PDA

View Full Version : GC: Material drop locations

Xeno-Windgust
Dec 7, 2006, 10:48 PM
I was wondering...

I've been playing Fake In Yellow with two different section IDs (Skyly and Pinkal) tonight and it happened that I found a lot of Power, Evade and a bit less Def materials (also 1 luck).
That being said, does somebody know if a certain quest/area could yield more materials than another? In FIY, I cant find any Mind materials, for example.

Maybe it depends on the enemies defeated? I remember Chaos Sorcerers used to drop some Mind materials quite often.

Splash
Dec 8, 2006, 02:02 AM
A certain section ID drops more of a certain material than other section IDs. Other words, while they don't drop as much as a certain one, they still drop.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=306

They also have an appearance rate.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=664

Xeno-Windgust
Dec 8, 2006, 08:22 AM
On 2006-12-07 23:02, Splash wrote:
A certain section ID drops more of a certain material than other section IDs. Other words, while they don't drop as much as a certain one, they still drop.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=306

They also have an appearance rate.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=664

It makes a lot more sense that I wasn't able to find any Mind Materials in FIY -- the quest only takes part in Forest 1.

I might try doing runs elsewhere, it could be more useful^^

Roy-Mustang
Dec 12, 2006, 12:44 AM
The question is: This guide is for DC, it applies for XBOX/GC too? I have an HUcaseal Oran and I always follow in a notebook the mats I give to her, and I have found more POW and DEF mats than anything else, and zero MIND mats. But the guide says Oran find more Mind, HP mats. I guess is wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Roy-Mustang on 2006-12-11 22:10 ]</font>

Jibby
Dec 12, 2006, 12:59 AM
I've found out that nearly EVERY Chaos sorcerer I kill gives me mind or evase or HP material.

and I have NEVER found a dex mat, do they even EXIST?!
Ru nthrough ruins, you'll find plenty.

Splash
Dec 12, 2006, 01:02 AM
On 2006-12-11 21:44, Roy-Mustang wrote:
The question is: This guide is for DC, it applies for XBOX/GC too? I have an HUcaseal Oran and I always follow in a notebook the mats I give to her, and I have found more POW and DEX mats than anything else, and zero MIND mats. But the guide says Oran find more Mind, HP mats. I guess is wrong.

DEX mats don't exist so you are making stuff up as far as I can see.

That or if you aren't making stuff up, you just got lucky. You have to compare both charts to know how much one drops at a certain location (i.e. Oran at Forest). Looking at one of the guides won't help.

Cai
Dec 12, 2006, 01:10 AM
Hit mats exist on v2. They raise your ATA by 2. There are no material limits in v2 either except for HP and TP mats at 125.

Roy-Mustang
Dec 12, 2006, 01:10 AM
Hey sorry I did a mistake, dont kill me for that, is not DEX is DEF.

I'm pretty sure the guide is wrong, one of my characters is a HUcaseal at lvl 76, and by far, I have found 3 Luck Mats, 26 Pow Mats, 5 Evp Mats and 24 Def Mats. ZERO MIND MATS, and the guide claims that Oran can find more mind mats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Roy-Mustang on 2006-12-11 22:17 ]</font>

Drakorn
Dec 12, 2006, 05:21 AM
Well i got an oran and i get loads from forests and mines, so if you have oran thats the best way of getting them.

Kevino
Dec 12, 2006, 10:01 AM
some normal rares in the temple have an .. instant material drop .... i think.

Splash
Dec 12, 2006, 07:14 PM
On 2006-12-11 22:10, Roy-Mustang wrote:

I'm pretty sure the guide is wrong, one of my characters is a HUcaseal at lvl 76, and by far, I have found 3 Luck Mats, 26 Pow Mats, 5 Evp Mats and 24 Def Mats. ZERO MIND MATS, and the guide claims that Oran can find more mind mats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Roy-Mustang on 2006-12-11 22:17 ]</font>

You obviously didn't read what I said.

Two guides are required, not one, not seperate, BOTH! If you do Forest, the appearance rate for Mind Materials is less than that of what you would find in Ruins. Simply put, the first guide is a general, NOT just one quest, on which materials a certain section ID drops the most. Other words, it won't mean anything if you just do Fake in Yellow runs or Forest runs.

Easier than said, go through all the places in one shot (Forest, Caves, Mines, and Ruins) and do no quests. For each material appeared, grab them. At the end of Ruins before Dark Falz, then count how many you got.

Roy-Mustang
Dec 12, 2006, 09:01 PM
On 2006-12-12 16:14, Splash wrote:

On 2006-12-11 22:10, Roy-Mustang wrote:

You obviously didn't read what I said.

Two guides are required, not one, not seperate, BOTH! If you do Forest, the appearance rate for Mind Materials is less than that of what you would find in Ruins. Simply put, the first guide is a general, NOT just one quest, on which materials a certain section ID drops the most. Other words, it won't mean anything if you just do Fake in Yellow runs or Forest runs.

Easier than said, go through all the places in one shot (Forest, Caves, Mines, and Ruins) and do no quests. For each material appeared, grab them. At the end of Ruins before Dark Falz, then count how many you got.

You are so closed minded... I'm not the one who Is claiming about doing FIY runs for mats, please read ahead.
All the mats I'm telling you I did find WHERE OUT OF QUESTS, should I repeat it for you?? OUT OF QUESTS, and again, I have not found any Mind Mats with Oran, ANY. Do you understand know? or do you need a picture??

Splash
Dec 12, 2006, 10:13 PM
On 2006-12-12 18:01, Roy-Mustang wrote:
You are so closed minded... I'm not the one who Is claiming about doing FIY runs for mats, please read ahead.
All the mats I'm telling you I did find WHERE OUT OF QUESTS, should I repeat it for you?? OUT OF QUESTS, and again, I have not found any Mind Mats with Oran, ANY. Do you understand know? or do you need a picture??

Yes, I will need a picture because you did not specify where "out of quest" place you did. Simple pointing out.

But I am inclined to believe that you could get more materials either way. That is how much I believe, so it is possible to grab a bunch of def materials or power materials.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Splash on 2006-12-12 19:15 ]</font>

KojiroAK
Dec 13, 2006, 04:57 AM
Actually i think the text that says, that one ID find more specific mats then an other ID is a little mistaken dangered.

They have only better drop chances.

In the end better drop chances means they will appear more often in average, but it doesn't ensure you, that you will get them.

Even on a 99/100 drop chance, it would still be possible, that you wouldn't get it, even after thousands of tries.

As well as it's possible that you get a 1/1mio drop chance at the first try.

So it's really dangerous to rely on chances.

Kevino
Dec 13, 2006, 09:51 AM
indeed you can never gaurentee that you will get any thing any time!

Kuroi_Ryoken
Dec 22, 2006, 02:16 PM
True.

But certain IDs find certain things. (Bluefull:Gae Bolg, Gae Bolg, Gae Bolg, Gae Bolg!)

Viridia finds loads of Mind Materials from Chaos Sorcerors, are you Viridia, Xeno-Windgust?