PDA

View Full Version : GC: Sega has forsaken us!

Nuku
Nov 23, 2002, 08:08 PM
Perhaps we now have finally reached the point where playing this game should just end all together. It is bad enought that we have had to start our DC characters all over again for the GC/Xbox but now, in the short time we have played, they have made it mandatory to have our inventories stripped! What about the rares we have? The quests we've completed? The sheilds we've found that had 4 slots?

Some of you may think me a fool, or some sort of "newbie"... but i've logged over 1800 hours of simple PSO playing in my life, and I am quite sick of it. It is unfair that we should be punished for other people's faults! I think that if sega should have the right to do this to us, then we should have the right to have our characters from the dreamcast version transfered over to the GC/X-box!

"Oh please!" I know you've had enough with the complaining, the teary-eyed people who have decdicated themselves to nothingness time and time again, which is exactly what this game results in mind you! I am getting quite sickended by this activity of us having out items deleted. Are there NOLers? NO... hacking is at an all-time low! why is this, you ask? Because even hackers are sick of having to fight the power, AND SO then a select few, and boy i'd sure love to have figured this one out, turn out being able to DUPLICATE items, OLD news OLD hat just like the version 1.1 removal of all of our items, I am saying this now, because i think that the time is NOW for us to pick a Martyr to stand up and say "We are worshopers of this game" because that is what you all are, face it. If you've played and leveled to 200 in the DC version then there is NO reason that you should have to do it all over again just to see olga-flow DEAD... It simply isn't fair! My S Ranks, personal items, all which I wish i could have taken over, simply LEFT behind, and we cant even back things up, Sega has even removed the ability to copy guild-card lists!!! Why??

This version 1.1 is an atrocity to the PSO community! It shouldn't be allowed in any country! it should get Sega a lawsuit! but how? HOW can we fight this power outside of diving into the pool with our good freind, Barubary...

I know how...

and it is simple...

and I shall be the first to do it...

Even now, as I type this, I am snapping my gamecube PSO disk in half... When it comes to the store for the X box i will buy every copy and BURN them... And if that doesnt make the news then the large banisters and banquets i hold for people to eat off of the cases, now melted into tupperware, of the most time-consuming, money-consumin, SOUL-CONSUMING game which has EVER been produced in the history of mankind! sega's worst and final decision which has brought them to the brink of their own destruciton I shall now hope and PRAY to some still worshoped God outside of this monstrocity, and hope that a new version, sequel, or platform of this game ever be produced again... ever!

Now I ask, who is with me? The community is very much alive while the thing which we hold in common is dead, don't you see it? dead...

^_^ oh and don't think I don't know I sound crazy, I am crazy this game has driven me beyond the boundaries of my sanity! It will do the same to you! ALL OF YOU! Ban me if you must, but don't give me a warning, i have had far too many of those to care ...

HAIL PSO! HAIL! it is YOUR GOD!

sleep well children...

haterade
Nov 23, 2002, 08:13 PM
I like her. She's crazy.

Nuku
Nov 23, 2002, 08:15 PM
Any Crazy shit you want right.

Vejita
Nov 23, 2002, 08:17 PM
yes she is crazy
i like the game i think it's still fun
like your sig too

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Nov 23, 2002, 08:42 PM
Eh don't have to upgrade, continue playing with cheaters :3

ABDUR101
Nov 23, 2002, 09:23 PM
...is this a rant...? o_O

It sounds like one.

Uh..yeah..I agree Nuku..go buy all the PSO discs and burn them. That'll teach Sega! Yeah!

..oh..wait..they still get their money since you payed for the discs before you broke them =X

...funny, DeathKiller used to rant about the same thing, even though everyone knew(obviously) that there'd be no back-up of characters from former PSO's.

See, if you could back up from the DC version, people would just dupe to their hearts content and then bring their character(s) to the GC/X-box releases.

Also, whatever bugs were in the previous versions would pretty much have to stay, since the characters would be brought over from the older versions.

Besides, you enjoyed the DC versions, right? Start over again, it's just as enjoyable, if not more so.

