PDA

View Full Version : rare bleepin enimies!

Nidramag
Dec 7, 2006, 05:18 PM
The only (ultimate) rare enemy i've found in the past FREAKIN year is a mil lily!!!! I just can't seem to find anything! if it helps I am a purplenum FOmar level 102 on ult.

T0m
Dec 7, 2006, 06:23 PM
Back when PSO was an offline affair (for me), I saw a rare enemy only once or twice in about 130 levels worth of playtime. Of course, I found Forest to be boring, Temple difficult to navigate, and Caves boring and too long. So mostly I would be in Mines or Ruins..

Nidramag
Dec 7, 2006, 06:35 PM
wait...do mines even have rare enimies...do the mines even have RARES!?!?!?
I've never found a red box there....

DikkyRay
Dec 7, 2006, 06:37 PM
rares are found everywhere!
And section id and class do not effect rare enemies. And...
They are called RARE enemies, not enemies, or non-common enemies. Jst keep looking. If you are offline try piping

Drakorn
Dec 7, 2006, 06:40 PM
Well it doesnt matter about your ID being purplenum, there is 1 of 512 of getting a rare monster. The only monsters that can come rare are

Hildebear > Hildeblue
Rag Rappy > Al Rappy
Hildelt > Hildetorr
El Rappy > Pal Rappy
Poison Lily > Nar Lily
Ob Lily > Mil Lily
Pouilly Slime > Pofuilly Slime

Good luck finding them! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And to be honest i only found Al Rappy, Nar Lily and Pofuily Slime.

KojiroAK
Dec 7, 2006, 07:03 PM
Mines don't have Rare enemies.
(only Forest and Caves have Rares enemies)

But for Purplenum they deliver some nice drops.
(Kasami Bracer, Yas9k wouldn't call them bad)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KojiroAK on 2006-12-07 16:04 ]</font>

FallenAngelV
Dec 7, 2006, 08:03 PM
Well, unless you do Fake in Yellow a lot, you're not likely to see a rare enemy by doing normal area/mission runs. You really need to pipe for them.

KojiroAK
Dec 7, 2006, 08:23 PM
On 2006-12-07 17:03, FallenAngelV wrote:
Well, unless you do Fake in Yellow a lot, you're not likely to see a rare enemy by doing normal area/mission runs. You really need to pipe for them.

Depends on luck (not the status luck, your personal luck)

I had within 2 runs on Caves (VH) at my Viridia Ramar
2 Red slimes.
One into Secret delivery (was yesterday) and one into Addicting Food (today).

Between of them was only "Docs secret plan", "Doctor octos researcht" and the Tier2 quests.

And before i only visited Caves once on a normal run.
(while unlocking Ruins)

Beside of that i had also some other Rare enemies, without piping.

Xeno-Windgust
Dec 7, 2006, 11:03 PM
It's a matter of (personal) luck. I have a very hard time getting a rare enemy to show up, but at least I'm lucky when it comes to their drops.
That being said, quests may grant you a much higher chance of getting a rare enemy to spawn, there are more enemies in them. The key is doing the telepipe trick whenever there are a lot of the enemy that you want the rare counterpart to show up (Poison Lily --> Nar Lily, etc).

For example, Fake In Yellow grants a much better chance of finding a Al/Pal Rappy, obviously, there are only rappies in this quest.
For lilies, try doing Addicting Food or Waterfall Tears, it's a matter of preference here. There's this guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=723) who can inform you better than I can.

Be prepared though. To get a rare enemy to show up, it takes a lot of patience if you're unlucky. It could take from 5 minutes to two hours doing telepipe tricks just to get the rare enemy to show up. But the drops are always worth it (most of the time anyways) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

SilentShadow
Dec 8, 2006, 12:21 PM
ive spent a shitload of time offline - hell every second of my pso life gaming has been offline and ive met all of them only ever seen a hildetorr a couple o times though and i really want another syncesta so i can get my double cannon
ive always found tho that when i take part in quests i seem to find more rare monsters.
i can remember just last night i did soul of a blacksmith again and i found a pal rappy and a mil lillies - to be hones tho its to do with the luck of the draw - its all throw of dice so just keep trying and trying. or just pipe for hours on end - does get repetetive tho - but is worth it on ult.

Out_Kast
Dec 8, 2006, 03:03 PM
I've only ever found...13 or 14. Ever. In over 700 hours. I guess I just have hardly any luck.
Picture a 512 sided dice. That's all I have to say.

RS
Dec 8, 2006, 04:41 PM
The pipe trick works and i would suggest looking for them in hunters guild quests, i can find them all anytime no problem (with alot of pipes though).and read the guides they give you specific areas where they spawn they are very helpful...

Drayma
Dec 8, 2006, 05:14 PM
Don't carry any scapedolls and you will have a better chance of seeing rare monsters.

FelixFelicis
Dec 8, 2006, 05:37 PM
wat?!?! Scapedolls don't have to do iwth anything. That concept is just unheard of.

