PDA

View Full Version : New Photon arts and Techniques on the update?

pso123hrf
Dec 6, 2006, 06:05 PM
Yes, I'm a force, and I was wondering when I would get the new spells?

joncushing
Dec 6, 2006, 06:06 PM
december 8th is the update and i thought it was the gi spells i.e. gifoie and so forth

Dymalos
Dec 6, 2006, 06:08 PM
Does that include Giresta?

joncushing
Dec 6, 2006, 06:10 PM
noooooo idea, just thought i once read that it was gi-spells, anyway does gi-resta exist? Resta is already an area spell, why make a gi-resta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

fay
Dec 6, 2006, 06:22 PM
i was lookin over this. im confused. what do u mean by does gi resta exsist. there are loads of spells i cant remember all the names by proper spellin but there is

foie
gifoie
rafoie
damfoie
barta
gibatra
rabarta
dambarta
zonde
gizonde
razonde
nozonde
zondeel
zon---cant remember rest of it
diga
gidiga
radiga
nozdiga
another 2 diga things
shifta
deband
jellen
zalure
resta
giresta
gigrants
another 3 or 4 light techs i cant remember the name of
megid
gimegid
ramegid
megidstar
another 1 or 2 megid things

Dymalos
Dec 6, 2006, 06:24 PM
Giresta is indeed a spell. It has the ability to ressurect a dead player. On a live player it will heal them, first a large initial amount followed by a few trailing small heals which occur periodically.

Umberger
Dec 6, 2006, 07:37 PM
http://www.vsocial.com/video/index.php?d=48893

That video shows all the spells just incase you want to see how useful they are. Yes, we get Gi-Foie/Barta/Diga/Zonde on Friday. They're all very useful and will be well worth the buy, especially if you solo.

Saiden
Dec 6, 2006, 08:01 PM
After 2 months they are adding in 3 new technics...pathetic

joncushing
Dec 6, 2006, 08:33 PM
hmmm i did'nt think gi-resta existed, did'nt think we had a resurect spell since reverser used to be in pso and no longer performs that function and you say gi-resta is a heal over time? Sounds most useful http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

MasterJoel
Dec 6, 2006, 08:52 PM
On 2006-12-06 17:01, Saiden wrote:

actually, they're releasing at least 4 new ones, possibly more.

the timing is fine.

Umberger
Dec 6, 2006, 08:53 PM

Actually, it's 4, and they are all very useful. I'd rather not have all 36 spells to try and level up, it's better to only get them in bursts so you can level them up with no rush.

And Giresta does revive, in addition to healing over time.

Randomness
Dec 6, 2006, 09:53 PM
On 2006-12-06 17:53, Umberger wrote:

Actually, it's 4, and they are all very useful. I'd rather not have all 36 spells to try and level up, it's better to only get them in bursts so you can level them up with no rush.

And Giresta does revive, in addition to healing over time.

God, it would be hell to try to level all those techs at once...

Umberger
Dec 6, 2006, 10:18 PM
Oh it is, if you play Extra Mode, it just gets ridiculous.

I had 6 Granarods, one with 4 spells of an element, and I never even got anything to level 20 by the time I was level 60.

Diasuke-san
Dec 6, 2006, 11:27 PM
On 2006-12-06 19:18, Umberger wrote:
Oh it is, if you play Extra Mode, it just gets ridiculous.

I had 6 Granarods, one with 4 spells of an element, and I never even got anything to level 20 by the time I was level 60.

i know what you mean. It took me forever to try to level them all up and i finished the extra mode before i ever even got more then 5 spells to 30. It was ridiculous. So i agree with getting them in small burts

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 7, 2006, 12:05 AM
well if we had them all tho we could learn the class and be more individual with spell choices. getting them in burst gets us all to play the same and also gets us used to only filling a certian role...

at this point by the time we get buffs nobody will know what to do with the... and they will be lvl 1 spells while we are lvl 70 in S rank missions :/

Id rather have them all at once and choose wich ones I want to lvl and use.

Its like only giving hunters one weapon PA at a time....

imfanboy
Dec 7, 2006, 03:26 AM
Except that some of the later on spells like the cone and the seeker shot ARE worth building up and using - and by the time we get those spells, we'll be able to say: "Well, it's been a while since I've been solo material hunting in A rank Onmagoug - I could really use a ton of Neu Ashes to synth into Neu Ebon." Or wherever else.

