seemingly bad coding; i.e. if you're on the 360 version, pull up the dashboard menu while you're in-game, you'll get a VERY noticable increase in FPS from PSU in the background), and why everytime you sell an item, you have to go through an "Are you sure you want to sell this item?" screen, and when you synth certain items you get multiple, and often unnecessary menu options. Have I mentioned the field-base assistants you talk to that send you to field bases to meet-up with a party? Why do I have to click through five in-game text boxes from them as they slowly and stupidly explain what they're standing around for?

It's just laziness on the developer's part, and alot of stupid ideas tossed together. Alot could have been done much better. But thats the game, thats what we've been sold, so we either make due with it, and hope they can fix alot of their screw-ups, or we move on. I think everyone needs to start crossing their fingers and hoping the content updates make the game worth paying for, as there are alot of staggering disappointments in the game that should have been caught well before in alpha and beta stages.

Grand scheme: people playing with loot settings in an annoying/upsetting way are the least of PSU's problems. Atleast you can exit out of a game with crap loot settings, go make your own and have people join, etc.

DonRoyale
Dec 7, 2006, 09:07 PM
Don't join them, then.

Make your own group with Random/Order, and solo. It's just as simple as that.

lavosmanx
Dec 9, 2006, 08:39 PM
These people are annoying and prevent you from actually 'earning' any meseta. Also as I've said, the way they handle meseta in this game sucks. The game is rigged for chance and I dislike that with a passion. Sega should've designed PSU to handle meseta seperately from items. In this game in the lower levels its impossible to earn any good ammount of meseta.

Wheatpenny
Dec 10, 2006, 04:43 PM
Give finder is crap and should only be used if you are soloing in a pass locked game. Bottom Line.

lavosmanx
Dec 10, 2006, 05:19 PM
Give finder just sucks, what was ST thinking?!

XoAmaterasuoX
Dec 12, 2006, 04:22 PM
On 2006-12-06 07:12, Bleemo wrote:
For those who think it's a good idea or cute to set any or all loot to Give Finder in random groups, please, by all means, NEVER MAKE A GROUP.

I am absolutely tired of seeing good, near full groups with an idiot party leader(ALWAYS a Hunter, mind you.) that set loot to Give Finder. It's a fucking waste of time. Not only are you greedy, but you're stupid for thinking it's fair.

Give Finder makes grouping a fucking hassle as everyone is running to open boxes and pick items up as quick as possible. When some lucky Hunter picks up that pretty Alseva Cresa board, they get called a loot whore. It causes disputes, and is an easy way to get players to dislike one another.

Give Finder is not fair.
Give Finder is not cool.
Intentionally setting loot to Give Finder makes you a greedy bastard.
Never set loot to Give Finder. Ever.

Oh, and by the way? If by chance you do set loot to Give Finder either intentionally or by accident, don't fucking ignore the players who ask about it, or kick them for asking. Those who set loot intentionally to Give Finder go on my personal shit list.

And, please, no one reply with bullshit like: "Well, just never join games with loot set to Give Finder!"

No shit. Though, when you play a lot in the AM you will come to understand that it is hard as hell to get a group together, and that the only choice for decent EXP is to join one of the one or two already near-full groups available. So when I see good, near full groups together like this on Give Finder, it disgusts me.

You my friend should just quit. PSO was always give finder. If we are going to "fuck sega" for anything, let it be for making a complaining noob out of people like you. Give Finder 24/7 365 till the end of time.

XoAmaterasuoX
Dec 12, 2006, 04:26 PM

btw, it's not only hunter hunters that Steal when Give finder is on. anyay back to this quote...
Maximus. Out of all the orders you can pick. SET ORDER is the worst, especially when Regular and rares are set to order. lemme restate this. "You sir are a good reason for making me want to be a GM to ban you for your noobiness."

Wheatpenny
Dec 12, 2006, 05:53 PM
On 2006-12-12 13:26, XoAmaterasuoX wrote:

btw, it's not only hunter hunters that Steal when Give finder is on. anyay back to this quote...
Maximus. Out of all the orders you can pick. SET ORDER is the worst, especially when Regular and rares are set to order. lemme restate this. "You sir are a good reason for making me want to be a GM to ban you for your noobiness."

Ok whatever "Sherrif" when did wanting fair and = loot distribution become beacon to judge how competent a player is.

Bleemo
Dec 12, 2006, 08:54 PM
On 2006-12-12 13:22, XoAmaterasuoX wrote:
You my friend should just quit. PSO was always give finder. If we are going to "fuck sega" for anything, let it be for making a complaining noob out of people like you. Give Finder 24/7 365 till the end of time.

You make me laugh. You really do.

Your little attempt at insulting me was pretty pathetic, lol. Next time, don't post just to insult someone. It makes you look like an illiterate retard.

People who say, "just quit PSU" because of a complaint are complete morons. People will have complaints because there are faults in the game. When a game has faults, people SHOULD complain. It's called feedback, dumbshit.

Also, this is my rant. Take your "just quit PSU" hippity self back to your greedy ass Give Finder games.