KojiroAK
Dec 8, 2006, 06:25 PM
On 2006-12-08 14:37, FelixFelicis wrote:
wat?!?! Scapedolls don't have to do iwth anything. That concept is just unheard of.

yep, met today with my viridia Ramar a Hildeblue on VH, and had a Scape doll at me.
(only dropped me a Trap vision, i think it was the price for my two god/powers from the red slimes)

T0m
Dec 8, 2006, 07:04 PM
On 2006-12-08 14:14, Drayma wrote:
Don't carry any scapedolls and you will have a better chance of seeing rare monsters.

I think that's in a Murphy's Law kind of way.

Fate probably prefers players meeting rare enemies, unprepared. Find a rare enemy, and then get killed without a scape. Then return to see the rare enemy has left.
(That brings back painful memories..)

FelixFelicis
Dec 8, 2006, 07:09 PM
Yea sure you can die, but does bringing ALONG scapedolls make you see fewer rare enemies? It doesn't sound rite.

T0m
Dec 8, 2006, 07:13 PM
And it isn't right, but it sure feels like it, after an incident like that. (The painful memories bit).

Nidramag
Dec 10, 2006, 04:50 PM
I finally found one as of 10 minutes ago!!!!!!!!
a PAL RAPPY!!!!
It dropped me a sacred cloth

P.S. thx pal rappy!!!

Nidramag
Dec 11, 2006, 06:37 PM
and the next day I found a love rappy on V.Hard ep. 2

but it only dropped a sol atomizer

Nidramag
Dec 11, 2006, 06:37 PM
can you find addslots on all difficulties? and as all classes?

Jibby
Dec 11, 2006, 07:34 PM
oh my god, TOm, you want to know painful memories? watch this.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uR2ley2diJ4

Nidramag
Dec 11, 2006, 09:11 PM
Ouch...

DragonStorm
Dec 12, 2006, 10:57 AM
If you really want to find rares or curtain weapons then yes do the pipe trick...it works very well if you have the ability linked so you can just press a button and boom a port is there...i was doing it for the red slimes and finally got a demo comet...but still on the search for the lavis cannon so i can achive my ultimate goal the double cannon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RuPiKa
Dec 15, 2006, 12:14 AM
Certain Beat times (000-999 clock in the corner) have something to do with drops or so some believe. I tend to follow that and have have alot of sucess in rare hunting.

Splash
Dec 15, 2006, 12:19 AM
On 2006-12-14 21:14, RuPiKa wrote:
Certain Beat times (000-999 clock in the corner) have something to do with drops or so some believe. I tend to follow that and have have alot of sucess in rare hunting.

That is entirely FALSE. It is a rumor that has been proven false. Beats and rares have no connection with each other.

Saske-Uchiha
Dec 15, 2006, 07:12 AM
Quick question. If there isn't any rare enemy in the mines, how come when I use the pop-up chat screen in offline mode a enemy that I've never heard of appears (dubwitch). I'm guessing its a holiday (Halloween) rare enemy that only shows up online on the day of halloween.
P.S.- Drakorn, you missed the holiday rappies although I'm not too sure if you just didn't post them b/c this guy plays offline.

Drakorn
Dec 15, 2006, 07:46 AM
Dubwitch is that thing you have to blow up to kill all dubchics/dubchichs in that room, and also if you dont kill the dubwitch, you can kill the dubchics/dubchichs by using weapons, only thing is that it takes long to kill them.

Undeadpriest
Dec 15, 2006, 03:20 PM
I'm never lucky into finding rare enemy.Today i founded an Al rappy and yesterday too.I received a Branch of Pakupaku

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Undeadpriest on 2006-12-15 12:21 ]</font>

Drakorn
Dec 15, 2006, 07:20 PM
Well good, i was going to get one too with my pinkal but then when i found an al rappy i forgot i had oran so guess what i got a PD http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Undeadpriest
Dec 16, 2006, 06:52 PM
The things i hate is when you kill rare enemies like their drop rate are 1/2 sometime they drop me money :*(

Xeno-Windgust
Dec 16, 2006, 07:00 PM
On 2006-12-16 15:52, Undeadpriest wrote:
The things i hate is when you kill rare enemies like their drop rate are 1/2 sometime they drop me money :*(

...or to get killed by a Pal Rappy in one hit with a critical hit.
I was with a Pinkal FOnewm (he was weak at the time) and doing FIY runs mainly to level up and BANG! Pal Rappy spawn, I missed my spell and he got me... and also threw away a chance at a real Agito.

Out_Kast
Dec 17, 2006, 08:54 AM
On 2006-12-16 15:52, Undeadpriest wrote:

I've experienced that... 4 times. And I've been stiffed by a 7/8 drop... twice.
Nasty, nasty stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

The rare counterpart I see most often is probably a Nar Lily. I hardly see them very often, but I've seen more of those than anything else.
I've managed to see all the rare monsters. But not many. I guess I don't have very good luck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Out_Kast on 2006-12-17 05:56 ]</font>

Nidramag
Dec 17, 2006, 06:54 PM
I know I could look this up, but what does a mil lily drop, and the chance? I've found three, and they all dropped me meseta

Out_Kast
Dec 18, 2006, 03:48 PM
Depends what Section ID you are http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Edit: Make that 250. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Out_Kast on 2006-12-18 12:49 ]</font>