Having fun is what it's all about, and I don't need my lvl 127 HUcast from the DC version to have fun. I already remade him and got him to lvl 64+ =D

RavenTW
Nov 23, 2002, 09:39 PM
Am I just lucky or something? I've never lost an item (save when I rip myself off in trades) and I personally don't give a flip about starting over. The best char I ever had on DC was level 43, thanks to all the hackers. And even if I did lose my items in GC, the fact that I'm now level 69 makes up for it. You can always find/trade for the rares again.

Does it really matter if you consume a little more time to level your character to make sure you don't risk bringing in all the DC bugs by transfering characters?

Wang_Tang
Nov 23, 2002, 10:53 PM
I'm with Abdur on this one (well, the part about the xferring of hacks and so on).

And hey, this is definitely not "version 1.1", its more like version 3... or 3.1. there's plenty of new stuff and revives of old stuff to keep us going for a long time to come. you're drunk, man, sleep it off.

I'm lvl 129 now on the gc version after playing since nov 2nd, and guess what? i've had a helluva lot of fun, and im stuck offline!. pants.

Sedric
Nov 23, 2002, 11:01 PM
I really want to say that if you desperately miss your uber DC characters and saves, then go boot up DC and play that char. But I'm not gonna say it cause I don't wanna get involved in this. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

StryderPSO
Nov 23, 2002, 11:07 PM
i hope your happy....now go burn your soapbox, and go play some other game that you can bitch...there are many who enjoy this game and dont wanna see the boards polluted with bitching like this...i am sorry but i dont agree with anything you have said, god we dont wanna make these boards like the ign boards for DAOC when everyone's like "Th13 G@m3 sUx05" just leave quietly and dont try to ruin everyone elses fun.

I have played this game for a number of hours, and everyone, no matter what level i was, was enjoyable. what sega is trying to do by an inventory whipe, is preserve the economy in this game that it, untill this version has never had...and if you cant respect that play an offline game, or even diablo 1. Sorry for my harse answer but it was just what i felt

Blue-Hawk
Nov 24, 2002, 12:15 AM
'onventories stripped'?! O_o

Vashin
Nov 24, 2002, 02:14 AM
lol i think she is one of the unlucky *cough*dumb*cough* people who imported and now have to get the version 1.1 cause i think their inventories get cleaned when they transfer chars over.

Jizzah
Nov 24, 2002, 04:55 AM
On 2002-11-23 17:08, Nuku wrote:
"Oh please!" I know you've had enough with the complaining, the teary-eyed people who have decdicated themselves to nothingness time and time again, which is exactly what this game results in mind you!

http://zworld2.com/MRSZWORLD/Supplies/KLEENEX.gif

RellikTakahashi
Nov 24, 2002, 09:08 AM
Jizzah is insane with his Tissue box sig lol so its all cool if Nuku is crazy. she'll fit right in welcome aboard! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wewt
Nov 24, 2002, 12:48 PM
On 2002-11-23 23:14, Vashin wrote:
lol i think she is one of the unlucky *cough*dumb*cough* people who imported and now have to get the version 1.1 cause i think their inventories get cleaned when they transfer chars over.

Dumb, eh?

It'll be fun to read any future problems you may have with PSO.

Naer
Nov 24, 2002, 02:26 PM
I love seeing people get stressed over a video game.

Rotis
Nov 24, 2002, 02:45 PM
On 2002-11-23 18:23, ABDUR101 wrote:
...funny, DeathKiller used to rant about the same thing, even though everyone knew(obviously) that there'd be no back-up of characters from former PSO's.

Yeah, well, it doesn't matter which hand you use to type something... it'll still come out to the same general point. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Alena Zouryx
Nov 25, 2002, 12:30 PM
Personally, I think starting over is fun. It's great being able to see what it is like from a nooble's perspective for a change. Just play the damn game, girl, and you'll eventually find everything you had. I'm only level 70 but I already have everything that my level 124 FOmarl had, AND more. so just get over it and leave the games for kids who are begging for it for Christmas. Don't ruin Christmas for 'em, for God's sake..

