PDA

View Full Version : true or false. A synth question

Skuda
Dec 7, 2006, 11:42 PM
Earlier today I heard that luck only affects elemental percents on weapons, instead of affecting the actual success percents.

True or False?

Ceresa
Dec 7, 2006, 11:45 PM
T

Gamemako
Dec 8, 2006, 12:14 AM
True.

Your success percentage is listed before you synth. Nothing else affects it.

Niki
Dec 8, 2006, 12:19 AM
So if I log in on Luck 3 Monday, synth some armour, and logout to return and retrieve it on Luck 0 Thursday, the Luck stands from Monday, neh?

Shadow_Wing
Dec 8, 2006, 02:11 AM
I don't think luck really effects the elemental %, right now with 0 luck I got a 38% light saber.

A few of my friends have gotten 50% elemental weapons with only 1 and 0 luck, and saw no increase in % when they had lvl 3 luck. It seems that luck really doesn't play much part in synthesis.

Agne
Dec 8, 2006, 02:36 AM
once again i hate to be the one spouting that god exists in the face of science but..... from PERSONAL experience, i have found that i have had better luck with synths on lucky days. on days when i'm not lucky i hardly ever succeed in synth and on days i'm lucky i have yet to fail.

Yet the evidence that hints to me most is that my girlfriend plays mostly story but has an online char.
Everyday when i log on i check her and see her luck lvl. when she has luck 3 i synth on her and she has yet to fail any on those days too. now yes she has failed with her char. on non luck days. now i know this is a small sample but two ppl, two chars, and still the same results.

so in conclusion for me (and this is purely my opinion) i still believe in the face of all else that luck might play some part in the procedure, and so i will continue to synth my best stuff on lucky days.

(i.e. my example would be fluo bulbs. i've synth'd 10 so far, all on luck days and i've yet to fail on it. my mag is only lvl 20 something and my girlfriend's is like lvl 2)

Agne
Dec 8, 2006, 02:37 AM
besides it can't hurt....

Bast
Dec 8, 2006, 09:27 AM
I doubt the actual PSU Luck System affects the percentage of a weapon's element. I think it's just plain luck. I created a 44% light Durandal on a no luck day. Then a 16% Dark Halbert a level 2 luck day.

_Deliverance_
Dec 8, 2006, 12:28 PM
I don't know for sure, but my PM has failed a LOT of synths lately with 0 luck. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I'm a beleiver.

ZodiacNKnight
Dec 8, 2006, 05:21 PM
I successfully synthed a Busterline today with 53%.
I don't want to risk my Double Saber though with just 41%...

Tycho
Dec 9, 2006, 03:49 AM
The 'Photon Fortune' thing only affects drop-anything rates and grinding success.

Mewn
Dec 9, 2006, 06:14 AM
Beat Time Theory, lol.

PhatKnutz
Dec 9, 2006, 11:38 AM
Dont get me started on Beat times again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif