PDA

View Full Version : time for me to admit defeat *sigh*

TangledWeb3917
Dec 7, 2006, 11:49 AM
time for a little rant http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

sooooo .... I was a LVL 6 force on monday, and I was planning on hitting LVL 10 tonight so I could change my class once the update was finished, but luck wasn't on my side this week. At the end of the day monday my boss called me into his office and offers me $100 to work on an illustration that we're putting on the cover of a holiday greeting card for one of our regular clients. The catch was I had to work on it after hours ... and it was due on thursday (go figure lol). So here I am ... it's thursday ... I finished the project last night at 1 am .. and I've only been able to LVL up to force 8 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It's quite depressing ... although the money is defiantly a nice consolation prize http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TangledWeb3917 on 2006-12-07 09:17 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TangledWeb3917 on 2006-12-07 10:44 ]</font>

Mystil
Dec 7, 2006, 11:52 AM
You should be able to get 10 on saturday(if you play that day). Remember folks whenever you need to achieve 'around-the-corner with little time to spare' goals, De Ragan is always there to save the day!

TangledWeb3917
Dec 7, 2006, 12:19 PM
I'll be online all night tonight and tomorrow after work and most of the weekend soooo I'll defiantly get there within the next couple of days. It's just upsetting that I can't get it the day of the update http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ABDUR101
Dec 7, 2006, 12:27 PM
Yes, because PSU and any other form of entertainment is more important than jobs and careers? Where are people's priorities anymore? You're 'defeated' because you did'nt get your character to lvl 10 before friday? You're not the type to go to work and kill everyone after being fired, are you?

TangledWeb3917
Dec 7, 2006, 01:01 PM
hey now buddy ... no need to get all nasty over something as trivial as this! I never said that PSU was more important to me them my career ... I think the fact that I've had the game since launch and I'm still only a lvl 31 is evidence enough for that.

My boss gave me a choice to do the project or not and I took it because I love freelancing and I defiantly can use the extra money ... I've been working for 3 days straight now at the office and at home, my career is VERY important to me …. God forbid a woman gets excited about a cool update thats been a long time comming *sigh*

ABDUR101
Dec 7, 2006, 03:05 PM
Wasn't trying to sound nasty, just I see alot of 'rants' where people complain about having to do real life things and not play mere games as much as they want to. Sucks that you did'nt get to lvl 10 yet before the update, but there's always time to play games, thats the point. You're not exactly missing out on anything, it's not some one-time deal that if you don't reach lvl10 you can't change to the new class.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 7, 2006, 04:03 PM
On 2006-12-07 09:27, ABDUR101 wrote:
Yes, because PSU and any other form of entertainment is more important than jobs and careers?

Depends on your job or career, but non-life saving ones are purely for personal attainments, asnd those attainments come in the form of entertainment. If you worked purely to eat and live you could be a janitor cleaning toilets. JObs are for money so your quality of life improves, entertainment is how you improve your quality of life, therefore you could argue that they are equally important as one is needed for the other. If you do nothing but work, your quality of life is poor. Do nothing but play and you cannot afford to sustain that.

IMO you bet your ass having enough money to play games and eat out is more important than where that money came from for me. I don't give a shit how I earn money as long as it results in the former.

We all die in the end, most peoples' contribution to the whole is nothing, the world could go own without you, so unless you're a brain surgeon or some other medical whizz, no, your work really isn't all that important. You're only doing it so you can afford to play.

You can bet your ass if I could earn $100 tomorrow I'd be out there working, but I'd still complain because who the fuck wants to on update day? It's like if you were offered $100 to work Christmas Day, would you? No, leisure time is often more important.

-Shimarisu-
Dec 7, 2006, 04:08 PM
If you have reason to complain about having to work to miss videogame time, IMO you are not balancing your work nd leisure very well and it's affecting your quality of life.

Doesn' mean the videogame is not important, it sure as hell is. What is so important about a career anyway, if it all means nothing in the end?

Like the saying goes, "Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die."

Mystil
Dec 7, 2006, 06:49 PM
Dear Kroger:

YOU MAKE ME SICK. But I love working.

TangledWeb3917
Dec 8, 2006, 01:05 PM
On 2006-12-07 13:03, -Shimarisu- wrote:
You can bet your ass if I could earn $100 tomorrow I'd be out there working, but I'd still complain because who the fuck wants to on update day? It's like if you were offered $100 to work Christmas Day, would you? No, leisure time is often more important.

THANK YOU!!! That's all I was trying to say! ... how I was upset that my boss pulled me in on a project that ran mon-thru, and to top it off he wanted me to do it after office hours. Who in their right mind would want to work 8-5, then come home and work on a project there until 1am for 4 day!

navci
Dec 8, 2006, 01:15 PM
On 2006-12-07 13:03, -Shimarisu- wrote:

I would. All depends on how badly you need the money. Good for you all to not need that badly. :>

And. Good luck on the job! :>