PDA

View Full Version : Extra mode questions

CrazyJ
Dec 6, 2006, 02:34 PM
Well, I'm a veteran of the original PSO for Dreamcast, but this new version is taking some getting used to. I've been playing Story mode and I'm only 3 chapters in after two nights of playing... and I'm getting bored of Story mode.

I won't be going online with this version because my addiction is too great and it costs me in my personal life.

So... my questions:

1. Can I begin Extra Mode after chapter 4? That's what I've heard at least, but I wanted to check.

2. Since there's not a difficulty increase (like Hard to Very Hard to Ulimate) how does the difficulty increase as the game progresses? Do the monsters' levels just increase in coorilation to my own?

3. To level up my character for the first 10-20 levels is their a particular method anyone would suggest (other than playing straight through)?

4. The item creation thing baffles me a bit... when I was supposed to do the "practice" one in Story mode I accidentally FED the items to my partner machine and he complained that they tasted stale or something (machines have tastebuds?). Is there a decent guide that explains this process in detail (I didn't see one in the partner machine section).

5. What's the best gear (in your opinion) for a Hunter (male)?

thanks,

-- J

Skids
Dec 6, 2006, 03:43 PM
1. Can I begin Extra Mode after chapter 4? That's what I've heard at least, but I wanted to check.

Once you finish chapter 4 you can access Extra Mode

2. Since there's not a difficulty increase (like Hard to Very Hard to Ulimate) how does the difficulty increase as the game progresses? Do the monsters' levels just increase in coorilation to my own?

The way it works. The monster levels or difficult don't increase for a mission. Its fixed. To fight harder creatures. You have to played story mode and finish chapters. That unlocks harder mission with harder enemies in extra mode for you characters to fight. Once you beat the game its unlikes the most difficult stages with the hardest monsters.

3. To level up my character for the first 10-20 levels is their a particular method anyone would suggest (other than playing straight through)?

No real method just take your time and played stages your comfortible with. Eeven ifd you have to do a couble times. Like the Colony and Parum have good starting ones to build up you character so they won't get easily kill.

4. The item creation thing baffles me a bit... when I was supposed to do the "practice" one in Story mode I accidentally FED the items to my partner machine and he complained that they tasted stale or something (machines have tastebuds?). Is there a decent guide that explains this process in detail (I didn't see one in the partner machine section).

The taste comments is just for show. No real impact on the game. For guide heres the link.

http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Partner_Machinery

5. What's the best gear (in your opinion) for a Hunter (male)?

Its hard to say. Since I beleive offline hunter is different from online hunter with weapon selection. Your best way to figure this out is to use Ethan as a guinue big in story mode. For this do not save after your done or use a save slot you can mess up on. Have him buy one of each weapon with their skill art and learn it. Plus if you have any extra skill arts from the NPC. Learn them as well. Pick a stage that doesn't involve killing the seed plants. Go to the stage and just practice with the weapons. Get a feel for them and see what ones you like or comfortible using. Other then that if you can use a force cane. Get one and make sure you have resta on it. It be a life saver in long run.

CrazyJ
Dec 6, 2006, 04:05 PM
Very cool.

thanks for the answers and the link to the other site.

cheers,

-- J

CrazyJ
Dec 6, 2006, 10:37 PM
One more question:

I looked around in the weapons lists, but didn't see any "mechguns" are they gone?

-- J

CrazyJ
Dec 6, 2006, 10:38 PM
oops, sorry I see them now. For some reason I saw Machinegun and it didn't click... need...more...sleep...