Anyway, it won't be too bad because we'll be at a point in the game where building up a tech means grabbing a whole bunch of extra old 4* and 5* wands and heading off to easy missions - easy by that point, and hard by today's standards. Heck, you might even, say, go against the A dragon with Foie spells, or A GoF boss with Light spells, and laugh because even though they're resisting the spells and it takes a long time for you to kill them, that means that your technique is building that much faster.

DMG
Dec 7, 2006, 03:27 AM
I agree with Vicious. Given an option, I'd much rather have more Techs available so that players have a choice of what they want to focus on. At least some bloody buffs would be nice.

But... /shrug. It is what it is, so I guess it's a moot point.

imfanboy
Dec 7, 2006, 04:13 AM
GAWD, I WANT BUFFS. I feel like 1/5th a Force without all the buffing/debuffing/healing spells, only resta and reverser.

In fact... let me check.

4 buffing spells + 3 debuffing spells + 1 hp healing spell + 1 status healing spell + 1 rez spell = 10. We have 2/10, which comes to... 1/5th!

I AM 1/5th an FO!!! DAMN YOU SONIC TEAM FOR CRIPPLING ME!!!!!

No wonder I don't want to be a fortetecher yet. ^_^ What's the point if I can't get the feeling that all the other members of the team are my slaves, dependant upon me and me alone to save their lives with the crucial spells that seperate them from death?

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 7, 2006, 04:35 AM
I still want my fotecher so I can have my 20% PP reduction http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif but the hp and defense cuts are pretty large (and the TP bost isnt really all that large). As a female newman force im already at the bottom of the food chain. as a fotecher its gonna be bad news vs s rank mobs and bosses, definitly need a scape doll collection and learn to float like a butterly and sting like a bee ;P

got foi, rafoi, diga, and radiga caped at 20. I have barta and rabarta at 16... so gonna try my best to cap those today, and work on razonde tomarrow wich I think is lvl 15 also. I hope the PP increase isnt too big on them since im fine with there range already and the dmg isnt any better in a new evolution than just a regular lvl up. just RA spells get more radius, and the single target spells get bigger (totally usless except barta)

Oh I didnt mention zonde I dont consider it a spell, it fails, its weaker than a broken bottle rocket :/

Ravennittes
Dec 7, 2006, 05:26 AM
Personally, I'm not getting gizonde or gibarta. I'm just not going to use them! Here's why: Gizonde just sucks, and although Gibarta's OK, Damubarta is ALOT better. Considering the rod limit and me wanting some buffs, I think it's better to just not get those two... prolly gunna unlearn Zonde while I'm at it... Only real good one is Razonde.

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 7, 2006, 05:33 AM
gizonde for temple, gibarta for lizards in the relics... since it is my job to be a force i want to have the spell for all occasions.

6 targets area of effect around you = awsome solo spell and best dps in the game from what I hear.

Ravennittes
Dec 7, 2006, 05:37 AM
I'm also a force, but I'm thinking of what might actully be USEFUL when all the spells are released. Even on rods you arn't gunna be able to hold more than 4 techs so I say you choose well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. You're gunna want bow-skills as well. I choose buffs and debuffs over gixonde and gibarta (dambarta's WAY better for around you, and it hits ANYTHING around you when leveled up).

EJ
Dec 7, 2006, 05:48 AM
actually the damu spells only hit thing in front of you even at lvl30,

When the enemy are behind you those spells won't hit. l3

ViciousXUSMC
Dec 7, 2006, 05:52 AM
damubarta is an exception to that rule, its the spell those big lizards use in neudaze.

I pretty much plan to have a rod for each element, a rod for buffs, and a wand to heal with.

on that rod I will have the single target dmg spell/ the ra spell/ the gi spell/ and the other of my choice (nosu or damu)

that works out pretty good and I get the 12% damage bonus.

Much later end game I will probably just be using buffs/debuffs/healing and not really dpsing much

Gi spells have too much potential to avoid them, especially as a solo spell and I solo alot.

Ravennittes
Dec 7, 2006, 05:53 AM
Not Damubarta. That's what those Kamatoze's use that annoys us all when we doNeudiaz. It's the spell that makes ice go all around you. No, it isn't Gibarta. I've seen a movie of this somewhere and it's Damubarta.

Elusivellama
Dec 8, 2006, 07:52 PM
Getting only 4 spells in this update is lame. It seriously cannot be translation issues, I can only think of one reason and that is to piss off NA players.

etlitch
Dec 8, 2006, 08:02 PM
People shouldhave gotten all TECH PAs and then just concentrate on a few ones. You wanna be jack-of-all-whatever? Look how far protranser went.

xFuZioN
Dec 9, 2006, 12:45 AM
Yeah, but I hear they are quite expensive.