PDA

View Full Version : FKL Post Count

Sgt_Shligger
Dec 6, 2006, 10:49 PM
Why are FKL posts not counted? They should be ;D

*Don't FKL this >_>*

BeeYee
Dec 6, 2006, 10:50 PM
why? you can post one letter posts, and most of it is irrevelant to anything.

Sgt_Shligger
Dec 6, 2006, 10:58 PM
>_>

Make a minimum post length for it to count ;D

Dhylec
Dec 7, 2006, 12:16 AM
*Don't FKL this >_>*

I am very tempted to do that. ;]

Ryna
Dec 7, 2006, 11:17 AM
On 2006-12-06 19:49, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
Why are FKL posts not counted? They should be.

In your opinion, why should they be counted?

Tomeeboy
Dec 7, 2006, 12:25 PM
On 2006-12-07 08:17, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-12-06 19:49, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
Why are FKL posts not counted? They should be.

In your opinion, why should they be counted?

I think I know:

Most Active in: Fresh Kills Landfill

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Arislan
Dec 7, 2006, 02:33 PM
A thought on that though. Since the DB does keep track of all posts anyway, would it be possible to put in another field on the side bar listing "Fresh Kills", meaning their FKL only post count?

Dhylec
Dec 7, 2006, 03:29 PM
Heh, another idea to show off how much spam you made? Do we really need that amidst all this?

watashiwa
Dec 7, 2006, 03:32 PM
They could probably do that. It might require another another SQL query, though.

I forget if this version of the forum software still uses a variable for the number of posts for each user record in the database.. I'm pretty sure it does, though, since they're not updating the # for FKL posts..

The SQL query could just select the count from the database for all posts made by a user... Subtract the variable posts from the count to find out the number of FKL posts..

Although, then again, they don't count lounge posts if you have more than 10 posts either...

I guess a better way to do it would just be to have the SQL query select the count for how every many posts are situated in the FKL forum ID for the user ID =P and leave it at that for the fresh kills counter.

Still post counts are kind if dumb anyway, imho, same thing with join dates.. 'cuz people who've been around longer sometimes try to pull the "Please, you don't know what you're talking about my post count is bigger" or "my join date is older" then attach "noob" or something to it, haha.

(Though, I guess it would be entertaining to see who's the biggest spammer in FKL..)

IceBlink
Dec 7, 2006, 06:28 PM
So would it be possible to do something about posts having to be at least 10 words in length, otherwise it doesn't count towards the post count? :3 I've been seeing a lotta one-word posts lately! XD

Moo2u
Dec 7, 2006, 09:12 PM
Dose it really matter? I don't think making a system to see how much spam one has made would be a very productive use of the psow staff's time....and IceBlink! I thought you were dead!

Ryna
Dec 7, 2006, 10:04 PM
The post count value is a little bit misleading anyway. It includes posts from 2001 that were purged a long time ago. Also, there are cases where the post count value will not be updated. This usually happens when the server lags.

KodiaX987
Dec 7, 2006, 10:10 PM
On 2006-12-07 12:32, watashiwa wrote:
The SQL query could just select the count from the database for all posts made by a user... Subtract the variable posts from the count to find out the number of FKL posts..

COUNT(SELECT post_number FROM post WHERE Forum=FKL);

Can I get a guest connection to the SQL server? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I won't jack up my post count, I swear!