BonusKun
Nov 25, 2002, 12:37 PM
You are not your fucking rarez!

mystic_knight
Nov 28, 2002, 01:50 AM
Personally myself, i never could get my hands on the DC PSO, so starting a new character was just gravy for me =). I think everyone having to start over though is a good idea though. It keeps all newbs (like myself) and professionals together. The saturation of high lvl characters makes it hard for new people to start on online game *cough*everquest*cough*. And about ver. 1.1, you dont have to buy a whole new game do you? ive reads an article about it but i dont think it mentioned whether you had to buy a new one or there was a trading in system, but the inventory wipes are surely sucky i bet, especially if you got some really rare stuff. And i agree that buying and burning all the X-Box games is a non-thoughtout idea. They still get your money, so it doesnt matter to them. Burning the X-Box offices...now that would help your cause...BUT DON'T! (if you do it i deny all liability upon my part...ya freak...)

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 29, 2002, 02:13 AM
what happened to good old Death anyway?

ChokingVictim
Nov 29, 2002, 05:29 PM
soul consuming?

you never played everqrack i take it

Blue147
Nov 29, 2002, 05:45 PM
grrrrrrrrr i like pso but not right now cuz within 20 mins of me geting online i get dc wich i'm not sure y.i going to probly do something stupid and delet all my chars and online info and then figuer out that that wasnt the problom and then brun my pso lol or i'll just test a new char on my other memory card lol and where the hell is our keyboard grrrrrr lol i hate nintendo lol

MPLe
Nov 29, 2002, 05:48 PM
Some of you may think me a fool, or some sort of "newbie"...

The sheilds we've found that had 4 slots?

er?

Blur2168
Nov 29, 2002, 06:10 PM
wow, who really cares that we hav 2 start over. the best part of PSO is levelin' and with all the new stuff in EpI&II its as fun as ever 2 level up. doesnt matter to me that we hav 2 start over, cuz its like a whole new game w/ the redesigned weps and new items.

Dark-Hunter
Nov 29, 2002, 06:49 PM
wait this might sound stupid but how can they clean are inventorys when there saved on memory cards???

mystic_knight
Nov 29, 2002, 07:13 PM
Ya, if you want soul consuming try EverQuest...the time on my lvl 48 monk b4 I quit was 35 days+. A few times I've stayed up over 12 hours just to get 1/2 a lvl...trust me, PSO is nothing compared to EverQuest...PSO is a soul-tickler, not consumer.

AynRand
Nov 30, 2002, 08:52 AM
gc pso this is an entirely different game to the DC, transferring of dc character is just silly, u don't transfer save files between console games..People actually worry and moan about that - dear what a shame...

i have jp pso (US pso now)and well people outside of japan are'nt exactly supposed to play it anyway, we all use rubbish which would violate TOS in order to register and get H/L's, the only way your ever not gonna have problems getting new copies or exchanging game disks if a new ver is released is through your own domestic versions..

If jp pso player can get ver1.1 what do you lose? your level? battle rank? hunters license you paid for? guild card list? guild card number? materials usage? HELL NO!!!!!!!!

all you lose is items...items... how easy is it to find items on GC PSO - EASY, you know what ID you are, you played enough to know what drops what for it so you can go re-find stuff and trade hat and it don;t take long. Friends moving over or any friends you may have on us ver when servers are linked can help you out.

Sonic team fecked up releasing game with a pathetic dupe bug, they are putting it right, you keep the things that matter

Dark-Hunter
Nov 30, 2002, 02:29 PM
wait are they taking are items and charater levels or just the items, i wish you guys wouldnt ignore me cause im new to the forum

HUcastAndroid888
Nov 30, 2002, 03:11 PM
They are taking away all the items, and replacing them with Jack-O-Lanterns. The characters retain their levels.

Eve
Nov 30, 2002, 04:08 PM
Phantasy Star 2 took up far more than my time than the 400+ hours i spent on Dreacast PSO http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

mystic_knight
Nov 30, 2002, 04:08 PM
er...whats the point of replacing them with jack-o-lanterns? and like couldnt you give a fried your items, change to new version, and then get the items back? or have they thought of a way to stop that too?