PDA

View Full Version : RAcaseal teh rox, or teh sux?

SiliconX
Nov 23, 2002, 09:34 PM
I see next to no RAcaseals online, which probably started me wanting to make one. But nearly EVERYONE I talk to says no one plays her because "she sucks"

Does she? Obviously her ATP is fairly low, but her ATA is good, her Def is huge and her HP is huge as well.

Just curious what you all think. Looking at the stats, she definately looks like she got nerfed in the GC PSO. And I definately wouldn't expect her to be able to mow does enemies like a HUcast, but I really wouldn't want to get her to level 40 and find she truly does do pathetic damage...

Vejita
Nov 23, 2002, 09:43 PM
well according to the recent poll she's the best tank...
i dunno i've been wanting to make one so i'm gonna.
i mean she has the huge dfp and hp, and ata's real good, that's great stats, besides the power, and if you want power well you have a Mag for a reason

Rhete
Nov 23, 2002, 10:02 PM
RAcaseal has great HP and DFP. Two stats you don't need very much as a ranger though, since you really should be staying back and shooting with a gun.

On the downside, her ata is lower than the human rangers, her atp is just barely higher than RAmarl. Her evp is ok, but RAmarl blows it away.

Personally I think RAcaseal is a pretty lousy class now, which stinks because I really used to like them

EDarkness
Nov 23, 2002, 10:15 PM
Well, so far my favorite character class is the RAcaseal. Great stats, decent power, and they look cool. My only problem is that they start off pretty far behind the curve, but in the end they walk away being some of the best "tanks" in the game. Of course, with anything you need to decide what works best for you and run with it. For me, I find the RAcaseal a pretty safe bet in the long run.

-EDarkness

SiliconX
Nov 23, 2002, 11:00 PM
Well yeah, Rangers will generally try not to get hit, but you will get hit from time to time. And I would think that the high HP and Def would help against bosses and in areas like RUins where you can be shooting a Dimenian, and get jacked from behind

Well, I guess we'll see. I'm gonna start a HUcast to replace my HUcaseal, so maybe after that

Zio
Nov 23, 2002, 11:16 PM
Heh, I still like her even though ST made her a pointless character now.

Munki
Nov 24, 2002, 12:44 AM
On 2002-11-23 20:16, Zio wrote:
Heh, I still like her even though ST made her a pointless character now.

I don't think any of the characters are pointless. There is a reason to play as anybody. As stated in another thread, she is the best Tank in the game. And the cutest tank too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I started a RAcaseal just recently, and I think she is cool. Just pick a character that you like... be it because of the play style, animations, model, etc. I have never been a fan of min/max-ing characters. But hey, different folks, different strokes. I haven't seen that many rangers on period, but I agree that the ones you do see tend to be RAcasts (although you do see the occaisional RAmar).

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Nov 24, 2002, 12:54 AM
I'm picking RAcaseal as second character and doing the best I can with her X3... She's hot and uhhhh... she has nice legs.

Rhete
Nov 24, 2002, 01:28 AM
On 2002-11-23 21:44, Munki wrote:
I haven't seen that many rangers on period, but I agree that the ones you do see tend to be RAcasts (although you do see the occaisional RAmar).

Odd, I generally see the most RAmar (especially on Vega), followed closely by RAmarl, then a few RAcast, and no RAcaseal

Jizzah
Nov 24, 2002, 04:56 AM
RA* = teh sux!!!!111

Riel
Nov 24, 2002, 06:15 AM
RAcaseal=teh RoxS. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RellikTakahashi
Nov 24, 2002, 09:14 AM
do what YOU want to do. Make who YOU want. don't listen to what other people tell ya!

Brundidge
Nov 24, 2002, 08:27 PM
RAcaseals are nice and cute.
I'll make one again...
sooner or later...
too much fun with a HUcaseal right now.

EsperFlame
Nov 24, 2002, 08:42 PM
Whoever printed out the max stats for all the classes is wrong. Acoording to the Strategy Guide (the one for GC & X-Box Version) the Racaseal still has the highest ATA stat, but the file that lists the max stats doesn't say they have the highest ATA. Therefor, I'd discount the max stat listings we all saw.